Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Start of ep: I’m turning people into energy goop and eating them because I’m hungry

End of ep: I ungooped them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Erg posted:

It’s fail when the creepypasta digimon go, “oh I thought shooting people in the face was what doctors did” and the kids go, “ok that tracks” and then go their separate ways every time

they are called vaccine shots for a reason

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seeing people go "when they gooped the protagonist digimon that's how you knows things are in real serious poo poo" and I'm like, yeah I'm sure they'll lose 2/3 of the cast to frigging splashmon

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

expecting a d-reaper arc any day now

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Erg posted:

Hmmmm I think I made this sound better than it is. I just want the show to give up entirely on doing a last minute redemption for 90% of their story lines about horribly maiming and or killing hapless humans

There doesn’t have to be a moral!

I'd say it's about 70/30 on redemptions and even then, a lot of those are just digimon not realizing what they were doing was actually bad, not in actual conscious control of themselves, or acted more like a talking animal rather than an intelligent being. The other 30% is actual malice where they are beaten up to some sort of demise. 95% of victimized humans come back in one piece at least.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Expecting the return of picklemon any day now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

digimons are just like dogs and do things arbitrarily

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pokemon is cool and good because there's an episode where Brock and his current crush team up to defeat a Meowth Devil Gundam in true G Gundam fashion.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
some zoomer working the mop at my local liquor store told me he liked my jojo shirt. :3:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

amine.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Erg posted:

It’s fail when the creepypasta digimon go, “oh I thought shooting people in the face was what doctors did” and the kids go, “ok that tracks” and then go their separate ways every time

I mean your referencing the mummymon episode and that made a little sense because mummymon mistookn mummification leading to immortality as actual human medical science and thought he was cursing people by mummifiying them.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Mummymon is cool because now he just vibes at the local hospital being an unlicensed medical practitioner.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

problematic, quite frankly

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

my mangas got delivered today (mad early from the initial delivery of the 29th) and, im pogglin so hard even though my japanese knowledge is, uh, zero!!! yes!!!! :yeshaha:

also these have like those cover book sleeves on them? its cool!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1546609089513508868

Why is there a a Marie Antoinette X Che Guevara romcom?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Because you can make a generic romcom about anything using the same stock characters and then add a visual gag or a famous quote for flavoring.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

golden bubble posted:

heck, why not

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chasing that saint young men hype

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

golden bubble posted:

Che looking like egoraptor is making me upset

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
straight romcoms need a wacky zany hook because drawing 2 scarequotes normal people being in love isnt titillating enough unless theyre gay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

golden bubble posted:

is this theory

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Remake Saint Young Men, but it's a shonen ai romcom

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i think jesus could be in more animes tbh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Xelkelvos posted:

Jesus and Buddha should absolutely gently caress

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

saint young men but this time, jesus is gay instead of just metro

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Booky posted:

i think jesus could be in more animes tbh

There's always Xenosaga the Animation

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

golden bubble posted:

This led to me making a really cursed thought on how you can do this premise, but I'll put it in spoilers.

A romcom where uke Comrade Stalin and seme Ronald Reagan live together in a European apartment as secret gay lovers.

Covok
May 27, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's always Xenosaga the Animation

Xenosaga deserved better.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Covok posted:

This led to me making a really cursed thought on how you can do this premise, but I'll put it in spoilers.

A romcom where uke Comrade Stalin and seme Ronald Reagan live together in a European apartment as secret gay lovers.

:dafuq:

Covok
May 27, 2013

In fairness, it's meant to actively be cursed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Covok posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

thnaks

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
dawg i literally just made the point where if its gay manga there doesnt have to be a wacky twist

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

golden bubble posted:

Why does Marie literally have her FGO design?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

dawg i literally just made the point where if its gay manga there doesnt have to be a wacky twist

Yeah, well, now everyone needs mind bleach.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Covok posted:

Cringe

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Booky posted:

my mangas got delivered today (mad early from the initial delivery of the 29th) and, im pogglin so hard even though my japanese knowledge is, uh, zero!!! yes!!!! :yeshaha:

also these have like those cover book sleeves on them? its cool!

hell yeah, enjoy your naruto

marumaru
May 20, 2013

holy poo poo those dolls are huge

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

marumaru posted:

holy poo poo those dolls are huge
yeah the puppets are way bigger than youd expect them to be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uiIIiqW9Jo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wait wait wait wait what is thunderbolt fantasy??????? i kind of just didn't pay attention, what the gently caress