Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Still don't understand why it's in response to me saying "there's probably a better way to convince people to side with you and your efforts to right wrongs than posting in a thread whose readership is three orders of magnitude lower than the necessary population required to affect change."

A lot of the people here posting all of a sudden haven't meaningfully interacted with GSF in over a literal decade, so it's completely understandable that you'd all not know about the demographic changes in that period of time. All I was trying to do was inform about the relative irrelevance of this thread to solving any problems of this type. That being said, if those posting aren't actually interested in driving change, and are just venting their spleens, then what I suggested has no value and I'll shut up about it.

Besides didn't Darius Johnson already try to lead a revolt of "True Goons" to wrest control from Mittens several years back only to disappear again? I distinctly recall deadtear involved in some True Goons posting for a week or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
being the ostensibly forums-endorsed goon space guild is extremely a privilege and not a right

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Bilirubin posted:

Besides didn't Darius Johnson already try to lead a revolt of "True Goons" to wrest control from Mittens several years back only to disappear again?

Yeah, that whole thing was a hilarious scam. He eventually sold out the few rubes he did convince for a PL vouch too :v:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Bilirubin posted:

Besides didn't Darius Johnson already try to lead a revolt of "True Goons" to wrest control from Mittens several years back only to disappear again? I distinctly recall deadtear involved in some True Goons posting for a week or two

yea cause he wrested like 10 people

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Sickening posted:

I am not trying to discredit this line of thinking, but this twitch viewership you are talking about is pretty nonexistent. The guestimate on the active subs is larger for the viewership size, but for a single person to try to live on that revenue wouldn't be all that... exciting. Much less a group of people.

I never said anything about personal income? Running forums/jabber/mumble for 30-40k people is probably less expensive than it used to be but things like DDoS protection still aren't cheap. If they're making enough to cover that, the threat of not meeting those costs might be used to break through to leadership, but that and all the other stuff would still need sizeable alliance support etc and probably wouldn't get off the ground anyway.

I also haven't watched imperium twitch since the m-2 battle, so I have no clue about real viewership numbers.

madjack fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 11, 2022

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Seems like tons of members find Imperium's 2022 multi-alliance leadership's direction to their liking, as they're either out farming their communal corner of the game or making excursions to dick on some RMT landlord pubbies which is magnitudes more fun than whatever pissup RL meets the methheads of yesteryear are reminiscing about itt, while the few shitbirds of indignation are doing their 'ironic' song and dance about corp mails or CSM.

how did you fit that entire boot in your mouth? it's impressive!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

madjack posted:

I never said anything about personal income? Running forums/jabber/mumble for 30-40k people is probably less expensive than it used to be but things like DDoS protection still aren't cheap. The threat of not meeting those costs might be used to break through to leadership, but that and all the other stuff would still need sizeable alliance support etc and probably wouldn't get off the ground anyway.

I also haven't watched imperium twitch since the m-2 battle, so I have no clue about real viewership numbers.

Its also not 2007 anymore. Things like DDOS protection are way more available and easier to price and scale to your needs than the old days. it can be about as cheap or expensive as you can afford.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Sickening posted:

Its also not 2007 anymore. Things like DDOS protection are way more available and easier to price and scale to your needs than the old days. it can be about as cheap or expensive as you can afford.

Well scratch that idea then.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

There is also Xan. Ugh.

I was one of the ones that helped send up the flair on Xan. Always happy to help.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Mr. Grinch posted:

my dude if you think playing eve online is more fun than internal drama you have brain worms

my dude, from what I gather the last multi-day unmitigated DDOS attacks on the very forums you're posting on was from an Eve in-game enemy of the Imperium. Do I need to explain to you just how much more satisfying it is to provoke someone to that point than to listen the always online brains dip out of their discord for a public shitposting spree?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

my dude, from what I gather the last multi-day unmitigated DDOS attacks on the very forums you're posting on was from an Eve in-game enemy of the Imperium. Do I need to explain to you just how much more satisfying it is to provoke someone to that point than to listen the always online brains dip out of their discord for a public shitposting spree?

the most charitable reading of this is that you just don't know what people are mad about

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bilirubin posted:

he used ccp contacts to acquire the original goonfleet corp name, something which i was denied multiple times despite having a character in the corporation, and he acted like he didnt understand why that was a problem and that he was in fact super deserving of it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

lol you're a dweeb

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I also feel I should point out for the sake of fairness that I have seen multiple people get booted in the last 6 months for being some variation of twat or another. I have no idea why it took so long for this particular one to get the boot and that's why I'm so curious to know what happened to "the process".

The picture some of you have painted of "the old days" does sound a far cry from Elysium and the general vibe of the alliance for the past however many months i've been back.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

RustySeabutter posted:

like they ripped off newbies while citing off their extensive proof of being the most educated member of the corp kinda poo poo?

the money is just sitting

I'm not playing the game anymore

it's a move of protest, and as far as i can tell it's working exactly as intended, so hell no, I'm not going to back down on my principles here.

I'll pay out to anyone leaving imperium no problemo, if nothing changes, it'll sit.

if they did a drat thing to show initiative on this instead of loving blowing it all up -or- mittani hadn't offered to take responsibility for all debts in an attempt to erase this scandal, I'd maybe care more about the situation, but Mittani has known me since i was *fourteen years old* in *2005*. Firstname Lastname always gets his isn't just a catchphrase

I'm loving Stubborn and principled and if something violates a principle of mine i will not budge even if it makes people really upset with me because that's not what it's about : it's about having principles.

My highest principle in EVE was to never gently caress goons, my principles for basic human respect, morality and acceptable behavior when it comes to real situations that matter exceed my videogame principles in importance and when the two come into contact with eachother real wins every time and if the lesser principle suffers some damage but it supports the greater, that's acceptable collateral to me.

I'm not gonna be playing the game, the money is just gonna sit on its rear end and maybe if some directors get off theirs and do the right thing, I'll feel more charitable to the situation they've created but as for now, i am going to let it loving sit. Don't @ me son :colbert:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

hahahaha this entire organization is run by rightwing reactionary shitheads and people who enable them, loving incredible work goons :)

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
lol i was talkin about andupor but that musta felt good

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

RustySeabutter posted:

haha i still wanted to say it so w/e play the ball where it lie

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

hahahaha this entire organization is run by rightwing reactionary shitheads and people who enable them, loving incredible work goons :)

said by a guy who knows literally nothing

thanks for playing

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

RustySeabutter posted:

hahaha

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

thanks for playing

Remedial knows, call his office and ask to see the, 'big picture' he can fax it over.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I gotta say taking 3 months to inhume a sex pest and then loving up and executing the victim is A++ leadership ability guys. For the record the whole cult of mittens poo poo that has been growing since about 2013 has always made me a little uncomfortable.

Imo callout threads and rabble rousing are proud goon traditions. The fact that everything has to be done behind closed doors allows a lot of grody poo poo and poor decision making to be made by people who really aren’t half as clued in as they think they are. A good brick against the glass on occasion can shake things up and correct the course. But that’s not allowed anymore, and frankly THAT more than anything makes me uncomfortable. It’s not exactly a huge secret that the way leadership handles things in general is why I rarely stick around anymore. Goons are always our own worst enemies.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

thanks for playing

https://twitter.com/brianschoeneman

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

before any mods get trigger-happy, this guy promotes his eve streaming and such under his actual name

https://twitter.com/BrianSchoeneman/status/1542660201974796288

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

"Former GOP election official & election law expert"

Yikes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

what's with the alzheimer's-esque fits of rediscovery going on itt all of a sudden

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what's with the alzheimer's-esque fits of rediscovery going on itt all of a sudden

Like are we being led by actual "stop the steal" people?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

Like are we being led by actual "stop the steal" people?

That guy isn't even in Goonfleet, he's in Initiative. Is he even a leader in his alliance?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
it goes a lot deeper than that...

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
from 9/23/2021

a block fc (not sure about his roles) john hartley telling someone to kill themself and a director theadj telling people to shut up about it

I wonder how long it will take innominate to get around to taking a look at this

ded fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 11, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I, for one, would quite like it if yogizh ceased making attack helicopter jokes or got hellbanned forever.

e: also john hartley sucks

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

When directors gently caress up it’s time for all old grievances to be aired, so that’s part of it. Another part is that the directorate is nowhere near as transparent as it frankly needs to be in a lot of situations. I don’t know if anyone has noticed but Mittens executes people who makes noise. He doesn’t pay much attention if they have a good reason to make noise or not.

I can’t stress enough when director dipshits circle the wagons in times like this it only makes things worse.

PS seriously why is Xenuria still allowed to be?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's the leader of INIT apparently not, I don't know what he is then - either way I've no idea why he's suddenly been brought up since nothing I've seen or heard suggests he's a bad person. You guys posted the twitter link, why don't you scroll down and read some of his tweets if you want to find out about him?

The useful discussion we were having has now devolved into random shitflinging instead of focusing on the actual issue. and I've no interest in listening to that or people namedropping the pricks of yesteryear for nostalgia clout. PuppiesAndKittens i hope i catch up with you in discord because I'd still like to hear about what happened and what went wrong. Beyond that all I can really do is keep an eye out and call out any shithousery I see. If that gets me kicked and nothing helps then so be it.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 11, 2022

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
brisc is not inits leader

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

I, for one, would quite like it if yogizh ceased making attack helicopter jokes or got hellbanned forever.

hell , same

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

dragonshardz posted:

:emptyquote:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

circle the wagons

What does this mean in this context? I can't tell if it means "defending each other" or "remaining silent."

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

OMG Brisc is a republican! The horror ......he is part of half the US population.

Like how is this news? Everyone knows this, but I guess if you are desperate to be angry.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
The leader of INIT? Brisc is a line member with a twitch show you clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

What does this mean in this context? I can't tell if it means "defending each other" or "remaining silent."

Both work frankly.