Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

hey mittens have you considered reading the loving room at any point between 2016 and now?

that would require spending more than five consecutive minutes being sober

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

SapporoJones posted:

I volunteer to start the next one. You're welcome.

must be in active alliance

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Fiacre posted:

There is a whole lot of pearl clutching going on itt from goons whose edgelord posting pre-2012 had molecular grade sharpness.

a decade vs a month

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fiacre posted:

There is a whole lot of pearl clutching going on itt from goons whose edgelord posting pre-2012 had molecular grade sharpness.

grabbing a skeleton I shake it madly and ask "what the gently caress even is linear time"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ChickenWing posted:

hey mittens have you considered reading the loving room at any point between 2016 and now?

he's been too busy attempting to furnish it

https://web.archive.org/web/20220313020803/https://madfern.com/

Men need their own furniture.

Furniture that communicates their style and independence, furniture that relaxes and relieves, furniture that can be depended on to impress as we navigate an increasingly design-savvy world. Those who fail to master their own style risk being left behind - but Madfern can help.

At Madfern, you will find masculine designs that refuse to follow the mainstream. You will find furniture that will impress your friends, your guests, and your dates. And if you don’t know the first thing about creating an inviting masculine space that is your own, Madfern has every guide you need, written with you in mind.

With Madfern’s unique selection of furniture for men, you can welcome someone new into your home with supreme confidence.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Raged posted:

Your right. I did not see the chat log I skipped a few pages.... Yikes

What I posted about the real world process is true though.

Mittens at no time should have been part of the investigation and with that attitude should never be.

I'm glad you read it. I'm sorry if I came off as overly harsh but well.. *gestures to those pages you had skipped*

Fiacre posted:

... Or this. Letting sexual harassment run rampant is way worse than 'edgelord posting' and it's good that people have changed. Maybe you should be mad about people caring elsewhere.

FirstnameLastname posted:

Furniture that communicates their style and independence, furniture that relaxes and relieves, furniture that can be depended on to impress as we navigate an increasingly design-savvy world. Those who fail to master their own style risk being left behind - but Madfern can help.

At Madfern, you will find masculine designs that refuse to follow the mainstream. You will find furniture that will impress your friends, your guests, and your dates. And if you don’t know the first thing about creating an inviting masculine space that is your own, Madfern has every guide you need, written with you in mind.

With Madfern’s unique selection of furniture for men, you can welcome someone new into your home with supreme confidence.

Sorry your post had me instinctively reaching for the 'Report Spam' button that sadly doesn't exist.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fiacre posted:

Yeah dude, we grew up. Some of the stuff I posted in the past was vile, then I y’know, stopped doing that. The problem is people who are old enough to know better still posting like that. Glad you are caught up, now shut up lest some other pointless tepid d-grade bullshit dribbles out of your brain into this thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Raged posted:

Also thinking a bunch of video gamer players are going to be able to handle harrassment complaints as well as an actual HR department for no pay is crazy.

nobody expects that

what they do expect is for an organization which has existed as a continuous entity for a relatively long loving time, and which has had to deal with This Sort Of Bullshit a lot, to have half of a goddamn clue how to manage things by now

"tee hee flounce flounce :commissar:" is funny for people who are schisming because "this just isn't my goonswarm anymore *eagle tear*" and very much not for "I'm being actually harassed"

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Fiacre posted:

and then we did this magical thing called "growing up", perhaps you'd like to try it as well?

Bigbillthaboss posted:

kick amok tbh

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

brokenknee posted:

and then we did this magical thing called "growing up", perhaps you'd like to try it as well?

have u considered that learning and/or growing is actually the height of hypocrisy

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

When I first made the threat, it was an empty one to draw attention

the ol' 'Mendacious Madoff Maneuver'

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

have u considered that learning and/or growing is actually the height of hypocrisy

Ah. poo poo.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

you can find me dropping slurs a couple eve threads back but then I stopped being an edgy shitlord

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Furniture for Men... Fucks sake lol

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

........well, poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

you can find me dropping slurs a couple eve threads back but then I stopped being an edgy shitlord

My goonfleet post history has wild swings between very funny and “oh poo poo I had best not run for public office”. TBH it was my own exit from the closet that made me a little less tolerant of that poo poo. It’s not great but we gotta grow somehow.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

orange juche posted:

retired lawyer money musta run out

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

orange juche posted:

a couch int he shape of a grill

a table in the shape of a grill

grill themed vinyl flooring

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

brokenknee posted:

kick amok tbh

personal attacks against my religion isn't cool bro

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Bigbillthaboss posted:

is "shut the gently caress up, bill" still funny?

gently caress i hope not

shut the gently caress up, bill

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
thank you for the new thread title

Bigbillthaboss posted:

:dogout:

SapporoJones
Jul 3, 2012

If you don't take care of the business the business will take care of you.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Webster's defines active as "producing or involving action or movement" and I can assure you we produce movements. I don't work blue so I won't say what sort, of course.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

orange juche posted:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh yeah I learned about the bespoke mens furniture design shoppe earlier today and just laughed so hard.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Maybe test can win the war now

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ChickenWing posted:

is "shut the gently caress up, bill" still funny?

gently caress i hope not

shut the gently caress up, bill

yes, its still a thing

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

the monocle is :kiss:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Can’t wait for the twink larper and space lord TheMittani, the kind of guy who absolutely learned how to play lacrosse in college comes to teach my rear end how to accessorize my couch in the manliest of manners, like I don’t know how to take my rear end to ikea to eat them meatballs and pick up something unpronounceable.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

mittani, in the words of duncan, one of the best posters of all time:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron spaceship altriusm.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sickening posted:

I find irony in boat trying to clown Cryo on the way out.

post that poo poo yo

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Can’t wait for the twink larper and space lord TheMittani, the kind of guy who absolutely learned how to play lacrosse in college comes to teach my rear end how to accessorize my couch in the manliest of manners, like I don’t know how to take my rear end to ikea to eat them meatballs and pick up something unpronounceable.

tell him to shove a FJÄDERMOLN up his BJÖRKSNÄS, like the good little SVÄRTA he is. SOCKERKAKA.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Xolve posted:

tell him to shove a FJÄDERMOLN up his BJÖRKSNÄS, like the good little SVÄRTA he is. SOCKERKAKA.

:five:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Sorry I'm poo poo at edits and I'm on my lunch break.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I guess it's fitting that the larping metrosexual is now writing r/malelivingspace self-help ad copy lmao incredible

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

folks, does anyone know where I can pick up a modern-chic barcalounger that I can gently caress and then IGNORE ITS PLEAS FOR HELP and SAW DOWN A TREE AFTER

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

first thought i had after mittani posted about madfern was "what about furniture for everyone else?"

like if you're going to launch a luxe furniture brand...you gotta cover more than just one niche.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonshardz posted:

first thought i had after mittani posted about madfern was "what about furniture for everyone else?"

like if you're going to launch a luxe furniture brand...you gotta cover more than just one niche.

no, no see- it's FURNITURE for MEN.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

men lounging their own way

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009
Liquidium, on 11 Jul 2022 - 9:42 PM, said:

What happens when the harassment involves the leadership that is supposed to be enforcing this?

TheAdj:

We are discussing including non-directors in the review team to help cover this somewhat so we do not have any "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" situations. I personally feel that if a complaint was made with evidence against an alliance director, we would take action to remove them. If you want to get into some deep hypotheticals, there are some people that control the levers of both our infrastructure and in-game presence that would be difficult to remove and would likely result in re-building the alliance. Using myself as an example I am relatively easy to remove, I could blow up Waffe/steal a bunch of alliance assets/delete a bunch of IT data but the actual alliance identity and infra would be intact. For some other people it would probably be impossible to remove them. That is simply the nature of how the game and a lot of real world items work. Understand this could happen for 'any' reason, not just this really awful one we are talking about, and it is simply something we would have to work through. Honestly this falls more into BC/DR than harassment, it's the "hit by a bus" problem in sensitive jobs like IT where if the one guy with all the keys disappeared how would you continue operating.

------

So basically they are considering themselves the untouchables. Literally Blizzard's "We found we did nothing wrong".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

tocooljim posted:

Liquidium, on 11 Jul 2022 - 9:42 PM, said:

What happens when the harassment involves the leadership that is supposed to be enforcing this?

TheAdj:

We are discussing including non-directors in the review team to help cover this somewhat so we do not have any "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" situations. I personally feel that if a complaint was made with evidence against an alliance director, we would take action to remove them. If you want to get into some deep hypotheticals, there are some people that control the levers of both our infrastructure and in-game presence that would be difficult to remove and would likely result in re-building the alliance. Using myself as an example I am relatively easy to remove, I could blow up Waffe/steal a bunch of alliance assets/delete a bunch of IT data but the actual alliance identity and infra would be intact. For some other people it would probably be impossible to remove them. That is simply the nature of how the game and a lot of real world items work. Understand this could happen for 'any' reason, not just this really awful one we are talking about, and it is simply something we would have to work through. Honestly this falls more into BC/DR than harassment, it's the "hit by a bus" problem in sensitive jobs like IT where if the one guy with all the keys disappeared how would you continue operating.

------

So basically they are considering themselves the untouchables. Literally Blizzard's "We found we did nothing wrong".

feels like foreshadowing, but I can't imagine why

Jazerus posted:

men lounging their own way

lmao