Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

put me in coach, i'll ban the freaks while also reinstating the vtuber thread. I also pledge to not speak to any admin or read qcs, and have an all time greatest mod meltdown. I'll need plutonis as my co-mod though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

makes the new guy put in a bad punishment for you then fucks off for the weekend lmao classic bit. this would be really funny if it happened in a comedy anime and not a real life forum with real people

speaking of comedy anime, i am now halfway through Nichijou and it is still excellent

Nyoro posted:

please accept my image macro

now i think my memory might be a bit hazy, but i don't think Wark Say stepped down* due to getting thrown to the wolves

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I chose to step down. I got a look behind the curtain, what its like to have the target on your back and I wasn't able to handle the feeling. I felt an actual wave of relief when i posted that i wanted to step down.

I think that i was very uncharitable and kind of an rear end in a top hat to fluffdaddy on Saturday when the issue of adtrw moderation came up, but he had my back when I needed it. He has my backing here.

I'm going to take a break for a little while to clear my head, but im not leaving the forums and i will be back.

Thanks everyone.

:cheerdoge:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/dennou319/status/1546328580610617345?s=20&t=oeouFuF94G0YRl-qawDNMw

They're finally making Kanamori's backpack real.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

homeless snail posted:

put me in coach, i'll ban the freaks while also reinstating the vtuber thread. I also pledge to not speak to any admin or read qcs, and have an all time greatest mod meltdown. I'll need plutonis as my co-mod though

Approved

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

this is crazy enough to work imo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Namtab posted:

I chose to step down. I got a look behind the curtain, what its like to have the target on your back and I wasn't able to handle the feeling. I felt an actual wave of relief when i posted that i wanted to step down.

I think that i was very uncharitable and kind of an rear end in a top hat to fluffdaddy on Saturday when the issue of adtrw moderation came up, but he had my back when I needed it. He has my backing here.

I'm going to take a break for a little while to clear my head, but im not leaving the forums and i will be back.

Thanks everyone.

:cheers:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I asked on a discord and apparently a lot of this has to do with Made In Abyss, which I never watched. I did hear that it was pedo bait though. So, yeah, I guess banning all the people posting pedo bait art must be like whackamole.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

im sure youre cooking up an awesome post about how its our fault again :cheerdoge:

When I talk about people treating the mods like poo poo, I don't mean as a subforum. I mean as a whole forum. Its ugly out there and I get why people even say no to being like say, the coupons mod. We seriously had to look hard for a loving coupons mod. Thats how wild it is out here.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in complete fairness, dr. e had some big coupons modding shoes to fill

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

you got my vote

give snail a star before he has a chance to back out

marumaru
May 20, 2013

jesus christ i thought the mods being treated like poo poo was comedic exaggeration. what the gently caress
i'd be willing to be an act-on-reports mod but not if it's going to be like that. yikes

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i actually thought sa was a more sane internet webforum

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
If there's a recurring problem with the mods being harassed maybe we just shouldn't have a mod. We live wild and free like we were always meant to, and the would-be mods get to keep their peace of mind. Everyone wins!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

bad forum

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
this problem we have just can't be fixed, working our asses off here

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

Thanks everyone.

Cya later Namtab. Hope you’re back sooner than not.

Anyways Plutonis still wants the job right?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

/votekick DumbPoster "posting vt*bers in the chat thread"

i fixed it yall

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

marumaru posted:

not at all my friend

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
even normally, the day-to-day activity of disentangling drama and trying to figure out whether a post is legit bad, a response to something else which is bad (which may be in another thread or even another subforum!) or within the acceptable is exhausting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean... why

you guys have buttons. you can just press them. you could make this entire website a made in abyss fansite if you wanted. nobody could stop you.

obviously you should take peoples feedback on what gets done around here and i dont disagree at all with blamming the mia thread but just speaking generally here, why is there so much of an air of inmates running the asylum or 'i just cant do anything about it!!' like i dont understand the philosophy that leads to that kind of attitude. you dont have to let qcs be a free for all. you can fix it quite easily. you keep complaining about this and then doing literally nothing to try and change it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

marumaru posted:

This is a belief a lot of people have for some reason but I don’t think it’s that different from anywhere else really.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

marumaru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOzN8gHvJlY

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

almost like the SA community kind of sucks in its own way or something, same as it ever was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Das da innanet, baybee

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

marumaru posted:

lmao

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Namtab posted:

Thanks everyone.

Stay safe and thanks for stepping up to mod the place. Congrats on getting your Karens back up to speed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

i mean... why

you guys have buttons. you can just press them. you could make this entire website a made in abyss fansite if you wanted. nobody could stop you.

obviously you should take peoples feedback on what gets done around here and i dont disagree at all with blamming the mia thread but just speaking generally here, why is there so much of an air of inmates running the asylum or 'i just cant do anything about it!!' like i dont understand the philosophy that leads to that kind of attitude. you dont have to let qcs be a free for all. you can fix it quite easily. you keep complaining about this and then doing literally nothing to try and change it.

Agreed. If modding is so miserable then crack down on the people making that the case, if for no reason other than to make it possible to do that job.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

makes the new guy put in a bad punishment for you then fucks off for the weekend lmao classic bit. this would be really funny if it happened in a comedy anime and not a real life forum with real people

I want to address this for the record because i was too much of a pussy to on Saturday. I queued up the ban + 30 of my own free will, because the way the post was written (images with seemingly flippant smileys) looked like a driveby shitpost and i wanted to be consistent with the previous decision. I didn't read what the post was trying to say, and that's on me. It was the wrong move and i apologise to yea ok.

I stand by my other ban+30, that was going to be the type of post i wanted to crack down more on.

I spent a lot of time worrying about trying to please qcs and you guys, and i realise i can't do either.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Endorph posted:

i mean... why

It's probably the case that the admins don't want to ban too many people to avoid killing off a dwindling userbase since SA is run like a business...a business that doesn't pay its employees, which is a little hosed and how is that legal?

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Fluffdaddy posted:

When I talk about people treating the mods like poo poo, I don't mean as a subforum. I mean as a whole forum. Its ugly out there and I get why people even say no to being like say, the coupons mod. We seriously had to look hard for a loving coupons mod. Thats how wild it is out here.

just pick unlikeable assholes as mods from now on, so i won't be sad when nice folks like namtab get driven to meltdown or mental health crisis

if this is just gonna be the inevitable circle of life here, then I'd rather you inflict this misery on people everyone already hates

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
sa isn't more sane, it's just unusually structured in a way that (imo) promotes better conversations. There's some structural advantages to being a message board with long-running megathreads. The people posting in those megathreads are just as insane as your average redditor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

It's probably the case that the admins don't want to ban too many people to avoid killing off a dwindling userbase since SA is run like a business...a business that doesn't pay its employees, which is a little hosed and how is that legal?
if they want to make money off sa just go full into the chaos and let people pay 50 bucks to ban anyone they dont like. 500 bucks for a permaban. theyd be millionaires.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Covok posted:

Volunteer work is a scam, that's how

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

marumaru posted:

How on earth did you come to this conclusion? Have you never posted here before?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Covok posted:

gotta use all those donations to buy more delicious cookies

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

i mean... why

I am not a monolith, nor do I own this site. The reason I tell people to message Jeff is because at the end of the day, he owns the place and should be making the decision of who needs to go permanently.

Trust, if it were up to me and me alone, I would have zero hesitation. But its not up to just me.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, what the gently caress is going on? As much as possible without naming names, can we get some sort of framework or example on how mods are getting targeted?

This is absurd.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ah yeah the absentee site owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
just close qcs for the love of god