Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most of those romcom aanime licensed games have only non-romantic endings so they don't step on the toes of 'canon' too much. a few have actual romantic endings but still.

i like the new game video game where its a light management sim where you have to make a licensed game of an anime. this is an extremely meta premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the rezero video game that had occasional SRPG battles that ripped off the turnwheel from the recent fire emblem games, thats actually a clever use of the series premise to introduce a mechanic thats a relatively recent addition to SRPGs

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

pentyne posted:

It took me way to long to realize it was a different Akamatsu then the manga about killing corrupt politicians in escalating Saw-like ways.

It's possible I am remembering the name incorrectly.

Akumetsu. With the clones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

exploring the akamatsu-verse

When's the crossover with Chobits

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ken Aku Matsu wants an extra thicc pizza.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

:swoon: Did you know there's actually a lot of ant species that have these? Where instead of having a single queen, when the queen dies multiple workers turn into queens and fight a civil war to determine which is the new queen! It's really cool, I think dinoponera (the ones with the really nasty stings) are like this, it's very common in more "primitive" or pre-historic ant species.

Those are pronounced "gam-ergate" :eng101:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

most of those romcom aanime licensed games have only non-romantic endings so they don't step on the toes of 'canon' too much. a few have actual romantic endings but still.

i like the new game video game where its a light management sim where you have to make a licensed game of an anime. this is an extremely meta premise.

Speaking of licensed games, last year's 'Banished from the Hero`s Party[...]' anime got an official game for some reason :confused:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1581800/Slow_living_with_Princess/

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lmfao

shovelware never ends baby

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Picrew-rear end orc

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
When will the Isekai boom end?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
im joining the war on isekai, on the side of isekai

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Covok posted:

Whenever the superhero boom does.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'll say this for UQ-Holder, the ending is a polycule with two girls, a guy, a genderfluid bird who usually presents male, and implied to sometimes involve a couple other guys.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Covok posted:

tomorrow

get your isekais in while you still can

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It feels like we're at the tipping point with Isekai anime haven't really gone over well with maybe Shoukei Shoujo being the exception....But OTOH I can see escapism still being a primary driver in entertainment right now cause Covid so it may still be around for awhile cause of that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How many layers deep of parodies of parodies of parodies can we get

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It feels like we're at the tipping point with Isekai anime haven't really gone over well with maybe Shoukei Shoujo being the exception....But OTOH I can see escapism still being a primary driver in entertainment right now cause Covid so it may still be around for awhile cause of that

Yeah, like it feels like a lot of isekai is just ecapist power fantasy with weird views on women. Also, very small animation budgets. But also, yeah, ecapism will probably remain priority as we enter pandemic year 3.

Srice posted:

Whenever the superhero boom does.

gently caress, since I literally saw Thor today, all I can say is that I just got loving pwned.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have had more than one friend pitch an idea for an anime/manga to me and every single time it has been an isekai

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Is that why we're getting more pharmacy Isekai lately?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm sorry, more what isekai

Covok
May 27, 2013

symbolic posted:

i have had more than one friend pitch an idea for an anime/manga to me and every single time it has been an isekai

I did suggest an anime where it looks like a normal lovely isekai but at the end of episode 1 it turns out this is all bullshit and he's being tricked and gets betrayed and left for dead and finds out this fantasy world actually sucks and he is called out for being a weird entitled sexist loser and gets poo poo on and has to fix himself to fix this poo poo.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Covok posted:

gently caress, since I literally saw Thor today, all I can say is that I just got loving pwned.

I mainly thought of superheroes because it's another one of those things where folks keep wondering if it's a bubble that's gonna pop soon and then it keeps its momentum going while the production quantity keeps ramping up and up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Srice posted:

I mainly thought of superheroes because it's another one of those things where folks keep wondering if it's a bubble that's gonna pop soon and then it keeps its momentum going while the production quantity keeps ramping up and up.

Yeah, but, and I'll get poo poo for this, marvel movies are linked together and all maintain an at-worse-decent quality so they all build on each other for group success. Also, they're short affrairs.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

not well? we have fourth seasons of isekai in this very season

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
k-on!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
the K in K-ON stands for kuukiyomi. It is an anime about engaging your ability to recognize and navigate complex social situations.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

symbolic posted:

People who get isekai-ed and start a pharmacy or otherwise create medicine and related things (healing potions etc).
We have one this season, then there's the one I just linked above, and the Saint's Magic one and the one with the wolf girl are relatively recent as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

i like how it starts with "uh, hey aoba you wanna be in charge of some dlc??"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Covok posted:

Yeah, but, and I'll get poo poo for this, marvel movies are linked together and all maintain an at-worse-decent quality so they all build on each other for group success. Also, they're short affrairs.

Yeah and as an MCU enjoyer and biased but I'll say that I think its like pizza. There's some really loving good pizza out there and there's some bland pizza but at the end of the day it's still pizza.

And the current phase with the different TV shows and different genres and demographic targets means there's something for anyone (especially children who are the main target for MCU movies, exceptions like Moon Knight aside); which is something Isekai as a genre has a harder time with its latest instalments having as much broad appeal; due to all of the various genre or subgenre and demographic limiting niche appeal of modern isekai, where you already have to be an anime fan and into isekai in general to readily be interested in anything thats put out. While I think increasingly among anime fans people are more reserving their time for more highly regarded isekai stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the isekai boom is already dying off some, i have a friend who actually works in the JP LN industry. its just that the anime side of things is a year or two behind. + isekai anime is still very popular in the west even if isekai LNs arent as big now in japan.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Covok posted:

I'm not wild about the MCU but I can definitely understand that angle wrt its consistency. Though at this point there's so much and now there's all those tv shows on top of those movies that I'd disagree on them being short affairs these days! Especially since the time it takes to watch a season of an isekai anime is fairly comparable to watching two marvel movies.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

symbolic posted:

isekais, but instead of the protagonist having superpowers themselves, they have the power to make potions that give superpowers

i don't know who the gently caress loves isekai so much that it's booming so hard, but they've gotta be getting tired of it by now, right? right???

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
light music pig

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I guess it doesn't matter if the $$$ keeps rolling in, but I feel like the reception to every post-avengers movie besides spiderman has been pretty mid

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People will watch the newest marvel flick no matter how bad it is because it's like an institution now. it's the number one choice for "what movie should I take my family too" cuz it's for 'everyone'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People will watch the newest marvel flick no matter how bad it is because it's like an institution now. it's the number one choice for "what movie should I take my family too" cuz it's for 'everyone'
and also theres a lot of theaters where marvel/disney stuff is basically the only option

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tamba posted:

People who get isekai-ed and start a pharmacy or otherwise create medicine and related things (healing potions etc).
We have one this season, then there's the one I just linked above, and the Saint's Magic one and the one with the wolf girl are relatively recent as well.

Vizuyos posted:

isekais, but instead of the protagonist having superpowers themselves, they have the power to make potions that give superpowers

as someone who works at a pharmacy, it's wholly inaccurate if there isn't at least one scene an episode of someone complaining that their insurance should cover their copay or asking if these mana potions really are BOGO

Endorph posted:

the isekai boom is already dying off some, i have a friend who actually works in the JP LN industry. its just that the anime side of things is a year or two behind. + isekai anime is still very popular in the west even if isekai LNs arent as big now in japan.

out of curiosity, do they have a read on the trend replacing it?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

they clearly wanted to make starwars into another endless theater tentpole with even more spinoffs and supposedly whole side trilogies, but thankfully they can still stumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I enjoyed the new Doctor Strange since somehow Raimi's style was able to get through the studio system. Snap zooms are back, babyyyyyy