Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This is so much irony that it collapses under its own mass into a narrative singularity from which nothing can escape. The Punisher's backstory is that he went on his rampage only after the police, courts, and government failed to do anything about the criminals that killed his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1546988258839642116?s=20&t=Eg7izcROvw4ptyWRoTXtOA

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What you said ^^^

You just....you can't even parody this. gently caress.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'm not going to go into specifics here for the sake of protecting my own background, but last week, I was working with someone who has been in law enforcement for a long time, and the topic of the Uvalde response came up. I got the pure, unadulterated copaganda excuse as to why all the cops didn't immediately breach the classroom- it was because law enforcement, reacting to the perception that "they've killed too many people" :psyduck:, has now adopted a conservative stance on use of force, and when they arrived on scene after no shots had been fired, they moved to a barricaded suspect response (hang back, negotiate, use force as a last resort) as opposed to active shooter response (throw anything you have at the shooter, stop the killing/stop the dying) because that was the new protocol. As if anyone- black, white, pink, blue, orange, Republican, Democrat, Trotskyite, etc- would shed a tear if someone who was deliberately killing kids got loving canoed.

She said this with a straight face, despite the release of that godawful video of like eight cops absolutely magdumping into a Black man earlier the week before.

So, America, you're welcome. Because you let Antifa defund the police, it hurt their feelings and made them feel bad and that's why children died.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
So they continued to act like pouting children, as always. Got it. gently caress 12 ACAB.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

This is so much irony that it collapses under its own mass into a narrative singularity from which nothing can escape. The Punisher's backstory is that he went on his rampage only after the police, courts, and government failed to do anything about the criminals that killed his family.

He also hates corrupt or poo poo cops more than anything else and extremely violently so.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I got the pure, unadulterated copaganda excuse as to why all the cops didn't immediately breach the classroom- it was because law enforcement, reacting to the perception that "they've killed too many people" :psyduck:, has now adopted a conservative stance on use of force, and when they arrived on scene after no shots had been fired, they moved to a barricaded suspect response (hang back, negotiate, use force as a last resort) as opposed to active shooter response (throw anything you have at the shooter, stop the killing/stop the dying) because that was the new protocol.

“O.K. so what I’m getting from this is that cops are both cowardly and stupid because they let all those kids die and everyone hates them.”

“They could have at least gone for one out of two.”

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I'm not going to go into specifics here for the sake of protecting my own background, but last week, I was working with someone who has been in law enforcement for a long time, and the topic of the Uvalde response came up. I got the pure, unadulterated copaganda excuse as to why all the cops didn't immediately breach the classroom- it was because law enforcement, reacting to the perception that "they've killed too many people" :psyduck:, has now adopted a conservative stance on use of force, and when they arrived on scene after no shots had been fired, they moved to a barricaded suspect response (hang back, negotiate, use force as a last resort) as opposed to active shooter response (throw anything you have at the shooter, stop the killing/stop the dying) because that was the new protocol. As if anyone- black, white, pink, blue, orange, Republican, Democrat, Trotskyite, etc- would shed a tear if someone who was deliberately killing kids got loving canoed.

She said this with a straight face, despite the release of that godawful video of like eight cops absolutely magdumping into a Black man earlier the week before.

So, America, you're welcome. Because you let Antifa defund the police, it hurt their feelings and made them feel bad and that's why children died.

Reminds me somehow, my wife had a meeting at school last week which has been apparently the base for police response in Highland Park and found out that some of the people working there came directly from Uvalde. And also it made her realize that now when people hear Highland Park all they'll associate it with is that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What was the reasoning for the dem politician to shove his head in his rear end with yoga again? Uvalde?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

“O.K. so what I’m getting from this is that cops are both cowardly and stupid because they let all those kids die and everyone hates them.”

“They could have at least gone for one out of two.”

No, just say “so they’re a bunch of loving pussies with thinner skin then a skeleton.” Then suggest maybe they find a new safe job space.

I know you can’t say that but I think we all want to say something…just better phrased.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I sincerely wish that the next time anyone LEO-adjacent calls someone a snowflake, the cognitive dissonance makes their head loving explode ala Scanners.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

What was the reasoning for the dem politician to shove his head in his rear end with yoga again? Uvalde?

Roe's overturning. It was Andy Levin, running for reelection in my district, in a Dem-on-Dem primary because of redistricting. And I'll be voting for him.

The alternative is Haley Stevens, another Democratic Rep running for reelection. And she's a shitlib faking it based on endorsements, the debate, and where everyone's support is coming from. Her ads absolutely won't shut up about serving as Obama's auto rescue administrator and the usual talking points on abortion... and that's about it. Levin's actually in the progressive House caucus and endorsed by every union in the history of ever, and he's getting accused of anti-semnitism by AIPAC-types because he has the gall to say "hey, Palestinians are people too."

Whoever wins the primary, I'll happily vote for. But my general viewpoint is to vote hyperprogressive in the primary, and if it's a tie, vote for the woman candidate. But this one's not close, Levin's hyper-progressive and posted a completely and utterly dipshit tweet which I have to look away from :sigh:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Some Albuquerque police deserve crucifixion:
https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-teen-dies-smoke-inhalation-162542835.html

Police shot a noise flash device, which have been known to ignite, into the home but did not state the cause of the fire. pic.twitter.com/XGHjHR4Zac

— AJ+ (@ajplus) July 11, 2022

The public immediately began speaking out against the police, and a number of protests began springing up in the Albuquerque area.

In response to the situation, the APD released a Twitter statement that explained officers’ weapons were not fired during the incident, adding that “both individuals were given opportunities to safely exit the house.”

The APD’s tweet also acknowledged that the projectiles they threw into the house “may have contributed to the fire.”

I've known APD people in the NM ARNG. There isn't a bad shoot or a hobo via an inverted use of force pyramid, or murder of a suicidal person they won't defend. They also circle the wagon, thin blue line style, to protect any other cop in the batallion, no matter how many times they pop for coke, get caught making a decapitated tar baby doll for the black CO or get caught trying to catfish a trans troop in the HQ company in direct violation of multiple standing orders.

Edit: Yes, before you ask, I've gone up the chain and written my representative and governor. The result was they fired the black CO and kept the corrupt cop.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1546738525307080704?s=21&t=Wa8QyKEMlgr1I6pDBtQfHw

That seems kinda war crime-y.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's gonna be real interesting when Delta gets their laundry aired.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

It's gonna be real interesting when Delta gets their laundry aired.

Well at least it can’t be worse then the seals…right…right?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Well at least it can’t be worse then the seals…right…right?

It isn’t but the unit has a big meth/coke problem. I’m not up on the latest news but I know it’s been an issue since at least 2010.

You can get meth and coke out of your system before a potential drug test easily if you are smart and these guys aren’t stupid. Not one of them. I wanna say maybe The Rolling Stones magazine covered the story.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It isn’t but the unit has a big meth/coke problem. I’m not up on the latest news but I know it’s been an issue since at least 2010.

You can get meth and coke out of your system before a potential drug test easily if you are smart and these guys aren’t stupid. Not one of them. I wanna say maybe The Rolling Stones magazine covered the story.

According to the DEVGRU guys, they were doing heinous poo poo all over the place that makes theirs look tame.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

No, just say “so they’re a bunch of loving pussies with thinner skin then a skeleton.” Then suggest maybe they find a new safe job space.

I know you can’t say that but I think we all want to say something…just better phrased.

This.

Every loving rear end in a top hat there needs to be barred from LEO work forever, if not charged. Like, I understand that they'd be scared shitless, but so are the loving kids (and they have nothing to defend themselves with while the cops have guns and vests)... to knowingly do nothing when kids lives are on the line is unconscionable. If you won't rush toward gunfire to save someone, especially kids, get a different loving job.

This whole thing disgusts me and honestly I don't know if I could watch that footage.

Also, the fact that ALERRT was created in Texas and is one of the leading active shooter training sources in the country for LEOs, just makes all of this even worse.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/AndrewJBates46/status/1546980804240318466

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dum Cumpster posted:

How does that town's people not simply devour the government and police force with their hands and teeth?

Conservatives are too cowardly to go against their media values.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Huh. I didn't have "Biden finishes the Trump wall" on my bingo card but here we are and I can't say I'm really surprised

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hekk posted:

Yeah I put in the request but it goes into the mod queue so who knows how long it’ll be before someone looks at it?

Same thing happens when I put in for a week. IKs can give sixers, I can give days, anything else needs admin approval.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

According to the DEVGRU guys, they were doing heinous poo poo all over the place that makes theirs look tame.

Who's theirs, the SAS?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He's saying that DevGru says that Delta's alleged crimes are worse than theirs (DevGru's) crimes, which, okay, but lol probably not. And while Delta certainly has had more than their fair share of heinous poo poo, they at least address it (albiet not in a public way) because they tend to quietly push those people out, rather than the DevGru model of keeping poo poo hush hush and sweeping it under the rug and letting the guys get promoted. Ideally they would both publicly share the info and charge these guys with the crimes they commit, but NSW and JSOC doesn't want to tarnish their public image.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

He's saying that DevGru says that Delta's alleged crimes are worse than theirs (DevGru's) crimes, which, okay, but lol probably not. And while Delta certainly has had more than their fair share of heinous poo poo, they at least address it (albiet not in a public way) because they tend to quietly push those people out, rather than the DevGru model of keeping poo poo hush hush and sweeping it under the rug and letting the guys get promoted writing a book about it and launching a lifestyle clothing line depicting their war crimes. Ideally they would both publicly share the info and charge these guys with the crimes they commit, but NSW and JSOC doesn't want to tarnish their public image.

Fixed that for you.

I'm still flabbergasted by how the Eddie Gallagher court martial turned own. I wonder what he had on the team medic to get him to flip like that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh so devgru is seals. think I knew that once

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh so devgru is seals. think I knew that once

DEVGRU = Seal Team Six

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

DEVGRU = Seal Team Six

Founded by this guy, though he did not actually sound like Mickey Rourke. Good Ole Demo Dick.

https://youtu.be/MhL1bzZk0kU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Fixed that for you.

I'm still flabbergasted by how the Eddie Gallagher court martial turned own. I wonder what he had on the team medic to get him to flip like that.

I think it was more of pressure from inside of the SEAL community. The guys who reported him and were willing to testify were seen as rats and treated poorly. Read "Code Over Country", it airs out a lot of SEAL Team 6's dirty laundry as well as the regular team's poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They're all ghouls. Just loving ghouls.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1547268615254249474?t=a-F-o5ImE3HbK116jIozEw&s=19

https://twitter.com/bethany_bruner/status/1547255274662133761?t=f04wq75zl584tPYnCk4csQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/jake_zuckerman/status/1547273738076540928?t=rtDEz5GtrIicDb8fgAFP2w&s=19

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why would any of them apologize? They're republicans, this is a good thing as far as they're concerned.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's what the right wing stands for

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Do any of these right wing assholes do anything other than tweet all day?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yes they enact legislation that is part of why we're in our current situation

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah I can't fault their work ethic. Their work is being giant pieces of poo poo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It also figures that Punisher Cop was actually One Of The Good Ones in the Uvalde poo poo. He was the one who tried to go in after his dying wife and got stopped by everyone else and removed from the scene.

https://twitter.com/moodyforelpaso/status/1547291847332069376?t=WUFjjKz5Tbfz4JgDGwv3NQ&s=19

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

Why would any of them apologize? They're republicans, this is a good thing as far as they're concerned.

Your womb is not a safe space

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
on one hand i wonder if the punisher phone cop is aware of the deep irony in this situaiton, and on the other hand i just feel bad for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

It also figures that Punisher Cop was actually One Of The Good Ones in the Uvalde poo poo. He was the one who tried to go in after his dying wife and got stopped by everyone else and removed from the scene.

https://twitter.com/moodyforelpaso/status/1547291847332069376?t=WUFjjKz5Tbfz4JgDGwv3NQ&s=19

Well well well if it isn't the consequences of his actions