Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

It's a really strange combo. I feel like the dudes who are gonna wanna see Obituary aren't gonna be interested in AA and vice versa. I feel like the crowd's gonna be half metalheads who think AA are lame radio melodeath and half AA fans who think Obituary are boring OSDM.

I am in the former and will be attending and will probably end up sticking around and enjoying AA's set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Gonna try to go to the Atlanta show

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i for one like all four of those bands and may try to hit that Philly date

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

metal shows have always had weird combinations of hardcore, death metal, black metal, thrash, etc. if anything i find those shows more fun than 4 bands that all sound very similar.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Im the opposite. I hate a dm band followed by doom or vice versa. I like concerts of 3-4 bands in the same genre but I can def see why someone would like variety too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Carcass/Deafheaven had one of the funniest mixed crowds I've ever seen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I always liked going to all dayers with a mixed genre, like after a hardcore band has played someone would do an acoustic set and everyone would just sit down and chill to it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

hell as a teen i only got into death metal to the somewhat limited amount i am by seeing morbid angel on the extreme steel tour. same for getting exposed to hardcore via hatebreed at one of the 8 million shows they have done.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I would show up late and leave after Obituary.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I would show up late and leave after Obituary.

id stay for carcass if they only played their goregrind stuff

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Carcass/Deafheaven had one of the funniest mixed crowds I've ever seen.

oh man

in 2006 i saw unearth open for slayer and that was a bunch of dudes in girl jeans immediately leave the orlando house of blues as all the big dudes in battlejackets scuttled in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKlEPrGTpg

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i once got last minute tickets to a Bauhaus show, and in order to make it I had to drive straight there and go to the show wearing Phish pajamas and wow tradgoths are a hostile crowd

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

oh man

in 2006 i saw unearth open for slayer and that was a bunch of dudes in girl jeans immediately leave the orlando house of blues as all the big dudes in battlejackets scuttled in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKlEPrGTpg

lmao at a slayer show at harpos in like 2010 some local metalcore band was playing and none of them had loving shoes on and we all clowned on them and heckled them whenever they were not playing

also i remember soulfy/sworn enemy/e town concrete and all the hardcore kids were absolutely not ready for the drunk trailer park guys that all came lumbering out for soulfy and i vividly recall one kid just getting rocked across the pit like 4 seconds into Eye for an Eye mid ninja kick

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Some of my fondest concert memories are being 15 in the basement of the community hall at some 6 hour long marathon concert featuring Every local band including but not limited to metalcore, electronic blip bloops, and pop punk. Somehow for all of these a pit opened up. I love a mixed genre bill

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I will go and enjoy all of the bands imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

honestly by the time AA hits the stage ill prob be drunk enough to dig the set

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
I saw Sabaton and Kreator back in ... ages ago. I love them both, but yes, it felt a bit strange to be honest. A fair bit of people present were mainly there for Sabaton (headliners).

Volguus fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 12, 2022

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I don't think it's planned one way or another, I think most organizers just go by "what are the biggest names I can get that won't actively run each other's fans away"

Last Sunday's stage ended up with Exodus, Testament, then Nightwish. So basically at around 22.30 before Nightwish you would see most of the dads and moms going to grab a few beers and leaving their spots to their children.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Guys

GUYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGz_TFuOyqY

There's a new Hibria song that actually isn't loving dogshit

I mean it's not amazing but it actually kinda hearkens back to their good old stuff

Also I just realised it's from January so not exactly "new", but still

Nordick fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 12, 2022

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Anybody know what the metal venues are in Seattle? I'm moving there next month. Also good local bands to check out would be appreciated. As in bands who mostly play around town, not the Drawn and Quarteredes or Bell Witches or Metal Churches of the area.

what does this mean for your band, i liked what i heard when you posted your bandcamp then i forgot their name oops

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kvlt! posted:

It's a really strange combo. I feel like the dudes who are gonna wanna see Obituary aren't gonna be interested in AA and vice versa. I feel like the crowd's gonna be half metalheads who think AA are lame radio melodeath and half AA fans who think Obituary are boring OSDM.

I am in the former and will be attending and will probably end up sticking around and enjoying AA's set.

the absolute funniest thing about AA is that if you listen to the first dethklok record and then twilight of the thunder god, you would think dethklok was a direct parody of it. like varyags of miklagaard and the lost vikings sound eerily similar. but dethklok came out first

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

the absolute funniest thing about AA is that if you listen to the first dethklok record and then twilight of the thunder god, you would think dethklok was a direct parody of it. like varyags of miklagaard and the lost vikings sound eerily similar. but dethklok came out first

Wasnt there some actual connection? Maybe a guest vocal from AA or something I seem to remember some sort of crossover. Or maybe theyre just so similar im imagining one.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kvlt! posted:

Wasnt there some actual connection? Maybe a guest vocal from AA or something I seem to remember some sort of crossover. Or maybe theyre just so similar im imagining one.

not afaik but perhaps i missed some Lore

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Remembering going to a Summer Slaughter tour in high school and Ensiferum was on the bill for some reason. When they took the stage it felt like everyone under the age of 18 except for me and my friend disappeared from the venue.

Also the quality of Amon Amarth's set will rely entirely on how much pre-Twilight stuff they play.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

not afaik but perhaps i missed some Lore

Yeah I looked it up and couldnt find anything, which only proves your point even further tbh

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

shirtless sweaty 40-somethings with skullets are stoked

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

what does this mean for your band, i liked what i heard when you posted your bandcamp then i forgot their name oops

We're actually going into the studio this weekend! After I move every active member will live in a different state, so it will likely become a very intermittent project if it doesn't fold. We're trying to send this one out to labels though so future work could be more worth the hassle if things break right.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Amon Amarth are just the AC/DC of death metal

You know exactly what you are gonna get and you gotta be kinda impressed at their committment to the bit of not doing anything different ever even if the music doesn't do that much for you

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Pretty sure I'm gonna go to the Detroit date for that tour.

Amon Amarth is for sure the worst band on the bill, but I've seen them live before(opening for Slayer) and they put on a solid live show. I should be drunk enough by the time they start to enjoy it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Pantera" is going on a "reunion tour"
https://blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-panteras-surviving-members-to-embark-on-reunion-tour-in-2023

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

loving L O L.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

lmao im such a loving moron i bet i'll let a friend talk me into going. pantera absolutely was the intro band that got me into "real" metal when i was a kid and as much as i hate phil for being a pathetic racist fucker i'll never actually hate their music.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Personally, I am not interested in that tour, just fyi

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i will go to that

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

quote:

Up until his passing in June 2018, Vinnie remained on non-speaking terms with Anselmo, whom the drummer indirectly blamed for Dimebag's death.

Huh. I’m intrigued as to the reasoning behind this, is there more to it than just crazy person walked in and shot Dimebag?

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

exhume the corpse and let him play again as Bodybag Darrel imo.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Huh. I’m intrigued as to the reasoning behind this, is there more to it than just crazy person walked in and shot Dimebag?

they were feuding at the time, and the dude was an insane person who blamed dimebag for breaking up pantera

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Maybe they can have Dimebag on the stage as a hologram, like they did with Dio

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Any word on who's playing guitar? Or did I miss it in the article?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

H13 posted:

Any word on who's playing guitar? Or did I miss it in the article?

All he says in the article is that it’s not Zakk Wylde, although there’s also a rumor that it’ll be Wylde plus Charlie Benante on drums.