Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blood Boils posted:

Let the record show I have also gone to bat for the thing prequel and RoboCop remake, at least 2 of the odd # trek movies, refn's entire oeuvre not just his first 3 English language movies, Jackson's hobbits aren't any worse than his lotr . .

It's not trolling it's just not putting much stock in nerd consensus about silly genre films

shine on you crazy diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they should remake the ernest movies with cgi ernest

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
practical Jim Varney doppleganger.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

they should remake the ernest movies with cgi ernest

They should remake Dr. Otto first

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

blowing $100m on the most realistic jim varney cgi you can imagine

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1546992651307585536

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

josh04 posted:

hopkins is really loving old now, tbf

e: \/ fair

right which is why all his roles going forward should be written around a) the need to shoot his scenes in his home, and b) the need for his cat to be in all his scenes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ejdickson/status/1546888330234699777

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm a true crime creator

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I can’t wait for our culture to destroy itself

quote:

Bebop and Bebe just keep posting, despite the thousands of comments expressing alarm at their content. Part of this may be money-related — they have a number of brand deals, including Bebop-patented slime that launched about a month ago

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I forgot Prometheus and alien covenant, and Michael Bay, smh

What else is controversial? Uh, running outta steam here, how bout: death proof and hobo with a shotgun are great, planet terror and wolfcop are merely ok

Zokari posted:

youre so brave

https://youtu.be/iVYhlQuBEtI

I will say the 14 words of film twitter:

"Zack Snyder makes good movies imo, and I am not afraid to say it"

One More Fat Nerd posted:

:eyepoop:

I used to think more goons with weird movie opinions were trolling, but at this point I think some folks are just reflexive contrarians, but not in like, a "fake opinion" way.

When someone authentically lives under a bridge and eats billy goats its not really "trolling" any more, is it?

It's less a reflex and more knowing your own tastes and trusting your instincts over opinions you find poorly articulated or unsupported.

For example: the grousing over "bad acting" in star wars - from my perspective it's never been particularly good (which isn't necessarily a flaw), so that inevitably colours how much stock I put into evaluations that insist otherwise. No more, no less. It really shouldn't be such a big deal, but it's also funny that it is, so what can you do except dive in and enjoy the discourse!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

funny we're talkin Ernest because I put on Snowboard Academy today just for some snowy imagery on the wall during this heat wave, and I got to hear myself say outloud "you're better than this, Jim Varney"

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I will go to bat for a solid half of all Ernest movies

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we don't talk enough about sexy jim varney

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Alien covenant is great and makes prometheus more bearable as long as you watch the directors cut, since they cut the actual story out of the theater version of prometheus

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Hobo With A Shotgun is an incredible work of art, and is tied for my wife's favorite movie, next to Krampus and Kung Fu Hustle.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Hobo With A Shotgun is an incredible work of art, and is tied for my wife's favorite movie, next to Krampus and Kung Fu Hustle.

:hmmyes: all excellent movies. Krampus has become a pretty solid christmas staple, along wiht Jingle All the Way.

the director of krampus made another lowkey underrated movie called Trick R Treat which owns, its my go-to- halloween movie. if your wife hasnt seen that she should watch it (on halloween)

havent watched HWAS in several years, probably due to rewatch it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

we as a people didn't appreciate Jim Varney enough in life, and that is our collective failing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Laterite posted:

Imagine not liking the director who does this:

Just look at the pure joy on his face.

holy gently caress I can’t believe zack snyder just straight up killed that guy, why isnt this man in prison???

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Laterite posted:

we don't talk enough about sexy jim varney

just finding out today that Ernest was not a Leslie Nielsen or Steve Martin character. they all looked the same to me as a kid :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

look at the glee in his eyes as he effortlessly takes the life of that innocent man. this was not a mere crime of passion, this man is deranged. he will kill again if he isn’t stopped

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/zOhsx3T.mp4

flights of angels, Jim :unsmith:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mawarannahr posted:

just finding out today that Ernest was not a Leslie Nielsen or Steve Martin character. they all looked the same to me as a kid :shrug:

Mods I have reported this post. Do not ignore it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he comes for you. as he has for all who wronged him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImmlJ39mZ0

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Mods I have reported this post. Do not ignore it

absolutely unacceptable

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Dreylad posted:

absolutely unacceptable

Sentence: Death By Guillotine

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a sentence justly passed.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I like the song about crying in the rain in Ernest goes to camp

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
growing up I straight up never met a single person who was like, a real fan of star wars

the prequels came out when I was a kid in elementary school and they just had like no cultural impact on us whatsoever

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
well we did want the lightsaber toys cause they were extendable plastic batons you could use to hit each other with

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This scared the loving poo poo out of me as a kid

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Casey Finnigan posted:

well we did want the lightsaber toys cause they were extendable plastic batons you could use to hit each other with

This is the greatest legacy of Star Wars

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dreylad posted:

absolutely unacceptable

Thank you. :patriot:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It is a great Halloween movie.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

same. I was more terrified by this than poltergeist and the exorcist

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i think i need some help understanding what deep message rage against the machine was trying to convey with their music that wasnt just the machine is bad and should be raged against

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

now I'm watching Ernest Goes to Jail (which is still very good and harmless and precious and I'm having a lot of big laughs) and I sincerely don't remember the prison guard uniforms being this out of control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pWEUZKIds