Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll cop to seeing that as I was eating breakfast and going to check.

At least I didn't tell the kids to be excited for it when they got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Huxley posted:

I'll cop to seeing that as I was eating breakfast and going to check.

At least I didn't tell the kids to be excited for it when they got home.

I literally mentioned it to my kids this morning. :negative:

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Someone ordered a Switch Pro on my Amazon account should I authorize this purchase

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

The Postman posted:

Someone ordered a Switch Pro on my Amazon account should I authorize this purchase

Make sure you check the shipping address.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Switch pro is $450 so be wary if the price
Is different, and be sure they mention the special commemorative placard depicting Mario waving the Ukrainian flag that comes with every preorder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Postman posted:

yes

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dang your kids got owned. The people that run these fake accounts are such losers, trolling and scamming people is bottom feeder poo poo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

flavor.flv posted:

Why put that much effort into a pointless lie? Can you turn around and sell the account if it gets enough retweets or something?

I'd understand if it was at least funny

You can

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flavor.flv posted:

Why put that much effort into a pointless lie? Can you turn around and sell the account if it gets enough retweets or something?

I'd understand if it was at least funny

I've had jokey Twitter accounts I follow (think like, bad real estate photos or something) disappear without me noticing for a year then all of a sudden I'm following some crypto shill bullshit (because bad real estate guy got offered a few hundred bucks for a 1M follower account he hasn't logged into for a year).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
What I love about the Switch--even the most intense games can be healing

:kimchi:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Finally started playing soul blazer on my anbernic 351p. Not the strongest device but I love the form factor and it's absolutely perfect for GBA. Works great for SNES too, whereas every other new release from anbernic and others seem to have inferior ergonomics or just don't look as visually appealing

Anyways this game are sick

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

We've been trying to reach you about your Nintendo's extended warranty

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle! posted:

We've been trying to reach you about your Nintendo's extended warranty

I already removed the matte finish, am I still eligible?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bake at 275 degrees for twenty minutes to restore the matte finish

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Finally started playing soul blazer on my anbernic 351p. Not the strongest device but I love the form factor and it's absolutely perfect for GBA. Works great for SNES too, whereas every other new release from anbernic and others seem to have inferior ergonomics or just don't look as visually appealing

not sure what this has to do with the nintendo switch OP ...?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

Just hack a 3DS you weirdo.

Soul Blazer ftw though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Read After Burning posted:

Lego City Undercover is on sale for $6 or so. I know folks enjoyed it, so while checking out some gameplay footage, I saw a pedestrian run out of the way of your car and smack his big dumb plastic head against a wall, which immediately sold the game to me. :getin:

How is the performance on this?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

American McGay posted:

Just hack a 3DS you weirdo.

Soul Blazer ftw though.

Yeah I have that too but the screen is much nicer on this device, It's such an awesome little piece of hardware, controls feel really great too!

As for soul blazer It's really interesting to see how much modern action RPG DNA it has, or I guess rather how much classic DNA has been retained by modern games like Elden Ring. Just slashing beasts unlocking villagers in the first dungeon for now, but this feels great

An Actual Princess posted:

not sure what this has to do with the nintendo switch OP ...?

It's a super Nintendo game, not my fault it's not on the official SNES app! It's supposed to be excellent so I'm excited to dive in more after work

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 11, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

bushisms.txt posted:

I have broken eyes, so I'm not really the person to ask about FPS drops or other performance things. :ohdear: I'll try to actually pay attention next time I play, though!

However, I do see Nintendo Life mentioned the performance tanks in handheld mode, if that's important to you (I only play docked, like a monster).

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lego City Undercover is an amazing game but good god do the loading screens suck.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

bushisms.txt posted:

Unless it has been patched in the last 3 years it's got the same problem as the WiiU version, very, very long load times whenever you go into and out of missions

Still real fun and well worth $10 or whatever the price

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

Lego City Undercover is an amazing game but good god do the loading screens suck.

yeah this

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I heard a lot of folks saying the Klonoa remasters were terrible, and then I looked it up and apparently terrible meant "sometimes drops from 60fps to 55fps"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i have not seen a single person say that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe it was in the failstation thread

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
$6 is well worth it for me to giggle at Lego men CTE'ing themselves. :colbert:

So, thread: I need to focus on a good ol' JRPG before bed, and my two contenders are DQXI or Pokemon SW/SH (I'm still close to the beginning in both games). I know DQXI is the more popular option around here and it's definitely the more "cozy bedtime vibes" of the two, but on the other hand, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet is coming out in a few months...I may just flip a coin, ha.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I was talking about other places but if we really want to get pedantic about whether it was in this thread,

worms butthole guy posted:

It's a shame these ports are god awful and apparently really bad on Switch, because Klonoa deserves better

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I mean I never played the originals so I can't really speak for how faithful the remake is
it's pretty fun though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bleck posted:

I was talking about other places but if we really want to get pedantic about whether it was in this thread,

everyone has that freak on ignore so that’s why nobody sore it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

LuckyCat posted:

yuuuuuuup

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

I would pwn you right now but I can’t blame you for glazing over every single Fixins post.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Augus posted:

I mean I never played the originals so I can't really speak for how faithful the remake is

The only thing I'm sad about, before even buying the new thing, is that I know that it's a remaster of the Wii remake of the first game instead of the original - the Wii version is all 3D, but the original version was one of those games where all of the environments are 3D but all of the characters are sprites, which I think is nice and charming. I think more games should have that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Glad the reverse polygonal characters in flat sprite environments died with the NSMB series

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rolled credits on Kirby. That game's just about perfect huh?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LuckyCat posted:

i want to play a lego game and i don't mind loading screens if the game runs fine but if it runs like garbage in handheld mode that's a different story...

they should put the old lego games that were good on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

wuggles posted:

Rolled credits on Kirby. That game's just about perfect huh?
It truly is. And I hope you mean “rolled credits for the 3rd time”.