Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nice, feels like I'm downgrading the difficulty down an entire rank or two whenever I chug a mega armor drug. I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of it in HR7

Sadly, I have to write a bunch of boring legal articles before I can play today, I'm hoping to hit sunbreak content by the end of the day!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
poo poo i forgot about those drugs. I'll have to include them too

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Do drugs hunt monsters

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

drat this thread. I'm playing Rise again.

So I'm at HR 19 and I guess I need to get to 20? I have a ton of quests, I don't know which to do, so I'll do the ones with icons on them. This game is obtuse as poo poo, and yet I'm having some fun somehow.

I'm maining SnS, but not feeling it at the moment. I think it's lack of range is really killing me.

I know I said I wanted something fast but I don't know.

Reading the main thread, my eye's landing on Lance and Bow.

I like the idea of feeling safe with Lance.

I like the idea of speed(?) and range with bow. But how hard is the micro-managing, so crafting arrows, or using a coating complicated or just as easy as eating dango and not thinking about it again?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Is there someway to know if I am actually pulling my weight in hub quests? I really don’t feel like I am in a bunch of these HR6 and HR7 quests. I am not landing as many charged attacks as I should with GS.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm doing lance mainly for rise and it has great range and you can tank just about anything. It's a lot of fun. It's more mobile than you think too, with a dash and a quickstep.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

Okay I've come around on MLB The Show 22 (tm)

Pitching is super fun. I'm in the first week in May and Ohtani has 85 K's

Batting still sucks because I'm early on everything and I have no plate discipline.

How has his arm not liquified pitching that many games

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm doing lance mainly for rise and it has great range and you can tank just about anything. It's a lot of fun. It's more mobile than you think too, with a dash and a quickstep.

Good to keep in mind. How stupid is it to try to start gathering poo poo to make a decent lance. Like it wouldn't take super long would it? One that I can use at HR 7 or whatever I'm at.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Calidus posted:

Is there someway to know if I am actually pulling my weight in hub quests? I really don’t feel like I am in a bunch of these HR6 and HR7 quests. I am not landing as many charged attacks as I should with GS.
unless you try doing the quests solo, not really

it's entirely possible to go through the entire game in multiplayer without even knowing what your buttons do, for better or for worse

PsyClops
Jun 15, 2000

100YrsofAttitude posted:

drat this thread. I'm playing Rise again.

I like the idea of speed(?) and range with bow. But how hard is the micro-managing, so crafting arrows, or using a coating complicated or just as easy as eating dango and not thinking about it again?

You'll generally want bows that can use Power Coatings, but you can really just set them and forget them until you run out. Then you can decide whether to restock at camp or just keep going. There's not a ton of inventory management when it comes to bow gameplay.
The only real downside will be getting ahold of the Mighty Bow Feather, which is the only thing that unlocks the final bow charge levels (until Sunbreak's post-game, anyway).

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Good to keep in mind. How stupid is it to try to start gathering poo poo to make a decent lance. Like it wouldn't take super long would it? One that I can use at HR 7 or whatever I'm at.

The bone/metal ones have decent power but no affinity so you wouldn't have to take too long to get a decent weapon but eventually I think higher affinity is better than straight damage but I don't know anything about the mon hun systems

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

The bone/metal ones have decent power but no affinity so you wouldn't have to take too long to get a decent weapon but eventually I think higher affinity is better than straight damage but I don't know anything about the mon hun systems

Affinity is chance to crit. You can literally do calculations on when it’s better to have more attack vs more crit but generally you want them both to go up together if you can

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tayter Swift posted:

How has his arm not liquified pitching that many games

He's only 4-0 with a WHIP of 0.87. All six starts were quality.

I took him too deep last game and he had a no-hitter going against the Nats in the 7th when he gave up a 3-run shot. I went on to lose that game in 16 innings and I'm still salty about it.

Averaging about 15 K's per nine.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does Sunbreak have a cool new title screen? I love when expansion packs do that

Morter posted:

Thankfully I have off for the next 6 days. It's party time :dance:

Speaking of Sunbreak, this is one of my most satisfying kills in my MonHun career. Turn the sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/w7W1vfy.mp4

drat lol, that rules

KingSlime posted:

After around 500 hours in various monster hunter games, I used armor drug / mega armor drug for the first time ever and holy poo poo

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to need to craft any new armor after all. A single drink seems to last most of the hunt!! Next I got to see what's up with this demon drug, both need to be a staple in my loadout because jesus

Makes me wonder what other ridiculously useful items I'm missing out on. I do use barrel bombs etc. But for the most part my loadout is pretty standard

Yeah I pretty much don't use any consumables except the stuff you get in absurd quantities like potions. I know I'm supposed to but my hoarding mentality always makes me feel like it's worth taking a little longer if I save resources. I know it's dumb but I can't get around it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Does Sunbreak have a cool new title screen? I love when expansion packs do that

yes indeed

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

Nice, feels like I'm downgrading the difficulty down an entire rank or two whenever I chug a mega armor drug. I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of it in HR7

Sadly, I have to write a bunch of boring legal articles before I can play today, I'm hoping to hit sunbreak content by the end of the day!!

Oh don't worry, by the time you get to the rear end-end of High Rank and past the midpoint of Master Rank (Sunbreak content), you will absolutely need to make those drugs a regular part of your routine to stay afloat. Or at least I do. Usually I start chugging them after I cart once. I figure by then it's go time.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I used to use the demondrugs and armorskins all the time in previous MH games but never do in Rise. Not sure why. The demondrugs would definitely make things go faster, if nothing else.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Morpheus posted:

I used to use the demondrugs and armorskins all the time in previous MH games but never do in Rise. Not sure why. The demondrugs would definitely make things go faster, if nothing else.

Yeah I'm in this boat. Thanks for reminding me, thread. (And sorry for keeping this thread Rise-centric, thread :kiddo: )

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Lego City Undercover is on sale for $6 or so. I know folks enjoyed it, so while checking out some gameplay footage, I saw a pedestrian run out of the way of your car and smack his big dumb plastic head against a wall, which immediately sold the game to me. :getin:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It should be helpful to know that Drugs/Mega Drugs do not stack on each other (it just takes the max) but they DO stack with demon/armor POWDER. And those stack with dango booster, and with charms and talons too. The drugs last until you faint, but the powders only last 3 minutes or so. The booster is a chonky ten minutes, which should be enough to do a good deal of damage before it wears off.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Klonoa remakes good. Portal ports fantastic. I had a great weekend

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
we love to klon

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Kirby Forgotten world Chaos Elfilis is a great fight

Finished it with my son. Now I want to finish it in Single Player with no extra life bar (that he bought on his account). :black101:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Surprised this wasn't posted already:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmertca/status/1546166785489125376?t=2Z2YwncgAGD_8EfiRdijcg&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably because it’s fake ya dummy.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

American McGay posted:

Probably because it’s fake ya dummy.

But it’s from the official Nintendo Amertca twitter account!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Got em!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

loving hell.

Jfc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You've been owned op

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why put that much effort into a pointless lie? Can you turn around and sell the account if it gets enough retweets or something?

I'd understand if it was at least funny

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

I could tell it was fake because it didn’t have DK Mountain!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Amertca 7

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

flavor.flv posted:

Why put that much effort into a pointless lie? Can you turn around and sell the account if it gets enough retweets or something?

I'd understand if it was at least funny

That buy now link is suspicious. Might be an actual scam going on.

I've gotten my share of robocalls that left a message which provided no means of calling them back. Not even like a hint or a name. It's like they're so ingrained in scamming they forgot there's supposed to be a payoff.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You've been owned op

Oh yes, quite owned. But I've blocked the account now, so it won't happen again until it happens again with a new fake account.

And here I am, urging my boomer relatives to stop sharing hoax poo poo on FB because none of it stands up to a modicum of scrutiny.

I guess I just really want new courses :negative:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Requesting this moment be posted in this thread's first post and the next 1-3 threads thank you

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hammer Bro. posted:

That buy now link is suspicious. Might be an actual scam going on.

I've gotten my share of robocalls that left a message which provided no means of calling them back. Not even like a hint or a name. It's like they're so ingrained in scamming they forgot there's supposed to be a payoff.

My favorite robo calls are the ones in pure mandarin Chinese that im supposed to be able to understand

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Those ones are nasty. They're threatening to revoke your citizenship and deport your entire family to face trial in china unless you send them money right away

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Weird, Nintendo now wants $500 in Apple gift cards for the season pass.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Morter posted:

Requesting this moment be posted in this thread's first post and the next 1-3 threads thank you

I'm all for it if it can save others!

Edit: holy poo poo, forgot I have that gang tag.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Buy the new Nintendo Switch Online Expansion pass to extend your car’s warranty before it expires!