Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

One old reason for /var as a mount point was to keep files kept open for long intervals by system processes away from the system or user mounts to lessen the chance of file system corruption after a hard crash. Better to lose /var than the other fses, which presumably don't have long lived open files and are therefore less likely to be in an unsynced state.

We have more reliable file systems today so that's pretty moot. Journaling and the like meant that you don't have to face an fsck process that wants you to actually answer questions and provide it guidance on how to recover the fs even in the face of a power failure. You won't undermine fs metadata structures even if you do lose data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

ExcessBLarg! posted:

With the right initrd, some Linux distros explicitly support mounting /usr as read-only. Bootstrapping /bin and /sbin is done by the initrd mounting /usr before calling pivot_root.

Indeed:

code:
% sudo touch /usr/foo
[sudo] password for Lifroc:
touch: cannot touch '/usr/foo': Read-only file system
% ls -ld /home
lrwxrwxrwx. 5 root root 8 Jun  7 08:59 /home -> var/home

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

What’s the most minimalist Linux distro now that’ll support k3s?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone ever built linux for an embedded system and know of a resource for describing the process at a medium/high level?

I got an RG351V which is a rockchip based gameboy-looking system that usually gets used to emulate old games. I'm not super happy with the distributions available (they're all ancient or maintained by a weekend hacker such as myself) so I figured I'd make a project out of it to cross compile my stuff package it into an image with a distro (ubuntu seems the most common for this but I'm not set on it).

A smarter me would dig into the distributions that are available and hack on them.. but now I'm kind of interested in doing this. A lot of the recipes seem to revolve around fetching a fork of the kernel, building it, building boot image for u-boot then "somehow" bundling that and the OS into a bootable image.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
So I installed Debian 11 with the intention of having dual booting with grub but no matter what I seem to do I can't get anything other than Windows to boot. On a Thinkpad T480.

Things I've tried (bear with me as some of the things I am saying I have little to no understanding of):
- safe boot is disabled, UEFI/legagy boot is set to "both"
- I have tried rearranging the boot order in the bios or even taking Windows boot manager out altogether to no effect
- I have tried mounting the EFI partition and overwriting bootmgfw.efi and bootx64.efi each with grubx64.efi, this just caused the boot to fail altogether until I returned the filed back to normal

Here are my SSD partitions. Partition 2 should be (/dev/nvme0n1p2) EFI which I mounted and seems to have folders for Microsoft and grub. Partition 6 is the install of Debian. Is there something specific about Thinkpads that restrict how you can boot because the last thing I tried came from here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Lenovo_ThinkPad_T480#UEFI_and_GRUB

e: whoops sorry

breadshaped fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 9, 2022

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bedshaped posted:

Things I've tried (bear with me as some of the things I am saying I have little to no understanding of):
- safe boot is disabled, UEFI/legagy boot is set to "both"

I would definitely go UEFI-only, and make sure that your drive is GPT formatted. In an all-EFI system you don't have to worry about MS overwriting your boot system or anything. And you should be able to use the BIOS boot selector (F12 or maybe fn-F12 on lenovo) to pick a boot partition.

Bedshaped posted:

Here are my SSD partitions.

try that again?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Maybe it was the UEFI-only setting but I reinstalled everything to be sure anyway and now it correctly starts into grub!

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

jaegerx posted:

What’s the most minimalist Linux distro now that’ll support k3s?

Fedora CoreOS? That's what I'll install on my VPS along with k3s or k0s, still unsure which I'll pick.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Is there any way to make the GTK file picker (ie open / save as) not suck enormous piles of dong? In particular, the ability to type a frikken path somewhere? I'm on KDE but some things still use the gnome one, it seems to be the default for apps that don't use either toolkit for their native window like firefox or sublime text.

Do the gnome people seriously believe that it can finally be the year of linux on the desktop if they just hide all the scary computer stuff?

VVV edit: thx!

I also found that firefox can be made to use the KDE or whatever native file picker with about :config "widget.use-xdg-desktop-portal.file-picker" set to 1

Klyith fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 11, 2022

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Klyith posted:

Is there any way to make the GTK file picker (ie open / save as) not suck enormous piles of dong? In particular, the ability to type a frikken path somewhere? I'm on KDE but some things still use the gnome one, it seems to be the default for apps that don't use either toolkit for their native window like firefox or sublime text.

I do not believe it's possible to make it not suck. However, there is a "solution": Ctrl+L

I know, it's obvious and very intuitive for everyone.

Klyith posted:

Do the gnome people seriously believe that it can finally be the year or linux on the desktop if they just hide all the scary computer stuff?

I do not believe that the gnome people give a poo poo about anything but being more like apple. It is what it is.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Klyith posted:

Do the gnome people seriously believe that it can finally be the year of linux on the desktop if they just hide all the scary computer stuff?

VVV edit: thx!

I also found that firefox can be made to use the KDE or whatever native file picker with about :config "widget.use-xdg-desktop-portal.file-picker" set to 1

Yea uninstall gnome and let kde do its job of being the actual good/usable desktop manager.

I just found alternatives for any software dependent on gnome when i decided i really liked kde, gnome is a cancer that needs to be excised unfortunately.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mr. Crow posted:

Yea uninstall gnome and let kde do its job of being the actual good/usable desktop manager.

I just found alternatives for any software dependent on gnome when i decided i really liked kde, gnome is a cancer that needs to be excised unfortunately.

lmao the stuff that depends on various versions of GTK includes firefox, vivaldi, electron, & gimp. Maybe some of those like firefox are not real dependencies and the program will still run without GTK installed? But I'm not gonna try forcing that.

Anyways for now I'm also using deadbeef as a music player, which is a gnome app. It's the only thing that is even close to a foobar replacement.

The state of music on linux desktop is pretty dire TBQH. I knew it wasn't great since I'd looked into the subject before switching and saw that there weren't exactly a plethora of good options. It's just weird though; it seems like linux would be the one place where most people would still insist on a real music collection.

I'm close to considering using MPD, which would need a complete re-arrange of my collection. I don't do the normal /artist/album/tracks folder scheme and my experience with MPD as the backend for my Pi player was that it hates anything else.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Klyith posted:

lmao the stuff that depends on various versions of GTK includes firefox, vivaldi, electron, & gimp. Maybe some of those like firefox are not real dependencies and the program will still run without GTK installed? But I'm not gonna try forcing that.
Most desktop applications will be programmed to use either GTK/GNOME or Qt/KDE Frameworks but not both. Since so much code in a desktop application interacts with the underlying framework (UI, but also system services, timers, maybe sockets, etc.) in order to support both frameworks you have to abstract away a significant part of the application plumbing and then provide implementations for both frameworks, which is a significant duplication of effort.

However, some really large multiplatform desktop applications do exactly that. Firefox (XUL) and StarOffice/OpenOffice/LibreOffice/whatever (VCL) provide GTK and Qt-based UIs that are "selectable" at runtime through flags or theme configs. I don't think you'll ever see a port of the GIMP to KDE/Qt though. GTK was originally developed as the GIMP ToolKit, but of course has long been subsumed by GNOME.

GNOME has a history of "dumbing down" its interface with every major revision. Which is true, although GNOME 1 was only a collection of disparate GTK-based components and whatever window manager a distro decided to package with it. But since at least GNOME 3 the project exists to fulfill the Red Hat/Fedora vision of a Linux desktop without much accommodation for people who want something slightly different than that. KDE has always taken a more inclusive approach and while there was certainly a hiccup during the KDE 3-4/Plasma transition I think they've generally tried to cater features towards what their users actually want.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Klyith posted:

Anyways for now I'm also using deadbeef as a music player, which is a gnome app. It's the only thing that is even close to a foobar replacement.

The state of music on linux desktop is pretty dire TBQH. I knew it wasn't great since I'd looked into the subject before switching and saw that there weren't exactly a plethora of good options. It's just weird though; it seems like linux would be the one place where most people would still insist on a real music collection.

I'm close to considering using MPD, which would need a complete re-arrange of my collection. I don't do the normal /artist/album/tracks folder scheme and my experience with MPD as the backend for my Pi player was that it hates anything else.

I'm using Strawberry as a music player for local files. You can also use spotify with https://github.com/abba23/spotify-adblock for the music you don't have locally.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I mean I have a few low level gtk libs installed (mostly cause of my custom login manager I think) but stock KDE should work fine with all those and have a usable file picker for everything? In my defense I read your post as if you had gnome and KDE desktop environments running side-by-side not just the GTK libs? If you migrated from gnome you probably need to remove a few more high level utils somewhere, maybe? Like nautilus (gnome) vs dolphin (kde)?

Also I haven't used it extensively but I can second Strawberry; though I mostly just use a pinned tab in my browser (Firefox) these days. Works with my keyboard shortcuts too :shrug:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mr. Crow posted:

I mean I have a few low level gtk libs installed (mostly cause of my custom login manager I think) but stock KDE should work fine with all those and have a usable file picker for everything? In my defense I read your post as if you had gnome and KDE desktop environments running side-by-side not just the GTK libs? If you migrated from gnome you probably need to remove a few more high level utils somewhere, maybe? Like nautilus (gnome) vs dolphin (kde)?

Oh, no, that's not the issue, I should have been more clear. I'm on KDE and have been since the start. At my current level of proficiency if I wanted to switch DE/WM I'd probably reinstall. It's just the secondary programs using GTK libraries, where interacting with open & save as dialogs is super-obnoxious.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

GNOME has a history of "dumbing down" its interface with every major revision. Which is true, although GNOME 1 was only a collection of disparate GTK-based components and whatever window manager a distro decided to package with it. But since at least GNOME 3 the project exists to fulfill the Red Hat/Fedora vision of a Linux desktop without much accommodation for people who want something slightly different than that. KDE has always taken a more inclusive approach and while there was certainly a hiccup during the KDE 3-4/Plasma transition I think they've generally tried to cater features towards what their users actually want.

Yeah I'm real happy with KDE, it's got some jank but I think that's an unavoidable consequence when there's as much "have it your way" as they do.

I didn't like KDE3/4, whenever I took a stab at running dual-boots or whatever in the past decade I did XFCE. But it was mostly the look of it -- old KDE to me was like the worst mix of winXP and winamp skins. I can see how the change to Plasma must have been a shake-up, but it's really so much nicer.

And I'll check out Strawberry. I'm pretty particular about a few things though, and Clementine was already lower on my list than Deadbeef because it doesn't do replaygain particularly well. (It does some which is better than nothing, but some formats don't have support.)

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
"Have it your way" except for date/time format. I'm still salty that some Dane has decided that Canada uses some dumb format, and you can't tailor it without hunting down whatever English-speaking country "officially" uses YMD and 24 hour time.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Klyith posted:

Not sure what you mean about the state being dire, to me it always seemed like every nerd worth their salt wrote their own music player so that there's an abundance of choice. As with Linux distributions, perhaps too many.

For most people a "good option" is just something that plays their music so you'd have to be a bit more specific I think, we don't know your requirements.

A decade++ ago I used to use Quod Libet, which is a very metadata focused player that lets you customize most aspects of what info is displayed in the interface, perform regex queries against your library, and has a good tag editing tool built in. I've since switched to MPD as my player with ncmpcpp as client and beets for library management, because its networked approach was a better fit for my use.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Tad Naff posted:

"Have it your way" except for date/time format. I'm still salty that some Dane has decided that Canada uses some dumb format, and you can't tailor it without hunting down whatever English-speaking country "officially" uses YMD and 24 hour time.
Aren't date-time formats a spectrum in the Anglosphere anyways? Like sure, the US is mostly 12-hour time outside of first-responders, hospitals, logistics, the military, and computing. I do have to go through some effort to convert appliance clocks to 24 hour time and many don't even support it here.

AFAIK the UK is also mostly 12-hour but you'll more frequently encounter 24-hour digital clocks. I assume continental influence?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
The time format in KDE 5's official clock widget just got stupid for some weird reason. In KDE 4 you could set a custom time format and move on with life. Now it has to be some standard format, no matter what.
Currently I'm using https://github.com/Zren/plasma-applet-eventcalendar as the clock, which allows you to put in whatever format you want.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Analog clocks for humans all the time.

I didn't realize it until Douglas Adams pointed it out, but when you read a digital clock you're mentally converting it to a pseudo-analog representation in your brain, like a line or something. With an analog clock you skip that and it's perceptibly faster.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

NihilCredo posted:

I didn't realize it until Douglas Adams pointed it out, but when you read a digital clock you're mentally converting it to a pseudo-analog representation in your brain, like a line or something. With an analog clock you skip that and it's perceptibly faster.

That probably depends wholly on age / whether you've used analog clocks all life or not, unless there are any studies backing it? I just look at the number and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

Isn't that just based on how you were taught and grasped time? If anything I find an anlog clock to require more work in my head than a digital clock. I did learn 12 hours first so I do find 24h always has a little step in my brain to convert back.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Keito posted:

That probably depends wholly on age / whether you've used analog clocks all life or not, unless there are any studies backing it? I just look at the number and that's that as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have any studies backing it, but I don't think it's limited to clocks and the way they are taught. It might be an ingrained difference of some kind, like the much-rumoured inner voice.

For example, if you read "battery charge 67%" or "task completion 878/1000", aren't you briefly picturing some kind of bar or tank or something that's two-thirds filled?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

NihilCredo posted:

I don't have any studies backing it, but I don't think it's limited to clocks and the way they are taught. It might be an ingrained difference of some kind, like the much-rumoured inner voice.

For example, if you read "battery charge 67%" or "task completion 878/1000", aren't you briefly picturing some kind of bar or tank or something that's two-thirds filled?

no

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

percentages remind me of fire emblem 7, because that was my first exposure to the concept

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

NihilCredo posted:

To me it sounds like you have visualization as a very central component of your thought process. I'm located far to the other side of the spectrum where there are pretty much just nonvisual, wordless concepts floating around. People's minds are built very differently, and so I'm quite wary of generalist conclusions like the above, or the oft-repeated statement that everyone remembers things better if they write them by hand (it might very well be true for most, but none of the research results I've read so far have convinced me that this is some universal truth).

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Keito posted:

Not sure what you mean about the state being dire, to me it always seemed like every nerd worth their salt wrote their own music player so that there's an abundance of choice. As with Linux distributions, perhaps too many.

That's kinda what I think is dire: there's dozens of write my owns but few of them get the sustained work to make something really good. Admittedly Foobar is a really high standard: it's been around for a decade, it gets small improvements all the time, and has an amazing plugin system.

Keito posted:

For most people a "good option" is just something that plays their music so you'd have to be a bit more specific I think, we don't know your requirements.

Required:
• Replaygain on all formats. This is a problem for gstreamer-based players like clementine. Sadly it looks like quod libet also uses gstreamer. So you have the situation where the people making the music player say "sorry it's a gstreamer problem" and the gstreamer people are making a general multimedia framework rather than a audiophile-specific music player.

• Clean GUI. I don't care about much more than a playlist view, a big playlist switcher (in foobar I used the plorg treeview organizer because I had like 40-50 playlists), and a small album art panel. No scrolling lyrics, visualizers, etc. (Also any music player which has high CPU use or consumes half a gig of memory should be summarily executed.)

• good built-in manual tagging. Foobar's tagging is what made it great since the beginning, and the scripting system is awesome. I might grab the Ex Falso standalone tagger from Quod Libet and use that separately, it seems good.

• comprehensive format support. For example I have a couple of things in matroska, which it seems like nothing other than MPD supports. (I should just re-container these into ogg TBQH.)

occasional updates. Like, music playback isn't exactly a moving target these days. Once every few years a new meaningful format comes out or change happens. I often skipped a few foobar versions.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I use mpg123.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Klyith posted:

That's kinda what I think is dire: there's dozens of write my owns but few of them get the sustained work to make something really good. Admittedly Foobar is a really high standard: it's been around for a decade, it gets small improvements all the time, and has an amazing plugin system.

Required:
• Replaygain on all formats. This is a problem for gstreamer-based players like clementine. Sadly it looks like quod libet also uses gstreamer. So you have the situation where the people making the music player say "sorry it's a gstreamer problem" and the gstreamer people are making a general multimedia framework rather than a audiophile-specific music player.

• Clean GUI. I don't care about much more than a playlist view, a big playlist switcher (in foobar I used the plorg treeview organizer because I had like 40-50 playlists), and a small album art panel. No scrolling lyrics, visualizers, etc. (Also any music player which has high CPU use or consumes half a gig of memory should be summarily executed.)

• good built-in manual tagging. Foobar's tagging is what made it great since the beginning, and the scripting system is awesome. I might grab the Ex Falso standalone tagger from Quod Libet and use that separately, it seems good.

• comprehensive format support. For example I have a couple of things in matroska, which it seems like nothing other than MPD supports. (I should just re-container these into ogg TBQH.)

occasional updates. Like, music playback isn't exactly a moving target these days. Once every few years a new meaningful format comes out or change happens. I often skipped a few foobar versions.

Quod Libet essentially ticks all your boxes except its ReplayGain implementation, I guess? It does support ReplayGain which I was using back then, and it worked fine for my music library at the time. Not sure about format support as I only had Vorbis in Ogg containers.

MPD doesn't have any tag editing AFAIK, and I don't really know the state of its clients outside of the one I use. Maybe someone else knows a foobar2000 like one. In your previous post you wrote that you'd have to rearrange your library to use it, but MPD doesn't really care as long as you're able to specify a root folder for your music. It will just scan the metadata from files and put the info in its database.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Klyith posted:

Why not just run Foobar via Wine? Some other audiophiles seem to have taken this path:

https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/b6hvsy/foobar2000_on_linux_through_wine/ejm1vwu/

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

SSL has to be different for ever major release and distro right?

Hey let's compile some random poo poo to use this other lib! OpenSSL? Lol

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Bob Morales posted:

SSL has to be different for ever major release and distro right?

Hey let's compile some random poo poo to use this other lib! OpenSSL? Lol

If you have ssl problems, openssl is almost certainly the cause

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Keito posted:

Quod Libet essentially ticks all your boxes except its ReplayGain implementation, I guess? It does support ReplayGain which I was using back then, and it worked fine for my music library at the time.

Ok I installed Quod Libet and it is doing better than other gstreamer players I tried (which weren't doing replaygain on musepack files). Hmmmmmm. Now I have a decision. Probably keep using deadbeef for now, since the main thing I dislike about it is GTK and Quod Libet doesn't change that.

Keito posted:

MPD doesn't have any tag editing AFAIK, and I don't really know the state of its clients outside of the one I use. Maybe someone else knows a foobar2000 like one. In your previous post you wrote that you'd have to rearrange your library to use it, but MPD doesn't really care as long as you're able to specify a root folder for your music. It will just scan the metadata from files and put the info in its database.

Yeah when looking at MPD I'd be doing all management with other apps. As the frontend I was mostly looking at Cantata, but that has now ceased development. :mad:

My library rearrangement thing is based on using Moodeaudio for Pi, which is pretty much a web frontend for MPD. I was having trouble with some stuff like album art if albums weren't all put into their own folders. Maybe that's an artifact of Moode more than MPD?

NihilCredo posted:

Why not just run Foobar via Wine? Some other audiophiles seem to have taken this path:

https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/b6hvsy/foobar2000_on_linux_through_wine/ejm1vwu/

Foobar via wine is not a good experience. On my system it crashes after 10 seconds of play if it isn't set to resample to 48khz, and doesn't seem 100% stable if it is. Some of that may be that I just tried to import my existing install with various plugins (though I removed the shell integration / hacky ones). And even if stability wasn't an issue:
* the UI isn't 100% free of glitches, because foobar's window is weird
* no media keys / keyboard shortcuts, no drag and drop
* running wine constantly is kinda dumb overhead for a music player

If I was that married to Foobar I'd have stayed with Windows.

(Autohotkey was much closer to being a deal-breaker. Note that I haven't asked the thread about an Autohotkey replacement, because I've already done the research and tried all the things that people on the internet recommend. They all suck by comparison, plus most are broken by Wayland. The actual answer is to learn python to do the scripts and little 1-hour apps, and use KWin's excellent rules and hotkey system for the window management stuff.)

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Quod Libet is almost perfect, except the "previous track" button doesn't actually work in shuffle mode.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

How about Audacious as an alternative to deadbeef? It has a Qt UI.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Tangentially related to audio, has anyone ever had an issue where audio doesn't work (lol) when you log in but muting and adjusting the volume up or down fixes audio coming out of the speakers? Both muting and volume adjustment need to happen, logs as far as I can see show nothing and I can't get any information on why it does this. On pipewire. At one point with pulse-audio I had issues where it would load the OS with wrong sink-port (whatever that means) and I was able to write a script on login that would do the same thing, just flip the port back and forth but I can't figure out how to debug this new issue. At the least is there a programmatic way to mute and adjust volume?

(I have / am currently running all default audio configs as far as I can tell at the moment, disabled my old script above, deleted all config files everywhere I could find).

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 13, 2022

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Something similar used to happen to me when I was using alsa+pulseaudio. Alsa started muted and that got toggled by muting and unmuting in pulse. With pulse not displaying the muting because only the underlying alsa was muted.

The problem vanished at some version update, never figured out a real fix.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

So I just installed plex media server machine on my Ubuntu machine. It can read files on my main drive but it cant see anything on my big media drive I have installed in it beyond the mount point. i.e. when I'm trying to add the library foulder in the /Seagate drive it can see the folder itself, but when I select it, I cant select any sub-folders or add files. I'm sure it's a permissions issue, but I'm not sure how, as everything has permissions 755, so theoretically it should see it. I haven't changed any options, I just installed Plex. Anyone had this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

No experience with Plex but could it be a 32-bit issue? That's the first thing that comes to mind with this kind of problem with large drives. Most I could see is someone in 2020 having an issue with it only being 32-bit https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/en6wvy/just_realized_plex_server_is_only_32bit_so_does/