Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

American McGay posted:

It truly is. And I hope you mean “rolled credits for the 3rd time”.

lol no, just the once. I know there is a pretty meaty postgame but you're telling me credits roll TWICE more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh honey…

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

They really did make Kirby Automata

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

To be fair I know a little about the postgame. I bought it because I watched a streamer fight the Chaos Elfin

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bleck posted:

The only thing I'm sad about, before even buying the new thing, is that I know that it's a remaster of the Wii remake of the first game instead of the original - the Wii version is all 3D, but the original version was one of those games where all of the environments are 3D but all of the characters are sprites, which I think is nice and charming. I think more games should have that.

I would be similarly disappointed if Tomba was remade with models instead of sprites so I get that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bamco seemed intent on remaking the game for modern resolutions and there's not much you could do with the original sprites that wouldn't make them look like rear end. It's otherwise a faithful remake of the PS1 version (not the weird Wii port). The only other major change is the CG movies being done in engine now because again PS1 video resolution.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

American McGay posted:

It truly is. And I hope you mean “rolled credits for the 3rd time”.

Wait, what’s the third time? Is there a credits sequence after the True Arena equivalent or something (I still have yet to successfully beat Chaos Elfin)?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Does Klonoa run fine on Switch? Keep hearing it runs like rear end on Switch, but people are morons.

I'd prefer portable but might just getting on the PS5 if its bad.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I admittedly only played it for like an hour but I didn't notice any problems. And from what they said higher up in the thread, the performance issues it does have are of the "drops from 60 to 50 FPS occasionally" variety.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's a little bit stuttery but not terrible by any means. it probably misses the 60fps mark more often than it hits it tbqh but dropping down to 50-55 isn't the end of the world

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Palmtree Panic posted:

Does Klonoa run fine on Switch? Keep hearing it runs like rear end on Switch, but people are morons.

I'd prefer portable but might just getting on the PS5 if its bad.

First game ran fine except for the occasional stutter when there's a bunch on the screen, haven't played the second yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
losing the first klonoa’s style wasn’t surprising, it didn’t really exist outside the psx, but the second one’s remake having much simpler shading/shadows is arguably worse

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

$6 is well worth it for me to giggle at Lego men CTE'ing themselves. :colbert:

So, thread: I need to focus on a good ol' JRPG before bed, and my two contenders are DQXI or Pokemon SW/SH (I'm still close to the beginning in both games). I know DQXI is the more popular option around here and it's definitely the more "cozy bedtime vibes" of the two, but on the other hand, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet is coming out in a few months...I may just flip a coin, ha.

Pokémon isn't quite a JRPG in that regard. DQXI is exactly that. But why would you get Sw/Sh with Sc/Vi coming out just around the corner?

Kill time with DQXI and get that at launch when it'll be extra lively.

The only thing that would make me say get Sw/Sh is the fact that you haven't already gotten DQXI, which points to you hesitating since you actually want Sw/Sh but find it a bit silly with Sc/Vi coming out so soon. And in that case I would just say do what you want, since Sw/Sh would clearly make you happier.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Ha, I've actually owned both games since I first got my Switch back in March 2020! I just...haven't played more than an hour or so of either, and want to actually focus on one. :kiddo:

I could just flip a coin, but wasn't sure if the thread had any input (such as one game being significantly shorter, etc).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Ha, I've actually owned both games since I first got my Switch back in March 2020! I just...haven't played more than an hour or so of either, and want to actually focus on one. :kiddo:

I could just flip a coin, but wasn't sure if the thread had any input (such as one game being significantly shorter, etc).

Oh! In that case go with Sw/Sh. It's definitely shorter and dead easy and rather mindless. Don't plan on catching them all and you can finished it before Sc/Vi though I'd be afraid, that you'd Pokémon'd out. So that's why I would still recommend DQXI. You won't finish it probably but that's ok. It's a long book you can put down and come back to whenever.

Alternatively do buy FF, oh let's go with 9, and use the cheats when you're tired of trying. Or 7 and 8 work for this too, but 9's story is more emotive I'd say.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Finished Triangle Strategy, what a drat good game. It was the first tactical RPG I've played so it took me a while to figure out wtf I was supposed to be doing, and idk if I even fully had all the mechanics figured out by the end. Still really fun.

Would I like Fire Emblem if I liked this?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fire Emblem is a bit of a different beast in terms of mechanics, but as far as the story goes then yes absolutely.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Finished Triangle Strategy, what a drat good game. It was the first tactical RPG I've played so it took me a while to figure out wtf I was supposed to be doing, and idk if I even fully had all the mechanics figured out by the end. Still really fun.

Fire Emblem is a different flavor of tactical RPG but there's a decent chance you'd have a good time, yeah. Barreft recently played Fire Emblem for the first time after playing Triangle Strategy and loved it, I know.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You will like Fire Emblem, but I think you'd like Final Fantasy Tactics even more.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Bleck posted:

You will like Fire Emblem, but I think you'd like Final Fantasy Tactics even more.

Give me GBA on Nintendo online so I can have Tactics Advanced

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Seriously for those you jonesing for more Tactics Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark does it's job quite well. It's as good as, say, Wargroove was bad. It has a far better balance and some interesting classes you can work with. Plus difficulty is real customizable. It features what I believe the best item system I've encountered in a game to boot too: a common pool of limited one use items, that regenerates every battle, encouraging their use.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Calidus posted:

Give me GBA on Nintendo online so I can have Tactics Advanced

*Anbernic devices have entered the chat*

In switch related news, I finally made it to sunbreak content!! I also got some skull n co thumbstick caps for my switch and along with the grip this thing feels great.

Well sort of, my hands do still cramp up a bit especially during intense mh rise sessions. I feel like this has happened to me with almost every portable I've had so it's not an OLED exclusive problem

Oh yeah for the rampage urgent quests I always went online to cheese em w other players. Rampage missions suuuuck but I absolutely love that monster hunter will give you the victory if you join a random group of people and they happen to be a specific mission, whether regular or rampage

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 12, 2022

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I got Ring Fit Adventure for my birthday a couple weeks back and fired it up just now for the first jaunt in adventure mode, holy hell that thing kicked my rear end. Worked up a huge sweat and feel pretty good about it. I think it'd make a really good compliment to going to the gym, gonna try for a world every off-day. Gamifying self improvement really seems to work for me, I hope I can make a habit of it cause if nothing else the mini games are pretty fun to compete with my wife on.

I hope you enjoyed my story and look forward to more to come.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I got Ring Fit Adventure for my birthday a couple weeks back and fired it up just now for the first jaunt in adventure mode, holy hell that thing kicked my rear end. Worked up a huge sweat and feel pretty good about it. I think it'd make a really good compliment to going to the gym, gonna try for a world every off-day. Gamifying self improvement really seems to work for me, I hope I can make a habit of it cause if nothing else the mini games are pretty fun to compete with my wife on.

Try not to over-exert yourself, some of the worlds get real long and tough later on.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the Klonoa 2 remaster is rear end. Not worth it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's rear end alright. Bad rear end.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Release the Virtual Boy games on NSO with color filters (you cowards)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Buddy, they didn't even rerelease Virtual Console games on their second 3D system.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

worms butthole guy posted:

Yeah the Klonoa 2 remaster is rear end. Not worth it.

What's rear end about it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Detective No. 27 posted:

Buddy, they didn't even rerelease Virtual Console games on their second 3D system.

lol. What were they thinking? A Virtual Boy collection would have owned for 3DS.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

That would be Ultimate

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I have a VR set, so I can play Virtual Boy games as god intended, by searing them directly into my retinas.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They can't release Virtual Console Virtual Boy games, because that'll ruin the Jack Bros market!!

Or make it more expensive!! I don't know how it works. The point is it doesn't cost exactly the right amount :retrogames:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Yeah, one world every off day might be a tall ask as the later levels break off in tougher runs. Don't be afraid to try the custom content or setting the level down down a bit. The game is great for picking up on you struggling or killing it and will recommend going up or down appropriately.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone else get this strange glitch in Animal Crossing? These green lines show up on the top of my screen when I stand in this exact spot on my island.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I don't know why it happens, but it reminds me of the shape of a glitch I got at the top of my screen too, except walking through parts of my town.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calidus posted:

Is there someway to know if I am actually pulling my weight in hub quests? I really don’t feel like I am in a bunch of these HR6 and HR7 quests. I am not landing as many charged attacks as I should with GS.

Are you carting? If you’re not, you’re doing better than most.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hrist posted:

They can't release Virtual Console Virtual Boy games, because that'll ruin the Jack Bros market!!

Or make it more expensive!! I don't know how it works. The point is it doesn't cost exactly the right amount :retrogames:

My local store had a used copy of that for like $250 a while ago. So weird.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calidus posted:

Is there someway to know if I am actually pulling my weight in hub quests? I really don’t feel like I am in a bunch of these HR6 and HR7 quests. I am not landing as many charged attacks as I should with GS.

As long as you're not carting and you hit the monster sometimes you're a net positive for the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1546842130395631619?s=21&t=Lk3eJaBB8Jm2Qt3xvUTg5Q