Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

well it's not like they could reposition very far in 36 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Evil_Greven posted:

well it's not like they could reposition very far in 36 seconds

in the comments you can see the person who posted the vid say that they were by a cliff face so they had no real options, so they just filmed until the last second. the group was also about to go into the ravine just ahead of the OP, and would have had no warning.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/JoeVKeys/status/1546489633197924354

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

nvm

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 14:59 on Jul 11, 2022

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Chief McHeath posted:

I hadn't bothered to look at the tropical storm/hurricane names this year.

I'm placing bets on Earl, Gaston, Shary and Virginie.

OH SHARY
MIAMI'S GONE
GLUB GLUB
GLUB GLUB

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virginie better hit virginia, i want to hear dudes in 60mph winds on weather channel do tongue twisters

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Me after about 8 second in: "This person knows they're about to get buried, right?" "WHY ISN'T THIS PERSON MOVING?" "oh gently caress"

Avalanches are not to be hosed with.

Edit: According to the credited twitter account, the person filming escaped with minor injuries.

Thats what I thought the whole time. "Bro run wtf get out of its way!!"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WoodrowSkillson posted:

in the comments you can see the person who posted the vid say that they were by a cliff face so they had no real options, so they just filmed until the last second. the group was also about to go into the ravine just ahead of the OP, and would have had no warning.

like the Mount St. Helens photographer who saw the mountain blow, quickly realized what had happened and just went "welp im hosed" and died protecting his film canister

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Avalanches are pretty as hell drat

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SirPablo posted:

Love posting extreme single models. This is like finding the one shittiest yelp review of a restaurant and running with it.

You're just mad it's going to be right again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Avalanche is about. Business below continues as usual.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You're just mad it's going to be right again

Again?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Avalanche is about. Business below continues as usual.

It's avalanches is above

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Think they are referring to the extreme heat in the northwest last year.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Here's the latest forecast from one run of the one model. Not as hot as the one EXTREME forecast, still very hot.

The same time from a different model.

And averages from ensemble models.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao that the average ensemble still spell out doomsday, only for Spain and Portugal instead

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Real hurthling! posted:

virginie better hit virginia, i want to hear dudes in 60mph winds on weather channel do tongue twisters

Pat Robertson needs to die first. It's supposedly his prayers that have kept a major hurricane from hitting the Hampton Roads area for ~35 years.

:jerkbag:

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Just lmao at anyone who actually believed any of this was fixed

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pat Robertson needs to die first. It's supposedly his prayers that have kept a major hurricane from hitting the Hampton Roads area for ~35 years.

:jerkbag:

Well at least they're up to code and prepared if one ever does, considering most of the area is incredibly vulnerable to flooding, right?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Well at least they're up to code and prepared if one ever does, considering most of the area is incredibly vulnerable to flooding, right?

There's an Anakin/Amidala meme in there somewhere.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

TehSaurus posted:

Just lmao at anyone who actually believed any of this was fixed

Oh but they did got fixed! The middle man energy distribution companies got bailed out.

Oh you meant the physical grid itself? Lmao

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There's an Anakin/Amidala meme in there somewhere.

God I wish this sentence was inscrutable to me. J'rooti beam me up... please!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

it’s good it won’t be as hot as the worst-case scenario, that gives us time to prepare for when it does get that bad in a year or two.

lol! lmao!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
new thread title plz

Weatherdammerung 2022: no more FUD (Forecasts U Dislike)

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

NeonPunk posted:

Oh but they did got fixed! The middle man energy distribution companies got bailed out.

Oh you meant the physical grid itself? Lmao

“But just think of all the shareholder value we are creating!” I tell my child as we are being air fried in our own home.

But also lol if you are following ERCOT’s request to limit your power usage. If you did that during the winter storm it just meant you started at a lower temperature when they cut off your power for the fourth time while the office building across the street never lost power kept every light on and the heat going 24/7. “What if everyone thought and acted like that” doesn’t really work when everyone already does think like that and a large portion of the people who do never experience any of the consequences.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Forget Texas, I'm more interested in this

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewjustinWX/status/1546499668217106435

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

is that a single projection run like the UK/France one

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gunshow Poophole posted:

like the Mount St. Helens photographer who saw the mountain blow, quickly realized what had happened and just went "welp im hosed" and died protecting his film canister

That dude was in his car very much trying to get the gently caress out, he'd probably not have considered trying to protect extremely sensitive film from molten rock

SirPablo posted:

Here's the latest forecast from one run of the one model. Not as hot as the one EXTREME forecast, still very hot.

Woah I can't believe the model says different things for different days

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

SirPablo posted:

The same time from a different model.

And averages from ensemble models.

So 40c and 40f are the same temperature, right? Going to be chilly!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TeenageArchipelago posted:

So 40c and 40f are the same temperature, right? Going to be chilly!

The UK thread made the joke that it's so hot the fash rags have used Celsius just to avoid saying 109f

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i am harry posted:

Texans bout to find out what 105 heat with the european luxury of no air conditioners feels like when ercot shuts off power right when the sun is directly overhead..........

I dunno, the Europeans are used to it so they have ways of dealing with the heat without AC. If the power goes out all across Houston or San Antonio or Dallas you'd see way more deaths.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Gripweed posted:

I dunno, the Europeans are used to it so they have ways of dealing with the heat without AC. If the power goes out all across Houston or San Antonio or Dallas you'd see way more deaths.

the European way of dealing with it is to keel over

https://twitter.com/rahmstorf/status/1143113163501723648

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm going to Hell for this, but if Tulsa gets any darker on that forecast image the racists are going to bomb it again.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the Europeans who survived to tell the tale:

https://twitter.com/juliaskripkaser/status/1154419772911693824

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

the European way of dealing with it is to keel over

https://twitter.com/rahmstorf/status/1143113163501723648

oh. lmao. America wins again

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Spangly A posted:

That dude was in his car very much trying to get the gently caress out, he'd probably not have considered trying to protect extremely sensitive film from molten rock

You're thinking of Reid Blackburn, who also died there. Robert Landsburg definitely seems to have intentionally tried to protect his photos once he realized what was happening, and his photos did survive.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Spangly A posted:

the other guy, dummy

Paradoxish posted:

You're thinking of Reid Blackburn, who also died there. Robert Landsburg definitely seems to have intentionally tried to protect his photos once he realized what was happening, and his photos did survive.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Burning Kansas

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Euros are all like oh yeah you can stand the heat because you have air conditioning but my thermostat stays at 78 and they still say that's too hot. Lots of Americans keep theirs higher. Not to mention the many of us who only have window units in our bedrooms or like one measly underpowered window unit to cool a whole house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
yeah the last apartment I lived in in Italy was a top floor apartment with south and west facing windows. It got down to 27-30C at night and would get up to 35C during the day inside the apt. There was an A/C unit, but it was on the ceiling over the loft (wtf?). My roommate told me he'd kill me if I turned it on (insane utility prices). Then he freaked out, because I purchased an oscillating fan for my bedroom since Italians believe you'll get deathly ill sleeping in front of fan all night. Every day that summer was 35-37C, with the rare day with an afternoon thunderstorm to cool things off. Never again.