Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

Based on previous expansions, is the current i590 crafting/gathering gear going to be the end of the line BiS? Or do y'all think there'll be another tier later? I know I'm going to have to upgrade at some point to catch future EW big fish.
Patch 6.3 should have the final tier of crafted DoH/L gear, patch 6.4 should have the final set of scrip DoH/L gear, and patch 6.5 should have the glowy achievement main hands for filling out the recipes/gathering logs/fishing log.
If there's a crafting/gathering Relic this expansion, it will probably start around patch 6.25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

hopeandjoy posted:

It really depends on if all the HW dungeons have plot NPCs in them or just Sohm Al, which you already canonically did with the camping trip gang. There’s a real question of who the third party member for the Aery could even be without substantial rewrites in addition to the fact that Estinien as party member would require removing Estinien as set piece in the boss fight.

They could always change the boss and make the Nidhogg fight a follow-up solo duty, sort of like how they split Lahabrea off from Porta Decumana. That'd let them ensure the fight is at a narrative-appropriate difficulty, too, since solo duties can't be steamrolled by veteran teammates with high-level gear.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Valentin posted:

also i don't get the fell cleave buzzsaws. i love them, don't get me wrong, i just don't get why buzzsaws.

Lean into being a buzzsawmancer by glamming to the pizza cutter.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They could also have Estenien be a trust member and then move him into set-piece mode when they reach that fight. Just have to adjust the fight down for only having 1 dos, which seems reasonable to do.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Subjunctive posted:

They could also have Estenien be a trust member and then move him into set-piece mode when they reach that fight. Just have to adjust the fight down for only having 1 dos, which seems reasonable to do.

Or just have him bust out the eye during that phase after you clear the adds. It does the same thing without having to physically take him out of the fight.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Or just have him bust out the eye during that phase after you clear the adds. It does the same thing without having to physically take him out of the fight.

Sure, just need to make sure the adds during his eye thing are balanced for 3 active players. Or give Eye-stenien a damage aura to make up for it?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Subjunctive posted:

Sure, just need to make sure the adds during his eye thing are balanced for 3 active players. Or give Eye-stenien a damage aura to make up for it?

No I mean after the adds are killed he activates it. If he is just a normal party member for that phase you still have the gameplay and lore conceit of having to keep him up so that he can put the shield up before the big attack. There's no point or reason to remove him

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The adds in that fight are already low on HP and barely cast any of their abilities once.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No I mean after the adds are killed he activates it. If he is just a normal party member for that phase you still have the gameplay and lore conceit of having to keep him up so that he can put the shield up before the big attack. There's no point or reason to remove him

Ah, I get it. That makes sense.

Doomykins posted:

The adds in that fight are already low on HP and barely cast any of their abilities once.

This is also true.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Turns out when you've tanked Dumb Skates in literally never, and you've got two newbie healers in your party, and the other two tanks don't want to tank, you end up dying a lot to the last couple bosses.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I started this up again after falling off years ago (I think early heavenward?)

Playing on a free trial on a "road to 80" server cause I'm pretty broke recently and idk how long I'll stay interested.

I just got to the end of the regular ARR, started as a monk which I actually loved but found really stressful with a lot to remember/do properly in some group content.

Since that was already mid 50s when the main quest was mid 30s I caught up a summoner which I like, maybe not love, but really enjoy how simple and stress free it is to do everything "right."

They're now both over capped for MSQ. Any suggestions on a f2p class I might enjoy as a happy middle ground to try next?

I don't remember/know any of the dungeons well enough to want to go tank right now

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

great big cardboard tube posted:

I started this up again after falling off years ago (I think early heavenward?)

Playing on a free trial on a "road to 80" server cause I'm pretty broke recently and idk how long I'll stay interested.

I just got to the end of the regular ARR, started as a monk which I actually loved but found really stressful with a lot to remember/do properly in some group content.

Since that was already mid 50s when the main quest was mid 30s I caught up a summoner which I like, maybe not love, but really enjoy how simple and stress free it is to do everything "right."

They're now both over capped for MSQ. Any suggestions on a f2p class I might enjoy as a happy middle ground to try next?

I don't remember/know any of the dungeons well enough to want to go tank right now

Well smn is definitly the simplest class and I think monk is one of the more complex ones. Maybe give archer/bard a try? It's got a few plates to spin between dots, songs, and procs, but it also doesn't have any positionals or cast times to worry about either.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm officially switched over to a sch main because it's so fun and interesting. basically i run smn for dps on all the solo bullshit parts and then switch to sch when i gotta group for a dungeon and its gotta count. im having tremendous fun doing so.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

SMN gets you dps with a raise, basically no cast times when it's high enough, a healer leveled alongside for free, dragon lasers!, and a green doton for tanks to pull packs out of. Basically it's the best

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm officially switched over to a sch main because it's so fun and interesting. basically i run smn for dps on all the solo bullshit parts and then switch to sch when i gotta group for a dungeon and its gotta count. im having tremendous fun doing so.

Healers in general are a blast once you get into a comfortable rhythm of switching between DPS and healing. You might want to give SGE a try as well at some point, as it plays similarly to SCH but with some flashier tools like a big ol' AoE button.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I wonder just how extensive the AST rework is going to be

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I hope it doesn't come to this, but I am emotionally preparing to abandon yet another main.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 10, 2022

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Every ability becomes a card that you have to draw and then play. Like if Sage had to eukrasia every single GCD.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

FallenGod posted:

Every ability becomes a card that you have to draw and then play. Like if Sage had to eukrasia every single GCD.

a cursed post

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FallenGod posted:

So... old Dark Knight?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

So... old Dark Knight?

Hey, only 3 of the 4 GCDs StB Dark Knight used in single target were Dark Arts-able!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheWorldsaStage posted:

honestly I mostly hope it becomes bardlike because bard essentially has the same gimmick except you hit a button and it takes care of its self. I tend to forget about cards during big oh poo poo moments

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Finally got caught up on my Eureka weapon and bought the Elemental Fending set.

Do I also need to be all caught up with the Pyros weapon stage to get the upgraded set from the last zone?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know of a decent guide for making a hair mod? I want Merlwyb's hair on my roe but a simple drag and drop conversion has some clipping and doesn't fit right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

bard is pretty simple (keep your dots up, have songs up, pop stuff when it comes off cooldown) and it being a ranged dps means you dont have to worry about cast times, positionals, or moving in/out of melee range

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Been a real good fishing day for me. Kinda wish I kept my copies of Problematicus, Opabinia and Raim now.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The warden! Feeling pretty jealous. You gonna put that in a tank or sell it for millions?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm just gonna keep it around for a keepsake. Maybe once I decide to properly decorate my house it can live in an aquarium.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Just realized we can go on other data centers and drag bone dragon north. A whole new bone zone!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sorry bud, all my data server visit bone zone'ing is balmung :c00lbutt:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rap Game Goku posted:

Just realized we can go on other data centers and drag bone dragon north. A whole new bone zone!

Gonna visit other data centers just to pull bone dragon south. :twisted:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna visit other data centers just to pull bone dragon south. :twisted:

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/779181388993925120

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Spoilers for the upcoming tribal quests

https://twitter.com/zenosenjoyer/status/1535120224969756673?s=20&t=GxJrvk2MlaWtIpbNZYiKYA

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Havin' a normal one at the aetheryte.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dareon posted:

Havin' a normal one at the aetheryte.

Where do they usually call home? I know Fanfrit's Jades have been going on tour with the datacenter travel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Where do they usually call home? I know Fanfrit's Jades have been going on tour with the datacenter travel.

I think Balmung.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I absolutely love that Luke Allen-Gale is up for anything.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

4 SB legendaries done in 3 days. Lucky me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This was incredible, but in the time it took me to watch it once to copying the link to post elsewhere, it was made age restricted?