Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

It's gonna be the former, and it will happen fast*

* for certain DOJ-related values of the word

It's not like there's "will you be my prose-cutey" valentine's card the committee sends to the DOJ.

This evidence is the recommendation, i.e. one fine silver platter creaking under the weight of a case all wrapped-up and pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

mdemone posted:

Well let's be clear. The committee will do exactly that. They have no power or position to do anything else.

However DOJ has gone real fuckin quiet in the last week, aside from ongoing sentencing hearings and so on for J6 misdemeanors and some light felonies.

It can't be overemphasized how much The Union is literally riding on this DOJ.

There is one sense in which the Jan 6 Hearings are counterproductive because without them one could conceivably walk away thinking it was just a riot. But now no one, save a small cadre of UFO conspiracy theorists making their KKK uniforms out of tinfoil, is going to walk away from this moment in American history thinking this was anything other than what it actually was. And that means everyone now gets to find out if there really is a line or if the rule of law was just a bluff all along.

The answer to that question is what will determine what happens to this country next.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 12, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rigel posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was literally true.

I'd have thought it would be 812 for "Heil Trump"?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

-Blackadder- posted:

It can't be overemphasized how much The Union is literally riding on this DOJ.

There is one sense in which the Jan 6 Hearings are counterproductive because without them one could conceivably walk away thinking it was just a riot. But no one, save a small cadre of UFO conspiracy theorists making their KKK uniforms out of tinfoil, is going to walk away from this moment in American history thinking this was anything other than what it actually was. And that means everyone now gets to find out if there really is a line or if the rule of law was just a bluff all along. The answer to that question is what will determine what happens next.

The key part, and I keep saying it, is that this would be a disaster almost without predecent for Congressional power, not to mention the executive's ability to check itself (independent DOJ). We are talking about existential threats to all three of those entities, maybe not next year but eventually.

Edit: if they don't indict, I should say. Sorry, I'm verklempt

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Really letting these guys roast here.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is there a ketchup stained wall in Mar a Lago right now?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

It's not like there's "will you be my prose-cutey" valentine's card the committee sends to the DOJ.

This evidence is the recommendation, i.e. one fine silver platter creaking under the weight of a case all wrapped-up and pretty.

Sure, of course. But I can see it taking several weeks still

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Sigint corroborating the narrative

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Getting realllyyyy loving close to tying trump to the PBs/OKs

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"Don't push it Nigga. Lol."

They really hung on that one.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
Flynn is unhung

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh my God this is nuts. I suspected that these groups had coordinated but seeing it so laid bare. Goddamn it's loving crazy how close we came to Civil War 2

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Michael Flynn is there anything you weren't involved in?

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

Picture of Flynn with Oath keepers and Proud Boys shown

Steward Rhodes: literally saying they should use violence to make Trump President (""he is STILL our commander in chief"")

SniHjen fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 12, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SalTheBard posted:

Oh my God this is nuts. I suspected that these groups had coordinated but seeing it so laid bare. Goddamn it's loving crazy how close we came to Civil War 2

You're already in one

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
Stone: unhung

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Here it is

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh poo poo they have both gangs tied together

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This had not been known, it is massive

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Roger Stone is so hosed

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love all these tough guys demanding that other people kick off the violence well they cosplay in their military gear.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Swamp Cracker?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Of course it's loving Owen Shroyer.

Of loving course it is.

God drat it lol.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"Oath-breakers! Do your loving job!"
-- SWAMP CRACKER

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AHAHAHAHA STONE YOU TRAITOR

somebody may wanna find his rear end

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

""Where willing to use violence against anyone, trying to prevent Donald Trump, from remaining president, including the national guard""

and Roger Stone shaking hands with Oath Keepers

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Stone you dumbass, these people are just all so tremendously dumb.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I didn't know how badly I wanted to see Stone do the circle-punch cereal dance until I was denied it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Popete posted:

Stone you dumbass, these people are just all so tremendously dumb.

Have you seen his frontal lobe?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Popete posted:

Michael Flynn is there anything you weren't involved in?

Fifth

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Stone's "frontal lobe" rests way back on his brain-pan.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, please let Alex Jones see some consequences for this too :pray:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Alex Jones keeps getting mentioned and it's like going into a hot, comforting bath.

gently caress me. THis is beyond perfect.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

He might catch a stray but they'd be better served to pressure him on his existing poo poo

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

mdemone posted:

He might catch a stray but they'd be better served to pressure him on his existing poo poo

Don't make me Sophie's Choice my rage babies.

I want them all to burn.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

Don't make me Sophie's Choice my rage babies.

I want them all to burn.

I mean pressure him as a means to bolster this case, and then send him up anyway

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

nine-gear crow posted:

Incredible. I can't IMAGINE what the contents of that Friends of Stone chat must look like. I hope it's a big focus.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

I'm getting the sense, that everyone around trump, knew it would be bad, but didn't know what to do, looking to each other for advice.

Ali Alexander: ""Elipse, then Capitol, Trump is supposed to order us to the capitol at the end of his speech""

RIP "spontaneous" excuse

SniHjen fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 12, 2022

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
Mike Lindell: unhung

E: actually, I doubt Lindell ever swore an oath to the constitution. He prolly lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Aaaahhhhhhahahhhhhhhhhhh