Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Plenty of companies make knock-off Cane's/Zaxby's sauces now. Just scan the condiment aisles of your local stores for a salmon-colored creamy sauce that name-drops chicken fingers/tenders on the label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hot take: the sauce is “fine” and something with more heat is better.

On the scale of “agreeable, low spice children’s menu, fast and hot” they nail it. But it’s pretty drat boring compared to a bunch of similarly priced competitors.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

The sauce is basically just remoulade. It's okay. The strength of Raising Cane's is the same as Chik-fil-a, they're kind of boring but they have pretty consistent quality.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mlmp08 posted:

Hot take: the sauce is “fine” and something with more heat is better.

In college we used to mix their sauce with hot sauce, it was amazing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

In college we used to mix their sauce with hot sauce, it was amazing.

Yeah, whenever I get it, I hot sauce the chicken and then dip or just dump hot sauce directly in dip.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Consummate Professional posted:

I sometimes turn off Get Played, a show I love and listen to every week, when Nick just gets on one about something. Imagine sitting next to him at the DMV and saying "wow, this traffic, huh?" on accident

I love Nick and Mitch because they are the complete Goon spectrum.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Jeremor posted:

The sauce is basically just remoulade.

Thanks, filing this with aioli under "super mayonnaise"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Minor Arby's life hack: their crinkle fries are good. If you roll up at 1 am and order crinkle fries they usually have to make them fresh for you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jeremor posted:

The sauce is basically just remoulade. It's okay. The strength of Raising Cane's is the same as Chik-fil-a, they're kind of boring but they have pretty consistent quality.

yea at least Cane's isn't run by a weird christo-fascist where half the draw is how servile the workers have to behave for you so I guess I'm alright with people in my part of the country being obsessed with that more than Chik-fil-a but it's the same sort of 'this is completely mediocre but done consistently and reliably every time' chicken, just instead of pretending they revolutionized things by doing a pickle brine Cane's pretends they invented remoulade sauce.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i really love a "also I have covid" reveal after 90 minutes of the guest saying the food did not have any flavor

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

Plenty of companies make knock-off Cane's/Zaxby's sauces now. Just scan the condiment aisles of your local stores for a salmon-colored creamy sauce that name-drops chicken fingers/tenders on the label.

it's easy to make at home by mixing ketchup, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Cloks posted:

it's easy to make at home by mixing ketchup, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce

Mitch would quit halfway through this recipe

Wiger would accidentally do it by knocking everything into a bowl

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wiger wouldn't make it, what would he even dip in it? He hates fries.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Dip some warm lettuce in there. yum

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

Dip some warm lettuce in there. yum

it's gud!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Analytic Engine posted:

Mitch would quit halfway through this recipe

Wiger would accidentally do it by knocking everything into a bowl

Mitch pulls a ‘Dave from The Boogie Monster’ and accidentally burns down his father in law’s cabin while attempting the recipe.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Having flashbacks to whichever guests were like “this food sucks because we ordered it delivery and the sauce was cold. We though of rehearing the sauce, but no, we ate it cold and hated it.”

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

mlmp08 posted:

Having flashbacks to whichever guests were like “this food sucks because we ordered it delivery and the sauce was cold. We though of rehearing the sauce, but no, we ate it cold and hated it.”

Crindee posted:

Four grown adults eating ice cold marinara at home and complaining about it because the container didn't tell them they were allowed to heat it up. I'm yelling at my phone like a maniac.

Nick and Mitch also complained about their bad cold sauce but we already knew they were incompetent manchildren, I think the guests were David Neher and Marisa Pinson who have actual children together that they are in charge of keeping alive

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Remember the guy who used Doordash and got a burrito from Chipotle that was just rice

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

mlmp08 posted:

I don’t think it’s what you are thinking of but I believe MOD Pizza was something they picked up and reheated and didn’t like much.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

did not care for the guest. repeatedly amused with himself in a very obnoxious way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

R. Guyovich posted:

did not care for the guest. repeatedly amused with himself in a very obnoxious way

this is an interesting complaint cause I feel like it’s true for 85% of guests but for some reason it just wasn’t endearing with this guy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I love John Early, so in my biased opinion, John Early owns.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Very anxious to see John Early and Claudia O'Doherty fight it out to be best guest

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

Binowru posted:

Very anxious to see John Early and Claudia O'Doherty fight it out to be best guest

based entirely on Doughboys guest spots, we can conclude Claudia is strong-willed and magnanimous while John is strong-willed and narcissistic

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Took a long break from the podcast a couple years ago and recently started relistening.

Idk if they talked about this at any point over the course of the pandemic or if anyone here can even answer this, but do they plan to do the podcast over Zoom for the indefinite future, or are they planning on getting the boys and their guests in the same room again at some point? I've mostly just been listening to the live shows recently because the conversation flows so much better when there's not a second or two delay between each interaction.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

ninjahedgehog posted:

Took a long break from the podcast a couple years ago and recently started relistening.

Idk if they talked about this at any point over the course of the pandemic or if anyone here can even answer this, but do they plan to do the podcast over Zoom for the indefinite future, or are they planning on getting the boys and their guests in the same room again at some point? I've mostly just been listening to the live shows recently because the conversation flows so much better when there's not a second or two delay between each interaction.

If they planned to it was probably slowed down when those last live shows gave both hosts covid.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Mitch basically lives with his mum for 6 months of the year and seems to be filming stuff for 2-3 months.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Consummate Professional posted:

Mitch basically lives with his mum for 6 months of the year and seems to be filming stuff for 2-3 months.

I can't wait for Mitch to get a significant other just for the "So, how often do you mix their name with your Mom's?" jokes.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Marsupial Ape posted:

I can't wait for Mitch to get a significant other just for the "So, how often do you mix their name with your Mom's?" jokes.

They’d hide it like John lennon’s first marriage.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

0konner posted:

They’d hide it like John lennon’s first marriage.

Actually, Mike's not filming a TV series. Mitch got knocked up and Nick sent him to live with relatives until the shame baby is born. That's what my grandmother did to my mom!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wolly and Irma erasure here

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mitch is a gud guest on today's Talking Simpsons podcast for Lisa's Pony. Bob "Bobservo" Mackey and Henry Gilbert have hosted every other Earwolf / UCB / Simpsons dork in LA and it was about time old Spoonman brought the cool jock nerd energy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Analytic Engine posted:

Spoonman brought the cool jock nerd energy

lol

Mitch does have extreme “double session” vibes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Goddamnit stop reviewing burger king.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BK is back!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is a very funny ep.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The idea that mitch has a friend visiting every baseball stadium but then was like “100 dollars to see Red Sox Yankees is too much” is very funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Goddamnit stop reviewing burger king.

when BK stops coming back they will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Episode spoiler