Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If I am here what would my next move be? Save another million for one of the buildings or boost production from nearly on the pin in the existing stuff so I spend less time exploring for wood or whatever? I have like 5 trees each, 10 chickens, some cows, a pet, some bait, you get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do you have the sawmill yet? If not, that’s the target. Go to the town in game, and then to the library, it has good starter advice. If you have the sawmill, focus on getting to half of your inventory cap in boards/wood each hour. Then add the quarry, similar production, then pick up the ironworks (but don’t upgrade it, there’s a great perk that makes it irrelevant other than making random drops).

But the sawmill will really accelerate your silver generation.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Arcturas posted:

That’s too bad. I’m staring down piles of gold fish in requests, and my fingers are not excited about it.

Yeah, the mealworms only one *might* still be ok because of how simple it is. I think I did something dumb that made the manual fishing more obvious. In any case since I got dinged it's manual only from here on out for me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm looking at the personal requests I have asking for 250 pearls and I'm thinking I should update my poll answer of "Manual fishing is something I tolerate" because let me tell you, these hundreds of grubs and worms can loving rot.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

H110Hawk posted:

If I am here what would my next move be? Save another million for one of the buildings or boost production from nearly on the pin in the existing stuff so I spend less time exploring for wood or whatever? I have like 5 trees each, 10 chickens, some cows, a pet, some bait, you get the idea.

pump up your sawmill to 50-100% of your inventory and look up “sawmill silver” in the library and you’ll be raking in hundreds of millions in silver per day super quick

after you have a sawmill going, make the orchard fill up your entire inventory every day and you’ll make even more money on exploring

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Cool thanks. I will crank that wood production.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

susan b buffering posted:

Yeah, the mealworms only one *might* still be ok because of how simple it is. I think I did something dumb that made the manual fishing more obvious. In any case since I got dinged it's manual only from here on out for me.

I got all the gold fish required for the ATI quests using the mealworms only one, without any issues or warnings.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Umbreon posted:

I got all the gold fish required for the ATI quests using the mealworms only one, without any issues or warnings.

Yeah, I expect that one to be fine unless you choose an interval that's stupid low*. I think I may have done something with the manual fishing that caused it to loop even after the bait ran out, which could have tipped them off. Honestly just glad they let me off with a warning :v:

* or they find the script and they update the code to detect how it works specifically

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

good try, game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm in a bit of a rut.

I have all level 6 pets, don't have the 10 billion for the farm or workshop, I'm at 99/99/99/95. The money doesn't seem to be coming in that fast, so I've been grinding out Large Nets and Crossbows.

The two quests I have ATM do not make sense without the rest of the pets. A Towering Investment II and Strange Companions VIII. I'm locked out by Herbs and Orange Geckos.

Is my only option ATM to grind out to level 99 exploring while trying to get the 2x 10 billion?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

obi_ant posted:

I'm in a bit of a rut.

I have all level 6 pets, don't have the 10 billion for the farm or workshop, I'm at 99/99/99/95. The money doesn't seem to be coming in that fast, so I've been grinding out Large Nets and Crossbows.

The two quests I have ATM do not make sense without the rest of the pets. A Towering Investment II and Strange Companions VIII. I'm locked out by Herbs and Orange Geckos.

Is my only option ATM to grind out to level 99 exploring while trying to get the 2x 10 billion?

Geckoes don’t drop from pets at all, so you’re not missing anything there.

Herbs are a pain but spamming stamina on Whispering Creek seems like a good idea. Herbs for the quest, best source of explore exp, and crafting/selling garnet rings will help some with money.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Aerox posted:

Geckoes don’t drop from pets at all, so you’re not missing anything there.

Herbs are a pain but spamming stamina on Whispering Creek seems like a good idea. Herbs for the quest, best source of explore exp, and crafting/selling garnet rings will help some with money.

Crab Claws do, though, and Crab Claws into the well turn into Geckos (or Sea Dragons or Frogs, all of which you’ll probably need at some point soon enough).

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

That’s exactly where I’m at now and the advice I get is “keep doing WC”. Money is rolling in at a very steady clip from large nets but I know when I hit 99 exploration it’ll vanish in a flash with the new pets.

Also I’ve been explicitly told to save my geckos for ATI since I’ll get them back, which makes having to re-collect them for Strange Companions a non-issue.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Ghostlight posted:

good try, game

Nice one.

First seven numbers were strikes for me today but got lucky on the fourth guess.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

FreshFeesh posted:

That’s exactly where I’m at now and the advice I get is “keep doing WC”. Money is rolling in at a very steady clip from large nets but I know when I hit 99 exploration it’ll vanish in a flash with the new pets.

Also I’ve been explicitly told to save my geckos for ATI since I’ll get them back, which makes having to re-collect them for Strange Companions a non-issue.

Yeah, you get 100 geckos super early into the tower climb, if you’ve mastered and grand mastered a handful of items and have a billion or two silver saved up you’ll get them all right back when you get into the tower. Don’t dump the 60 into strange companions first or else you’ll have a bad time getting the 100 for the tower.

obi_ant posted:

I'm in a bit of a rut.

Honestly the drag up to 99 exploring is the worst part of the game. Just keep hammering at WC to collect herbs, make garnet rings, and cram some other stuff together with oak. Once you hit all 99s you’ll immediately spend like 14b on the new pets that’ll greatly increase your herb/honey/chest/sphere gains and rocket through the rest of ATI fairly quickly outside of a couple speedbumps that require you to throw a shitload of nets or AP at a problem. And honey.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 11, 2022

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I'm a bit put off this game by the decision to put the Craftworks on the live server.... for alpha subscription players only. This seems like a blatant attempt to get people to upgrade to the more expensive Patreon tier. There's no real benefit to restricting it to "Alpha" players except higher income.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Tolth posted:

I'm a bit put off this game by the decision to put the Craftworks on the live server.... for alpha subscription players only. This seems like a blatant attempt to get people to upgrade to the more expensive Patreon tier. There's no real benefit to restricting it to "Alpha" players except higher income.

Uh, did I miss something where it was announced it would stay alpha only? I assumed it was going to follow the alpha->beta->live process like everything else.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

rafikki posted:

Uh, did I miss something where it was announced it would stay alpha only? I assumed it was going to follow the alpha->beta->live process like everything else.

They have put it on the live server, but for Alpha tier players only. Beta tier players cannot use it. It will eventually be opened up to Beta/Live, but my issue is that this means Alpha has moved from being "see stuff on the test server first" to "Beta but you pay more to get features even earlier".

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

neat!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Tolth posted:

They have put it on the live server, but for Alpha tier players only. Beta tier players cannot use it. It will eventually be opened up to Beta/Live, but my issue is that this means Alpha has moved from being "see stuff on the test server first" to "Beta but you pay more to get features even earlier".

What’s the distinction between these? When it wasn’t on the live server, any messing around with it they didn’t wouldn’t impact their live account? I always took the point of Alpha to get stuff faster than Beta anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

After a brief stay in the state sponsored Eggplant Jail, I'm back in federal Corn Jail to finish out my sentence.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Klungar posted:

What’s the distinction between these? When it wasn’t on the live server, any messing around with it they didn’t wouldn’t impact their live account? I always took the point of Alpha to get stuff faster than Beta anyway.

Yeah, Beta lets you get new features a week or two earlier so you get a little lead. Alpha is supposed to be about testing features before they launch, but it's now just Beta Plus.

I dislike this as while it is a trivial amount of money I still signed up to that Beta plan on the basis that it would give me access to all content on the live server.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Firestream mentioned he moved it to the live server for alpha because he needed to stress test it with more people or something like that. He's still making big changes to it and it's not feature complete yet, so on alpha it stays.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Arcturas posted:

That’s too bad. I’m staring down piles of gold fish in requests, and my fingers are not excited about it.

I didn't mind the farming jails but manual fishing is so mindnumbingly boring that it have killed the entire game for me.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

susan b buffering posted:

Yeah, I expect that one to be fine unless you choose an interval that's stupid low*. I think I may have done something with the manual fishing that caused it to loop even after the bait ran out, which could have tipped them off. Honestly just glad they let me off with a warning :v:

* or they find the script and they update the code to detect how it works specifically

I got dinged for this too a while back, and I think it was entirely because I accidentally ran out of bait and it just blindly fished for a while.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

:toot:

e: got the $1B farm row and $1B storehouse upgrade. easy come, easy go

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 11, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

:toot:

e: got the $1B farm row and $1B storehouse upgrade. easy come, easy go

Aw hella nah.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm really not a huge fan of how there's no way to refresh personal help requests other than by completing them or by spending my limited quantities of Peach Juice. Some are just really, really poor returns.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have two that both want 235 Pearls.

Today I bit the bullet and spent 400 grubs, 350 gummies, 400 worms, and 30 nets during a conference call, and I have 97 Pearls to show for it.

Working hard for this 135,000 silver payout that's less than I made buying and selling kebabs a single time yesterday.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I'm 96% done the corn quest. I've been fishing forever and almost have 100 gold fliers.

Now I need 200 more gold fish to finish this part of this quest for whatever it gets me.

Edit:

Also agree that these personal requests kind of suck. They ask for a pile of semi-rare or hard to acquire things for a minimal return.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 12, 2022

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
The steak price is the same for everyone, right? Because if so, everyone needs to fill up their inventory with as much as they can afford, because it's at 31k today (FYI for new players - average price is 50k, so that's a 20k per steak profit once the price swings back up - the only downside is tying up your silver for a day or two).

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

SMALL UPDATES:
- Grab Bag 07 added as possible trade at the Exchange Center for 500 Blue Gel. This is a small step towards helping people get Gold fish more easily.

500 useless blue gels for 25 bags isn't too bad

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
The new poll about Gold Fish is missing an option of "Gold Fish rates are a crime against humanity."

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Whole lotta people with bad opinions

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just opened 25 bag 07s and didn't get a single flier.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fhqwhgads posted:

I got *one* Gold Flier for my 25 bags :bang:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fhqwhgads posted:

I got 14 of em. Finished the jubilee quest I was stuck on.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

FreshFeesh posted:

I'm really not a huge fan of how there's no way to refresh personal help requests other than by completing them or by spending my limited quantities of Peach Juice. Some are just really, really poor returns.

I got one.

What a great offer.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I assume PHRs are tied to your levels in some way, even the bad ones at 4x99 are offering 50m silver. If you're lower level and that's the best offer you're getting, I might just consider not doing them until you've progressed farther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

They don’t think gold fishing is bad because they haven’t gotten a quest that requires 100 fliers. Probably the hardest quest they’ve done is 25 of one gold fish.