Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

and then of course how test and Panfam handles this poo poo

I came from a corp where a very well loved director did this poo poo, the alliance absolutely hosed that up because they couldn't separate sexual harassment issues from moon drama

are there no good alliances of normal people :smithicide:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Potato Salad posted:

and then of course how test and Panfam handles this poo poo

are there no good alliances of normal people :smithicide:

have you forgotten what game this is

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

*evaluating a coalition with a corp named "Sniggerdly" in it*
Why yes, these look like fine, upstanding individuals. I'll don my monocle and fit right in.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Like obviously throwing stones in a glass house but thats the thing: self awareness.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

goons_dont_need_hr.png

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
There's not even a war

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Yknow, I know basically nothing about that whole trial but as far as I can tell it's now being used by every single abuse apologist to dismiss women's claims and I loving hate it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jenrai posted:

Yknow, I know basically nothing about that whole trial but as far as I can tell it's now being used by every single abuse apologist to dismiss women's claims and I loving hate it.

you know everything really necessary to know

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

goons_dont_need_hr.png

oh hey that's the prick who sits in the newbie ice mining area next to rens and ganks newbies with about 8 alts.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Potato Salad posted:

even "huh here's a loud Panfam poster on Reddit" > click other posts > "oh cool, wow, great"

literally how i've found most of the racist pieces of poo poo i've found in karmafleet. once i recognize one of them on reddit i always click the post history and 90% of the time it pays off

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
drat, I am going to have to read all 42 pages now to figure out wtf is the current drama.

I won Eve 6 or 7 years ago, and miss the camaraderie a lot. Tried other games (Ugh, Final Fantasy) but nothing ever stuck, since I was broke brained and confused video games with work, after spending 20+ hours a week for 5 years in GSOL. Now I just play Deep Rock Galactic and go hiking a lot.

On the other hand, I don't have to make excuses to myself on why I tolerate being around lovely people like Mittani. He's the perfect example of someone who got eaten by their online persona.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Goon drama at its finest, people shocked big idiot guy is a big idiot

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Foehammer007 posted:

Goon drama at its finest, people shocked big idiot guy is a big idiot

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Arkhamina posted:

Now I just play Deep Rock Galactic and go hiking a lot

sounds like youre winning at more than just eve tbh

tocooljim
Jan 6, 2009
So currently in the process of transparency they are hiding all the bad takes on GF.com

"We want this topic to have a open and constitutive discussion. For that reason i have hidden some posts that don't help with that. We want people to feel welcome to post there opinions and experiences here."

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"Men, have you been what you consider to be unfairly accused of sexist or transphobic behaviour by your tribe? Please feel free to post here, this is your safe space. Also I have an awesome end table, especially designed for men for sale on my website, only $1488.69"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Arkhamina posted:

drat, I am going to have to read all 42 pages now to figure out wtf is the current drama.

I won Eve 6 or 7 years ago, and miss the camaraderie a lot. Tried other games (Ugh, Final Fantasy) but nothing ever stuck, since I was broke brained and confused video games with work, after spending 20+ hours a week for 5 years in GSOL. Now I just play Deep Rock Galactic and go hiking a lot.

On the other hand, I don't have to make excuses to myself on why I tolerate being around lovely people like Mittani. He's the perfect example of someone who got eaten by their online persona.

praise be drunk dwarf game

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Arkhamina posted:

I'm not space famous or anything just some random white noise nobody but this kinda sums up a lot. The Imperium and The Emperor Of Space, line-members-as-a-devoted-deathcult stuff was amusing when it was just a cringe roleplay persona to create interest and story in a game that would otherwise be excel with a pretty background, but playing pretend too long seems to have gotten to some people's heads lmao

At the end of the day, volunteer space leadership is about fostering a safe and enjoyable environment for your fellow human beings to enjoy their hobby together, from the space game stuff to the infrastructure stuff to the tedious and emotionally draining actual-trust-and-safety stuff, and that last part, actual trust and safety, does really need to be taken way more seriously and handled with more sensitivity than has been demonstrated.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Arkhamina posted:

One of the Wisconsin people said to ask you about him irl

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
re: Amber Heard. Edited since it is irrelevant.

It's another dog whistle to say Amber Hearding and it's problematic.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 12, 2022

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Baculus posted:

literally how i've found most of the racist pieces of poo poo i've found in karmafleet. once i recognize one of them on reddit i always click the post history and 90% of the time it pays off

heh, during the war and height of propaganda I would always spend a few minutes every other day or so checking out the TEST posters' history and, mind you not all of them, they always ended up exactly where you would expect

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

The problem with saying "Amber Heard-ing" something is that, as the trial showed, both people are pieces of poo poo, and the problem is there's no one person at fault because they were both telling the truth at the other being abusive towards them. The verdict even said so, but because the nature of the case being the offensive for Johnny Depp on his account of defamation specifically, that's why he won. If he was tried specifically for being abusive, he would have lost. So would she in the vice-versa of events.

this is an inaccurate description of what happened, posted in the wrong thread

but you're not wrong about it now being a dog whistle/excuse for blaming victims in general

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
don't amber heard me bro

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

heh, during the war and height of propaganda I would always spend a few minutes every other day or so checking out the TEST posters' history and, mind you not all of them, they always ended up exactly where you would expect

when do you join

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

NtotheTC posted:

when do you join

not sure if you knew but Am0k is perpetually recruiting so every time I try to leave I immediately get recruited back in

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Bigbillthaboss posted:

not sure if you knew but Am0k is perpetually recruiting so every time I try to leave I immediately get recruited back in

Considering the qualifications for Am0k seem to involve "be openly lovely, racist, or misogynistic" it's not surprising they keep bringing you back.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Jenrai posted:

Considering the qualifications for Am0k seem to involve "be openly lovely, racist, or misogynistic" it's not surprising they keep bringing you back.

thank you for confirming the oxygen deprivation experiences you had as a child

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
and how is that different from using the R word exactly? I ask as a disability care worker in rl.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

learnincurve posted:

"Men, have you been what you consider to be unfairly accused of sexist or transphobic behaviour by your tribe? Please feel free to post here, this is your safe space. Also I have an awesome end table, especially designed for men for sale on my website, only $1488.69"

Please don't drag the funny sex number into this.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
and how is 1488 different from using the N word exactly? I ask as a non-lovely normal person in rl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

deniability mainly

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I ask as a non-lovely normal person in rl.

no you dont

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bigbillthaboss posted:

and how is 1488 different from using the N word exactly? I ask as a non-lovely normal person in rl.

Oooh yay! Gaslighting! Haven't seen you in this thread for a day, how you been doing old friend?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hello fellow gon, i have seen a few folks asking about groups in eve that are not stuffed to the gills with poo poo heads. to that end i will do my best to lay out some options for folks that want to play eve online but don't want to deal with capital 'g' Gamers:

all of the gigantic null blocs are the same or worse than the imperium on these issues. don't argue with me on this - i have access to relays of most groups general chats, i see their line members and leadership show their asses in community discords. if you want to get away from this kind of behavior, the big groups ain't it. the only caveat is that i do not have visibility into the non-english speaking asian communities within those blocs. Whereas most of the euros post in English on english language forums, the asian groups do that a lot less. You'll have to ask someone else how things are in the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, and Filipino language contingents of the major blocs.

smaller groups to avoid: No Forks Given, TISHU, Bad-touch, Snuffed Out, ur dunked, shadow cartel

groups that exist that i don't have much insight into the culture of anymore: We Form Bl0b, V0lta (but they're euros so i can guess), Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks

Recommendations

Large groups: Brave. They're presently in a fight for their lives and dunk dinkle has done a good job (so far as i can tell) of tamping down the toxicity that flourished under the leadership of people that hosed off to TEST after wwb2.

WHers: Prismatic Legion

Mid-sized: Crunchwrap coalition. As a matter of disclosure, I'm currently in a member of this coalition called Deepwater Hooligans. The group skews younger and is almost entirely Dudes, but the leadership does not tolerate any manner of bigotry or harassment and has actively examined itself and identified areas it can improve. The other group is Of Sound Mind, which is run chiefly by a group of trans women that know one another irl

otherwise, your best bet is just getting together with some buds and doing stuff at a small scale.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

otherwise, your best bet is just getting together with some buds and doing stuff at a small scale quitting this dumb and terrible game.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!

That Works posted:

Same here, ie no ideological bent, but I also thought it was fnln (or someone they knew?) who catfished them to end up with the remdick dramabomb. If nothing else wasn't fnln the one to break the initial story?

Sorry, does not impact the lovely handling of abuse either way, just the "keylogger" stuff seemed a bit out of left field vs now distant memory of that whole ordeal.

okay so this post is kinda disjointed because a lot of stuff I haven't thought about in a while comes back the more I think about it and I just kind of throw the details in and I wanna take a shower so aplogies for the pulpfiction style interlaced old goonstories here but they're all kinda connected and give eachother contact

Nah, it was a keylogger installed by a goon, who's name i can't remember, wanna say it started with a T, if anyone remembers the goon thay was staying at remedials house as a roommate for a few months under the specific direction of Mittani (Best man at Remedial's wedding, remember) as a "security assurance" to make sure he couldn't skip away with the Titan fund as they were suspicious & because they thought he was skimming off the resub commissions and goon merch (he was, to both)

they were pulling in like $130k a year off merch and d.dargon snatched up like ~90k of that to himself, off merchandising alone, and another half of about 70 grand in resub commissions from that one website they'd always plug, I wanna say. All 2006-7 dollars, not adjusted for inflation.

Rem was a theif from day one. Robbed every single previous gooncorp one way or another, he was the reason they'd all collapsed.

I wasn't a part of the business end of Goonfleet, ever, idk who all else got paid. Probably mostly him

iirc that whole hustle got hosed up when Lowtax threw a C&D at them for the logo and they had to change it, and then after the remedial fallout, they never got that kind of money coming in again thru merch.

I want to say that this involved a period of time where the game and org were verboten from SA over it, but it may have only been threats until it was sufficiently altered, this is when it went from grenade logo with wings to the gsf bee & imperium logo (which, i swear they got yelled at by games workshop over that too, but gw yells at literally everything that mentions their ip at all so that may not be correct)

I know merchandising was the goldmine tho, those $20 shotglasses and $10 stickers and poo poo.( I just woke up and haven't thought about those details in a minute so those numbers may be off if anyone else remembers to better detail, but they're in the ballpark, six figure stuff.)

Sidenote: This was happening while this grown rear end mans with a law degree begged goons to pay for *his* rent, *too*. (isn't it funny how history rhymes ha ha ha)

Goonfleet was pulling in big money for 2006-7 spaceship guilds

The login info was slipped to me ingame via another director, who I won't name out of respect for their not being dragged into poo poo w/o their sayso (they haven't played or been in the community in a decade) who told me they were distributing it to me specifically to be spread around by me, because it'd give em plausible deniability, "DON'T SAY WHERE THIS CAME FROM THIS, CONVERSATION NEVER HAPPENED", as me and remedial were known to hate each other very openly by then, and i wasn't in the corp proper anymore

so it'd be a thing where the assumption would start at the one dissemenating the stuff, and be difficult for any irl recourse as i was a minor* on the other side of the country before smartphones were really a thing, and had never, ever shown a photograph or real name at that point - People thought my name was Omar irl for a decade, lmao.

(*Mittani has used young men to do his dirty work, this is a constant & has never changed, Xenuria is his latest disciple, before that it was Vio, Eronarn, Digi, all young, impressionable men used to give a barrier of plausible deniability. It. Is. A. Pattern. )

Anyways, I, being a 16-17 year old who hated remedial's guts by that point, dug up everything i could find and flung it into the air like a dog in a catbox
but i 100% didn't have anything to do with the *criminal fuckin' conspiracy* to acquire the login info, it was simply given to me with the direction of 'Spread. Everything. Everywhere. I didn't find out the full truth on how it came out until after, when I'd already checked out from the game.

I was told around the time that it was from Rem sharing his account details with directors and him using the same pw for his email and they found out on a guess.

If I'd known what's up then, i would've leaked that in the immediate aftermath to get a one-two on Rem and Mittani at the same time because i *also* hated his guts at the time & shortly after started working with Eronarn to release the dumps of that "Usefully Homosexual" chatlog (Google phrase + Mittani, Eronarn tweeted about it again in 2020, adding he was 17-18 at the time of request) but the timing was wrong, people outside of goonfleet didn't care who he was, people inside were told to ignore the bitter vets, and the rollout was ineffective to alert the greater eve community so he has never faced any comeuppance for that one.

I think that story of me catfishing remedial got mixed up because I *would* catfish dudes on OkCupid occasionally just to be a lovely kid, waste their time for an hour and then post the chatlogs on the goonfleet forums in its very beginning days.

again, i definitely wouldn't do that stuff today either, but if you're a depressed 16 year old with no irl social support & dozens of people online laughing at stuff you do telling you it's funny+cool, odds are you're gonna do it - not that I'm proud of it, but i ain't gonna deny it either

that was a real chick from aff he was tryna bang, the log was from his email. God knows why aff would plaintext log and email all of your chats to you, but it appeared to -
[EPILOGUE]
That was the closest he appeared to ever get to a threesome.
He has children now, and is in the military last I heard.

He changed his name, I'm not gonna doxx him right here - but the name is funny like if you knew Dan Dargon, you'd think his new name was funny and loving dumb too. It's not going to help him escape being disbarred in the state of NH & fined $300k, for running mortgage foreclosure assistance scams targeted against senior citizens

which he appears to have skipped out on paying back, on googling to make sure i was correctly remembering that whole thing

[link removed]

~Know Your Goons~

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 12, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

of course, but some of us have brain problems that compel us to play the bad game

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

learnincurve posted:

Oooh yay! Gaslighting! Haven't seen you in this thread for a day, how you been doing old friend?

the irony of you labeling my joke as gaslighting when it was a copy /paste mockery of your post and a couple substituted words

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bigbillthaboss posted:

the irony of you labeling my joke as gaslighting when it was a copy /paste mockery of your post and a couple substituted words

No, see what you did there was try and use the R word in a sneaky way. I mocked Mittens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

FirstnameLastname posted:

He changed his name, I'm not gonna doxx him right here - but the name is funny like if you knew Dan Dargon, you'd think his new name was funny and loving dumb too

Cool

quote:

Link with a new name
:thunk: