Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

*time lapse shots of the coup plans as Trump’s full-back tattoo with timestamps*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Well, that's it for crimes for today... Wait what's this? Rep. Cheney is pulling another crime out! Lord have mercy it's a big one!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

William Bear posted:

Well, that's it for crimes for today... Wait what's this? Rep. Cheney is pulling another crime out! Lord have mercy it's a big one!

Donald Trump is literally the Scheherazade of Crime. Every crime just seamlessly blends into the next crime.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
DOJ: this is all too close to an election, we are going to wait.

In all fairness, all this stuff is great and all, but until the DOJ actually announces or does anything, I’m not holding my breath. These are exciting times but we’ve been let down before.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Sounds like I missed some poo poo while I was at work O_O

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ringo Star Get posted:

DOJ: this is all too close to an election, we are going to wait.

In all fairness, all this stuff is great and all, but until the DOJ actually announces or does anything, I’m not holding my breath. These are exciting times but we’ve been let down before.

evidence of "Russians met with Trump, hacked the DNC, fired FBI guy" vs "HERE IS TRUMP AND HIS GOONS ORGANIZING A DIRECT ASSAULT ON THE CAPITOL WITH MILITIAS AND ALL OF THEIR LOGS AND TEXTS" is not even in the same universe.

Like, we are openly stating he organized a coup with active insurgent groups.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I was in the chunnel with laughable (but astonishingly still present) reception, going to need to watch this asap.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Ouch

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1546951167812538369?t=Tc2b7o9IjlM8LVcNPoLf5Q&s=19

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

snorch posted:

I was in the chunnel with laughable (but astonishingly still present) reception, going to need to watch this asap.

make popcorn.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Can you not just browse troots or whatever they are called on truth social without downloading an app and creating an account? Lmao

Gtfo I am not installing your data miner on my phone....inside a vm running an android emulator however...

I need those those angry trump troots

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I just told my wife, a pretty liberal woman but doesn't pay attention to politics, about the Sidney Powell thing.

She said "Nothing is going to happen, this is all just a waste of time and grandstanding. He's going to get off like he always does."

I...didn't have anything good to answer that with. :/

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cimber posted:

I just told my wife, a pretty liberal woman but doesn't pay attention to politics, about the Sidney Powell thing.

She said "Nothing is going to happen, this is all just a waste of time and grandstanding. He's going to get off like he always does."

I...didn't have anything good to answer that with. :/

Patience. The rock rolls most slowly in the beginning.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Does anyone have the exact quote of that text that basically said "trump's planning a secret coup, here's the deets, don't tell anyone"? That was probably the single biggest piece of damning evidence to me, particularly in conjunction with other evidence and witnesses of Trump matching what the text said. I'm not sure who who that was actually from, I think it was from the Friends of Stone text chain? There's just no way they know what Trump is planning unless they're actively collaborating with him.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I do agree that administrations and even former sitting presidents who abetted and even organized and helped armed coups against democratically elected governments should be held accountable. It’s funny seeing the grandstanding around this one in particular when far more bloody and successful ones are carried out year by year with no fanfare here.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Twibbit posted:

Sounds like I missed some poo poo while I was at work O_O

https://twitter.com/Golfrocks/status/1546924090463625216

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

XboxPants posted:

Does anyone have the exact quote of that text that basically said "trump's planning a secret coup, here's the deets, don't tell anyone"? That was probably the single biggest piece of damning evidence to me, particularly in conjunction with other evidence and witnesses of Trump matching what the text said. I'm not sure who who that was actually from, I think it was from the Friends of Stone text chain? There's just no way they know what Trump is planning unless they're actively collaborating with him.

Yup that was the one piece of evidence we have to date, of collaboration between OK and PB, much less that it involved Trump circle.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It was the morning of J6 and there are tweets saying "There will be a second event after the rally, but we can't talk about it. The Park Service and the Agencies are gonna be pissed at me. Don't say anything because Trump is going to announce it himself."

So they knew that morning what was planned, I am not actually sure how they knew that much specificity (Trump is going to announce it), but these were event planners being informed there was going to be an attempt to use the rioters to stop the certification.

I mean, that's just the moment when we all sat the gently caress up. From there it just. Kept. Getting. Better.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

XboxPants posted:

This?

https://twitter.com/lawfareblog/status/1546930106429480960?t=X6XhslLrzDmOy7vbncQHLg&s=19

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
drat, I wish [unnamed witness] had picked up and recorded the conversation, because that would have been doomsday. As it stands, tubby can say it was a butt-dial or someone else had his phone or he just wanted to know where he left his girdle. Without direct goddamn dead to rights evidence, it’s only going to warrant is a shrug as far as the law is concerned.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

That would be the one, yes.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

XboxPants posted:

Does anyone have the exact quote of that text that basically said "trump's planning a secret coup, here's the deets, don't tell anyone"?

https://twitter.com/lawfareblog/status/1546930106429480960/photo/3

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Almost Smart posted:

drat, I wish [unnamed witness] had picked up and recorded the conversation, because that would have been doomsday. As it stands, tubby can say it was a butt-dial or someone else had his phone or he just wanted to know where he left his girdle. Without direct goddamn dead to rights evidence, it’s only going to warrant is a shrug as far as the law is concerned.

I was thinking the same thing but I would assume that Trump was told that he must absolutely not contact a list of people under any circumstance.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Madkal posted:

I was thinking the same thing but I would assume that Trump was told that he must absolutely not contact a list of people under any circumstance.

Great instructions to a man who looked directly at an eclipse.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Well goddamn.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Next hearing is going to be about Trump's dereliction of duty during the riot. Thompson said there will be a minute-by-minute account of J6.

Reminder: Today's hearing had nothing at all from Sarah Matthews. Deputy Press Secretary under Kayleigh McEnany. The one who quit on J6 after Trump tweeted about Pence's lack of courage. Sarah will be able to place Trump and McEnany throughout the day. McEnany was in contact with Hannity during this time.
So that is going to be a thing. Aand if she's testifying live as well then that's why it'll be in prime time.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

gregday posted:

Great instructions to a man who looked directly at an eclipse.

He's like my fuckin' 8 year old kid, who does what I tell him not to do just to piss me off.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Almost Smart posted:

Trump was recorded demanding raffensberger find him a specific amount of votes and that won’t matter. Trump can get away with literally any crime because 48% of the country is a through and through fascist who understands law as a way to exercise power and not some foolish concept of disembodied justice.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dr. Faustus posted:

Next hearing is going to be about Trump's dereliction of duty during the riot. Thompson said there will be a minute-by-minute account of J6.

Reminder: Today's hearing had nothing at all from Sarah Matthews. Deputy Press Secretary under Kayleigh McEnany. The one who quit on J6 after Trump tweeted about Pence's lack of courage. Sarah will be able to place Trump and McEnany throughout the day. McEnany was in contact with Hannity during this time.
So that is going to be a thing. Aand if she's testifying live as well then that's why it'll be in prime time.

Next hearing is apparently the last one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You guys are assuming a hugely higher standard of evidence than is required for indictment. Like I can't emphasize that enough.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cimber posted:

He's like my fuckin' 8 year old kid, who does what I tell him not to do just to piss me off.

Is reverse psychology a form of entrapment?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I've seen enough.

Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States Prison System.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

I was watching some Washington Post post-coverage, and they had a reporter who said she talked to the crippled policeman war vet before the hearing. She asked if he had anything about how he was feeling, going into everything, and he responded back with only two words: "He knew."

Not legal evidence of course, but I don't think it can be overstated how much impact the human, emotional bits like this have on the court of public opinion. At least as important as the actual details of the case.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dr. Faustus posted:

There was video of her, it was just only a blink and you miss it thing that showed it existed and not anything of substance.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cr0y posted:

I've seen enough.

Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States Prison System.

They're rebranding the USA? Overdue imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just gently caress my poo poo up

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1546960541758922752?t=2B0NzqmtS-OY0efFl-6bGw&s=19

gregday
May 23, 2003

I try to retain hope that something meaningful will happen as a result of these hearings, but it’s hard to look at the Democrats being Democrats for the past 30 years and think anything will happen other than a big “The Aristocrats!”-style jazz hands at the end of it all and the committee saying “Look, we have conclusively shown Donald Trump is the most dangerous man to American democracy in history. So get out there and vote!”

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

You guys are assuming a hugely higher standard of evidence than is required for indictment. Like I can't emphasize that enough.
To your point: Intent to conceal == knowledge of criminality.

To clarify my point about Sarah Matthews above, she has testified already and she will be a live witness. I wasn't quite clear about that, sorry.

Xiahou Dun posted:

There was video of her, it was just only a blink and you miss it thing that showed it existed and not anything of substance.
O ok, I did blink but I saw the clip. I didn't know that was her!

gregday posted:

I try to retain hope that something meaningful will happen as a result of these hearings, but it’s hard to look at the Democrats being Democrats for the past 30 years and think anything will happen other than a big “The Aristocrats!”-style jazz hands at the end of it all and the committee saying “Look, we have conclusively shown Donald Trump is the most dangerous man to American democracy in history. So get out there and vote!”
This won't make you feel better but it's not Democrats in charge of the mattering, that is AG Merrick Garland. I despaired too until FBI started effecting search warrants on Trump- World. It's not proof but I am more willing than most to allow it is damned close to proof DOJ is going to do something, and Trump himself IS the target.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 12, 2022

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mdemone posted:

Patience. The rock rolls most slowly in the beginning.

No one knows how this will shake out. There is a human need for certainty but the only thing that’s certain is if we read it all the way to the ending.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 12, 2022

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

Stupid sedition is still sedition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

"As someone who's committed a lot of murders--not here, of course--it takes a lot of work to commit a murder. And he didn't put a lot of work into this murder."