Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Xerol posted:

I assume PHRs are tied to your levels in some way, even the bad ones at 4x99 are offering 50m silver. If you're lower level and that's the best offer you're getting, I might just consider not doing them until you've progressed farther.

Yeah, keeps looking like the amount/items requested is the same for everyone, but your rewards are much better at higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

pump up your sawmill to 50-100% of your inventory and look up “sawmill silver” in the library and you’ll be raking in hundreds of millions in silver per day super quick

after you have a sawmill going, make the orchard fill up your entire inventory every day and you’ll make even more money on exploring

Finally looked up sawmill silver today because I spaced on the second half of your suggestion. I am printing money now. Doing 74 wood and 29 boards/hr from the sawmill now, up from 10 yesterday. I also added a few more trees.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Xerol posted:

I assume PHRs are tied to your levels in some way, even the bad ones at 4x99 are offering 50m silver. If you're lower level and that's the best offer you're getting, I might just consider not doing them until you've progressed farther.

Yeah seriously.

For reference, here’s what I would consider to be a mediocre-to-bad request at 4x99.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Kalman posted:

Yeah seriously.

For reference, here’s what I would consider to be a mediocre-to-bad request at 4x99.

Interesting how fast those scale up. I'm level 88/99/96/87 and they generally offer me roughly 5m each. Unless they scale with something other than skill levels maybe

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

That makes sense. I’m at 61/53/66/57.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Month 1 results: 99/99/99/96, unlocked WC/LI/PC, 10B storehouse bought, ATI currently at step III (honey jailed), fishing merit badge progress at 43.5%.

Could have probably pushed further, but covid + death in the family kinda took the wind out of my sails in the second half.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 13, 2022

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

ErrEff posted:

I got one.

What a great offer.

That is an expensive peach

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

rafikki posted:

Whole lotta people with bad opinions

I get like 30 gold fliers an hour "manual" fishing, seems fine.

(I also modified the AHK code so it will sell fish and refresh worms every 400 cycles)

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Gold fliers at Borgen for 75 AC

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

mrmcd posted:

Gold fliers at Borgen for 75 AC

I bought a handful I needed, then noticed this popped up today

Another PR had a bunch of gold carrots and gold coral too

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I have one awful quest today asking for 250 broccoli and a ton of other stuff for garbage and these two which are not bad at all.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Month 1 results: 99/99/99/96, unlocked WC/LI/PC, 10B storehouse bought, ATI currently at step III (honey jailed), fishing merit badge progress at 43.5%.

Could have probably pushed further, but covid + death in the family kinda took the wind out of my sails in the second half.

That's a really rough combo irl :(

Also that is a crazy amount of progress in a month!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Another 25 grab bag 07s up for trade, they're making it significantly easier to get these gold fish.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Dang, just finished a way forward. Now I’ve just got the jubilee invitation about halfway through and I’ll have cleared all the requests.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

having 2/3 of my daily quests require 250 shimmer topaz is not benefitting my orange gecko needs as much as i had hoped

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
How long does Leek jail normally last? I just passed the 4k mark and still missing Runestone 10.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

SporkChan posted:

How long does Leek jail normally last? I just passed the 4k mark and still missing Runestone 10.

I got it done in 5 minutes by throwing runestones into the wishing well. No leeks involved!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have yet to get a good or helpful Personal Help Request. They've all been either close to break even, or offer rewards that don't really justify the expense, to me.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I’ve got the green dragon and she’s loading me up with runestones. I’ve used them to build just a couple lava spheres, which I tossed into storage.

Is it safe to burn runestones at this point, or are there quests that require like 500 of Runestone 16? Can I safely start manufacturing spheres to sell on the market, or is someone going to come along and ask for 500 of them, too?

86/99/99/90, btw.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

fischtick posted:

I’ve got the green dragon and she’s loading me up with runestones. I’ve used them to build just a couple lava spheres, which I tossed into storage.

Is it safe to burn runestones at this point, or are there quests that require like 500 of Runestone 16? Can I safely start manufacturing spheres to sell on the market, or is someone going to come along and ask for 500 of them, too?

86/99/99/90, btw.

According to buddy.farm you need about 6 total of each runestone for quests. However you will apparently also need quite a few for the tower at various levels. Over 300 in some cases. I have no idea how fast the tower is levelled up though so I'm not sure how pressing that need is

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Squibbles posted:

According to buddy.farm you need about 6 total of each runestone for quests. However you will apparently also need quite a few for the tower at various levels. Over 300 in some cases. I have no idea how fast the tower is levelled up though so I'm not sure how pressing that need is

You get them from the tower. The only thing you need for advancing in the tower is gold and ascension knowledge.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Squibbles posted:

Yeah, you are reading it backwards, the Tower is giving items in those amounts at those levels.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Keep one of each sphere in the storehouse. Sell everything else to get your billions. Level 90-99 exploring sucks. I’m only at 96 and it’s been a week or more.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Ah interesting that the tower gives so many runes. Neat

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Spheres just become a good source of money. I’m at the point where I just stockpile hundreds or thousands from the various pets at a time to sell during special events.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the correct move is to put one of each sphere in the storehouse and then craft and sell the rest of the spheres you craft. Don’t worry about saving Runestones at that point you’ll be drowning in them

the crawl to exploring 99 is easily the worst part of the game, even level 93 or so is only halfway there

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you want WHAT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

you want WHAT

Welcome to late game requests

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

rafikki posted:

Welcome to late game requests

oh I'm aware, I'm currently 3 gold leafs away from turning in 1000 gold leafs and 1000 gold feathers for another quest
after cracking open a few hundred large chest 02s to build a couple hundred flywheels and thousands of other metal doodads

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Winning the PHR lottery:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

One of mine just had 90 spiked shells in one, unfortunately I no longer need em.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Almost as good (though absolutely trivial requested items.)

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I think these PH tasks are best left until end game or near. I’ve just been knocking them off each day for the 150m odd.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Roughly 44% of the way through corn jail, and still no Runestone 11 in sight. I'm coming up on my first billion silver, though and sorely tempted to spend on lvl 6 owl so I can just get the runestone that way. Is this a bad idea?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yes because the owl will be your only source of honey for a long long long time, and leveling the owl up to 6 from level 5 cuts that by a few honey per day

for reference: I'm currently STILL honey gated doing the very very endgame quests, and just made my owl 6 to get some goldfish for another endgame quest

go for the frog if you're currently gated by gold leafs, or the macaw as a massive silver generator

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Welp, finally done with all requests except that one they added to give you another mystical staff if you had junked yours before they added a new quest line that needed obe. I guess it’s time to settle into the grand mastery grind.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kaboobi posted:

for reference: I'm currently STILL honey gated doing the very very endgame quests, and just made my owl 6 to get some goldfish for another endgame quest

I somehow got 3 of the 5 required goldfish for the collector quest without taking the owl to L6. Is there a way to get the last two I need for that quest without upgrading the owl? I really don’t want to do it before I have to, but can’t recall where I got the three goldfish I have.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Referee posted:

I somehow got 3 of the 5 required goldfish for the collector quest without taking the owl to L6. Is there a way to get the last two I need for that quest without upgrading the owl? I really don’t want to do it before I have to, but can’t recall where I got the three goldfish I have.

Getting your Tower to Level 49 provides 140 of them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Klungar posted:

Getting your Tower to Level 49 provides 140 of them.

Well, I haven’t unlocked the tower yet so that’s probably not on the immediate horizon :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
In game as Interroblast. Held off on posting about it until I knew I was hooked, and I'm 97/99/98/85 so uh. Hi.

There's really no hidden way to speed up the explore grind, is there? Beyond burning as much stamina at WC as possible?