Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I was wondering when we would see the first one of these. I assume we're also going to see a lot of St. Peters and/or crying Mt. Fujis in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What exactly has happened at Wimbledon that has the right wing all rushing to attack its participants?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

What exactly has happened at Wimbledon that has the right wing all rushing to attack its participants?

Djokovic won the tournament. He's also known for being anti-vaxx, which made him ineligible to participate in certain international tournaments.

So of course all the right-wingers will see him as a martyr or some poo poo.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is Sinfest even trying to build up to anything? Like I'm pretty sure these past few months has been nothing but Ishida going off about how much he hates trans people. Like weren't there actual characters with names here? What happened to them?

At this point, no. It has completely devolved into "Everything in the world is terrible, and the trans people are to blame. All women are too weak and stupid to make their own decisions and it is up to me to protect them from themselves."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wasn’t the iPod discontinued like 7 or 8 years ago at this point? Did the touch keep going for a while or something?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Wasn’t the iPod discontinued like 7 or 8 years ago at this point? Did the touch keep going for a while or something?

Yeah, the Touch was only discontinued a couple months ago I think.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Oh gently caress OFF Stantis!

We wouldn't be in this mess if climate deniers didn't have the foresight of a loving rock. People have been warning about this poo poo for decades, and now that it personally affects you, you want to be glib about it.

People have died because you wanted to deny reality for the sake of a lovely joke. I hope you get washed away in a flood.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I promised a bio post/explanation of Jeff Danziger awhile ago- it's going to be awhile longer, because I happened into a twofer CSPAN interview with Danziger and a really famous, historically important political cartoonist that we've pretty much never encountered in the thread- who happens to have died in early June after a long decline. I'll be posting a bio of Jeff Danziger (and a much more detailed one of Ranan Lurie) soon.

One little teaser: Danziger has been running a separate syndicated comic strip this entire time.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 11, 2022

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Matt Davies

John Deering

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jack Ohman

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

What?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Varvel is mad that all abortion hasn't been made illegal across all red states under threat of death penalty.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The poster's this:
https://www.youtube.com/c/GabbyAndFriends/

Just a youtube channel that's popular with kids as set dressing, I guess?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Fuckin crybabies, good riddance

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

So is Ramirez asking for government regulation of the internet? You'd figure he'd be against government regulation of anything.
But yeah, if I had kids, I'd make sure they weren't just browsing the internet unsupervised.

Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:qq:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

You mean like forcing women to have a baby that they don't want?

Drinky Duck, please overdose and kill yourself.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

JamesBont posted:

So is Ramirez asking for government regulation of the internet? You'd figure he'd be against government regulation of anything.
But yeah, if I had kids, I'd make sure they weren't just browsing the internet unsupervised.

Ramirez isn't calling for government regulation of the internet, this is a "Parents these days are too lazy to watch their kids and that's why they're all screwed up and being groomed by communists and LGBT people."

Though I can understand why you think he is calling for government regulation, because Ramirez is saying "If there was a pool without a lifeguard, a parent shouldn't let their children swim there" rather than "If there was a pool without a lifeguard, a parent should become the lifeguard." He absolutely screwed up the analogy. But rest assured Ramirez is blaming parents, not government inaction.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Even in places where there's little to no government regulation of pools they'll generally want to be insured, and no insurer will cover a public pool without a lifeguard with a recognized certification, so what is he proposing, some kind of professional body of content moderators?

Or probably more like public pools are gross because poor people, build your own internet in your back yard.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Is this meant to be "who can truly say if banning abortion is due to anti-abortion people, or because we were forced to because of pro-abortion people"? Like, "we wouldn't have had to ban abortion if people weren't getting abortions!"

JamesBont posted:

You'll notice it doesn't indicate what needs to be regulated, so it could be anything from "guns don't kill people, the internet kills people" to "the government should do something about all these godless commies/LGBTs online"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Gas Policy à la Carte

Ted Rall posted:

President Joe Biden and his advisors tell American motorists that they must pay higher gas prices “as long as it takes” to fight in Ukraine and promote the “liberal world order.” Perhaps gas should be sold by which policies its prices are based upon.

First Dog on the Moon: Who should be the next British PM? It's time to think outside the box...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Procrastine posted:

Is this meant to be "who can truly say if banning abortion is due to anti-abortion people, or because we were forced to because of pro-abortion people"? Like, "we wouldn't have had to ban abortion if people weren't getting abortions!"

Yes. They blame 'the left' for holding too extreme a position. That their abandonment of 'safe legal and rare' in favor of 'it's a woman's choice always' forced them to overturn Roe.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

JamesBont posted:

You mean like forcing women to have a baby that they don't want?

Drinky Duck, please overdose and kill yourself.
I can ‘t remember the last time Tinsley did a cartoon that wasn’t a repeat, and he was replaced for health reasons so wish granted?

bartok
May 10, 2006

gently caress you Stantis! You can't both sides abortion rights.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

bartok posted:

gently caress you Stantis! You can't both sides abortion rights.

They're gonna try, though. Oh lordy lordy will they try.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Oh, goddamnit, Danziger died? He was a great cartoonist. And yeah, Shoes.

Back in the 1970s/early 80s, he did a magnificent strip called Norb, with Daniel Pinkwater. It was cancelled before its time because readers wrote in complaining that it made them feel stupid. We still have the bound edition, as well as some of his local Vermont cartoon books.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, goddamnit, Danziger died? He was a great cartoonist. And yeah, Shoes.

Back in the 1970s/early 80s, he did a magnificent strip called Norb, with Daniel Pinkwater. It was cancelled before its time because readers wrote in complaining that it made them feel stupid. We still have the bound edition, as well as some of his local Vermont cartoon books.

Jeff Danziger isn't dead! I'm writing the effortpost because people keep being confused about how his caricatures are so terrible! where is this coming from?!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glenn danzig died?!?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Glenn Danzig gay?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
They're both still with us, so I can hold onto my crossover dream of Very Blobby Verotik Comics.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Dadzinger :dadjoke:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson’s unwillingness to leave No 10 – The PM shows no signs of going quietly despite saying he would step down as Conservative party leader"

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Zahawi dismisses ‘smears’ about tax affairs as ‘inaccurate’ and ‘unfair’; Tory leadership candidates trade blows as ‘anti Rishi memo’ emerges

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Discendo Vox posted:

Jeff Danziger isn't dead! I'm writing the effortpost because people keep being confused about how his caricatures are so terrible! where is this coming from?!
I misread your post, and that's totally on me.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDantagonist/status/1545073761866711041

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

DRAIN THE SWAMP AGAIN

President Trump has had many from his own party betray him and in fact I once drew a cartoon titled ‘The Backstabbers’ and it illustrated the major offenders. Those lined up to stab Trump in the back included Mike Pence, General Kelly, Lindsay Graham, Mitt Romney, John Bolton, Bill Barr, George Bush, and of course, Mitch McConnell.

Perhaps I should have drawn McConnell leading the long line of knife wielders.

During his presidency, Trump did his best to work with McConnell, but Mitch represented the neocon anti-Trumpers and he had no intention of helping Trump drain the Deep State Swamp.

McConnell hasn’t supported Trump after the January 6 Capitol protest. Like Pelosi, Mitch reveled in the prospect of impeaching Trump. He said “If this isn’t impeachable, I don’t know what is.” As part of the Republican anti-Trump establishment, McConnell does not want Trump to run again. Trump called McConnell an ‘old crow.’ An old turtle might be more accurate.

Mitch also supported the recent gun control bill, which irked Trump. Steve Bannon said McConnell has betrayed Trump and said, “Mitch McConnell, that dirt bag right there, gave the Biden regime $2.5 trillion to fund their madness.” McConnell sided with the Democrats, which helped usher in the inflation Americans are now facing. Mitch is part of the ‘uni-party,’ and Trump is more of a populist who wants to make America great again. McConnell wants to preserve the current power structure. The old turtle is really a snake and he wants to protect his Swamp.

If the Republicans regain a majority in the Senate, it will be time for them to oust McConnell as their leader. That may not happen, though, because there are too many neo-con Republicans who side with the uni-party globalists and the Deep Sate. Dr. Oz may be among them. Why Trump supported Oz is baffling, but Trump also appointed a great many Swamp dwellers to his own cabinet. This is a mistake he must not repeat if he’s reelected.

Drain the swamp again!

— Ben Garrison

Sometimes I wonder if Garrison gets any blowback from other trumpists for saying Trump made a mistake.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Drain the swamp again? Was it drained the first time? Or did Trump further add to the swamp and now you want him to drain it properly.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Whoopsie doodle Trump appointed another swamp monster to the cabinet, that must be the tenth time this happened what a silly billy!

Just wait until he realizes it, the swamp will be in trouble then!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh no! Another Iago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

COVID payments for those who need to isolate have been stopped right as the third wave hit. Mask wearing is a "recommendation" for most places so barely anyone wears one. Health minister defends pandemic payment end as access to COVID-19 anti-virals expands (SBS)[.

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

China's Foreign Minister blames Morrison government for poor relations, tells Penny Wong to 'treat us as a partner, not a threat' (ABC).

Le Lievre:

Spooner:

Knight: