Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
e: dangit wrong marvel game

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

e: dangit wrong marvel game

Lol it still could have fit here.

Anyone beating down Dormammu yet? I'm trying to learn him solo before I go in a group. My highest damage character (Moonstone, who shreds Knull and Mephisto) does 2 bars of damage when her awakening is up, 1 bar every other rotation. His attacks are easy to dodge so far now that I know the tells but I won't beat the timer at this rate. I only have 9% pierce but I'm think I read that he is immune to pierce, in his second phase if not his first.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can’t even dent him. I’ve tried a bunch of times with different combos hoping I’d just get carried by someone who knew what they were doing. But it’s always the same pounding against a wall.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bagrada posted:

Lol it still could have fit here.

Anyone beating down Dormammu yet? I'm trying to learn him solo before I go in a group. My highest damage character (Moonstone, who shreds Knull and Mephisto) does 2 bars of damage when her awakening is up, 1 bar every other rotation. His attacks are easy to dodge so far now that I know the tells but I won't beat the timer at this rate. I only have 9% pierce but I'm think I read that he is immune to pierce, in his second phase if not his first.

How much pierce do you have and which CTP do you have on Moonstone? Those could be the two big things holding you back.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Dave posted:

How much pierce do you have and which CTP do you have on Moonstone? Those could be the two big things holding you back.

Just checked, I'm only at 6% pierce (forgot it was only 2% per 3*), and I have a 200% regular CTP of energy on her. That's been enough to annihilate level 2 Knull and Mephisto as well as the older GBRs but I haven't tried Ultron yet and as mentioned I'm only tickling Dormammu.

I do probably need to get up to speed on some newer stuff. I have Dr. Strange and Thena built up with 4* artifacts for instance but I need to figure out their rotations and best teams. I still have little idea what instinct is and I'm embarrassed to ask now. I did see someone mention that there are 4 flavors that depend on the background (human/alien/bad/good) and you get bonuses for using the same type, and I think I might have to start working on collections in the Shield Archive since my instinct bonuses in there are 0.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my bad I was getting Mammu confused with Mephisto. I stopped playing awhile ago so I missed all this newer stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i've tried running a Domm COOP boss once a day and even with 2 Mephiston's besides my Thena/Cersei/Makkari team we could barely dent him before the timer ran out. Shits hard yo.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Guess this patch was a mess, not letting people on android finish the patch for hours after the game came back up.

Marvel Hebrons is down to just ~5 of us logging in daily and I somehow got lead. Does anyone else want it? I've been thinking of either dropping and looking for a more active guild for dimension rifts, or just quitting the game once my crystal sub runs out. I've finished my long term goals in the game and I'm not really feeling T4 or a lot of the newer/repurposed content. I'll be getting a new phone in a month or two and might just not reinstall the game.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Might make sense to combine with Doctor Goons. Think there's maybe a dozen active in that group right now.

Don't blame you or anyone else for not being jazzed over the direction of the game.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
I still enjoy playing Dolly Dress-Up with the new uniforms, but my interest in dealing with Artifacts and T-4 is minimal at best. I wish there was replay value in Legendary Missions, those are fun

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I agree with all of the above statements. I also hit a breakpoint with the new version of the co-op missions taking so long to complete. My phone was autorunning those missions in addition to story missions, timeline battles, and dimension missions for several hours a day. Although the introduction of the battery saver mode was positive, when my inventory would fill up, I would not get a notification. It would appear that it was still autorunning when in fact it stopped in the background due to my inventory constantly filling up. I would need to exit the auto run manually and then spend several minutes combining or selling garbage norn stones, 1 star comic cards, and custom gears. Oh, that and the daily tasks to combine and craft stuff every day is a huge chore.

The introduction of tier 4 happened during my break and seems too overwhelming to work on given what I am hearing about the drop rates for the new materials. Storing the new materials will further compound the inventory issues.

I am still logging in every day to get the rewards and have banked 1900 boost points. I will start playing again if they improve the tier 4 material drop rates when using boost points. That way, I can do tier 4 only when I have boost points saved up. If a character, game mode, or rework is especially compelling, I might just fall on my sword and spend some of the crystals to increase the inventory space.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I'm totally down with merging Doctor Goons however you guys want to do it.

T4 for me seems pretty useless. It'll take forever to get the mats without spending a bunch but the real benefit is just hitting lvl 80. Boosting gears can be nice for OCD if you're close to a stat % cap but doesn't compare to the lvl gain.

They really do need to let us autoclear story and dispatch, though. The on-time is ridiculous.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm not even thinking about tier 4 until power creep makes dormommu more reasonable. My strange with a ctp of rage can take on pretty much all other content, but doesn't even make a dent. it's not fun and trying over and over again to get matched up with a whale is not worth my time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am pretty pissy the only way to get card cubes is the dimension rifts and because I can only clear the easist, i can get maybe a dozen a day.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Lvl 80 Thor with the new costume is pretty broken. Went from barely getting through Dispatch 11-1 to clearing all the way to 12-4 with a minute left on the clock with Proxima and Loxi. I can also autoplay 10-1 with pretty much anyone. He's theoretically awesome for Ultron and I'm able to get Ultron down to 2-3 bars but I don't understand / can't see what's going on so I wind up dying right at the end.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm not even thinking about tier 4 until power creep makes dormommu more reasonable. My strange with a ctp of rage can take on pretty much all other content, but doesn't even make a dent. it's not fun and trying over and over again to get matched up with a whale is not worth my time.

This is where I'm at. I'm just going to get card tokens off of Master Mold and not bother with Dormammu for a while.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Anals of History posted:

Lvl 80 Thor with the new costume is pretty broken. Went from barely getting through Dispatch 11-1 to clearing all the way to 12-4 with a minute left on the clock with Proxima and Loxi. I can also autoplay 10-1 with pretty much anyone. He's theoretically awesome for Ultron and I'm able to get Ultron down to 2-3 bars but I don't understand / can't see what's going on so I wind up dying right at the end.

This is where I'm at. I'm just going to get card tokens off of Master Mold and not bother with Dormammu for a while.

How did you accomplish this feat? I cannot even pass 7-4, the boss just has so many hit points, like billions.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

How did you accomplish this feat? I cannot even pass 7-4, the boss just has so many hit points, like billions.

I think the last major breakthroughs I had with Dispatch revolved around upgrading Loki, first with his President uni, then loading him up with Odin's Blessings, then managing to stumble blindly into a CTP of Rage. That last one is really key because that seemed to help turn my Loki from above-average into a wheat combine on legs.

I'd also add that Green Goblin's new uniform makes him a fantastic lead for Dispatch and that you'd probably get more bang for your buck upgrading GG than T3'ing Cable or Proxima Midnight.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Anals of History posted:

I think the last major breakthroughs I had with Dispatch revolved around upgrading Loki, first with his President uni, then loading him up with Odin's Blessings, then managing to stumble blindly into a CTP of Rage. That last one is really key because that seemed to help turn my Loki from above-average into a wheat combine on legs.

I'd also add that Green Goblin's new uniform makes him a fantastic lead for Dispatch and that you'd probably get more bang for your buck upgrading GG than T3'ing Cable or Proxima Midnight.

Of course its about a CTP. I have gotten exactly one that wasn't some garbage greed or whatnot in a year. They never seem to have selectors for them.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

That's probably because they introduced CTPs as a way to backdoor gacha mechanics into the game when people rioted about gacha characters.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Of course its about a CTP. I have gotten exactly one that wasn't some garbage greed or whatnot in a year. They never seem to have selectors for them.

Only readily available selector I'm aware of is in one of the crystal-walled legendary battles. IIRC, it's Antman and you have to have the Pymtrom costume upgraded to Heroic or Legendary level. After that, I think there's one available if you get somewhere over level 100 in Shadowland.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm trying to finally beat Mephisto now that ranking up characters is tied to it. I want Level 80 Thor. But god drat I'm frustrated. I keep falling just short of time. Very frustrating.

Off to youtube I guess.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I handed Marble Hebrons over to Twisted Mentat I think and dropped out and applied to Doctor Goons as Bagrada. I thought you had to wait out a period before joining a new guild but it let me apply last night. I donate my million every day and help people with whatever I can when I see them pop up in the guild request, but I don't do much with that territory holding game. I'm looking for a more active group of people to do a daily dimension rift with on whatever low difficulty so I can start slowly amassing card cubes again.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm trying to finally beat Mephisto now that ranking up characters is tied to it. I want Level 80 Thor. But god drat I'm frustrated. I keep falling just short of time. Very frustrating.

Off to youtube I guess.

Mephisto is weird. Despite having 5 Knull teams I haven't pushed on Mephisto since unlocking him but I could only ever beat him with Dr S lead, Moonstone DPS, and Spidey just to run the runes easily. This was before Dr S and Spidey got their glow ups. Since getting 6% pierce Moonstone now completely slaughters Mephisto 1 and skips a few phases so I should probably set up some more teams to learn to beat him with. I just don't feel the urge to push up the difficulty chain since the rewards are so completely random.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess I'll try Knull then. I kind of just assumed he was harder and Mephisto's deal seems to be pretty straight forward of hitting the numbers and trying to do damage fast. But I have no idea what Knull's deal. So I guess I'll give him a try.

My Moonstone never really manages with Mephisto but I probably gotta bench her until his guard is down? Or work on my cards like always. And I actually have no idea if Moonstone even has an artifact. I just gotta hunker down and relearn the game now that I have something I actually want in it.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Knull is harder for me. You have to know where to go and stand at certain points, and when you might need to switch characters to a sacrificial lamb.

Mephisto is much much more straightforward. I can beat him with a Thena and with Betsy. Thena beats him handily enough that I can stick a rando on the team for enhancing potential or whatnot and still win.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Moonstone is a paywall character of course and I gave mine a 200% CTP of energy I lucked into, but otherwise she has no artifact or other fanciness. She's amazing but only for the early two WBL so far. For instance my Luna Snow with a rage will barely tickle Knull and Mephisto but she one shots Thanos and does massive damage against Sentry and Galactus. Moonstone slaughters the WBL bosses but doesn't do well against GBR and Thanos will interrupt her damage by going untargetable.

Knull is very easy once you learn his mechanics, but they can be tricky at first. Watching a video doesn't always help because your damage will vary and you'll get mechanics earlier or later than the people in the video do but as long as you know what to do and have enough damage to knock several bars off at a time, you can eventually string it together and get a kill under the timer. For me, Moonstone can now just outright destroy him on lower difficulty levels, but Rogue will still have to pay attention to avoid knockbacks interrupting her combo. And until I got the skill use timing down, Cable used to take me 5-20 attempts per day because the damage would be so much less if I screwed up but now I clear in one go each time.

Mephisto is a bit trickier. I especially hate his first blank health bar that doesn't show your progress, because sometimes it takes me 4 or 5 rotations to get through it and sometimes just 1. As far as I know I do the same thing every time so I don't know why it differs. His standard attacks hit harder than Knulls and you have to jiggle the joystick to get out of some if you get caught. Otherwise it is similar to Knull in that you want a character that hits like a truck when you have an opening, then just stay alive the rest of the time while waiting on your timers. I swap to spidey to run the 5 runes because he's faster and can dodge once or twice if he gets caught in the attack arc, plus if he does die I don't lose my damage dealer. You learn fast where you can stand and where to run and just try to get your combo in when you can. Only recently my Moonstone started blowing past his phases, not sure if he was nerfed or if its my 6% pierce helping there. I didn't bother fighting him for a long while after I unlocked him.

I haven't tried Ultron yet but I assume he follows the same pattern as the first two where the more pierce and damage you have, the more dangerous mechanics you can skip. I watched some youtubers fight him and even they will misread an attack here and there and get killed.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Nearly pointless trick I noticed with Ultron: Between attacks, you can get Ultron down by only 1/3 bar in optimized mode, so you have to avoid 3 attacks minimize (or switch characters which makes the purple attacks harmless). Elsa's awakening skill will take off 2/3 if you don't have cancel it, skipping an attack.

She is otherwise useless.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have 0 pierce and as best as I can figure the real key is in combining fully crafted cards. And that requires the cubes you get in Dimension Rifts. Which I’ve basically ignored since they came back. So I guess that’s my new idea plan. Do Dimension Rifts. Get the reforging stuff. Work on my cards. Grind grind grind.

It’s a goal and a plan at least.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I have 0 pierce and as best as I can figure the real key is in combining fully crafted cards. And that requires the cubes you get in Dimension Rifts. Which I’ve basically ignored since they came back. So I guess that’s my new idea plan. Do Dimension Rifts. Get the reforging stuff. Work on my cards. Grind grind grind.

It’s a goal and a plan at least.

Yeah the cards are really annoying. You need to feed normal 6* cards (or premium, but that's a waste) to your equipped Premium cards along with the cubes to get colored stars. The first couple of stars aren't too expensive. Then you need to feed extra Premium cards plus tons more cubes into the equipped Premium cards to reroll the stars. Both because you want a certain color for pierce, and also because you want good stats to go along with that. So you aren't just rerolling to get maxed out pierce on that card but also to get bonus +energy attack instead of +fire resistance or whatever. It also requires more cubes to reroll the more stars you have on your card. So its easier to go for 3 blue stars on multiple cards before going for 6 on one card. I've got my 6% pierce totaled across 3 cards but they all have terrible bonus stats so I'm not even partially done. Props to the people who enjoy these systems but its not me. I had just finally started doing GBR for cubes, first only when I had extra boost, then every day I had the time. But since they moved it to dimension rifts I haven't had a single person join one of mine and haven't gotten any cubes in a month or whatever. And I guess now they just nerfed it so you get a set amount of cubes from completing rifts twice a day, but much much less from farming otherwise.

I'm not sure how a brand new account is supposed to get established with all these hoops without swiping a credit card, but maybe that's the idea.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention to the changes over the last year or so. I was crafting cards but kind of just randomly and absent mindedly with no clear idea of what I should be looking for in stats. Now I gather the goal is really to get to 6 stars and then get the particular stars you want/need. And I guess it takes 3 purple stars to get pierce? I'll research it more before I do anything but I was ignorant to all this before.

I used to do GBR for premium card tokens but then I kind of stopped because what's the point? I had 5 premium cards set and a dozen in my inventory and no idea what to do with them. But apparently you need them to combine the cards to get the right stars. So ok. I think I get it now. GBR for premium cards, Dimension Rifts for card crafting cubes. Craft and combine. Makes sense. A pain and sucks it also requires crystals. But like every other game mechanic gotta just figure it out before you can do it. I never bothered but I guess I'm gonna now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And just like that I have 2% pierce. Ok. This is manageable.

Edit: AND I beat Mephisto with a Sentry/Mystique team. Ok. I’m excited. This can happen.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 15, 2022

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If it’s the same as it was when I played then it seemed better to try and get as much 2% pierce on multiple cards before trying to get 5% on a single card. That grind really sucked, you definitely want to make sure you are happy with your cards before dumping so many resources into them.

I was pretty happy with mine, I quit over a year ago so I assume there have been some beefier cards introduced since.

But even the jump from 0% pierce to 2% is a big deal for World Boss.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

I handed Marble Hebrons over to Twisted Mentat I think and dropped out and applied to Doctor Goons as Bagrada. I thought you had to wait out a period before joining a new guild but it let me apply last night. I donate my million every day and help people with whatever I can when I see them pop up in the guild request, but I don't do much with that territory holding game. I'm looking for a more active group of people to do a daily dimension rift with on whatever low difficulty so I can start slowly amassing card cubes again.

Oh no I'd be the worst guild master!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Oh no I'd be the worst guild master!

Haha too late! Still not sure how I inherited it myself. You can hand off in the menu. I'm not even sure what to do as GM so I kind of ignored it the week I had it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A couple of years ago I just randomly became in charge of my alliance when the leader left. And all I did was clear dead accounts every few weeks since it’s an open alliance. And I haven’t really paid attention for a long time and haven’t cleared dead accounts in months but every time I apologize and ask if anyone wants to be leader they all say no.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Really tempted to hand Doctor Goons over to bagrada after reading that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

All part of my master plan for total domination. I probably wouldn't notice for a week then I'd hot potato it to someone with a cool avatar.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Been clearing Mephisto twice a day. Playing around with combos but it’s basically Moonstone and Sentry doing the work with assists and runners. I’m content getting Mephisto in two more days and then giving a go at Knull. And Level 80 Iron Man and Thor might help me with a third.

80 Iron Man is pretty good even without me working up any of his skills or gear. He helped me clean up most of my unfinished Dispatch challenges and clear 8-5. Almost cleared 9-1 but probably could with some worked up gear/skills or different combo. I’ll play around with it and the 8 challenges later.

I’m saving my t4 supplies because I don’t know what the collection rates are gonna be like and maybe I’ll want to work up Thor or someone. I’ll see.

Completing two dimension rifts a day for the big reward and collecting the card stuff. Grind grind grind. I’m saving those rift stone thingies to try and open a mythical rift and see what rewards are like.

I’m doing the Timeline Survival too but I can’t figure out what the point is. Just figured I’d try and see if it’s another thing I was missing.

But having fun! It’s nice to feel challenges and progress again instead of just treadmill doing the same things each day just to do them.

Tupac shot Cobain
Jul 4, 2003

Applied to Doctor Goons as wrongindustry. i played this when it was first released and enjoy tapping shiny buttons to make numbers appear. it’s like my job but with more dopamine hits.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Tupac shot Cobain posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons as wrongindustry. i played this when it was first released and enjoy tapping shiny buttons to make numbers appear. it’s like my job but with more dopamine hits.

You're in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally managed to button-mash my way to my first Ultron win. Feels good man

STAC Goat posted:

Been clearing Mephisto twice a day. Playing around with combos but it’s basically Moonstone and Sentry doing the work with assists and runners. I’m content getting Mephisto in two more days and then giving a go at Knull. And Level 80 Iron Man and Thor might help me with a third.

80 Iron Man is pretty good even without me working up any of his skills or gear. He helped me clean up most of my unfinished Dispatch challenges and clear 8-5. Almost cleared 9-1 but probably could with some worked up gear/skills or different combo. I’ll play around with it and the 8 challenges later.

I’m saving my t4 supplies because I don’t know what the collection rates are gonna be like and maybe I’ll want to work up Thor or someone. I’ll see.

Completing two dimension rifts a day for the big reward and collecting the card stuff. Grind grind grind. I’m saving those rift stone thingies to try and open a mythical rift and see what rewards are like.

I’m doing the Timeline Survival too but I can’t figure out what the point is. Just figured I’d try and see if it’s another thing I was missing.

But having fun! It’s nice to feel challenges and progress again instead of just treadmill doing the same things each day just to do them.

Rewards on higher grade rifts don't appear to be much different. At least, I've opened a handful of heroic rifts and have topped out at character-specific 3* artifacts that you could get anywhere else.

Would agree with Timeline Survival being pointless. Really, any content that's built around artifacts is semi-ignorable until they overhaul that system. I've just been running rifts for card stuff and hoarding [whatever that yellow cubic stuff is] because the drop rates from pulling artifact chests has been so awful.