Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That ad owns. There are worse options than Death Cloud I suppose...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Now let me tell you about why the card Invoke Prejudice is not that bad

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
*Windmill slamming my 2/2*
SERFS UP DUDES!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh boy oh boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LXp2t0VXA4&hd=1

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/tcgplayer-to-acquire-channelfireball-and-binderpos-1031578744
TCGPlayer bought ChannelFireball.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

RIP anyone that works at CFB still.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
It's all coming up John Corpora

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

God I just fuckin’ love monopolies

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LSV and the founders must have cashed out bigly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it would be cool if tcgplayer actually improved their stupid site to be able to search subsections of individual sets, if they're going to be The One And Only.

I'd like to search for only showcase cards in quad masters for example, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in their store. searching for them still brings up the entire set anyways.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Captain Invictus posted:

it would be cool if tcgplayer actually improved their stupid site to be able to search subsections of individual sets, if they're going to be The One And Only.

I'd like to search for only showcase cards in quad masters for example, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that in their store. searching for them still brings up the entire set anyways.

Have you told them that?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
The best way to do that might be to figure out the collector number range for showcases from scryfall then search by collector number on tcgplayer. If they don't allow you to search by that then welp lol. I think they do because I remember when they finally allowed you to search for different swamps within the same set at one point.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I do t know about Bigly but I imagine high 6 or low 7 figures.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mcmagic posted:

If this has been in the works for a while it's no wonder LSV didn't give a poo poo about completely tanking his brand with crypto garbage.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Captain Invictus posted:

This specific search can be done by searching “borderless” and then filtering by set. Though that may not catch the Liliana card.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Captain Invictus posted:

Can't you just search for (Showcase) or (Borderless) and then filter by the set you want?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Captain Invictus posted:

https://www.tcgplayer.com/search/magic/product?productLineName=magic&q=%28borderless%29&view=grid

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd love to crack open a few packs of Double Masters for the fun of gambling, but individual packs are still so expensive lol.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

If this has been in the works for a while it's no wonder LSV didn't give a poo poo about completely tanking his brand with crypto garbage.

Honestly it was a little gross that cheating on his wife didn’t tank it already

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

I wish TCGPlayer would show variants of a card when you search for it, instead of siloing it off into it's own freaking product page. If I'm looking for a card, I wanna see the price for regular, borderless, retro frame, etc so I can compare prices and decide whether the bling is worth it!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If you don't mind using an app, Manabox does that. When you first download it you can set it to the store you prefer.

Clicking thr vertical ellipses will take you to the cards store page.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly it was a little gross that cheating on his wife didn’t tank it already

The PR turnaround had after that was incredible. "New dad" to "Going out with a hot young streamer!" without missing a beat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd love to crack open a few packs of Double Masters for the fun of gambling, but individual packs are still so expensive lol.

They aren't going down!!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.trollandtoad.com

Is a nice alternative to TCG and CFB. So now it's just the two huge sites of Card Kingdom and TCGplayer? I wish TCGplayer would work on refining their goddamn camera app.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jiro posted:

https://www.trollandtoad.com

Is a nice alternative to TCG and CFB. So now it's just the two huge sites of Card Kingdom and TCGplayer? I wish TCGplayer would work on refining their goddamn camera app.

I am fairly certain that the creator of that company is known for being a giant rip off artist of MTG.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sickening posted:

I am fairly certain that the creator of that company is known for being a giant rip off artist of MTG.

Aw gently caress really? Goddamnit.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
There is no such thing as an ethical middleman under capitalism

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

MonsieurChoc posted:

They are. But if you have money to throw at gambling on cardboard and want to do it for this set, better to do it now, I think.

I ended up buying another single pack a few days after my box opening and lucked into a Concordant Crossroads and a borderless Pithing Needle. For whatever bulk is in the set, there are some very cool things you can pull.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I usually order from card kingdom because I don’t like getting cards from 20 different places to make a deck, even if it’s slightly more expensive

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1546512427382149120?s=20&t=1-p-8ORajJtp8taRisnwgA
Makes it look like the buyout of BinderPOS is the more harmful thing to independent stores then the consolidation of TCGplayer and CFB storefronts.

neaden fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 11, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what the hell, I literally put in borderless in the search bar, sorted by double masters 2022, and it brought up the entire set before.

weird. now it works.

neaden posted:

https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1546512427382149120?s=20&t=1-p-8ORajJtp8taRisnwgA
Makes it look like the buyout of BinderPOS is the more harmful thing to independent stores then the consolidation of TCGplayer and CFB storefronts.
these sorts of mergers always gently caress over the little guy, it's not surprising

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not sure what other stuff is currently on sale but amazon has Unsanctioned for 40 bucks instead of 60. dunno if that's worth it or not but I've always been curious about it so I'm gonna pick up a copy.

they also have the brand new intro deck pair for 10 bucks, down from 15, which includes a code for both decks to get them on arena. more mtg products need arena-related stuff imo

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/twinkbride/status/1546225145064423425

im in this tweet and i dont like it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I bought one (1) 2X2 pack and am pleased to report that the foils?
They're flat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

I bought one (1) 2X2 pack and am pleased to report that the foils?
They're flat.

Now they are. Lets see what they look like in a month

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if i've learned anything from this thread over the last few days it's that you should keep them in a binder if you want them flat

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

Now they are. Lets see what they look like in a month

IME they were being pulled from the pack bent in half. So pulling a flat one is an improvement.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/gavinverhey/status/1546878820975710208?s=21&t=XwLCsTzRu8g6Z5hgCIQi6Q

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Where's the Bane!?
I need the bane, Gavin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is just, nobody opening the sets on MODO so all the commons cost $10 each?