Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Sams trip report: Bought a house brand polo shirt for less than $9 that is pretty good quality. Fits large because 'murica but at Uniqlo the same thing would have cost double.

Also the pre-made mashed potatoes are very good.

User name post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Sams trip report: Bought a house brand polo shirt for less than $9 that is pretty good quality. Fits large because 'murica but at Uniqlo the same thing would have cost double.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Been eating the kimchi out of the jar by the forkful today
Kinda spicy, kinda fizzy, so so good

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is that $400 mountain bike they got any good? Just tryna cruise around, not do any serious mountain biking. I mean until I start doing serious mountain biking and start upgrading all of the components when I should really get a whole new bike but will feel guilty about all the work I put into the upgrades and won't want to get rid of it despite lacking space.

Anyway, I just want to cruise around the park with my kid on something more comfortable.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

I get the membership with my health plan, my Medicaid insurer was nice enough to give a membership to people on Poor People's Health Plans around here.

I'd dual wield (and once used to, as I talked about) except for the whole Being Poor thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Craptacular! posted:

I get the membership with my health plan, they were nice enough to give a membership to people on Poor People's Insurance around here.

I'd dual wield (and once used to) except for the whole Being Poor thing.

Well that's very nice of your employer but I'm sure you must know that Sam's Club (owned by walmart) and Costco are two entirely different companies and their buildings take up different physical places in space.

This thread is for Costco. One of those two companies. Not the other.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

idiot store for shitheads

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Hell yeah dude, Sam's loving owns bones. Keep us updated on any other Sam's Happenings, or as I call them Samsppenings.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Is that $400 mountain bike they got any good? Just tryna cruise around, not do any serious mountain biking. I mean until I start doing serious mountain biking and start upgrading all of the components when I should really get a whole new bike but will feel guilty about all the work I put into the upgrades and won't want to get rid of it despite lacking space.

Anyway, I just want to cruise around the park with my kid on something more comfortable.

I don’t know much about bikes but people in the Slickdeals thread says is has decent components for the price, a bit of a step up from Target or other sporting goods bikes.

They’re also cheaper in store, I think I saw them at $339 local? Could be wrong.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Do not waste money upgrading a $400 mountain bike please.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

counterpoint: spend $600 making a $400 mountain bike perform like a $500 bike

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They have/had a deal for $8 membership for Sam's. The only thing I found that was good were their garlic butter, sliced bleu cheese, and soft pretzels. Everything else was pretty meh.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Do not waste money upgrading a $400 mountain bike please.

It's less about upgrading a $400 bike and more about hiding from my family in my garage.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

It's less about upgrading a $400 bike and more about hiding from my family in my garage.

very acceptable then

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Do you have a link? It's not showing up for me locally and I'm curious what the bike looks like, as I'm trying to find something for my girlfriend to do light trail riding with.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Do you have a link? It's not showing up for me locally and I'm curious what the bike looks like, as I'm trying to find something for my girlfriend to do light trail riding with.

https://www.costco.com/northrock-xc27-mountain-bike.product.100706259.html

Apparently owned by Giant but only sold through Costco?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
We went Saturday at 9:30am and it was a MUCH better experience. There were still plenty of shoppers, but it wasn't nearly as hectic.

I think it also helped that we had basically done a scouting mission the first time, so we knew where everything was. We hit the stuff we knew we needed first, then browsed for a bit and bounced when it started getting busier.

Got a first aid kit!

And a massive bottle of generic Benadryl!

And... meat! So much meat!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Specs match up with a decent entry level mountain bike, you'd be able to handle trail riding no problem and even some light mountain biking. That's a pretty nice bike for the price, just wish it was in stock for me!!!

Edit - and if you keep it clean and lube it regularly, that thing will last a long, long time. Pretty good price imo!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

thanks for the Liquid IV rec goons, that poo poo is great. lemon/lime a classic, prob try a new flavour when i go to a new (gasp!) Costco this thursday

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chinatown posted:

idiot store for shitheads

There's only two things Sam's is good for over Costco.

1. Scan and Go
2. (extremely limited and niche) Artificial Christmas tree variety and pricing.

That's it.

On topic for Costco, the "Member Savings Days" are kind of laughable right now. A lot of the tech stuff is the exact same price you can get anywhere else.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gently caress Sam's club

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I've never been to Sam's club how is their kimchi

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

On topic for Costco, the "Member Savings Days" are kind of laughable right now. A lot of the tech stuff is the exact same price you can get anywhere else.

Some doofus marketing executive is like "lets have some sort of sale every day" to justify their existence. It just leads to marking their emails as spam because its never worth the time to look at.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Smugworth posted:

Like just eat it out of the jar good

Any other way of eating kimchi besides straight out of the jar is inferior. No need for those extra steps to separate you from maximum velocity kimchi delivery into your piehole

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

jisforjosh posted:

There's only two things Sam's is good for over Costco.

1. Scan and Go
2. (extremely limited and niche) Artificial Christmas tree variety and pricing.

That's it.

also the fact that sam's website actually works and correctly shows prices and items in stock in store etc.

sam's is light years ahead of costco in terms of tech and it's extremely embarrassing for costco

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I've never been to Sam's club how is their kimchi

:boom:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smugworth posted:

The Jongga kimchi at Costco is really good

Its one of the few items at costco where I wish the jar was bigger

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco is better than Sams because I’ve never got a tugger in the Sams mens room.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

TraderStav posted:

This eggwich sandwiches are my breakfast every day. Quality purchase

Mine too if you talking about the Red's ones. I just add a little pepper to them. They changed them in the last year or so to use better cheese too.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
motherfucker I forgot to get more 505 last time

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

Costco is better than Sams because I’ve never got a tugger in the Sams mens room.

The church provides.

$1.50 for a squeaker in the men's bathroom. With (1) refill.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

craving a huge tub of kimchi now thanks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

craving a huge tub of kimchi now thanks

Kimchi is so good right

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

also the fact that sam's website actually works and correctly shows prices and items in stock in store etc.

sam's is light years ahead of costco in terms of tech and it's extremely embarrassing for costco

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

why hire a team of expensive developers in the seattle area for a lot of money to give people the opportunity to buy a single item online when you can force your loyal customers to continue going to brick and mortar stores where they accidentally buy over $100 worth of stuff

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol accidentally

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Welp. There was a big stack of those bikes on Saturday and today they're gone.

Edit - out of stock online too? Wtf

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 12, 2022

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I am currently bag-tilt-consuming a satchel of ranch parm crisp snack mix because I am a disgusting manchild and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Costco owns

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

AlphaKeny1 posted:

why hire a team of expensive developers in the seattle area for a lot of money to give people the opportunity to buy a single item online when you can force your loyal customers to continue going to brick and mortar stores where they accidentally buy over $100 worth of stuff

hey if it works it works

who here hasn't left costco with at least one item they didn't plan on buying but bought anyway?

nobody, because it always works

I expect someone to post about how they stayed exactly on list and I don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Lol, I went in to Costco to buy gummy bears and walked out with a Segway Ninebot Max G30LP.