Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Lisbeth

Wenduag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Lisbeth and Lann

eerie rat rantsona
Jul 6, 2022
Lisbeth and Lann

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I don't think it's actually a good choice for LP purposes, but I just want to point out for posterity's sake that there's an (evil) path where you turn into a giant swarm of bugs, and I think that's Neat.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I found it interesting that Kiyomi, while a cleric, has higher Dex than Wis. Is there an optimisation reason for this that I cannot see?

it looks Unoptimal to me and my shadow council of elitist nerds. there's 2 party members that do archery better anyway (because they loving cheat. Lann has 34 PB, [REDACTED] has literally like 70+!!). and also wenduag exists. it's still capable of getting guarded hearth so it's automatically usable, but ehhh (and GH is better with higher wis anyway). odd stat numbers are eh and if it were me i'd swap dex and wis or something. or put anything into constitution lol. but!! i I can't complain too much because a cleric is a fuckin' cleric, this one can get level 9 spells eventually and the cleric the game gives you has absolutely heinous feat choices anyway so even the slightest bit of good decisionmaking can outclass him. good lord his feats are bad.

Pressli's stat allocation is like Legitimately Confusing though, for multiple reasons. i beg of you, please do not spend more PB on intelligence than charisma as a sorcerer. augh! you don't need that much int at all please also dont dumpster your dexterity. initiative is the best stat in the game, AC is good, and being able to hit things with ray spells is what some in the business would call "convenient". only having 10 con feels sad as well, and I think you could dumpster STR even lower? i actually don't know how you have 7 dex when halflings have +2 dex racially, but I don't have the game installed atm to check if it lets you drop stats to 5 pre-racial bonus or not and I don't exactly remember how WotR's point buy works. also the odd stat in charisma still makes me sad.

lisbeth's stats are fine i guess. i still don't like the odd dex and if i had my way there'd be a cha dump for more constitution or dex or something, but i sure as poo poo went for persuasion on my first run too for the exact same reason you did so I am legally not allowed to throw stones. turns out roleplaying IS legal in a roleplaying game. picking deceitful as your level 1 feat does hurt me though, spiritually. zenic seems fiiine (odd stats!!!) for a Me Hit fighter type, though I don't entirely know how she's going to transition to being a gish with those mental stats? But I didn't do lich playthrough myself (so I may be forgetting huge casting stat bonuses or something), I watched a friend do it and holy lord is gish lich extremely, hilariously strong though. lich in general is strong, realy, and has at least one "crash the game with sheer numbers" tier ability in some situations. or did before patches, at least, it may have changed. so things would probably be fine.

anyway enough being an rear end in a top hat about crunch in a game that absolutely does not need to be minmax'd, tell me to stfu if this is annoying. Lann because he's an absolute loving killing machine who's usually a cool guy. lean azata because it slaps hard and gets to do something Extremely Funny way later that makes everything worth it and also my playthrough was already angel and i'm selfish. aaand Kiyomi because she's growing on me the more i think about it. shoot people to death for God.

i'm really surprised by how much wenduag voting there is! are folks goign for her b/c they've already done lann in their own playthroughs or does she just seem cooler?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I have seen Lann, but in this case she's just better fit for Lisbeth. Lann would be for the more pleasant options.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

:ssh: Odd stats are because there's 5 stat points you earn by leveling. Starting with an odd number means you end on an even one.

EDIT: I do appreciate the feedback on my builds, though! It's legitimately very helpful to get that sort of information. So thank you!

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 11, 2022

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Kiyomi and Lann

While Lisbeth is fine, I want to see the Angel Path. Also sad that you don't have a character for the Azata path. Lann because I do not like Wenduag for reasons as we will see later.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Kiyomi, Lann.

I've never seen the Angel path, so I'm really interested in that. Also kitsune's are great.

I find both Lann and Wenduag boring, Lann for obvious reasons, but Wenduag's whole strength thing is the same boring evil stuff I've seen a million times before. Lann is just a better unit by default, and is a lot less eye-roll-inducing as a character.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Lisbeth and Wenduag

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i'm really surprised by how much wenduag voting there is! are folks goign for her b/c they've already done lann in their own playthroughs or does she just seem cooler?

I’ve heard “Thanks, Lann! No problem, Lann!” enough to want to throw that man out the window. :colbert:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Kiyomi and Lann

Yusin
Mar 4, 2021

Kiyomi, Lann

I also like foxes

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Everyone plays Azata the first time, so it makes sense it's not an option this time around.

If you encounter someone who doesn't play Azata the first time, suspect them. They ain't right.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Everyone plays Azata the first time, so it makes sense it's not an option this time around.

If you encounter someone who doesn't play Azata the first time, suspect them. They ain't right.

:ohdear: I played angel my first time. Azata was my second game.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

wiegieman posted:

I can confirm as a Demon player who is now (slowly) going through Trickster, that we are not right at all. :v:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

As someone who knew about the Lann/Wendy split from the beta, but not the actual details, Wendy comes off way better than I thought. I assumed not showing the light would be some hurf durf obviously evil thing, but Wendy does have a point

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

As someone who knew about the Lann/Wendy split from the beta, but not the actual details, Wendy comes off way better than I thought. I assumed not showing the light would be some hurf durf obviously evil thing, but Wendy does have a point

It is however because of super evil stuff.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I did Angel first time. My character creation god choice screwed me over and could never get close enough to chaotic good for azata. Angel has some real Fascistadin vibes sometimes :(

Lisbeth, Wendy

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

I'm really surprised by how much wenduag voting there is! are folks goign for her b/c they've already done lann in their own playthroughs or does she just seem cooler?

Ranged fighters are fun. That is all.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

TeeQueue posted:

I’ve heard “Thanks, Lann! No problem, Lann!” enough to want to throw that man out the window. :colbert:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Thanks Lann! You’re so awesome, Lann!

Lann is the only one who thinks he is awesome.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

okay yeah that's fair

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Azata is only lolrandom if you deliberately choose those options. It has some silliness but it's mostly very adventurous and a bit whimsical.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'll refrain from voting because I honestly don't have a preference here as far the LP goes. But I'll just chime in that I was pretty disappointed with Wenduag, because she's voiced by Amelia Tyler whose other voice work I really like a lot, but then she does this odd affectation in this role and the character is pretty unlikable, too. I'll still be picking her instead of Lann the next time I play this, though, just to change things up.

I almost picked Aeon in my first game because the theme music is absolutely gorgeous, but then I saw that the Azata gets a pet dragon. Also my character was a Chaotic Good Warpriest of Cayden Cailean (god of freedom, adventure and alcohol), so, yeah. Zero regrets, had an absolute blast.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 11, 2022

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I admit that I'm pretty torn between Kiyomi and Lisbeth. Kitsune are cool, but I also want to see the trickster playthrough. Ultimately, I think I'm gonna go with Lisbeth and play an azata kitsune wizard when I get the game myself.

It seems like it'd be more fun to poo poo on Lann than to go along with whatever Wenduag's got going on.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Lann is basically just more self-deprecating Sokka

E: Kiyomi and Lann

Galick fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 11, 2022

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I really like that there's so much back and forth between both Kiyomi and Lisbeth, as well as Lann and Wendy to a lesser extent. When I went to bed, there were only 5 votes between the fox and the elf. And while that gap has widened, it's still a close vote!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

achtungnight posted:

Thanks Lann! You’re so awesome, Lann!

Lann is the only one who thinks he is awesome.

Lann is super weird as a character cause he's written like the classic Neutral Good "fun" sidekick (like Alistair in DA:O or Eder in Pillars of Eternity) but he is Lawful Neutral. His characterization is a bit all over the place.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Slaan posted:

I did Angel first time. My character creation god choice screwed me over and could never get close enough to chaotic good for azata. Angel has some real Fascistadin vibes sometimes :(

You don't need the alignment to take a mythic path, the game helps with that. Just.. be prepared to lose class features if you're a paladin going demon or lich. Or.. any non-LG path, now that I think about it.

I personally really don't like Lann, but that's a whole other rant for a whole other time.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Wendaug because I have also heard enough "Thanks Lann" to last a lifetime.

Coinflip between Lisbeth and Kiyomi dictates that I vote Lisbeth

comicfan92
Aug 30, 2018
Kiyomi. I like nice fox ladies.

Lann. While I could appreciate Wendy's views at first, it quickly goes down evil town.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Lisbeth and Lann

Deki fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 12, 2022

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Lisbeth and Wenduag

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Lisbeth because we've already been playing as/characterizing her, Wenduag because she's actually interesting and pronably won't assume Lisbeth's into her just from talking a couple times.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
Lisbeth and take Wenduag!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I'm gonna be closing voting in a little less than three hours. So you have until 3:30 PM EST to get your last minute votes in or change your mind!

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Lann is super weird as a character cause he's written like the classic Neutral Good "fun" sidekick (like Alistair in DA:O or Eder in Pillars of Eternity) but he is Lawful Neutral. His characterization is a bit all over the place.

Eh it fits his characterisation later on, he's a pretty hard line and strict dude and not in a merciful way either

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Zeniel posted:

Eh it fits his characterisation later on, he's a pretty hard line and strict dude and not in a merciful way either

Yeah what I'm saying is that his generic banter is all carefree and "funny" while his decision making is in line with his LN alignment, so there's quite the disconnect between "regular Lann" and "actual gameplay consequences Lann".

There's a reason why LN is normally reserved for dour bureocrats at best and literal embodiments of the Law as written at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Kiyomi and Lann.