Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Aw, no PMs for me.

Also, since someone recently posted in here about those stripy yellow and black caterpillars that hang out on ragwort, I've been seeing them everywhere. There were little stripy guys on every bit I saw today!

e: I don't even have photos of them for the new page, oh god i'm so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They changed it back ages ago, go get yourself a Solero right this instant.

lol i had no idea

if there's one thing i'm good at it's seeing through a grudge :hehe:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TommySheppard/status/1546840535201095680?s=19

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Deketh posted:

Aw, no PMs for me.

Also, since someone recently posted in here about those stripy yellow and black caterpillars that hang out on ragwort, I've been seeing them everywhere. There were little stripy guys on every bit I saw today!

please pull up ragwort if/when you see it

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Julio Cruz posted:

please pull up ragwort if/when you see it

What why, don’t do that

Edit: to clarify, there are at least two dozen uk species that subsist solely on ragwort

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Sanford posted:

What why, don’t do that

why julio WHY

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cinnabar moths are good and you shouldn't pull up ragwort.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I’ve always been told you shouldn’t pull it up, because horses ignore it while it’s growing but will eat it dry on the ground, and then their liver falls off or something.

Edit: poor freckles, ate a pulled up ragwort and died

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Any moth tries to get in my house I swear I'll do time

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Normal country with a normal constitution

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1546874218683531264?t=oI0NTFQcode9xxbYPqKRdw&s=19

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's raining and by 'eck the garden needed it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jippa posted:

Only people with the grenade logo.

Just Another Lurker is the first example I can see on this page without it.

Private Messaging is only accessible to those with a Platinum account, which it says i don't have.

As a solitary creature i can't say i'm bothered. :shrug:

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah ragwort is bad for horses but supposedly also bad for people to handle without gloves. There's a ton of it growing out of the pavement edges round here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean if you could just call them whenever you like then surely I could get elected to parliament and spend all day every day calling no confidence votes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

There was a big one in my bedroom last night and now I don't know where it's gone, if my posting becomes more moth positive than usual please assume i have been eaten to death by moths and they are now using my computer

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ragwort is barely poisonous unless you eat a heaping bowl like salad.

It's those little caterpillars who spend all day eating it and concentrating the poison in their sausage bodies that you have to watch out for.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1546854148343300100?s=20&t=Mo6bA4ECekYCMw9-8LnBnA

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

What why, don’t do that

Edit: to clarify, there are at least two dozen uk species that subsist solely on ragwort

huh I always believed it should be done because it's toxic to horses

but having done some research apparently it's probably fine unless it's like, right next to a stables or something

the more you know

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can't get the boomer dad vote if you don't face a full 180 degrees away from Scotland at all times while screaming "I will not countenance the existence of the perfidious Scot!" at full volume.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Not from the UK so I don't know how these thigns work, but is blocking the opposition from even bringing up a VoC allowed?

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-government-block-plan-hold-confidence-vote-opposition-labour-party-2022-07-12/

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

fuctifino helped me out with the process of getting prescribed medical cannabis, so definitely message him if you're thinking of going that route

Thanks dude!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Cimber posted:

Not from the UK so I don't know how these thigns work, but is blocking the opposition from even bringing up a VoC allowed?

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-government-block-plan-hold-confidence-vote-opposition-labour-party-2022-07-12/

Rules don't matter, only power matters

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rehman's plot to raise his profile doesn't even seem to be working great so far

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

peanut- posted:

unclear if this is a poll of members or just random Conservativehome readers, but still: lol

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1546832557395812352

ConHome survey respondents tend to be even more rabid than than the general Tory membership, so the actual runoff would probably be closer, but I think if any of the proper nutcases (Badenoch, Truss, Braverman) make it through to the members then hilarity will ensue.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Lmao at Rehman’s only backer being himself.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chinese Gordon posted:

ConHome survey respondents tend to be even more rabid than than the general Tory membership, so the actual runoff would probably be closer, but I think if any of the proper nutcases (Badenoch, Truss, Braverman) make it through to the members then hilarity will ensue.

I think there's a real chance of Truss making it to the final 2. Fun thought

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Lmao at Rehman’s only backer being himself.

Didn't they need like 8 MPs to be nominated? Did his supporters defect immediately?

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

He never had any to begin with lol

Which is apropos since from what little I know of him, he's actually one of the less evil Tory MPs. Certainly the least evil of those running, anyway.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

the sex ghost posted:

Any woke moralist tries to cancel my brown sauce I swear I'll do time

the sex ghost posted:

Starting to think you want to do time for something

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

I think there's a real chance of Truss making it to the final 2. Fun thought

Truss is probably the second thickest (behind Braverman) and most incompetent of all the candidates, so I'm sure the dashing go getters at Labour HQ will be urging her on.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ro5s posted:

Didn't they need like 8 MPs to be nominated? Did his supporters defect immediately?

these are people who've declared they're running, the nominations close at 6pm

e: and the requirement for nominations has been raised to 20 in an effort to stop there being 10 candidates and the contest taking 6 months

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 12, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
My local Monster isn't listed as supporting anyone yet. I expect he had geared himself up to vote for Patel but as she's not standing, he's probably wondering which Hitler-adjacent he can switch to.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
For two days you've been asking "Who is Rehman Chishti?" This is

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Javid is out for failing to be sufficiently psychotic to get the backing of his colleagues.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

They tabled a motion saying "“That this house has no confidence in Her Majesty’s government while the Rt Hon Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip [Boris Johnson] remains prime minister.”" and tried to argue the Wilson no confidence (that this house • her majesty's government and deplores the prime minister’s conduct of the nation’s affairs) is a precedent, despite one of them being conditional and one being fluff.

Tories claiming they said "no, but you can table the usual wording" so this feels like a ridiculous unforced error as soon as labour said "we don't want to".

What sort of moron can be ruined by someone saying "please fill out the forms properly" in British politics ffs

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Deketh posted:

Aw, no PMs for me.

They become these cool moths. I've been doing butterfly transects all day. I love my new job!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Spangly A posted:

They tabled a motion saying "“That this house has no confidence in Her Majesty’s government while the Rt Hon Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip [Boris Johnson] remains prime minister.”" and tried to argue the Wilson no confidence (that this house • her majesty's government and deplores the prime minister’s conduct of the nation’s affairs) is a precedent, despite one of them being conditional and one being fluff.

Tories claiming they said "no, but you can table the usual wording" so this feels like a ridiculous unforced error as soon as labour said "we don't want to".

What sort of moron can be ruined by someone saying "please fill out the forms properly" in British politics ffs

Tbf, no-one is going to actually care that the problem was parliamentary procedure, Labour gets more headlines like "Boris refuses no-confidence vote" and the middle-class 40s man who doesn't like tories because they are sleezy gets more irate.

It's pandering to a base, that base being lib dems/FBPEs.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Catzilla posted:

They become these cool moths. I've been doing butterfly transects all day. I love my new job!

Oh cool, that's a badass looking moth. My flat is full of moths that just love bumbling their way into my face while I'm watching TV but fortunately they're not as big or menacing as those guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Tbf, no-one is going to actually care that the problem was parliamentary procedure, Labour gets more headlines like "Boris refuses no-confidence vote" and the middle-class 40s man who doesn't like tories because they are sleezy gets more irate.

It's pandering to a base, that base being lib dems/FBPEs.

It is, but you can still do that and then submit it normally so you've beaten them, and then you get to make the Tories take time out of the leadership campaign to defend themselves from both sets of headlines

Why wouldn't you force the issue you want? You know the outcome, they just handed labour the only actual win they can get from here, and they chose to let every candidate off the hook