Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pokchu posted:

i only ever remember the one email a year ago or whatever that mittani blasted out to every person who had ever been a member of the forums or whatever

lol yeah I got it. It was oddly insistent too wasn't it? Something like, "YOU MUST RISE TO THE CALL AND COME DEFEND GOONDOM" or some poo poo.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Frank Frank posted:

Make some more noise. Someone earlier said this alliance is 30k people? Accountability has to be a thing, yeah?

i have some unfortunate news for you about this

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Seems like noisy people get banned a lot.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Furnok Dorn posted:

i have some unfortunate news for you about this

I mean, the alliance exists because ya'll let it exist. If the people running it suck, get new people or get a new alliance? Nothing is stopping you. 30k people - kick the 10 or so in charge and you still have numbers? Goonfleet was always about numbers and not cash, right?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

ryanrs posted:

same as it ever was

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So if I may ask a practical question at this point- as an Imperium member what can I do to help? I know the answer "quit eve" is being typed into keyboards as this is read but let's assume that I'm far-gone enough that I still enjoy playing a dumb space game for idiots and would prefer to keep doing it for the time being.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

NtotheTC posted:

So if I may ask a practical question at this point- as an Imperium member what can I do to help? I know the answer "quit eve" is being typed into keyboards as this is read but let's assume that I'm far-gone enough that I still enjoy playing a dumb space game for idiots and would prefer to keep doing it for the time being.

Force your leadership to take a stance on this bullshit or quit and form up with the rest of the folks here who seem fed up with this nonsense? Seems like a good place to start.

ryanrs posted:

If enough of you leave they will absolutely start to care in a hurry.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 11, 2022

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

Voting with your feet is probably the most effective imo. I went to wormholes.

Other options include calling for radical leadership change, pulling your investments, not paying taxes, not going on stratops, etc.

PuppiesAndKitties fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 11, 2022

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Make some more noise. Someone earlier said this alliance is 30k people? Accountability has to be a thing, yeah?

It's actually still in goonwaffe corp mail even.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

NtotheTC posted:

apparently posting about the monumental gently caress ups that leadership makes is toxic behavior

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ded posted:

apparently posting about the monumental gently caress ups that leadership makes is toxic behavior

Maybe (just maybe) you need new leadership? I'll shut up now but seriously - this isn't a RL job. Ya'll can just pick up and leave any time you want. Your leaders aren't elected. They're just other internet nerds who you tasked with leadership jobs. If they aren't doing their jobs to your satisfaction just task new and better nerds with the job. If the old leaders refuse to relinquish control, just quit and form a new alliance. They can't loving stop you and it'll be funny as gently caress.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 11, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Frank Frank posted:

If enough of you leave they will absolutely start to care in a hurry.

Seems like a poor choice of targets to focus here, then. Only about 60-80 total people have ever read this thread. GSF membership is tens of thousands. Is there a Discord chat room that has wider reach, maybe? I have no idea, myself, unfortunately.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They won't change the leadership nor will they leave. They get off far too much on the attention. I mean 2 of the directors do a twitch stream 7 days a week where they both drink on every single show. Mittani?? Give up leadership after all this time? lol lmao. hes getting paid from his weekly twitch show and furniture sales he plugs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Frank Frank posted:

Linking this thread for Epsilon people to come post. Everyone should post here.

It's like a ten year high school reunion but way sadder

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Seems like a poor choice of targets to focus here, then. Only about 60-80 total people have ever read this thread. GSF membership is tens of thousands. Is there a Discord chat room that has wider reach, maybe? I have no idea, myself, unfortunately.

goonfleet jumped the shark and went from a community of people playing a video game together to various leadership's personal ego-stroking vanity projects long ago

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ded posted:

They won't change the leadership nor will they leave. They get off far too much on the attention. I mean 2 of the directors do a twitch stream 7 days a week where they both drink on every single show. Mittani?? Give up leadership after all this time? lol lmao. hes getting paid from his weekly twitch show and furniture sales he plugs.

If that's the case *you* can leave. You don't have to support this bullshit do you?
Also I bet leadership really (really) cares about the money that's rolling in so that is absolutely something you can leverage. 99% of people in this alliance don't make money off of it. Why should you let the 1% that does ignore what the rest of you want? Seriously, it's your call - not theirs.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mastershakeman posted:

It's like a ten year high school reunion but way sadder

Also funnier but yeah

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I guess I should add that I am extremely space unimportant with no investments or assets that the alliance would miss. I'm very happy to speak up, and would love to join up with the people who feel the same way to try and make sure that shitwits and creeps can't hide in the shadows. Is that group delta sqad? I'm having a difficult time working out who is ingame and who is out of it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

pokchu posted:

goonfleet jumped the shark and went from a community of people playing a video game together to various leadership's personal ego-stroking vanity projects long ago

The heck does this have to do with what I posted? :confused:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
yea AFAIK eve online ended the day the enemy retreated from Delve and ive known only peace since then

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

NtotheTC posted:

I guess I should add that I am extremely space unimportant with no investments or assets that the alliance would miss. I'm very happy to speak up, and would love to join up with the people who feel the same way to try and make sure that shitwits and creeps can't hide in the shadows. Is that group delta sqad? I'm having a difficult time working out who is ingame and who is out of it.

the core of delta is old bittervets who came back for the big war. 90% of us stopped playing around the end of the war. due to our shining of the light on the giant turds we have been labeled toxic

lol lmao

but yeh feel free to join our discord

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

the core of delta is old bittervets who came back for the big war. 90% of us stopped playing around the end of the war. due to our shining of the light on the giant turds we have been labeled toxic

lol lmao

but yeh feel free to join our discord

I'd like an invite too if that's okay.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

I'd like an invite too if that's okay.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The heck does this have to do with what I posted? :confused:

He's saying that goonfleet is a cult of personality now and any semblance of fairness or democracy went out the window a long time ago (if I'm reading this right).

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Frank Frank posted:

He's saying that goonfleet is a cult of personality now and any semblance of fairness or democracy went out the window a long time ago (if I'm reading this right).

that's correct, sorry if it wasn't clear. "what can i do?" within the framing how it usually "works" in goon-games just doesn't apply anymore. it's not tens of thousands of goons with the same basic sense of decency or fairness that the majority usually has, it's tens of thousands of slavering mittani/director fans and you're the odd member out of the cult

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You got it old timer.

my dude this is you running in here breathless to post a massive page of poo poo while people are busy ripping each other apart for me to :munch: at

I don't play EVE anymore and can't be bothered to go through the stuff to get back forums access, so watching people tear each other apart here is the most fun I get out of the game.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 11, 2022

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Voting with your feet is probably the most effective imo. I went to wormholes.

Other options include calling for radical leadership change, pulling your investments, not paying taxes, not going on stratops, etc.

Unless someone can get like 75% of the alliance active playerbase committed and vocally on your side, I don't think there's any practical means of ingame resistance and people are better off just leaving.

Even getting that 75% might not work, because EVE's stuck-in-2003 social tools mean that true control of a bloc revolves around control of the external IT infrastructure.

The only way to get through that barrier is to make leadership's problems real by forcing them to cover the massive expenses of that themselves. Vote with your wallets and make sure the server donation drives come up short.

Anyone who tries to organise or push for this on gsf platforms will likely get airlocked and their posts deleted immediately, since deplatforming cuts both ways.

So anyone who wants to go is probably better off just leaving either way.

E: Forgot to quote.

madjack fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 11, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pokchu posted:

that's correct, sorry if it wasn't clear. "what can i do?" within the framing how it usually "works" in goon-games just doesn't apply anymore. it's not tens of thousands of goons with the same basic sense of decency or fairness that the majority usually has, it's tens of thousands of slavering mittani/director fans and you're the odd member out of the cult

Yeah but the point here is that you don't have to shrug and go "welp guess this is what it is" - you can leave and the game won't change much. I'd wager that the majority of the folks in your alliance aren't cool with sex pests, pedos or bigots but assuming they are - you've gotta ask yourself "is this REALLY who you want to associate with?"

...and if the answer is "yeah it's fine" then that says more about you than it does about them

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Globby got some competition now from someone who scammed 400bil from fuckin Helldump of all places.

because of biden's inflation my 400b is more like 900b now

Mr. Grinch posted:

Globby been real quiet lately

yeah i just love laughing at people who say the n word as a funny joke get mad at people who say the f slur as a funny joke over whether or not it's okay to harass women lol

also i cba to read what actually is happening, other than some woman got harassed or something and got kicked but then got reinvited or something? idgi

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

madjack posted:

Unless you can get like 75% of the alliance active playerbase committed and vocally on your side, I don't think there's any practical means of ingame resistance and you're better off just leaving.

Even getting that 75% might not work, because EVE's stuck-in-2003 social tools mean that true control of a bloc revolves around control of the external IT infrastructure.

The only way to get through that barrier is to make leadership's problems real by forcing them to cover the massive expenses of that themselves. Vote with your wallets and make sure the server donation drives come up short.

Anyone who tries to organise or push for this on gsf platforms will likely get airlocked and their posts deleted immediately, since deplatforming cuts both ways.

So you're probably better off just leaving either way.

Doesn't The Imperium generate enough cashflow through ad revenue/affiliate links/etc that they probably could cover the server costs out of that and still make a tidy handful? I don't know precisely how expensive the infrastructure is for 30k nerds, though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Frank Frank posted:

Still don't understand why it's in response to me saying "there's probably a better way to convince people to side with you and your efforts to right wrongs than posting in a thread whose readership is three orders of magnitude lower than the necessary population required to affect change."

A lot of the people here posting all of a sudden haven't meaningfully interacted with GSF in over a literal decade, so it's completely understandable that you'd all not know about the demographic changes in that period of time. All I was trying to do was inform about the relative irrelevance of this thread to solving any problems of this type. That being said, if those posting aren't actually interested in driving change, and are just venting their spleens, then what I suggested has no value and I'll shut up about it.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

orange juche posted:

Doesn't The Imperium generate enough cashflow through ad revenue/affiliate links/etc that they probably could cover the server costs out of that and still make a tidy handful? I don't know precisely how expensive the infrastructure is for 30k nerds, though.

Well that would be the first avenue of protest then, stop clicking their links and go after their twitch viewership. :shrug:

E: Adblock too I guess?

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

dialhforhero posted:

Hate to tell you this buddy but groon was toxic as gently caress. Like, straight 4chan poo poo.

like they ripped off newbies while citing off their extensive proof of being the most educated member of the corp kinda poo poo?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Still don't understand why it's in response to me saying "there's probably a better way to convince people to side with you and your efforts to right wrongs than posting in a thread whose readership is three orders of magnitude lower than the necessary population required to affect change."

A lot of the people here posting all of a sudden haven't meaningfully interacted with GSF in over a literal decade, so it's completely understandable that you'd all not know about the demographic changes in that period of time. All I was trying to do was inform about the relative irrelevance of this thread to solving any problems of this type. That being said, if those posting aren't actually interested in driving change, and are just venting their spleens, then what I suggested has no value and I'll shut up about it.

Change has to start somewhere, doesn't it? Not sure what "demographic changes" you're talking about but if the current demographic endorses the kinda stuff FNLN and others talked about today you've gotta ask yourself if you want to belong to that demographic, yeah?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

madjack posted:

Well that would be the first avenue of protest then, stop clicking their links and go after their twitch viewership. :shrug:

E: Adblock too I guess?

I am not trying to discredit this line of thinking, but this twitch viewership you are talking about is pretty nonexistent. The guestimate on the active subs is larger for the viewership size, but for a single person to try to live on that revenue wouldn't be all that... exciting. Much less a group of people.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Frank Frank posted:

Change has to start somewhere, doesn't it? Not sure what "demographic changes" you're talking about but if the current demographic endorses the kinda stuff FNLN and others talked about today you've gotta ask yourself if you want to belong to that demographic, yeah?

"Demographic changes" means "most of GSF doesn't read the SA thread." This is in stark contrast to the way things were 10+ years ago, is all.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

yea I think we can all agree that this wasnt handled well but any claim that Mittens is raking it in from his weekly barely triple digit twitch viewership is extremely laughable

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

"Demographic changes" means "most of GSF doesn't read the SA thread." This is in stark contrast to the way things were 10+ years ago, is all.

I am fairly sure Mittens has talked about trying to totally separate the space guild from the forums he can't control completely.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Seems like tons of members find Imperium's 2022 multi-alliance leadership's direction to their liking, as they're either out farming their communal corner of the game or making excursions to dick on some RMT landlord pubbies which is magnitudes more fun than whatever pissup RL meets the methheads of yesteryear are reminiscing about itt, while the few shitbirds of indignation are doing their 'ironic' song and dance about corp mails or CSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

my dude if you think playing eve online is more fun than internal drama you have brain worms