Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I accidentally overcooked some turkey bacon, and I found out that's what you're supposed to do. I like my bacon chewy so I always cooked the turkey bacon the same way and hated it every time

Crispy turkey bacon is a lot closer to the real thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The waiter in Pulp Fiction was Steve Buscemi

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I've spent all 31 years of my life living on the coast of the Tasman Sea.
I've only ever heard it referred to as the Pacific Ocean.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I just saw on another thread that the Bermuda triangle is huge and encompasses like half the Atlantic ocean between Florida and Puerto Rico

Old shows used to say how mysterious it was that so many ships and planes went down in this one area, but failed to mention that the one area was the highest trafficked section of the ocean and includes all the landfall in the Caribbean

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah I assumed until very recently that Bermuda was way further south, but it's straight east from the Carolinas

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a super neat place apparently

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm there right now! It's beautiful and the people are the nicest you'll ever meet.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Man as a kid in the 70s I was scared of Bigfoot, UFOs and the Bermuda Triangle in addition to the usual fear of ghosts. Kids today gotta worry about real things like being shot though lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That people liked Matthew Broderick enough to hire him for multiple films

Only part I still haven't figured out is why

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's perfectly cast in Election

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

That people liked Matthew Broderick enough to hire him for multiple films

Only part I still haven't figured out is why

He's... fine? What's wrong with Matthew Broderick?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hyperlynx posted:

Him crashing into another car and two people in the other car dying is the only thing I can think of

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

He sucks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Like, did anyone see that remake of The Music Man he was Harold Hill in despite not being able to sing? Or being Inspector Gadget despite not being funny? He somehow even sucked the air out of Biloxi fuckin Blues

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cat Hassler posted:

Man as a kid in the 70s I was scared of Bigfoot, UFOs and the Bermuda Triangle in addition to the usual fear of ghosts.

Also quicksand. :tinfoil:

If anyone has any any lingering concerns over bigfoots then come join us in the PYF cryptids thread where we regularly poke fun at the incredible shittiness of bigfoot 'evidence' :v:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo I haven't really thought of quicksand in a while. That played a part in every cartoon / video game for most of the 80s and 90s. To this day I've never actually looked up what it is.

Okay, I've looked it up and it seems mostly harmless. What a let down.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Yeah that was another one :lol:

Tarantulas too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cat Hassler posted:

Tarantulas too

No, tarantulas are still gross and terrifying. That never changed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Manager Hoyden posted:

I just saw on another thread that the Bermuda triangle is huge and encompasses like half the Atlantic ocean between Florida and Puerto Rico

I want to know how they decided that half a million square miles were now a 'triangle'.

That's like talking about the mysterious Flyover Triangle which extends from Portland to Seattle to Houston where, every years, thousands of people are mysteriously shot to death and thousands more mysteriously overdose from meth.

Science is baffled!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Chicago triangle claims another victim

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Manager Hoyden posted:

Old shows used to say how mysterious it was that so many ships and planes went down in this one area, but failed to mention that the one area was the highest trafficked section of the ocean and includes all the landfall in the Caribbean

Also people who went to the effort of checking the data found that the number of disappearances in the area wasn't proportionally higher than any other part of the ocean and many of the reported stories were unverified or incomplete or just plain invented. It's always been a complete beat up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle#Criticism_of_the_concept

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Scaramouche posted:

The Chicago triangle claims another victim

Glad to see Fox News earning their FCC license by educating their viewers about shapes.

Hopefully they'll broaden their spectrum on color identification in the future.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I haven't had to stop drop and roll yet but by God if I'm ever set on fire I'll remember what to do (after ten seconds or so of sheer panic)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Hassler posted:

Man as a kid in the 70s I was scared of Bigfoot, UFOs and the Bermuda Triangle in addition to the usual fear of ghosts. Kids today gotta worry about real things like being shot though lol

No Belmez Faces?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No Belmez Faces?

Yeah. My grandmother gave me “Strange Stories, Amazing Facts” when I was 9 years old and that had tons of stories like the Faces of Belmez and the super haunted Borley Rectory

Still have the hardbound copy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Glad to see Fox News earning their FCC license by educating their viewers about shapes.

Hopefully they'll broaden their spectrum on color identification in the future.

They can identify colors already. They just don't like them

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Also people who went to the effort of checking the data found that the number of disappearances in the area wasn't proportionally higher than any other part of the ocean and many of the reported stories were unverified or incomplete or just plain invented. It's always been a complete beat up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle#Criticism_of_the_concept

Simplest way of popping a believer’s bubble is to tell them that insurance companies don’t charge extra for travelling through it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Belmez faces were hands down the scariest loving thing on the planet when I was ten. If I saw that one picture they always use (because it's grainy enough to not make it obvious that it's just painted on the floor) in a book I would turn the page immediately

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

The Belmez faces were hands down the scariest loving thing on the planet when I was ten. If I saw that one picture they always use (because it's grainy enough to not make it obvious that it's just painted on the floor) in a book I would turn the page immediately

Paint? More like the Belmez feces.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm more scared of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory actually.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look Bermuda seems like a nice place, so they invented a bullshit hoax about it being this haunted geometric shape that people disappear in because they don't want people coming around leaving slim jim wrappers everywhere

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I just figured out the reason the beeb banned rebel songs is they're kinda catchy. Infectious even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjEGbAFzJU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I just figured out the reason the beeb banned rebel songs is they're kinda catchy. Infectious even

Sometimes I catch myself singing this at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehukpdse8_w

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm more scared of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory actually.

I always feel guilty when I think of where my shirtwaists come from.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I just learned that this quirky autistic kid whose website (blog?) I used to read in 2000 or something went on to become like an Internet celebrity. I've heard the name "Ulililia" before, but I never realized that was this person. I feel like I've bridged a twenty year gap in my head. I think I first learned about him from these forums, too.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

credburn posted:

I just learned that this quirky autistic kid whose website (blog?) I used to read in 2000 or something went on to become like an Internet celebrity. I've heard the name "Ulililia" before, but I never realized that was this person. I feel like I've bridged a twenty year gap in my head. I think I first learned about him from these forums, too.

"Ulillillia" is a name I've seen mentioned occasionally on this website for a long long time but somehow I've managed to miss learning anything about them. Can someone give me the cliff's notes on who they are?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It took me a good few minutes to work out you weren't talking about Justin Bieber.

DontMockMySmock posted:

"Ulillillia" is a name I've seen mentioned occasionally on this website for a long long time but somehow I've managed to miss learning anything about them. Can someone give me the cliff's notes on who they are?

Just your run-of-the-mill "mentally ill guy does some weird stuff on the internet and early SA and its offshoots bully/mock him relentlessly".

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DontMockMySmock posted:

Guy makes homebrew games with Parallax Scrollingtm

He was socially awkward so people tried to diagnose him with things and cyberstalk him.

He gave out TMI about the RGB code of his nocturnal emissions.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's the guy with the pizza paper towel thing eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Hyperlynx posted:

Just your run-of-the-mill "mentally ill guy does some weird stuff on the internet and early SA and its offshoots bully/mock him relentlessly".

Is he "mentally ill" or does he just have autism?