Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
You guys are going off and making it sound like powerful people are going to see real consequences.

Is there someone watching this who isn't furiously masturbating right now? I'm at work so I'm just going by the commentary here. I'd love someone more calm.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That one got cancelled I think

Thought it was postponed?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Jaxyon posted:

You guys are going off and making it sound like powerful people are going to see real consequences.

Is there someone watching this who isn't furiously masturbating right now?

I am watching it during meetings at work and while compelling testimony and narrative, I remain sceptical the DOJ will actually do anything.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mdemone posted:

I'm dead, just put me in the trash

"I love the smell of coup in the morning"

-Trump, Jan 6th on video while burning an American flag

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TheSpartacus posted:

Thought it was postponed?

That's what I meant.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jaxyon posted:

Is there someone watching this who isn't furiously masturbating right now? I'm at work so I'm just going by the commentary here. I'd love someone more calm.

You should probably just watch it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"We will fight for dirt"

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
So, about the pardons that Stone and Flynn got... Is there anything they can be charged with now or are they pretty much untouchable?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At this point, this hearing is going to end with Trump kicking the doors in, running up the aisle and pausing at every row of seats and screaming "I DID IT! I DID IT! YES I DID IT! THROW ME IN JAIL! I DARE YOU! I DID IT! AND I'D DO IT AGAIN!"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fearless_Decoy posted:

So, about the pardons that Stone and Flynn got... Is there anything they can be charged with now or are they pretty much untouchable?

We don't know details of their pardons, or what that would mean.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jaxyon posted:

I can jerk off thinking about a supermodel while also knowing I'll never gently caress her.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Jaxyon posted:

Every time I browse the running SA commentary I think "ok they are probably posting in the moment in this fun little bubble, but they are overselling it"

Then later when I see it myself. :stare: Every single time. I'll watch this one later, but I'm not going to doubt this thread.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay get back to me when you slowpokes have watched the most ridiculous Congressional hearing of all time.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Antifa

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

Roger Stone: ""This is nothing less than a epic struggle for the future of the country, between dark, and light. Between the godly, and the godless, between good, and evil, and we will win this fight, or America will step off into a 1000 years of darkness""

Micheal Flynn: ""Tomorrow, Trust me, this is land that we have fought for, (can't keep up) those that don't have the moral fiber in your body, get some tonight, WE WILL NOT STAND FOR A LIE""

Ali Alexander: "" 1776 is always a option! (crowd cheers) Those generates in the deep state will give us what we want!"

Alex Jones: (chanting) ""It's 1776! 1776! 1776! 1776!!""

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wow, audio of Republican congress people the day before it went down going "We need a safety plan for congress people because there's a fuckton of Trump people here who are going to storm the capitol when we don't overturn the election."

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

mdemone posted:

We don't know details of their pardons, or what that would mean.

Pardons are not private? Their posted online by the DOJ. They don't pardon people of future crimes.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TheSpartacus posted:

Pardons are not private? Their posted online by the DOJ. They don't pardon people of future crimes.

Find a link. You seem to know.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, audio of Republican congress people the day before it went down going "We need a safety plan for congress people because there's a fuckton of Trump people here who are going to storm the capitol when we don't overturn the election."

*"When we don't- when we probably don't- when we probably don't overturn the election"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fearless_Decoy posted:

I just now looked up those two pardons to check. They were both very narrowly and specifically written to cover only the crimes they were convicted for. They did not get a blanket pardon that would cover anything beyond those specific criminal cases.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Burn in Hell, Stephen Miller.

Burn in Hell.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait the Oathkeeper dudes haven't even started talking yet.

Holy poo poo the witnesses haven't even testified and I need to chain smoke and take a nap already.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Stone wasn't even pardoned. He had his sentence commuted.

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010

mdemone posted:

Find a link. You seem to know.

On my phone, please just google "stone pardon" or "Flynn pardon".

Guy above is right about stone, it was a commutation

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Wild prediction:
Three convictions for treason, one death sentence (commuted), dozens convicted for sedition

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holy poo poo the witnesses haven't even testified and I need to chain smoke and take a nap already.

Nope almost all of the OK who would know anything, are getting flipped and sentenced right now. Rhodes hasn't talked yet publicly, as far as we know.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
"Please put back in the lines where I call Mike Pence a wuss"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TheSpartacus posted:

On my phone, please just google "stone pardon" or "Flynn pardon".

Keep going brah you're almost there

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

mdemone posted:

Nope almost all of the OK who would know anything, are getting flipped and sentenced right now. Rhodes hasn't talked yet publicly, as far as we know.

The ones in the hearing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Xiahou Dun posted:

It would be very funny if this whole session went without the committee talking to them once, just making that guy sit there with whatever the gently caress t-shirt he's wearing.

Maybe not a good idea, but very funny.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Actually, no. Stone had his sentence commuted and then he was also pardoned. The former in July and the latter in December, both in 2020 (and therefore before January 6th).

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SubG posted:

Actually, no. Stone had his sentence commuted and then he was also pardoned. The former in July and the latter in December, both in 2020 (and therefore before January 6th).

And have we seen that pardon text?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that receiving a pardon means you can't invoke the fifth amendment anymore when talking about those crimes, because part of getting pardoned means that you're basically admitting to your guilt.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lager posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that receiving a pardon means you can't invoke the fifth amendment anymore when talking about those crimes, because part of getting pardoned means that you're basically admitting to your guilt.

First part correct, second part wrong.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Lager posted:

Pretty much, yes.

You are admitting the crime but then it's slightly more complicated how it interacts with the Fifth.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mdemone posted:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1349096/download

edit: which was given later on, after this: https://www.justice.gov/pardon/page/file/1293796/download

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

During this call, the Vicepresident told the president, that he would not atempt to change the outcome of the election. In response, the president called the vicepresident a wimp, and other derogatory words.

(trump to speech writer): reinsert the Mike Pence Lines.

speechwriter inteview: "There was a very tough.. ahem, "tough" sentence, that was added"

Ivanka was bothered that Trump had called Pence expletives.
She had hoped to talk to, and calm him down... until he went on stage.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Live testimony with some real winners.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

mdemone posted:

Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001