Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

That snake’s name is apparently Boa Kon’ssstriktr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah gonna need an army of snake QB's in the game ASAP CA. Don't make me call the union on this one

Anno posted:

That snake’s name is apparently Boa Kon’ssstriktr

Lmao I love Warhammer

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its weirding me out that its eyes are so far forward on his face.

That's how pit vipers really are. You usually have seen enough snakes you don't think about it, it's just A Snake, but when you notice, you never stop noticing.

I think it's to do with the little sensory organ between eyes and nostrils that gives them their name*. It also gives them their weird skulls with cartoon eyes.

*yes pit viper refers to the sensory pit on their face, not to living in pits.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 11, 2022

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

some nerd is going to come rub up on me for saying this, but I feel like if you have arms and definitely arms that are like holding a football, you have lost that special element that makes you SNAKE you have no snakeness left in you and are just tadpole man

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Gonkish posted:

This is what they're doing WITHOUT THE ASSEMBLY KIT. The loving proper mod tools haven't even been released yet. Just loving imagine the poo poo they're gonna pump out in the coming years.

Also, this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/vvry4m/what_is_this_weird_dlc_i_have/

Apparently there's codenamed DLCs that have been added to people's WH3 DLC list (in Steam, right click WH3 in the games list and click Properties, then go to the DLC tab and you'll see them). I have not only the one labeled "Eight", but also "Crumpets" and "PRO01". Speculation is that "Eight" is the Blood DLC, because I guess eight is sacred to Khorne or something?

Either way, it looks like they're slowly but surely doing things behind the scenes.

Unlike lets say bethesda's creation kit, the Assembly kit is nearly useless for most modding endeavors apart from compiling a startpos or adding more slots to regions.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Iamgoofball posted:

I wish they'd find a way to integrate bloodbowl in some way in TWW.

Could be a fun mod. All your armies disband every couple of turns to play Blood Bowl. You can build stadiums in every city instead of public order buildings. Your lords have a chance of ranking up and getting neat gear or rolling badly and dying during blood bowl season. Jim and Bob could be legendary heros or they could just bully the advisor. Whoever wins gets the blood bowl trophy. Good luck getting any fighting done.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Twigand Berries posted:

some nerd is going to come rub up on me for saying this, but I feel like if you have arms and definitely arms that are like holding a football, you have lost that special element that makes you SNAKE you have no snakeness left in you and are just tadpole man

🏈➡️🤓

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
The Snakefolks should be allow to instead swallow the ball as a way of holding it.

Or have one player constrict around the ball and fellow players throw the constrictor holding the ball.

The possibilities!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Are you arguing that the popularized concept of Naga or Snake People lacks Big Snake Energy? A pox upon you, sir!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Twigand Berries posted:

The various snake men of Fromsoft games disagree. I think an important consideration is proportions. If your total arm and leg length is less than your nose to tail length, your snakeness is restored.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Thank you for reminding me that the best girl from elden ring will be a LL

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ritz On Toppa Ritz posted:

The Snakefolks should be allow to instead swallow the ball as a way of holding it.

Or have one player constrict around the ball and fellow players throw the constrictor holding the ball.

The possibilities!

In the teaser on the community website they actually do mention that Boa has swallowed the ball multiple times.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Boa about to surpass Thanquol as most desired LL

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Welcome to snake town

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's how pit vipers really are. You usually have seen enough snakes you don't think about it, it's just A Snake, but when you notice, you never stop noticing.

what a goober

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

Welp I'm gonna get banned from Warhams for life for not knowing that. :smith:

Just to rub it in further, they actually tell you the sacred numbers if you play their respective campaigns in WH3. Usually in the tech tree, or in some of the quest descriptions, etc. They tell you several times the special number of the particular god you are playing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dramicus posted:

Just to rub it in further, they actually tell you the sacred numbers if you play their respective campaigns in WH3. Usually in the tech tree, or in some of the quest descriptions, etc. They tell you several times the special number of the particular god you are playing.

This is what I get for not reading.

Meanwhile, Cylostra moving makes sense, she was always in a bit of a squeeze in her ME start, although now she's going to have to deal with Morathi and Taurox AND the sisters sooooo... back to square one?

Tomorrow are the Dawi, so we'll see exactly where Grombrindal, Thorek, and Belegar end up, while Thorgrim and Ungrim stay where they are because they belong there. Should be interesting. I wonder if Belegar is going to stay at The Vaults or not?

Oh, and the BB snake man is, indeed, promising for Khuresh, but take that poo poo with a huge grain of salt. There's stuff from BB that most likely will never show up in WH3, like the Amazons. I really, really want to be wrong in this case, though. gently caress me up with some snake men that have a Cambodian/Laotian/Vietnamese vibe, please.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonkish posted:

Meanwhile, Cylostra moving makes sense, she was always in a bit of a squeeze in her ME start, although now she's going to have to deal with Morathi and Taurox AND the sisters sooooo... back to square one?
She's a pirate she can easily sail off to greener pastures. Her start in both Vortex and ME is pretty much untenable but she was still a riot to play as because you can just go loot and pilalge your way down the coast of Lustria till you hook a left and take Galleons Graveyard on your way to Lothern, at which point you can laugh opera sing your way to the bank.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gonkish posted:

Oh, and the BB snake man is, indeed, promising for Khuresh, but take that poo poo with a huge grain of salt. There's stuff from BB that most likely will never show up in WH3, like the Amazons. I really, really want to be wrong in this case, though. gently caress me up with some snake men that have a Cambodian/Laotian/Vietnamese vibe, please.

having other cultures is racist

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Snake man's an Amazon/Lizardman Star Player, he's a Lizzy.

Simmer down nerds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Snake hwachas would be fun. Three archer regiments packed into an artillery piece.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Snake man's an Amazon/Lizardman Star Player, he's a Lizzy.

Simmer down nerds.

This is probably the correct take, but dangit I wish it weren't. :smith:

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Amazons to Khuresh confirmed then!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wait can that snakeman reproduce with the DE snake women?! Naga confirmed.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arghy posted:

Wait can that snakeman reproduce with the DE snake women?! Naga confirmed.

And thus Arghy launched a thousand deviantart careers...

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

orangelex44 posted:

Amazons to Khuresh confirmed then!

Wouldn’t even be that weird, they released a new batch of Amazon models for blood bowl and they look incredible

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You nay sayers.

You people that do not believe.

you can take problematic ideas and make them better

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
goddamnit CA gimme that snakes and ladies faction asap

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Total Ham: War 3- Snakes and Ladies

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Onehandclapping posted:

goddamnit CA gimme that snakes and ladies faction asap
Please god yes that would be awesome.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I have been in a Blood Bowl league that banned me from playing Amazons from Season 2 onwards I wouldn't say no to seeing them and the snakes get an army going even though I would get banned from them probably after a week.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Why are you playing blood bowl and not being the goblin cheaters

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

📍 Thorgrim Grudgebearer - Karaz-A-Karak
📍 Ungrim Ironfist - Karak Kadrin
📍 Belegar Ironhammer - Zarakzil
📍 Thorek Ironbrow - Karak Zorn
📍 Grombrindal - Dracla Spire

belegar got booted to a minor settlement for some reason

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I guess he wasn't quite broke enough for CA? I don't know.

Grombrindal is gonna be right up in Malekith's grill, but he'll also have to contend with Hellebron, Taurox being nearby, and maybe even Sigvald. Fun start looks fun. Thorek is gonna have a hell of a time, too, but given the trade changes in WH3 he'll hopefully have an easier time getting his economy moving.

Wondering where Malus is going to end up, now that I think about it. I doubt they'll want Malekith, Hellbron, AND Malus all starting in the northwest corner of the map, and I don't know where they'd move the other two, so it feels like Malus is gonna move somewhere.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 12, 2022

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I love how the map has both provinces 'The Road of Skulls' and 'The Skull Road' in completely separate parts of the map.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I mean poo poo, how many anvils did Vaul have in ME? Like 3?

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I think each of the flavours of elf has their own Vaul's anvil.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Archaeology Hat posted:

I love how the map has both provinces 'The Road of Skulls' and 'The Skull Road' in completely separate parts of the map.
I hope there is an achievement to own both of those, "The Devil's Backbone", and "The Bone Road".

Slaanesh should have a monument in "The Bone Road".

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Slaanesh should have a monument in "The Bone Road".

I imagine it might have an ambiguous landmark there if corruption gets high enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
With only 3 armies to go, the Cathay side of the map looks awfully empty and I don't see who is going to join them out there.

DE and VC are typically east of the World's Edge Mountains no?