Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ooh, I like that one. I’d love to take a look at the patches used. Reminds me of a track I’m working on, which is nice cause now I have a role model :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I was going to try and finish my mix during the US holiday weekend and drop it after, but if you've got something closer at hand, I'll happily switch months with you.

Do you lot celebrate the 4th this weekend or next? Tomorrow is Canada Day too so it looks like our holiday weekends might sync up this year. I'm working all weekend regardless.

Either way, your call. I had a few drinks and rolled OPS vol. 23 last night, one take, I'm pretty satisfied with it except for one big mistake right near the end. Thinking of rolling another take to correct that; in any case I'm definitely going to sit on it at least until Mr. Brown wants to broadcast it on The Prophecy. That said, if any of you lot are interested in hearing a sneak preview, get at me, it's on Drive and I can put up a private YouTube upload too.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Okay so Dirt Road posts after the holiday(s)? Then a Mister Speaker OPS mix after? I'm off the july hook? (That's good cause I suck at planning mixes, I usually just have a starting tune in mind and make it all up from there)

:hmmyes:

Really do miss the days of music lifestyle magazines...

I need to see if I still have a few I know I saved a bunch. I loved looking at the gear ads dreaming of what I would like to own one day lol

Mister Speaker posted:

Now I'm hunting for tracks that transition from ~174-130 since we've been talking about Breaks, if I can pull it off I'll close out the mix with slower stuff. That's not an easy find; if you've got any suggestions I'm all ears. Heavy and dark are the operative words. One of my favourite transition tracks of all time is in this range but it's a little too peppy, and also would demand a fast mix in and out because only the intro is D&B, then a short Electro House run and back up to 175BPM again. I know I've talked about this before but the reason it's one of my favourite transition tracks ever is because it uses metric modulation to get there and back.

Yeah that was the track that came to my mind before you even mentioned it, used it a ton at the time cause electro house was really poppin then. I'll look for a few others I know this one goes into techno at the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYSQgwtUt0

Edit for the above track: I played that live in front of people without knowing the switch-up, the flipside was the popular "pull me under" so I thought i'd go a little different lol whoops

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 30, 2022

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Might have thrown out all my Mixmags, Urb, BPM but I did find a few things. Nobody really writes about new music anymore; I guess cause you can just make two clicks and hear it yourself, they were def a product of the time. Might post some of the gear ads in the general DJ thread.

"tremendously rude sci-fi bass gurgles" is just poetry lmao

I had no idea Todd Terry did a DnB album, it must not have been very good

And from a HTFR mailer/flyer:

I had/have a few of these, that Rebound was a killer secret weapon, A-Sides, Calibre, Soul:ution series was nice liquid, the Klute and Black Sun Empire for late night snacks

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I’ve still got a fair few Knowledge issues from having had a couriered subscription for a year or so before they went digital. (You know you’re a drum n bass degen when you give up weed for two months to afford a magazine subscription from overseas.) The real treasure trove was an eBay seller who sold me a nearly complete collection of covermount CDs. I can get a list if anyone wants any of them ripped. I keep them all in their own CD wallet with my other dnb mixes and CD-Rs because trying to slot them into my regular collection would be utter chaos…

The editor in chief of Rinse is an old friend of mine, so I’ve got a couple issues of that as well. They didn’t come with CDs, but the interviews were really good and covered a lot of US based dnb. Could probably scan stuff if I can find the boxes they’re in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/deejaygeejaygee/status/1545012717198639105

:lol:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I’ve still got a fair few Knowledge issues from having had a couriered subscription for a year or so before they went digital. (You know you’re a drum n bass degen when you give up weed for two months to afford a magazine subscription from overseas.) The real treasure trove was an eBay seller who sold me a nearly complete collection of covermount CDs. I can get a list if anyone wants any of them ripped. I keep them all in their own CD wallet with my other dnb mixes and CD-Rs because trying to slot them into my regular collection would be utter chaos…

The editor in chief of Rinse is an old friend of mine, so I’ve got a couple issues of that as well. They didn’t come with CDs, but the interviews were really good and covered a lot of US based dnb. Could probably scan stuff if I can find the boxes they’re in.

I'd be interested to see a couple scans and/or rips of your fav stuff if you want to share. I never really knew about Knowledge magazine; Rinse was big for me tho, you could always look to them to see the trends where dance music was headed; true to those pirate roots, although idk if that's still the case.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I love when the bass kicks in on this song. Great tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOfF7-FgJM

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I used to buy knowledge as well. I remember them for the cover cd mixes (that seems so archaic now). I think there was a stakka and skynet mix. Yeah I googled it:

https://kmag.co.uk/kmag-issue-37-stakka-skynet-cover-cd/

https://www.mixcloud.com/knowledgemag/knowledge-mag-issue-37-cover-cd-stakka-skynet/

Issue 37: Stakka & Skynet
Colin Steven·April 12, 2001
Cover CDs

When they were younger it was a steady diet of twisted sci-fi movies and Patrick Moore television (host of the BBC’s ‘The Sky at Night’ programme) that the hard-hitting duo of Stakka and Skynet credit with influencing their current sound. “2001, Flash Gordon, The Black Hole, Star Wars, Aliens, anything which was set in space or in the future was what I loved to watch,” says Skynet.

“I remember Flash Gordon freaked me out a little bit when I first saw it,’ Stakka recalls. ‘It was a glimpse into a very strange and weird future world.’ Prophetic words that would soon define their otherworldly take on drum & bass which Stakka would later define as, ‘making the music to a movie without having the visuals.”

But these things come later. When they weren’t off at the cinema, the astral-travelling Shaun Morris (Stakka) and Nathan Vinall (Skynet) were bobbing their heads to hip hop, acid house and hardcore techno like the rest of us.

“I was into the rave scene from the acid house days,” Skynet says with a smile. “I was completely hooked on the Joey Beltram-techno side of things until DJ Crystl came along and changed my life forever.”

And it’s no wonder. 1993-era DJ Crystl of Lucky Spin and Dee Jay fame, took the dark and menacing sound gaining popular at the time and laced it with a touch of the subtle and delicate. Acidic creepers like ‘Warpdrive’ and ‘Dark Crystl’ planted the seeds for the Audio Blueprint paranoia that would blossom later in the decade.

Of course, if you’re old enough to remember Crystl than you’re likely to remember Stakka from his Liftin’ Spirit days. Alongside his then partner K. Tee, 1994 saw Stakka bent on delivering crowd-pleasing ‘floor-fillers like ‘Ruffneck Ragga’ on the Just Dance imprint or ‘Brockin’ Out’ on Liftin’ Spirit while you were out blasting your air horn and bawling for a rewind. It went on like that until 1997 rolled along and Stakka teamed up with Skynet to create the dark chest-pounding beast they called ‘Black Dawn’.

“I knew we’d stumbled onto a different sound and it really got me moving,” Stakka remembers. “But I also knew it didn’t really fit into the whole Liftin’ Spirit vibe I was connected to. We needed a new outlet for the deeper, twisted drum & bass we were about to create.” The Audio Blueprint imprint was born.

The label obviously struck a chord with the public and with the scene. Almost immediately heads like Dom & Roland, Hidden Agenda, Lo Life and Psion stepped up and offered their own unique visions to the cause with mind-blowing results.

The label’s first full-length compilation ‘Voyager’ released in 1998 remains a classic testament to the level of the label’s breadth and scope. By taking the essential essence of ‘dark’ drum & bass and twisting it into something much more frightening and surreal, the ethereal Audio Blueprint has since become the label to turn to for those who like it a touch off the deep end.

Even with the success of the Audio Blueprint label, the pair refused to neglect the dancefloor: “Audio Blueprint was the place where we felt free doing some deep experimental techno-edged tracks,” says Skynet. “But we still both really enjoyed the smash up dancefloor end of things as well.”

Where Audio Blueprint serviced the mental aspect of the sound, the duo created the Underfire imprint to showcase the physical. Releasing a number of singles before dropping the ‘Blazin” LP in 1999, the Underfire philosophy was (and still is) all about building hard and fast beats drenched in infectiously, wobbly basslines. In Underfire mode, Stakka and Skynet are able to decimate dancefloors effortlessly with no signs of easing up anytime soon.

Fresh off the success of ‘Pathogen’ on Audio Blueprint, the eagerly awaited ‘Clockwork’ LP will finally see the light of day. Travelling to the darkest corners of the universe and transmitting their discoveries back to the world via vinyl, the ‘Clockwork’ LP is expected to take the scene by storm and set the tone for the rest of the year’s sound.

Stakka stresses the fact that the LP is unique in that it’s not a label compilation but a ‘proper’ album that will feature the duo collaborating with top-notch talent. “Collaborating has worked so well for us in the past that we both agreed that instead of just rounding up a bunch of tracks and putting a compilation together, we would do a proper Stakka & Skynet album and collaborate with the artists that have inspired us over the years.”

The results are astounding. Coming on like the nightmare visions of a prisoner trapped in some future tech-war, Stakka, Skynet, and a select chosen few deliver another soon-to-be-classic soundtrack for the cinema of the mind.

If you turn down the lights and drop the CD into the CD-changer, a wild and epic journey awaits you. Images are sure to spring to life beneath your eyelids and some haunting story is sure to unfold. Borne from the collective action-thriller and horror flick subconscious we all seem to share, the ‘Clockwork’ crew brave the elements on a forbidden planet and take the listener along for the ride.

Starship troopers like Keaton (Usual Suspects), Shimon (Ram Trilogy), DJ Red (Stealth/TOV) and Underfire’s own DJ Friction and DJ Skinny assist in unleashing the beats and basslines from the fathomless caverns of these strange environs. With Stakka and Skynet securely at the helm, the ‘Clockwork’ LP promises to chart the depths for those of us who wish to follow.

With the creation of a new label (Zero Gravity) and the rumour of a concept LP in the works for Audio Blueprint, Brighton’s finest continue to keep an eye on the future. “Basically our vision for the future is the same as it always was,” says Stakka. “We’re going to keep on releasing high quality tracks while pushing things forward and smashing up the dancefloor.”

With that in mind, be on the lookout for a “very limited edition” double-pack sampler from the forthcoming LP (although only one of the four tracks will actually show up on the album).

The sampler includes two remixes of Kraken’s infamous ‘Side Effects’ lick – the remixes from none other than Kemal + Rob Data and Teebee – as well as a bit from Stakka & Skynet in solo-mode and one in collaboration with DJ Red. Consider yourself warned.

Stakka & Skynet take us through their Kmag cover CD mix…

Skynet & Stakka – Night Lore (Underfire)
This is the A-side of ‘Global Report’, it’s been out for a few months. It’s one of our favourites to have been released on the label – a nice little phat roller.

Skynet & Stakka – Decoy (Underfire)
‘Decoy’ is a track that has been going down really well on the dancefloors. It’s a bit like a tranced out version of ‘Side Effects’ and will be available on the ‘Clockwork’ LP sampler released 26 March; it’s also the only track from the sampler that will be on the LP.

Kemal & Rob Data – Star Trails (Audio Blueprint)
These guys have been making some bad tunes for long time, they were formerly known as Konflict. Kemal & Rob Data have really excelled themselves here: perfect production, clean, hard beats and a haunting vocal sung by one of Kemal’s family.

Skynet & Stakka – Pathogen (Audio Blueprint)
This is a deeper roller and to us it’s very typical of what we do on the label, a deep locked groove and ambience but still with dancefloor appeal. This is the current offering from the label, it’s only just come out.

Skynet & Stakka – Clockwork (Underfire)
This is the title track from the LP which will be released sometime close to 17 April. Definitely a bouncy one, it’s got the Underfire high energy feel to it and a nice middle breakdown bass manipulation type thing going on.

Kraken – Side Effects (Teebee remix) (Underfire)
The original of ‘Side Effects’ was one of our biggest tunes, hence having two guest remixers, Teebee and Kemal & Rob Data. Teebee definitely ripped this one up, we were really impressed how he recreated the vibe of the original but with that Teebee sound to it. This smashes clubs every time.

Kraken – Dominion (Zero Gravity)
‘Dominion’ is the first release on Zero Gravity, our new sister label. Kraken is a Stakka & Skynet pseudonym and this is one of our more angry tracks. It was originally written for ‘Clockwork’ but then we decided it would be a Stakka & Skynet artist release. Kraken no longer fitted in with the plans on ‘Clockwork’ and so Zero Gravity was born. Zero Gravity was launched in late January with Arkane’s ‘Neuro’ on the flip.

Kemal & Paul Reset – Kontempt (Underfire)
This is the latest offering from Underfire and came out in January. It’s a double artist piece with Kemal working this time with Paul Reset, ‘Kontempt’ on one side and Stakka & K.Tee’s ‘Rubber Bullet’ on the other. ‘Kontempt’ is one of those real militant rollers, when we first heard it we really liked what they have done with the acid-line. When it dropped it had the dancefloor impact that we wanted on the label.

Underfire vs Negative – Bios-Fear (Underfire)
This is another piece off our new LP. ‘Bios-Fear’ is a collaboration between Stakka & Skynet and Kemal & Rob Data and has been going off, probably one of the biggest tunes on the album and one that was a lot of fun to make. Kemal and Rob came down from Glasgow to Brighton for a few days and we all went in the studio and out of it came ‘Bios-Fear’. Named because at the time because our PC had a complete meltdown and Kemal and Rob spent hours trying to revive it.

Skynet & Stakka – Logistics (Audio Blueprint)
‘Logistics’ was a track we made to kick start Audio Blueprint after we had neglected it spending so much time on the ‘Blazin” LP. It was released late 2000 and will be coming around again soon, alongside some of our label’s other highlights on a new Audio Blueprint compilation.

Stakka & K.Tee – Auto Ignition (Audio Blueprint)
Released in late 2000, this came out as a heavyweight for a deep tune. The thing that we really liked about this was the James Bond type music intro.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 11, 2022

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Listened today, that was a nice mix. Miss effort write ups like that, even liner notes in cd mixes were nice to read, I would memorize the labels, writers, and thank yous in the credits so if I found something in the wild while digging I'd have an idea what it was. I'm surprised at myself for never buying one of those tiny travel turntables to test tunes when shopping lol. But again different time before the internet.

Been actually recoding things lately, here's a lil 30 min teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewHVyMsRyIo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/NASAWebb/status/1546621080298835970

Saw this and couldn't help but think of Pendulum's Prelude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_hyRjCP5I

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Here's the main mix, teaser above was mostly tagged tracks that didn't make it into this mix that I wanted to keep at an hour. Trying to kinda challenge myself to play shorter sets. Liquid vibes, all live I don't preplan anything, if you need a ID :justpost: w/ timestamp. Don't mean to step on any toes if you were gonna drop a mix, just do it and steal the thunder. Like I said I'm recording a lot more now so I might post sets semi regularly [watch me regret saying that lol]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmOIP00qLc

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mister Speaker posted:

Digging the Breaksposting. It's absolutely D&B-adjacent music and I'd hazard a guess it's also foundational to many of us in this thread.

late to chat but I went directly from grindcore and black metal to drum and bass because it was the only thing that matched the aggression. killabites v1 mixed by dom and roland had a big impact on my life

edit: and yeah the stakka and skynet knowledge mix is maybe the best mix ever because neurofunk is the sickest

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just checking in to ask if it's cool if my mix submission is off by a week or two... It's been sitting unlisted on my YT account for a bit now but I'd like to wait until it drops on The Prophecy (which is Friday nights now, so at least that timeframe is fitting) to go public with it. If someone else has a mix ready to go and would rather take over this Friday, that's also cool.

EDIT: Looks like it's not hitting the Prophecy until September 1st, so if anyone wants to go ahead tomorrow, please do.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2022

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Don't tease us like that Mr Speaker!

but for srs looking forward to it.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Dubstep thread gone but I needed to post this somewhere. Still one of my favorite bass music tracks of all time, never released/never played besides a few mixes. Reconstrvct the most legendary NYC event.
bass & drum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7N4Y7sM2Y

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

^ was it 28 Gun Bad Boy's effort posts in that thread, did anyone save those? they were good write ups on the early genres. And nice tune Kahn is always great

Here's my friday thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmaBtbI8D8

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the thread hasn't slipped to the archives yet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3420553

"the early genres" though lol

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Yes! Someone save these

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Timescale: Late 1992-Late 1993
Key Labels: Reinforced Records, Moving Shadow, Suburban Base, Basement Records, Formation Records, Dee Jay Recordings, Lucky Spin Records, RAM Records

Last time in the guide we looked at the Hardcore Rave sound, both the overground and underground styles of that particular scene. Now though we continue further down that evolutionary river, now we enter the Jungle.

A brief word here though, this type of sound has had several names over the years. Some were contemporary while others have been added later. Jungle Tekno, Hardcore Jungle, Jungle, Darkside Jungle, Darkcore. Many many names, all meaning the same thing really. But for this part when I say Darkside Jungle I just mean the type of Jungle that was made from roughly late 1992, to the end of 1993. If I use the term 'Jungle' on it's own in this part, this is what I mean. Again like in the rest of my guide don't get too hung up on the dates, they're more rough guidelines than rules and not meant to be some kind of 100% canon thing.

So Darkside Jungle. As the Rave scene got bigger and bigger, the original core of the dance scene was either driven away, or abandoned it entirely. This could be said to generally consist of the more working class and streetwise type of folk, which also included a significant number from Britain's black community. Forced out of the mainstream these people developed their own sound, initially as a response to the mainstream (as can be seen in Part 2 of this guide). Darkside Jungle is just a further mutation of that Underground sound. More rougher, more dark sounding, Jungle was hated both in the clubs and the all-important music press when it first appeared. However the true heads kept it going, kept progressing the sound until eventually come the mid-point of the 90s the sound had so much force behind it it would explode globally and the pioneers reaped the commercial and critical success they had worked so hard to gain.

But that was in the future. In late 92/early 93 the Jungle sound still had a lot of the Hardcore embedded in it's core sound, with things like fast energetic vocals and piano lines not uncommon. But juxtaposed with the sweet highs, the Darkside tracks could often harbour a type of musical bi-polar disorder, showing great big sudden swaps in mood as the upbeat piano would quickly switch to say a synthline that wouldn't be foreign to some kind of apocalypic wasteland, with booming low level sub-basslines and some sort of Ragga chanting over the top of it. All this just further reinforced that this was the music of the street. This was the future. This wasn't sugary, jumping in a muddy field off your tits in some raggedy anne clothes. This was do or die morning after, knife wielding, strung out hardcore street dance music, so full of character and attitude. That's why I love this sound. Jungle would never progress as fast as it did during 93, and never again would it harbour such ferocity and ingenuity in it's pursuit of the groove.

But why take my word for it? It's time to get off the boat and explore that Jungle for yourself. Be careful though, you may not come back quite the same as when you left.

Tube-Tape Playlist Link

Kaotic Chemistry
"Illegal Subs"
(Moving Shadow, 1992)

Kaotic Chemistry was just another name for Moving Shadow act 2 Bad Mice (remember them?). Here though, in this tune, they show a more extreme example of the rough, Ragga influenced music they were making as 2 Bad Mice. Pounding, tribal-esque breakbeats just sound like an futuristic army marching band as they form the central core battering ram of the track, constantly hammering away only for them to be rewound back, giving brief respite before they march forward again. Even the siren that blazes away shows a marked difference to the sirens of the mainstream sound. There they sound like just like some Italian football match, supporters chanting away together in support of their team. Here though, it just sounds like the sound of war. You half expect to see Hannibal crossing the Alps everytime that siren booms out.

Nasty Habits
"Here Come The Drumz"
(Reinforced Records, 1992)

Well as if the title of the tune didn't explain it all. I can only describe this as what happens when carpet bombing meets some kind of War Of The Worlds phaser-equipped alien invasion. With barely a intro, barely a brief warning that shouts "here comes the drums" comes in the earthquaking, rolling breakbeat that is like a infinite in size flight of Lancaster bombers while over it is just a constant high-pitched, laser like sound, like after the bombers come the UFOs that just burn and obliterate anything still alive, leaving the place barren. Dark, demonic synthetic choirs Oohs and Aahs as you're pitched headfirst down the rabbit hole, the only place left to go to escape the bombardment above. Truly welcome to the darkside. This sound will evolve underground, in the darkness. Like a Morlock, just biding it's time for the suckers in the light to come and open that cave door.

Mega City 2
"Dark Child"
(Extra Terrestrial Recordings, 1992)

Definitely a more upbeat member of the Darkside circle here. Well I use the term upbeat loosely here. A more energetic, galloping break shines a bit more of a lighter vibe on the tune. Of course the rest is pretty much sheer darkness. A massive Reggae-ish bassline plods away in the background, spraying out it's low frequencies while an evil sound flute glides on top like some kind of bizarre Japanese samurai ritual. Things should take a turn for the lighter when the high, circus-like synth comes in but instead of happy fun times it just sounds like some demonic nightmare clown that's come into your dreams to kill you. Now I love all the Mega City 2 stuff, but it's to my eternal shame I don't actually own any of their actual 12"s. I have their stuff on compilations, I have stuff on mixtapes, but no actual singles or EPs. Shameful, but even I put my foot down at the £50-100 some of these tracks are trading for.

DJ Mayhem
"Cold Acid"
(Basement Records, 1992)

A really slick tune that, to me, really doesn't seem like a track made in 92. Very thin and frosty sounding with a squelchy, acidic stab that gives the impression that when this was played the dance floor was empty. Completely empty bar one hardcore follower who even in the dead of winter kept the faith and came out, when all others backed off because of just the sheer evilness that this track harbours.

Cybernetic Empire
"Ozone Storm"
(Paradise Records, 1993)

A Dave Charlesworth original. Truly a real Hardcore and Jungle pioneer that doesn't get anywhere near the recognition he deserves if you ask me. As much as people give a lot of credit to the likes of Moving Shadow and Sub-Base, Charlesworth and his After Dark Recordings label (of which Paradise was one of several sub-labels) really helped move the sound from the happy, mid-range of Rave to the darker, Jamaican influenced Jungle sound. Here is probably one of my most favourite tracks he put out. A fantastic number that shows how this early Jungle sound still could seem quite familiar to the more mainstream listener. In between warping, buzzing synths and rolling drums, and the dark, slowed down 'bridges' (for lack of a better word), lies a kind of lead line that if lightened up just a fraction probably could fit into a Happy Hardcore tune. Keeping just enough upbeatness and euphoria in order to not completely fall into the darkness.

Two Dark Troopers
"Darkcore"
(Basement Records, 1993)

Really when you name a track 'Darkcore' there's not much to say. An aboslute mental track that has just a rampaging tornado of a pad that just sits in the middle of the track sucking everything up into it. Ultra high scratchin' action with a screaming female vocals attempts to cut through the maelstrom of drums and pads every now and then but barely succeeds as the tune slows down to sub-sonic speeds in a nod to it's Hip-Hop progenitors, but that state of reverie doesn't last long as the hoover is quickly switched back on to continue the wipe out.

Foul Play Productions
"Finest Illusion"
(Section 5, 1993)

Welcome to my ringtone for the past 6 years! An utterly, utterly fantastic tune. Probably ranks as one of my favourites of all time. Just a perfect mix of Hardcore Rave and Jungle. Surpremely energetic yet it's a dark energy. High pitched vocals (that would eventually have to be stripped off it due to legal concerns) chipmunk over a massive bassline and one of the most loving jump up building synth lines I've ever heard in my life. It's just... oh man what can I say, just listen to it for God's sake!

Tango
"Future Followers"
(Formation Records, 1993)

Tango (and occasional production partner Ratty) is probably one of the Darkside producers. Not to say he didn't continue on doing the Jungle/D&B thing, but definitely the string of singles and EPs he had out in 92/93 on Formation is definitely what he's best known for and what he best did. Here is all his style and skill in one ultra refined package. A rough, yet simply cut breakbeat provides a solid foundation for haunting, Gothic cathedral-esque choirs and forward looking, metallic synth sequence that groans out Hardcore ecstasy in order to keep the track flowing, without turning it into a real dour and inward looking thing like many would so easily come to do.

DJ Hype
"Weird Energy (Hell's Bells Remix)"
(Suburban Base, 1993)

Definitely my favourite mix of this track by DJ Hype, who if you were paying attention you'll remember from Part 1 of this guide, where he was the button pusher for those tracks by The Scientist. After splitting from that Hype hooked up with Sub-Base records and began pushing his own dark, Hip-Hop influenced jump-up sound. Definitely not an introspective back stroking track, this mix of Weird Energy may start off with some spacey bells but it quickly powers forward as a real hardcore dancefloor track. It even features a kind of middle break with scratching and cutting like you found in old Hip-Hop tunes(Hype originally was a Hip-Hop DJ remember) which just gives the tune a real Hype-r energy about it.

International Rude Boyz
"Paragone (Remix)"
(Formation Records, 1993)

Formation bringing the darkness again! This time in superior remixed form! International Rude Boyz were Formation owner DJ SS and future Neutrofunk Drum & Bass master Matrix. It's that intro that gets me everytime. That Ooh/Aah synth sound leads into an ultra thin, yet ultra sharp scratchy sound. Perfection. Not that the original is bad or even all that different, just this remix just adds that little bitta something special to the mix. Again though like all good early Jungle tunes it still keeps a little bit of Hardcore in it's pocket, with a quite frankly futuristic, uplifting pad to keep things looking up.

Boogie Times Tribe
"The Dark Stranger"
(Suburban Base, 1993)

I definitely think sometimes I can be a bit harsh on Sub-Base. The fact they occasionally stepped too far on complete cheese side of the Hardcore spectrum is probably what does it. But the majority of their catalogue is actually really solid, as this track proves. Now I think the remixes are probably more well known than this original mix, but this is the one I really like. I think it's just so dense, it throws at you the drum line, the bass, a pad or two, vocals not to mention the sheer eerie laughing. All of it just attacks you at once, trying to pull you under. Just when you think you're a goner it pulls back up for the middle, letting your head above the water just for a moment before you feel that tuck on your leg again and your head slips beneath the black waves.

DJ Crystal
"The Dark Crystal"
(Force Ten Records, 1993)

DJ Crystal really is a wonder. Probably no more than a dozen singles passed from his hands during the early/mid-90s (and most if not all of them engineered by Pete Parsons) and all of them are just fantastic. Breakbeats driven at hyperdrive speeds are snapped at the heels by a massive, deep, all engulfing bassline that is like if your speakers have thrown a brick at your head. A fantastic twinkling synth line really does give it that Star Trek feel. To boldly go where no man has gone before. Both dark and dangerous but there's that hope, that feeling that no matter what we are moving forward into something else entirely.

Bay B Kane
"Dark Zone"
(White House Records, 1993)

You have no idea how close this entry was going to be Bay B Kane's classic anthem 'Hello Darkness', but you know, I like to try to shake things up a bit. This is off what's probably one of my favourite Bay B Kane releases, his Guardians Of Ruff EP. Classic Bay B Kane it's not a massive jump-up track but is a true low-level burner. Just a massive tar-like pool of Darkside goodness. Low rolling basses sweep infinitely underneath slowly building pads while the lead synth line plunks out of the darkness occasionally like the fin of a shark, warning you of the danger that surrounds you.

Q-Project
"Champion Sound"
(Legend Records, 1993)

Roll up, roll up! You've heard the remixes now hear the original for the first time in your life! The first Legend release has long since been overshadowed by it's many, many remixes. But I really like this original mix. Engineered by The Invisible Man (like most Legend titles) it achieves a great balance of ruff and the smooth. Ragga enough to get the street posses up and dancing, it has this really nice, simple but oh so smooth that just powers you on through the night. Plus it has that awesome farting synth line.

Johnny Jungle
"Johnny"
(Face Records, 1993)

Again this is another track I think is overshadowed by the remixes of it that came out on Dee Jay and Sub-Base. I think this Face release is the only place you can find the original. And how great it is. That opening sample is a class act, "help me Johnny!" Really sets the tone for the whole track. Between that and the twisted, warping synth it really sends this track into the dark zone, creating a really creepy and paranoid atmosphere that few tracks are able to ever create.

4 Hero
"Journey From The Light"
(Reinforced Records, 1993)

Do I go on about 4Hero and Reinforced Records a lot? Yes I do, and why loving not. Just listen to this track man! A bleep that sounds like it's from one of those heart monitors keeps the real pace in this track, almost like the kick in a house track. It stays the same but around it the entire track just shuffles around, swapping in completely different pieces of completely different puzzles that still somehow miraculously fit. From light, plucking strings with a soaring female vocal, to massive sub-bass with a burping synth on top, to pitchshifting drums. It's got everything in it including the kitchen sink and yet is still able to make it into just a phenomenal track that uses all these disjointed elements better than anyone had done before, or has done since.

Apollo Two
"Atlantis (I Need You)"
(Good Looking Records, 1993)

Ah LTJ Bukem doing what he does best - lifting wholesole from other records. See you young 'uns who try to do the whole remix/sampling thing and pass it off as your own on Youtube, no one cares if you can actually make a loving classic song. What you're doing right now in your cracked version of Fruity Loops, isn't a classic song so put it down and listen to this. Pointing the way to the so called 'Intelligent' or 'Ambient' Jungle future, this track is just immense. A ball of complete hyper energy as soon as you hear that first sample come in. Guaranteed to get everyone up on the dancefloor this track really takes you on a journey. I've always thought it's real secret is those mid-range congas and female vocal samples that help fill up that middle frequency, giving your ear and subsequently your body something to really bite it's teeth into. Now I know this was a bit of an obvious track, but it ran neck and neck with my other favourite early Bukem tune which is Enchanted, the flip of Music. It and this tracks vague nautical theme really do it for me somehow. Maybe being in a traditional ship building city? Mind you I can barely swim or put my head under the water without completely spazzing the gently caress out so who knows?

Cool Hand Flex
"Mars"
(In Touch Records, 1993)

Probably the second greatest tune Flex ever wrote (those of you who read my deleted tracks posting will know what my favourite is). Cool Hand Flex is one of the many classic Jungle producers that has been kind of forgotten about a wee bit and it makes me sad. Pretty much nothing but an amazing, ultra intense drum workout with the added bonus of some real oppressive buzzing synths that cut in now and then just to work you over some more in case the drums missed a spot. An uplifting middle section picks you up, dusts you down just in time for some sub-bass action to lay into you. Fantastic.

Cloud 9
"You Got Me Burnin' Up (Original Mix)"
(Moving Shadow, 1993)

Let's be honest most people nowadays probably now this because of Skream's appropriation/tribute of it, but it was a massive Jungle anthem in 1993. Moving Shadow seemed to be on a role in 93 with seemingly every release a massive hit. From the moment you hear that Twilight Zone/alarm synth intro you know you're in for something good. Again it keeps that bit of Hardcore energy, having a lot of uplifting moments in between pockets of heaviness. The "House is a feeling" to me really sums up Jungle. It respected where it came from and attempted to keep hold of that positive energy and drive it had from the turn of the decade, while also making sure it developed and progressed it's sound. Sadly as history shows that idea would quickly fade away as more and more people jumped onto the bandwagon, and those heads in the know left for greener pastures, while the others who kept the course with Jungle would come out the other end very, very different and with an entire new name and sound - Drum & Bass.

Origin Unknown
"Valley Of The Shadows"
(RAM Records, 1993)

Wow another massive anthem. I must be slipping. But really who can blame me? That glacial synth just hooks you so bad, and to borrow from the tune itself, really escalates you down that long dark tunnel. From then on it's just drum and bass. The good kind!

The Invisible Man
"The Beginning"
(Timeless Recordings, 1993)

Ah now we're cooking. Like I said before The Invisible Man engineered a lot (all?) of the Legend Records releases and like so many great engineers before or since was kind enough to grace us with some fantastic tunes of his own. Most releases appeared on the Timeless label(that exists to this day though is a shadow of it's former self - if I do say so myself). For this time we bring back the pure darkness. Evil sounding synths and screaming open the track putting you in the right frame of mind before the opening battle cry of "strictly drum and bass" is yelled, well sampled. And strictly drum and bass it is. The drums pound away before subtly shifting pitch and a dark pad sweeps in sucking you up and really making you want to take the place of the sample and scream. While I wouldn't say Trance with a capital T, it definitely has a very trance feeling, really enveloping you in the tune and pushing you forward with it, dropping in and taking out extra elements every now and then that just perfectly fit the feel of the track and don't allow it to ever wander of it's pumping, breakneck beat.

FBD Project
"The Core"
(Bang-In-Tunes, 1993)

FBD Project (also known as Neil Trix) is another artist I feel is kind of forgotten about nowadays. This particular track is an early example of his sound. Spacey bleeps and pads buzz around the track like a rocket, sweeping in from the left, the right, above, below, everywhere. Like seeing a wormhole in some sci-fi movie. Nothing but a swirling, dark vortex with the occasional dot of light that streaks by you like a shooting star in the night sky.

Orca
"Underwater Science"
(Lucky Spin, 1993)

Again continuing with the nautical theme. A lot of Jungle either seems to delve into the deep dark sea, or shoot upwards into the great wide beyond. Orca obviously if you can't tell by the artist name or track title does the former. Really a truly great Jungle producer that outside his big hit - 4am - I feel people don't really know much about. At least I don't see many people pulling out his many EPs released on the likes of Lucky Spin. This particular track is a classic example. It's just such an oppressive, dark track that tries to drag you down, deep down into the blue black depths. It even has one sound that wails out like a Siren, trying to lure you onto the rocks. But where others would fail with such a heavy track, Orca succeeds known a Siren's voice only works if it's seductive and sweet, so this track keeps things where it should be and that is danceable.

Metalheads
"Saint Angel"
(Synthetic Hardcore Phonography, 1993)

Really the most impressive thing about Metalheads/Rufige Kru/Goldie is just how far and how fast he learnt and evolved. Coming from his first track, the rough yet obviously promising Krisp Biscuit, so this in just about 18 months or less. I guess that's what happens when you get people like the Reinforced crew and Moving Shadow's Rob Playford to engineer for you. Truly skilled and talented engineers. Like they say it's the company you keep. Here we have Goldie taking the formula 4 Hero created but directing it towards a darker, more heavier place than where 4 Hero would eventually take it. Electrical sounding synths crackle out in the tune, the current discharging on top of the shifting breakbeat. But the vocal stabs give it a real air of humanity about it, something the many copyists who would come in after the likes of this and others like it came out, wouldn't understand this need for humanity, this need for life and energy and euphoria and crucially leave it out of their own productions.

And there we have it, Darkside Jungle! The first dark and confident steps of a genre and sound that while technically continuing to this day in the form of Drum & Bass, I feel this sound and the attitude it had largely worked it's way down the Hardcore Continuum
instead, landing and energising the likes of Garage, Grime and Dubstep.

Next time on the UK Bass History Guide we explore deeper into the Jungle.

Additional & Recommended Listening:

Luckily despite the Darkside sound being a more niche market, it was still very popular and there are a lot of contemporary compilations that were released to document it. First up React records put out two volumes called The Dark Side. The first called The Dark Side : Hardcore Drum & Bass Style while the second called The Dark Side II: Jungle & Technology. Both while not exactly rare, can get a bit pricey for the CD editions.

Next we have the usual fallbacks of Jumpin & Pumpin's Jungle Tekno series. In this case I suggest the first 2 volumes. While Kickin Records Hard Leaders series you want the 3rd volume.

Also I'm going to recommend something blind here. Moonshine music in the States put out several compilations called Speed Limit 140bpm+. Now these aren't common around here so I've not heard them, but looking at the track lists there are some good picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th volumes.

In terms of label comps, well Moving Shadow and Sub-Base collaborated to put out a compilation called The Joint which I highly recommend, it features the best of both labels(there is a second volume but that's for next time). I'd also recommend another joint release of theres - a 2CD set called A History Of Hardcore, simply fantastic pair of discs that go a little further in timescale than what we're dealing with right now, but highly recommended nonetheless. Formation had out a label comp in 93 called A New Breed Of Ravers. Again highly recommended. And finally the real find, Reinforced's Definition Of Hardcore album. All Reinforced, all classics. Simple.

In terms of record prices, well here's where things can get pricey. Some tracks can be had cheap for just a few pound. Others meanwhile can hover around the £10-15-20 pound marks. Stuff like most(but not all) of the Mega City 2 catalogue and Finest Illusion, well let's just say if you manage to pick up for less than £50 I'd be impressed.

hifi posted:

"the early genres" though lol

If you know of UK bass type stuff from before the above please share

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Virgil Vox posted:

Yes! Someone save these

If you know of UK bass type stuff from before the above please share

Ah it's always fun seeing the ol' thread. Anyway it's all safe and secure in the archives for those who have access. And my hard drive. Well whatever one it was from a decade plus ago. People have been persuading me to put them up elsewhere though too, so we'll see.

Big up the original Dubstep/UK Bass threadheads! You know who you are.

I recently (well, within the past year or so) updated my playlists for each of those for use elsewhere, pulling out the dead links and putting in live ones. But as usual though half the tunes have ended up deleted in the months since I done that so I'll update them at somepoint, but in the meantime for the tiny amount of people actually interested:

Part 1: Bleep 'n' Bass
Part 2: Hardcore 1
Part 3: Hardcore 2
Part 4: Jungle 1
Part 5: Jungle 2
Part 6: UK Garage 1
Part 7: Broken Beat
Part 8: UK Garage 2
Part 9: Dubstep

There was at one point going to be a Grime thing too, but for various reasons never happened.

Big up the original Dubstep/UK Bass threadheads! You know who you are.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm not part of the playlist gang but I feel like posting more of my faves. I hope you all dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-crgy_QGjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgFaK6ZQifE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT25guf4DRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXRDQwwhfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43UYpdRL4Eo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOa48HPdCak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Y3zWLlfas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbVsorrCEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FujBMy8-W5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSjAEsbx1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wyXaI33YTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIATtnoLrZU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I haven't heard that Ill Behavior tune before, that's wicked

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'mma take this time to plug a guy who has been super helpful in helping me understand and develop my hardware workflow. I found his channel when I was fretting about understanding my old s3000xl and turned out we were in a few of the same discords and is a genuinely awesome dude that's down to give advice. It's not all ambient jungle/dnb, that's just the style that appeals most to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2UVTFUokns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VStYL3Ziw_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLLq3u6kNKw

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's always nice when a brand new track comes out that not only bangs, but immediately fills a spot in a new mix. This is what I love about making my OPS mixes; they're like weird puzzles you have no reference for how they're going to end up, but you still know when you've found the perfect piece and it's so satisfying.

Anyway I'm confirmed to be dropping two mixes this Friday. I may have mentioned that one of them will be playing on The Prophecy on CIUT; Mr. Brown was all booked up for the summer which is why I had to defer the monthly mix, but also why I decided to throw together a second one that's strictly D&B with mostly much fresher tunes. I did find a string of classic heaters to close on, though. The last ten minutes of this mix are ludicrous.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 31, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
As promised, here are two (2) new mixes. The second one is airing right now on The Prophecy, so I figure it's OK to make the links all live.

OPERATIONS vol. 23 (Drum & Bass, Breaks mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmxLwcT2KY

quote:

Tracklist:
Visionobi & GLXY - Paradise (ft. Riya)
Auris - Too Hot To Handle
Re:Form - No Show
Dub Phizix & Strategy - Deh
Winslow & Note - Swing And Miss (Note remix)
No Patterns - Giving
London Elektricity - Lonely Sirens (ft. Elsa Esmeralda) (London Elektricity VIP)
Chase & Status - Consciousness
Unknown Artist - Leave The Door Open (Anderson .Paak bootleg)
Tomoyoshi - Back In The Days
Dr Meaker - The Neutron
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Music Soldier
Decline - Within Me
Dutta & Krux - Breeze
Submotive & Krakatoa - Poisoned
High Contrast - Remember When (Winslow remix)
Dreadnough - Reaction
Noisia & Phace - Deep Down
Black Barrel - Russian Rolla
Concept One - Axos
Noisia & Mefjus - Foundations
Break & Total Science - Blame You
Toronto Is Broken - Cold Contact (Mojay remix)
NC17 & Kumarichi - Cache
Mr. Explicit - Essential
Mob Tactics - Bulldozer
Break & Total Science - Aardvark
Toronto Is Broken - Taking Over (Lateral remix)
The Prodigy - Breathe (ft. RZA) (Rene Lavice remix)
The Prototypes - Enter The Warrior (ft. B3ndu) (VIP)
Toronto Is Broken - Move It (Corrupted Minds remix)
A.M.C & Turno - Voyage
Blanke - Alchemy (ShockOne remix)
Murdock - Holding On (ft. James Marvel) (Rene Lavice remix)
Subtension - Run For Rum
REMENZ - Apex
Chase & Status - Run Up (ft. Unknown T)
Friction - Blue
Droptek - Revolver (AKOV remix)
Joe Ford - Distilled

OPERATIONS vol. 24 (Drum & Bass mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7amMTYt2g

quote:

Tracklist:
Whiney - No Good (In:Most remix)
Emba - Holding Back (ft. L.I.T.A.)
DLR - Don’t Come Too Close
Untrue - London’s Finest
SL8R - Venom
Kasra - Black Lemonade
Dunk - Rogue Doll
Concept One - Sirens
Kasra - Swinging Swords (EN:VY)
Buxx & Jabaru - Break Check
S.P.Y - Event Horizon
Covert Garden - Gilanoia
Jon Tho - In Silence (Circumference remix)
Deja Vu - Blow
Dutta - The One
Noisia & Former - Pleasure Model (Rohaan remix)
Bensley - Hit The Lights
Komatic & Technimatic - Make Me Feel
Minor Forms - Movement Theory
Shadows & Exult - Chrysalis
VariableOp - Call The Ball
Minzo - The Thing
Minor Forms - Late Funk
Turno & Ben Snow - Orca
Document One & Duskee - Technology
L Plus - No Escape (ft. Jimmy Danger)
Objectiv & Spektiv - The Plough
Noisia & Phace - Program (Sleepnet remix)
Agressor Bunx - System Crash
Phace & Mefjus - FRIED
Jon Void - Everytime
Dimension - Offender (Dimension & Grafix remix)
Seventhrun - Party All Night Long
Muzz - Children Of Hell X
Lexurus - Continua (ft. Dualistic)
Mizo - Take Out
DC Breaks - Concrete Jungle
Mind Vortex - Overture
Delta Heavy - Gargantua
The Prototypes, Glitch City & Bladerunner - Electric (Mind Vortex remix)

You can tell I was very tired and not nearly as animated for vol. 24. Both were really fun to do and I'm liking the idea of having a deadline, it's historically the easiest way to get me off my rear end into 'work'. Man, imagine monetizing this... What a dream.

All OPS mixes are available for download at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MOTR_MdgLMswqoqJIVE6VPLnd2VZ232b?usp=sharing

Also follow me and boost the mixes at:
https://www.mixcloud.com/opposingforce/

I only need 24 more YouTube followers to update my channel URL. :D

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Mister Speaker posted:

Subscribed!

Aside, threw up my latest Dn'B project on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7Mr9loIyM

I have another scheduled for Halloween.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Speaker posted:

As promised, here are two (2) new mixes. The second one is airing right now on The Prophecy, so I figure it's OK to make the links all live.

OPERATIONS vol. 23 (Drum & Bass, Breaks mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmxLwcT2KY

OPERATIONS vol. 24 (Drum & Bass mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7amMTYt2g

You can tell I was very tired and not nearly as animated for vol. 24. Both were really fun to do and I'm liking the idea of having a deadline, it's historically the easiest way to get me off my rear end into 'work'. Man, imagine monetizing this... What a dream.

All OPS mixes are available for download at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MOTR_MdgLMswqoqJIVE6VPLnd2VZ232b?usp=sharing

Also follow me and boost the mixes at:
https://www.mixcloud.com/opposingforce/

Just finished 23, which was sick! Onto 24 now. Also I thought for sure I had hit subscribe a while ago but apparently I hadn't :thunk: Anyway, I'm subscribed now!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I will listen to the mixes , I did a lil of the first operation already. Cool stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5kWyaECVA

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ultraklystron posted:

Subscribed!

Aside, threw up my latest Dn'B project on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7Mr9loIyM

I have another scheduled for Halloween.

nice stuff, I liked Rebase Branch and Bug Report and i've listened a couple times while working. It's like lo-fi turn of the century tech step, thanks for your work!

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Virgil Vox posted:

nice stuff, I liked Rebase Branch and Bug Report and i've listened a couple times while working. It's like lo-fi turn of the century tech step, thanks for your work!

Thanks! Glad to hear some of it was hitting. Definitely wrote it with the idea of being good work music.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This entire ambiance channel is just amazing mix after amazing mix. It's absolutely incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3aK_Y1fjQ

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Oh yes for sure!

Check 4AM breaks channel too, more modern and mostly songs but some good stuff.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I've seen that 4AM breaks channel in the recommended section so I'll give that a listen. It's funny, I've known about this ambience channel for a while now and would poke around a song here or there but never really listened to a whole mix. I can't stop now.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Sometimes I wonder why I pay for DI.fm instead of just looking for good youtube mixes. My time on DI.fm's *DnB and Jungle channels is 50/50 enjoyment/"ugh where's that skip button".

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

This entire ambiance channel is just amazing mix after amazing mix. It's absolutely incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3aK_Y1fjQ

Beautiful.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3y9UMzc930

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, this 4AM Breaks channel is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A07u9WQH6r0

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this is about as big room dancefloor as it gets but the new Junk Mail tune is loving ridiculous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdgNULxfSwI

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I clicked on this in the Tweets thread and now you have to hear it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Speaker posted:

I clicked on this in the Tweets thread and now you have to hear it too.
Holy poo poo :laffo:

I needed that laugh.