Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Even if they already have them scanned, they might still take them since they send out their dupes as part of a blind subscription service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Got Howling Wolf as my stand. The game thinks I'm cold and distant but in my heart am happiest when I'm with family and friends, which seems reasonable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Got Howling Wolf as my stand. The game thinks I'm cold and distant but in my heart am happiest when I'm with family and friends, which seems reasonable.

Oh poo poo you're playin 7th stand user? Hell yeah

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

LawfulWaffle posted:

Are there any archival projects that would get value out of a few boxes of 90s/00s gaming magazines? I found a few banker boxes full of Tips and Tricks, PSM, and EGM issues that need a home. I can’t really justify hanging onto them anymore (I’m already making a stupid exception for the old strategy guides and manuals I found with them) and I don’t see myself using them for collages/random notes.

I figure most magazines have probably been scanned and hosted somewhere, and if there’s no value in these paper copies I’m taking them to a recycling bin

yeah you should definitely donate them to the VGHF

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
7th Stand User protips:

Do not under ANY circumstances examine the rock in the school. Do not touch it. Do not go near it. Your playthrough will be a nuisance if you do. Also do not accept any gift for poor constitution. 7SU operates on the assumption that if you say it/saw it, it's true/it happened, so something as innocent as accepting some medicine means you're actually sick af and will eventually pass out if you wander around too long, which is also a game over if you're by yourself.

Explore as much or as little as you want but definitely check out a guide after you finish a playthrough or 2 if you wanna see what other stuff you can do. There are a ton of little changes, incidental dialogue, event changes, and more based on stuff like your friendship levels, your stand, what characters you've met, who is in your party, and so on and so forth.

In every major explorable location (basically any place with an inn) you can find a secret portal to the ending room of SaGa 1 and it's just a nice little easter egg room with some neat bonus dialogue. Not mandatory but certainly fun if you can find it. You'll know you're on the right track because examining the wall leading to it will always make a noise so you just find the spot with the noise and keep mashing until you get in.

Seriously though, do not examine the loving rock

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

wait do you get rolling stones chasing after you for the rest of the game

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Arzaac posted:

Yes, and it will actually kill you if it ever touches you.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
What’s the rock do

Edit: oh okay

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can’t tell if y’all are making an unused stand name joke or if that really happens

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly? I love that. Yeah, it sucks, but man if it isn't lore accurate. :v:

I should probably actually try a real playthrough of 7th Stand User. I tried it a few years back and got a couple hours in, but I think I just wasn't feeling it at the time. I also didn't like my stand (Adam Ant) too much.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Last Celebration posted:

I can’t tell if y’all are making an unused stand name joke or if that really happens

You read about it here and now it is canon.

Watch your back.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

BisbyWorl posted:

Yes, and it will actually kill you if it ever touches you.

You guys won't believe what my first death was.

First impressions are pretty good, I dig the GB styling on the game especially coming off far too many hours of Pokemon TCG. The level of choice it seems like it's going to have is also very appealing, and while having a literal 7th wheel awkwardly inserted into the SC plot feels odd, the little bits of unique content in the burned shack and with Steel on the radio are enough to pique my interest. Howlin' Wolf is kinda ehh to me, I have very vague recollections of seeing all the stands in the game including some really unique guys. Howlin' Wolf just seems a little dull.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, I started a new game and this time I got Pharaoh Sanders

Apparently I simply can't break away from Swarm type stands, but man a group of electric Egyptian foot soldiers is way cooler than a swarm of bugs

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Arzaac posted:

Honestly? I love that. Yeah, it sucks, but man if it isn't lore accurate. :v:

Technically speaking, it is lore accurate. The lore of 7SU is just even crazier than normal. :v:

Gaius Marius posted:

First impressions are pretty good, I dig the GB styling on the game especially coming off far too many hours of Pokemon TCG. The level of choice it seems like it's going to have is also very appealing, and while having a literal 7th wheel awkwardly inserted into the SC plot feels odd, the little bits of unique content in the burned shack and with Steel on the radio are enough to pique my interest. Howlin' Wolf is kinda ehh to me, I have very vague recollections of seeing all the stands in the game including some really unique guys. Howlin' Wolf just seems a little dull.

I forget exactly how, but there is a way to respec your Stand in the early segment before you get on the Roadtrip to Egypt.

Just keep in mind that Stands are linked to the user's personality, so there's a chance the PC might start acting differently, and it resets your level back to 1.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I just accidentally did it, you get an invitation to Cinderella Boutique and then can change your stuff, unfortunately you cannot back out once you say yes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello i spent 11 hours today reading about speculative evolution of canaries did i miss anything

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Tell us about the canaries

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tell us about the hit play I Want To Be Your Canary

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

Tell us about the hit play I Want To Be Your Canary

Is it better than "Loveless"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

Not only that but depending on what version you're playing it can move during cutscenes so as soon as the cutscene ends you game over because a rock's on you.

BisbyWorl posted:

Technically speaking, it is lore accurate. The lore of 7SU is just even crazier than normal. :v:

The original story content of 7SU owns though it does spoil some stuff from pretty much every other jojo part so that can be a nasty surprise for anyone not expecting it, assuming they can even tell what's fanfic and what's references to later parts in the first place.

I love its story though because I feel like the creator really had a good grasp of what Araki's stories are like, how they progress, and the major recurring themes of them. They did a really good job incorporating that into an RPGMaker JJBA fanfic game with SaGa influences.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

Tell us about the canaries

well they were given basically an entire planet to themselves and observed their evolution over the next 270 million years or so and they sure as heck evolved into all kinds of crazy stuff like big dinosaur birds and little insect birds and dolphin birds and birds that metamorphose from a larval stage and pupate to become an adult like a butterfly and some had tentacles and some became sentient

there were also fish as some of the starting species to support the ecosystem and THEY evolved into lil mudskippers but then they evolved even further into land mammals with three legs that also diversified into all kinds of weird lookin things and also some of them became sentient

and the ants eventually became floating colony-rafts adrift on the ocean's surface called SEA SHOGGOTHS that were like 10 feet long and devoured anything they touched

it was extremely interesting from a biology student viewpoint, i love this kind of poo poo, and it also had some very nice story writing with some of the sentient species/characters at the end :unsmith:

https://sites.google.com/site/worldofserina/home

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 11, 2022

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Are there any archival projects that would get value out of a few boxes of 90s/00s gaming magazines? I found a few banker boxes full of Tips and Tricks, PSM, and EGM issues that need a home. I can’t really justify hanging onto them anymore (I’m already making a stupid exception for the old strategy guides and manuals I found with them) and I don’t see myself using them for collages/random notes.

I figure most magazines have probably been scanned and hosted somewhere, and if there’s no value in these paper copies I’m taking them to a recycling bin

There was an ad I used to see in UK games magazines with a duke nukem looking woman called the cheat mistress who knew over 20,000 cheats but when I google cheat mistress none of the results are game related

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Help Im Alive posted:

There was an ad I used to see in UK games magazines with a duke nukem looking woman called the cheat mistress who knew over 20,000 cheats but when I google cheat mistress none of the results are game related

That's only because the game publishers don't want you to find her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

We found Imperials deep in the forest which means there must be some kind of spy in our ranks! Well I found him and he is called Laurentius, the absolute fucker. So I kicked his face and he cried like a baby and said he was sorry but I DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY. Watch your rear end, boy :mad:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Kerrzhe posted:

well they were given basically an entire planet to themselves and observed their evolution over the next 270 million years or so and they sure as heck evolved into all kinds of crazy stuff like big dinosaur birds and little insect birds and dolphin birds and birds that metamorphose from a larval stage and pupate to become an adult like a butterfly and some had tentacles and some became sentient

there were also fish as some of the starting species to support the ecosystem and THEY evolved into lil mudskippers but then they evolved even further into land mammals with three legs that also diversified into all kinds of weird lookin things and also some of them became sentient

and the ants eventually became floating colony-rafts adrift on the ocean's surface called SEA SHOGGOTHS that were like 10 feet long and devoured anything they touched

it was extremely interesting from a biology student viewpoint, i love this kind of poo poo, and it also had some very nice story writing with some of the sentient species/characters at the end :unsmith:

https://sites.google.com/site/worldofserina/home

Bird pupae, or as I call it, "Eggs: The Sequel"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/kenpenders/status/1546271817878237184?s=21&t=ftJzimozDQIqF4yHi9vteg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The one time where twitter cropping images is good.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wanna see the other 83 sketches

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, a game that was just on sale for 75% off a few days ago, has been completely removed from Steam. You cannot redownload it, and you cannot play it even if you have it downloaded starting September 1.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why would they

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's "liberated" all right... your money from your wallets!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Usually when something like this happens, it's a music license, but I don't think AC uses licensed music, and it was super sudden for something like that.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's drm servers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any chance of ubisoft actually doing anything about this poo poo? Has ubisoft done anything to try and handle this kind of backlash in the past?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they don't issue full refunds for every copy sold this is theft (no I don't care what Steams TOS say). You are morally obligated to steal from Ubisoft from now on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1546465154333908992

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I've seen people talk about Copperbell Mines but Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak has to be the most boring dungeon in the whole game. A long straight corridor, just two identitical sub bosses with one boring mechanic between them and a final boss that tops out at fine. At least the Black Robe dudes showed up again to wave their ~*eeeevil*~ fingers at me! Then I rescued the elder sylph, promptly tweaked out again and saw Nero laying down a ton of sick burns :allears:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 11, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I've seen people talk about Copperbell Mines but Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak has to be the most boring dungeon in the whole game. A long straight corridor, just two identitical sub bosses with one boring mechanic between them and a final boss that tops out at fine. At least the Black Robe dudes showed up again to wave their ~*eeeevil*~ fingers at me!

The current post-6.1 Toto-Rak is a victim of them having to redo an otherwise nearly unsalvageable previous dungeon on a short timeline. Toto-Rak was originally cobbled together from a 1.0 version of the dungeon, and it consequently had several outdated bits of design (branching paths that led to the same place, side rooms with nothing but underwhelming chests, and an extremely confusing mechanic where you had to collect these Photocells to move past each boss), as well as a half-implemented idea where the last third of the dungeon was filled with a bunch of goop that did nothing except slow you down while you ran into exploding poison sacs. What you see now is an almost completely new map with all the cruft removed, but without the time needed to make a lot of new assets, so it feels kinda straightforward and bland.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i wonder how much of a pain in the rear end it'd be to see whats up with my old account in FF14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow a lot of people also used the name Josephine Joestar those fuckers