Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
half of auspol is in defense now, they just don't mention it because it would make them bad leftists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

half of auspol is in defense now, they just don't mention it because it would make them bad leftists

i'm a rear admiral

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Nckdictator posted:

The single review left on Google of the old Something Awful offices in Missouri around 2010.

“I am not sure what the purpose of this business is. I have been living in Pleasant Hill for over 25 years and I always check out the new businesses in town when they crop up from time to time, say hello and god bless and see what they are all about, etc. When I entered Something awful the walls were half painted, there were no chairs or coat racks, the establishment smelled like half eaten chinese food and there were no employees in sight, even though the sign said "open". I knock on the counter and shouted "hello" into the back room and i was approached by a surly, oafish man who called himself Rick and asked me if I was here about advertising. I said no sir I was just a resident stopping in to welcome you to the neighborhood and asked Rick if he was in the business of advertising. It was at that time that he called me a "retard" and said that if i didn't know what Something awful was about I had no business with him and should "get the **** out". Needless to say I did without another word and will not be returning. STRONGLY advise all comers to avoid this place of business.”

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wow, what a shockingly on brand interaction

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

cinci zoo sniper posted:

admittedly, I’m not the most frequent drinker, but I’m a bit confused here

https://twitter.com/shawnawtf/status/1544875523318366215

This is what teenagers use to get incredibly hosed up while barely tasting it but usually it's like punch bowl size not that size

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
serious question, why would anybody unpaid moderate this place

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

idk about everyone else, i just want to discuss war in ukraine without goons engaging in lexical taekwondo

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

it's mostly doormats who just can't ever say no when someone asks them a favor

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the sweet, tempting whispers of power and authority. the same way that the lure of imperial ambitions drove a cycle of revolving roman emperors. surely i will be able to prosper where others have met death and ridicule

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Main Paineframe posted:

it's mostly doormats who just can't ever say no when someone asks them a favor

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the sweet, tempting whispers of power and authority. the same way that the lure of imperial ambitions drove a cycle of revolving roman emperors. surely i will be able to prosper where others have met death and ridicule
both can be true

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Being dumb as rocks and eager to get to ban people on the Internet. Being a mod anywhere by fyad is a sign of severe brain damage

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

you get to change thread titles, get free av changes, and read the secret mod notes on posters' profiles

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/NASAWebb/status/1546621080298835970

dogshit photo

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cinci zoo sniper posted:

idk about everyone else, i just want to discuss war in ukraine without goons engaging in lexical taekwondo

That sounds like something the CIA would say.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That sounds like something the CIA would say.

Wouldn’t the CIA be all about doing taekwondo on people

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

exmarx posted:

you get to change thread titles, get free av changes, and read the secret mod notes on posters' profiles

i hope mine is full of petty loving insults from all the mods i have insulted and who have since resigned or been banned in disgrace

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pirate Radar posted:

Wouldn’t the CIA be all about doing taekwondo on people

if putin is any indication then that's actually the kgb

super cool to see all of that gravitational lensing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
nasa spent $10b on a camera that takes blurry photos of stars lol

the sea level is rising ffs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
they also built cameras that take photos of the sea level rising. i don't know what else you want them to do, they have a limited toolset

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

exmarx posted:

nasa spent $10b on a camera that takes blurry photos of stars lol

the sea level is rising ffs

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i shudder to think about the mod notes on my profile

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

they also built cameras that take photos of the sea level rising. i don't know what else you want them to do, they have a limited toolset

perhaps their funding should go to agencies with a useful toolset

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope mine is full of petty loving insults from all the mods i have insulted and who have since resigned or been banned in disgrace

mod note: destroy this person

oh wait sh-

click

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

exmarx posted:

perhaps their funding should go to agencies with a useful toolset

there is no agency with a useful toolset, by design. occasionally an agency will try to whittle useful tools out of old legislation and then supreme court takes them away for their own safety

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I love.people getting mad at the miniscule portion of the us budget that goes to NASA, one of the only actual scientific organizations left. Just a child's view of how a govt budget works

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

i shudder to think about the mod notes on my profile

I’m sure they’re all nice things

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I love.people getting mad at the miniscule portion of the us budget that goes to NASA, one of the only actual scientific organizations left. Just a child's view of how a govt budget works

like we spend so much money on so many much more useless things

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

We could totally help the poor if the 25 billion that goes to the agency that puts satellites into space instead was absorbed by the US govt who would surely use it to build affordable housing....
oh the money was immediately sent to Ukrainian Nazis? Nevertheless...

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It's always entertaining.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
nasa is a military organ lol. defunding bad things is good, even if they have a small budget in relative terms.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm fine with NASA getting money but I do not like that SpaceX is getting money. Specifically because Epic Divorce Guy Musk loving sucks

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

I'm fine with NASA getting money but I do not like that SpaceX is getting money. Specifically because Epic Divorce Guy Musk loving sucks

You'll need to defund a hell of a lot more than NASA to keep public funds from Musk.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh I mean personally if it were up to me I'd seize his assets for myriad crimes including conspiracy to post cringe and tweeting with malice aforethought.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

exmarx posted:

nasa is a military organ lol. defunding bad things is good, even if they have a small budget in relative terms.

Truly this is the part of the MIC where the most impact can be had, compared to Raytheon, the F 35 and the Abrams factory filling the desert up with useless tanks for 2 decades.

No let's get mad at the one thing that actually just sent a telescope to space to get cool pictures.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
For all I know I’m a military organ

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

exmarx posted:

No, not really. In fact the creation of NASA was specifically to ensure separation between the two.

Attacking and defunding NASA because it might have military ties is the most short sighted thing Ive ever heard.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

well we have a telescope to help out with that

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
nasa should get more money

a good chunk of what they get is essentially wasted because they're so underfunded

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

repeating conservative talking points regarding defunding NASA while pretending to be thinking about the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

defund nasa they spent all this money on a giant telescope that can look billions of light years into the past but they can't find me a girlfriend