Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fash Versplatten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

nerox posted:

178cm is 0.088 chains. I hope this puts it in better context for you.

If you prefer a different measurement, its also 8.8 links.

how many stones is that

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ethanol posted:

Having to use some metric bolts today at work (in america) and questioning my existence . Am I even real

SAE is mostly metric now I think

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAUXTON posted:

lol, if only it was 6 weeks, luckily it'll be over in 2

E: on the other hand, this season has managed to wring some very good racing among nearly every team/driver in a lot of previously-thought-boring tracks so maybe that's gonna happen again this week. Maybe Ocon wins at home.

The thread should be closed for the summer break.

jk, let that poo poo RIIIIIP!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I figured it out. The same person that cross posted that Austrian GP review to Reddit is the same coward who anonymously messaged the mods like a bitch

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

not sure this thread is ready for summer break

I have 3 Checo winning races to rewatch, I'll be fine.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Hot Karl Marx posted:

how many stones is that

Stone is a unit of mass not length! Your ignorance is going to cause me to drink a hogshead of beer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Did we already talk about Masi being exiled to crim fail land

He was hounded and cancel cultured out of his job by the toxic Poois "stans". Very unfortunate and sad

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

why are we talking about dinghys in a goddamn f1 thread

I’d be happy to talk about the crime against humanity that is Richard Mille design but apparently I’m the only one

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I’d be happy to talk about the crime against humanity that is Richard Mille design but apparently I’m the only one

they're very good at telling what time it is, unfortunately it's always time to get a normal watch and grow up if you're wearing a Mille

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

???

Looks pretty sexy to me, OP.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

they're very good at telling what time it is, unfortunately it's always time to get a normal watch and grow up if you're wearing a Mille

time for an engine to blow up

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The only crime m Assi did was not dsq Verstappen in Austria 2019. And for that he should be executed

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

Lance Stroller (get it, cause the car is bad) owns OP.

i don’t get it because i have not watched formula 1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
from Michael Masi to the SAGP marshal to the McLaren lady it seems like poois fans like to narc on people and get them fired. I think this is concerning

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
now that masi is "leaving" fia, can we officially give the WDC to its rightful owner (Lewis Hamilton)?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nawilo_420 posted:

now that masi is "leaving" fia, can we officially give the WDC to its rightful owner (Lewis Hamilton)?

agreed masi leaving is an admission that lewis should get the WDC and the men of the verstappen family can get a lifetime FIA ban and a long sentence in american prison for receiving stolen property

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

Having to use some metric bolts today at work (in america) and questioning my existence . Am I even real

North America's continued persistence with SAE is loving infuriating in my opinion. Its largely just limping forward on momentum from the construction industry and the fact that North American business culture dictates you don't invest in loving anything unless its like literally going to grind your business to a complete loving halt or some six figure consultant you're paying wants to dispense some cargo cult bullshit that doesn't mean spending anything on actual infrastructure.

Having owned a GM van from the 80s when they were still transitioning was the real loving nightmare because of above and of course they were too cheap to just do it all in one go. It was just a shot in the dark whether any given thing was metric or SAE unless it was the engine then it probably was SAE.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I'll go to my grave thinking it was Merc that hosed over Lewis last year, not Masi (well Masi helped I guess).

After the safety car came out, Lewis knew he was hosed because he thought they were going to let all the cars through like normal - they should have pitted him for softs, he would have made easy work of Max if he stayed out for track position.

What I mean to say is Toto is a Dodo.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 12, 2022

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

marshalljim posted:

???

Does that watch set of an alarm if he breaks house arrest?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

I'll go to my grave thinking it was Merc that hosed over Lewis last year, not Masi (well Masi helped I guess).

After the safety car came out, Lewis knew he was hosed because he thought they were going to let all the cars through like normal - they should have pitted him for softs, he would have made easy work of Max if he stayed out for track position.

I have also considered this, but if they followed the rules the race would have ended under safety car

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sab0921 posted:

He was owned regardless because of when the SC came out imo, though yeah he should have pitted

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Max himself did nothing wrong himself in that clusterfuck (dude had fresh tires and thus was faster) but that situation was garbage.

Masi made a human error with Toto and Horner shouting in his ears but what a massive mistake. Good that team bosses can't have that direct contact any more.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

It was always my position that it was extremely loving stupid to not cover off the chance of a safety car given they clearly had a significant pace advantage over Red Bull not once but twice lol.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

FAUXTON posted:

agreed masi leaving is an admission that lewis should get the WDC and the men of the verstappen family can get a lifetime FIA ban and a long sentence in american prison for receiving stolen property

:hai:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

marshalljim posted:

???

all watches suck and are lame, x2 for smart watches.

let your wrists be free my bros

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

marshalljim posted:

???

Correct

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

marshalljim posted:

???

Gotta admit, though im not a fan of his that is my kind of style. Also that watch is dope as

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

You don't see engines blow up spectacularly anymore but Ferrari still cares about history and passion and gave us a nice pop on Carlos' car.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

net work error posted:

You don't see engines blow up spectacularly anymore but Ferrari still cares about history and passion and gave us a nice pop on Carlos' car.

Aero is for people that can't build engines.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

italian quid posted:

It was always my position that it was extremely loving stupid to not cover off the chance of a safety car given they clearly had a significant pace advantage over Red Bull not once but twice lol.

This is correct. Mercedes strategy hosed up badly.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
we still doing a racism about the dutch? I have some hot turds to deposit regarding the Boers and the general state of South Africa over the last few hundred years that I'm sure are somehow relevant to Max being a piece of poo poo that somebody will think is in earnest.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

it’s mainly the pedo accusations that make me lol, we literally had people defending some naked child anime last week. glass houses m8

BIKES!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So I’ve been thinking about my long years of suffering this terrible sport. I was a huge fan of Alain Prost, preferred him over Senna. Then Alesi and Panis, two very talented drivers who never got their hands on decent equipment, but showed glimpses of brilliance in horror cars such as the early nineties Ferraris and late nineties Benettons. And I am a huge fan of Charles rn. Turns out, I have a thing for French speaking dudes? I have to think this over seriously…

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get In There Lewis

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Real talk it's 100% Latifi's fault. The controversy should've been the state of the binmen the FIA are allowing onto the grid.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zedd posted:

Aero is for people that can't build engines which light on fire mid-race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zedd posted:

Aero is for people that can't build engines.

Where does McLaren Honda fit in here

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If porche do end up as the red bull supplier while Honda goes works again then hooo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bikes ftw