Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Yeah the only real way you can drag down a quest is if you cart, or somehow drag things down so much that you run out of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Like if you join and never attack then you're just increasing the monster's HP for no reason, but assuming you're getting in there and fighting and you're not eating carts, you're all good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just last week I was thinking about how a Kirby take on Super Monkey Ball might work. This isn't it, but it seems to be the closest thing to it.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Hell yeah more Kirby

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1546841811016089603?t=muSfn4RJaSO-Sdt5xSDRmQ&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kirby Fall Guys better not be more than $20.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

American McGay posted:

Honestly just wondering if it's gonna be a free game for switch online members since the trailer gives the impression that it's multiplayer only and also it has been awhile since we last got one of those.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

American McGay posted:

I would pay $60 for this too bad it's fake, imagine believing there is a Nintendo UK.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I'm glad the goal of the new game is make Kirby as fat as possible.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
there's not much summer left kirby. better come out soon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A bit more info:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/kirbys-dream-buffet-switch/

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Racer? Mini-game compilation? All I know is that Kirby spin-offs tend to be good fun.

Seems free given what's written here and how limited a game it is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems kind of like a sequel to Gourmet Race from Super Star except that Kirby is a ball again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s $100

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm losing my mind at the thought of Kirby Fall Guys. :holy:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously for those you jonesing for more Tactics Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark does it's job quite well. It's as good as, say, Wargroove was bad. It has a far better balance and some interesting classes you can work with. Plus difficulty is real customizable. It features what I believe the best item system I've encountered in a game to boot too: a common pool of limited one use items, that regenerates every battle, encouraging their use.

It's a great handheld watching-TV game. There's a constant stream of upgrades and party decisions to make if you like that kind of thing.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If it has gyro then this is exactly the tilt n tumble sequel I wanted

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It doesn’t and it’s not.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hungry hungry hippos Kirbys they’re in an eating race.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Tilt n Tumble was frustrating to me as a kid, would love to play it again on the switch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hell yeah

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Aw poo poo Olli Olli World is on sale (just 20% off). Ya got me, Nintendo.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I just had a dream that they announced an open-world Kid Icarus game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SirBukkake posted:

I just had a dream that they announced an open-world Kid Icarus game.

What if it was entirely vertical

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morpheus posted:

Yeah the only real way you can drag down a quest is if you cart, or somehow drag things down so much that you run out of time.

What does carting mean in the MHR sense? I'm familiar with the game, but haven't played a multiplayer mission yet. I assume it's essentially not pulling your own weight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What does carting mean in the MHR sense? I'm familiar with the game, but haven't played a multiplayer mission yet. I assume it's essentially not pulling your own weight.

Each hunt has a 3 cart/faint limit that’s shared by the party.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Carting = dying. When you run out of hp the animation has you carried back to the tent on a cart by cats, who then dump you out unceremoniously.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, see, I've done that in single player (that loving Bishaten :argh:), but didn't understand it when y'all were referencing it.

Do people die intentionally, or are you all just saying 'make sure you git gud'?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.nintendo.com/my/support/qa/detail/33804

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don’t think anyone dies intentionally in online MH. It’s been a pretty chill experience. Everyone wants to beat the monster and get the loot as much as you. I think the most contentious thing about the experience is kills/captures.

Sunbreak is pretty nice since everyone in it has beaten the main game so you know they know what they’re doing. But otherwise, even in the main game, there’s no “get good” attitude about it. At least none that I’ve encountered. Maybe Nintendo’s draconian online service is a blessing in disguise.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, see, I've done that in single player (that loving Bishaten :argh:), but didn't understand it when y'all were referencing it.

Do people die intentionally, or are you all just saying 'make sure you git gud'?

It's not that people are dying intentionally, it's just that people play recklessly, don't heal, etc. and then faint.

The reason that's a big deal is that, when you're in multiplayer, the "3 faints and the quest fails" limit is shared. That means if one guy faints three times, you all fail the quest. Or three different people each faint once, etc. It's inevitable you're going to cart in multiplayer hunts once in a while so don't beat yourself up about it when it happens, but if you cart more than once in the same hunt that's a definite sign to try harder to avoid damage.

I think I play a little more conservatively in multiplayer than I do solo because if I'm solo, it's only my time I wasted if I fail the quest, but in multiplayer, there are up to three other people who also lose if I gently caress up too bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Harrow posted:

It's not that people are dying intentionally, it's just that people play recklessly, don't heal, etc. and then faint.

The reason that's a big deal is that, when you're in multiplayer, the "3 faints and the quest fails" limit is shared. That means if one guy faints three times, you all fail the quest. Or three different people each faint once, etc. It's inevitable you're going to cart in multiplayer hunts once in a while so don't beat yourself up about it when it happens, but if you cart more than once in the same hunt that's a definite sign to try harder to avoid damage.

I think I play a little more conservatively in multiplayer than I do solo because if I'm solo, it's only my time I wasted if I fail the quest, but in multiplayer, there are up to three other people who also lose if I gently caress up too bad.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don’t think anyone dies intentionally in online MH. It’s been a pretty chill experience. Everyone wants to beat the monster and get the loot as much as you. I think the most contentious thing about the experience is kills/captures.

Sunbreak is pretty nice since everyone in it has beaten the main game so you know they know what they’re doing. But otherwise, even in the main game, there’s no “get good” attitude about it. At least none that I’ve encountered. Maybe Nintendo’s draconian online service is a blessing in disguise.

I've put 300 hours in to Rise/Sunbreak and encountered exactly one person that had kinda lovely custom shouts for when people faint.
Nintendo stays winning by keeping us away from eachother.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

I've put 300 hours in to Rise/Sunbreak and encountered exactly one person that had kinda lovely custom shouts for when people faint.
Nintendo stays winning by keeping us away from eachother.

Sartre was right

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Calidus posted:

Is there someway to know if I am actually pulling my weight in hub quests? I really don’t feel like I am in a bunch of these HR6 and HR7 quests. I am not landing as many charged attacks as I should with GS.

What are you using for your skills? Since I'm a big baby I like the Adamant Slash and the Rage Slash. Rage Slash sacrifices the power of the True Charged Slash for armor and the ability to change direction. The Adamant Slash is a wirebug move that dashes up and slashes, which then sets your next slash up as #3. It's also armored. So you can Armored Dash > Slash > Armored Level 3 Slash as long as you have wirebugs.

I also like the three-hit combo you can replace Level 1 Slash with in Sunbreak.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Time on Frog Island is out. :dance: I'm seeing a lot of people compare the vibe to A Short Hike, which I loved.

Nintendo posted:

A terrible storm ravages the seas around you, casting your mighty vessel into the perilous rocks of a nearby island.
You awake to find your ship in pieces, shipwrecked on a strange island filled with… frogs?

A spaghetti network of trades will take you all over this strange island as you seek out materials to fix your boat. You will meet a cast of friendly characters, solve head scratching puzzles, find hidden treasures, and much more as you explore the world of Time on Frog Island.

Explore at your own pace:
- Make your own path in this island sandbox, you never know what will be around the next corner!
- Get to know the froggy locals and help out where you can.
Discover new items by fishing and farming, and concoct simple brews that will change how you traverse the island.
- Learn from the frogs and put your new skills to the test around the island.

Trade to fix your boat:
- Ask around for the items you need, but bear in mind that you might need to do a frog a favor to get what you want.
- Solve interesting puzzles to get your hands on required items.
- Try not to get too sidetracked by island life!

Experiment with everything!
- Run faster, jump higher, fall slower, anything is possible if you’re holding the right item.
- Discover different ways to complete those crucial trades.
- Each object you pick up could end up being the key to something bigger.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

wuggles posted:

What are you using for your skills? Since I'm a big baby I like the Adamant Slash and the Rage Slash. Rage Slash sacrifices the power of the True Charged Slash for armor and the ability to change direction. The Adamant Slash is a wirebug move that dashes up and slashes, which then sets your next slash up as #3. It's also armored. So you can Armored Dash > Slash > Armored Level 3 Slash as long as you have wirebugs.

I also like the three-hit combo you can replace Level 1 Slash with in Sunbreak.

I miss the jump silkbind attack 50% of time but it still really cool, when combo it the a charge plunge attack into a True Charged Slash. I am getting better at using silkbind moves to get in and out of range of monsters.

I am not good at using tackle/guard tackle and positioning. It feels every unnatural, I always try to do mid attack animation.

I have poking around with the new Sunbreak combo.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Calidus posted:

I miss the jump silkbind attack 50% of time but it still really cool, when combo it the a charge plunge attack into a True Charged Slash. I am getting better at using silkbind moves to get in and out of range of monsters.

I am not good at using tackle/guard tackle and positioning. It feels every unnatural, I always try to do mid attack animation.

I have poking around with the new Sunbreak combo.

If you're using the jump move you should definitely give Adamant Slash a try, then.

The main use case for Switch Skill Swap is using Rage Slash for 99% of the fight and then TCS when that stupid idiot goes to sleep.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I beat Sunbreak last night. Gonna take a break before doing post-game. Started up the Live A Live demo. It looks gorgeous. I almost played through the the Super Famicom version a couple years ago but got stuck in this part as the Cave Man guy. There was a section where enemies would flood a room and you had to get past it but they kept touching me and initiating a battle and I couldn’t figure out a way to get through. Looking forward to getting to that part in the full game. Heh, just realized that even though I was playing the fan translation, there was no dialogue in the cave man part, so I won’t be noticing any differences between the fan and official translation.

Anyway, I started the Shinobi chapter for the demo first. I’m so conflicted with doing a pacifist or murder run. I put my thoughts in spoiler tags just in case, but I don’t think it really warrants it. Murdering everyone seems more fun and will yield more exp and stuff, but I looked ahead and the reward for pacifism is a cool sword, and I’m a sucker for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyway, I started the Shinobi chapter for the demo first. I’m so conflicted with doing a pacifist or murder run. I put my thoughts in spoiler tags just in case, but I don’t think it really warrants it. Murdering everyone seems more fun and will yield more exp and stuff, but I looked ahead and the reward for pacifism is a cool sword, and I’m a sucker for those.

Murdering literally everyone and murdering nobody at all are both puzzles you’ll probably fail at on a blind run, for what it’s worth.