Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Mameluke posted:

Channel 4's UTOPIA is like the most C-SPAM show there is. A bunch of goons discover an insanely generous Malthusian plot to combat climate change by making covid (which specifically included the world's elite rather than giving them the world) and decide to drat the world because they found doing so morally purer than becoming accomplices in the plot

isn't this just watchmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The cringe in our water supplies goes to show, we're heading towards a final fail. It'll all be over soon...

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Just unbelievable. The amount of cringe in the atmosphere. We've made this such an un-based world. And now, we'll pay the ultimate price...

Welcome to the revolution

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

emTme3 posted:

like anything. read de sade. explore your own libidinal economy.

like. loving. anything - and this has no moral implications whatsoever!

moralizations of enjoyment are regimes of power and control. policing enjoyment internally and externally according to existing moral structures is bad for you for all kindsa reasons, not the least of which being that current regimes of enjoyment presided over omnicide.

i don't moralize enjoyment anymore, mine or anyone elses. it's all bad and there is no escape from it - this is enjoyment.

it's the end of the world. we haven't even gotten started yet. let people (dis/un)enjoy their extinction event.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

the official climate change thread position is that you should not kill yourself diddle kids

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Ojetor posted:

isn't this just watchmen

"Rip off the best" is the essence of art and culture.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it just me or does it feel like everyone’s losing their poo poo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Fly Molo posted:

thanks to climate change meltdown may now lasts into July

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Oglethorpe posted:

what areas are these?

might be a po river tributary, but the po itself is at least still flowing

nyt has an article out today about the northern italian drought. it seems the problem is that the farmers are losing a lot of money they won't get back.

quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/world/europe/italy-drought-farmers.html

“I am trying to save the salvageable,” said Gianluigi Tacchini, who grows rice and other crops in Santa Cristina e Bissone, where this week the Po River was measured 2.49 meters below its regular water level.

Instead of watering his paddies every eight to 10 days, Mr. Tacchini was stretching the gap to 18 days and had been forced to abandon some fields altogether. He estimated he had already lost half of his crops, and risks losing the entire season.

Paolo Carrà, the president of Italy’s national rice board, said it was “premature” to assess the situation until September, when rice is typically harvested, “but there are signals that in some areas, rice crops have been completely destroyed,” he said. Italy produces 52 percent of all the rice in Europe, more than any other country, and almost all of that is grown in Piedmont and Lombardy.

The drought could not have come at a worse time for farmers. The prices of electricity, gasoline and fertilizer have nearly all doubled this year, Mr. Guerrini said, and there is little financial relief in sight.

The government last week allocated 36.5 million euros in emergency aid, but that is unlikely to provide much help: It will be split among five regions, be divided among local institutions and could take years to be distributed.

Crop insurance will not provide a solution, either. It covers extreme weather events, like hail and the heavy but short downpours that have been increasingly common in Italy, but not drought.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
it's watchmen with the from hell epstein brain

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mayor Dave posted:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Fly Molo posted:

it's the heat

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

another scorcher!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Spime Wrangler posted:

might be a po river tributary, but the po itself is at least still flowing

nyt has an article out today about the northern italian drought. it seems the problem is that the farmers are losing a lot of money they won't get back.

quote:

Crop insurance will not provide a solution, either. It covers extreme weather events, like hail and the heavy but short downpours that have been increasingly common in Italy, but not drought.

nice to see that in this ever changing hosed up timeline insurance companies remain consistent

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 11 days!)

silicone thrills posted:

Month ago or so I was showing off some crow pics I took and I painted one of them

enjoy tha birds before they all fuckin die of heat death.
the crows will survive

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was at the dump yesterday dropping off a bunch of EPS.

I saw exactly one seagull.

:rubby:
the seagulls will also survive

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

lmao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

the seagulls will also survive

that 1 seagull is the one that will survive actually

he will feast on stray french fry and discarded packing peanut until the sun consumes this cursed world in its cleansing fire

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

emTme3 posted:

like anything. read de sade. explore your own libidinal economy.

like. loving. anything - and this has no moral implications whatsoever!

moralizations of enjoyment are regimes of power and control. policing enjoyment internally and externally according to existing moral structures is bad for you for all kindsa reasons, not the least of which being that current regimes of enjoyment presided over omnicide.

i don't moralize enjoyment anymore, mine or anyone elses. it's all bad and there is no escape from it - this is enjoyment.

it's the end of the world. we haven't even gotten started yet. let people (dis/un)enjoy their extinction event.

We gotta stop meeting like this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fly Molo posted:

heat makes everyone already on edge. falling down was a documentary

and everyone's material conditions are declining so everyone irl and online is lashing out aimlessly in impotent fury at anything and everything that moves

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fly Molo posted:

if anyone’s been following the latest QCS hypercane, apparently rime was a poster in the underage rape and torture ADTRW thread that everyone’s now talking about

:yikeseroo:

lol of course he was

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Had another one of those moments where like intellectually - yes I know fast fashion is absolute garbage but this isnt even technically a fast fashion thing.

Was washing and drying some clothes and I've got this one nice tshirt from like high school - about 20 years old. Its pretty much perfect still and gets worn regularly/washed regularly. No holes, a little wear on the edges but still nice looking.
All the tshirts i've bought in the last 5 years have little loving pin holes and poo poo. All of this stuff is washed in the same frontloader using biokleen and wool balls on cool in the dryer. There's no loving reason for them to have holes.

We just keep making everything worse and worse so people have throw it away faster so some lovely company can have some person in a lovely fabric supplier in a developing country be miserable while making more and more poo poo fabric that will fall apart faster and faster so Champion tshirts can force you to buy the same basic tshirts over and over again.

Garbage mindsets.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

Had another one of those moments where like intellectually - yes I know fast fashion is absolute garbage but this isnt even technically a fast fashion thing.

Was washing and drying some clothes and I've got this one nice tshirt from like high school - about 20 years old. Its pretty much perfect still and gets worn regularly/washed regularly. No holes, a little wear on the edges but still nice looking.
All the tshirts i've bought in the last 5 years have little loving pin holes and poo poo. All of this stuff is washed in the same frontloader using biokleen and wool balls on cool in the dryer. There's no loving reason for them to have holes.

We just keep making everything worse and worse so people have throw it away faster so some lovely company can have some person in a lovely fabric supplier in a developing country be miserable while making more and more poo poo fabric that will fall apart faster and faster so Champion tshirts can force you to buy the same basic tshirts over and over again.

Garbage mindsets.
capitalism working as intended. but yes most recent Target and H&M clothes i've got has fallen apart but is till have some things from 2000s that are doing okay.

fwiw Uniqlo is the best and most affordable domestic clothing store right now. very thick good material at a good price, in good style. their sizing can be a bit strange so it's better if you have a store to try them on first, but their fit is good for me.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

silicone thrills posted:

Garbage mindsets.

buying new clothes? in this libidinal economy?!

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

The first 10 seconds these bros spend on an encyclopedia and it's researching slurs lmao.

I didn't pay for my unban and the mods are never going to do anything, so....

CSPAM posters and especially mods:

Kill yourself now by any means available. You got a few cleaning products under the sink? Drink them all at once. You got a balcony? Jump. Now.

harsh, but fair

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karach posted:

buying new clothes? in this libidinal economy?!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

capitalism working as intended. but yes most recent Target and H&M clothes i've got has fallen apart but is till have some things from 2000s that are doing okay.

fwiw Uniqlo is the best and most affordable domestic clothing store right now. very thick good material at a good price, in good style. their sizing can be a bit strange so it's better if you have a store to try them on first, but their fit is good for me.

Uniqlo is Japanese

https://twitter.com/willripleycnn/status/1253313778256617477
https://twitter.com/fruitdotzip/status/1545311543788572672

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Mamma mia that's-a devastating drought

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

heat makes everyone already on edge. falling down was a documentary

and everyone's material conditions are declining so everyone irl and online is lashing out aimlessly in impotent fury at anything and everything that moves

we're all sitting here yelling at rime for being a pedo sympathizer or whatever, as the temperature ticks up degree by degree on this "last bastion of free leftist internet thought" which is owned by...surprise!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if those boxers are good enough for the tf2 scout assassin they’re good enough for me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

dudes know fashion

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fly Molo posted:

I'm not, I went loving insane years and years ago and now this is just more of the same ol'.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Protip for dealing with anxiety from the way the world is: Get a horrifying disease and spend years dealing with the idea of a death by degrees.

Before you get one.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Xaris posted:

dudes know fashion

boxers rock

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

silicone thrills posted:

Garbage mindsets.

the possession that brings me the most joy is my laptop backpack. it is 25 years old and it's still the most functional and durable backpack ive owned. waterproof, light, has both waist and chest straps, tons of pockets etc. ive only had to replace one of the straps once i think, and that was due to my own fault.

poo poo they make today is total garbage in comparison, and expensive as gently caress too

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i love estate sales i feel like they're the last place left to buy reasonable items at reasonable prices

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The dead are our last hope for bargains.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

the possession that brings me the most joy is my laptop backpack. it is 25 years old and it's still the most functional and durable backpack ive owned. waterproof, light, has both waist and chest straps, tons of pockets etc. ive only had to replace one of the straps once i think, and that was due to my own fault.

poo poo they make today is total garbage in comparison, and expensive as gently caress too

I still use the same timbuk2 i got for free as a laptop add on from like dell 15 years ago and the only thing that's worn/broken is the part that rubs on the back rivet of my jeans. Commuted with it at least an hour a day and multiple miles of walking every day for a decade. I dont use it as much anymore but its still totally good and serviceable. I just keep giving all my new backpacks I get with jobs or as add ons to my nephews. Cant tell if they are holding up as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

found this searching for something about tuna fish and can’t stop watching repeatedly :catstare: https://twitter.com/wallstreetsilv/status/1545724448531107840

“No limits” to growth