Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Alaois posted:

its not even new they were showing it every year at E3 like 5-6 years ago and then it just vanished until they resurfaced it again recently

It's also releasing the day before probably the biggest game of 2022 (God of War Ragnarok).

korrandark fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

ubisoft is making a new open world pirate game

I think it's open world, I have done no further research because apparently I only play games that are at least 5 years old.

I upgraded my PS Plus subscription to the Extra tier last month, and while it's not as good as Xbox Gamepass (for those of you who have the option), it's given me access to a bunch of open world games that I've been meaning to play, like Red Dead 2, Miles Morales, and Ghosts of Tsushima.

It's just reeeeaaally unfortunate that this happened after Elden Ring, and after a few hundred hours into that game, the last thing I feel like playing for a while is a non-ER open world game

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Like anything made by ubisoft you can safely wait at least a few months and wait and see if it's a hot loving mess at launch or worth your money.

It'll probably have massive bloat with micro transactions too.

Not to piss in your cornflakes if a pirate game gets your engine running but yeah. Give it a beat before you get too hype.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

korrandark posted:

It's also releasing the day before probably the biggest game of 2022 (God of War Ragnarok).

Elden Ring has every best of 2022 thing handily sewn up already but ragnarok is probably the biggest game of the rest of the year, yeah.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
But seriously Metroid Dread is loving amazing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jon Bois got his own galaxy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Not to piss in your cornflakes if a pirate game gets your engine running but yeah. Give it a beat before you get too hype.

I haven't seen a single thing about the new one but you could also sorta just play AC: Black Flag again if you need to?

Looking it up--oh hey: 'Skull and Bones is the first video game led by developer Ubisoft Singapore, which drew inspiration from the naval battles of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag'

Also...this is generally not a positive sign in video game development, so yeah, wait a bit and see what people think of it seems like good advice.

quote:

According to a Kotaku report, the game has undergone multiple changes in direction and scope during development, exceeding its budget multiple times. Initially set in the Caribbean, it was moved to the fantastical Hyperborea, then finally the Indian Ocean. Gameplay was redesigned multiple times, focusing variously on naval exploration and ship-to-ship combat, before both were scrapped in favour of land-based survival elements inspired by games like Rust. Developers contacted by journalist Ethan Gatch attributed these difficulties to conflicting ideas, management issues, and lack of consistent direction.

In September 2020, it was revealed that, while development was continuing, a "new vision" for the game had emerged, which resulted in the release delays as more development time was needed. As well, it was stated that additional Ubisoft Studios, such as Ubisoft Berlin, were co-developing the game alongside Ubisoft Singapore.

Whew, yeah this thing is probably going to be a hot mess, at least at launch.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
God I missed What We Do in the Shadows.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I despised Elden Ring and deleted it after a couple days. Goddam do I hate Dark Souls

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I kind of hate how I don't find Souls games even slightly enjoyable but there's not a lot i can do about the games not catering to my personal tastes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've never played a Dark Souls but got put on to Bloodborne and loved it. I've since got both Sekiro and Elden Ring near launch.

Good poo poo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's enough galaxies in the visible universe for every human being to get one. Actually every human being who has ever lived.

Actually there's enough for every human who has ever lived to get at least 20 galaxies, and that's based on current visible-universe estimates (2 trillion galaxies) that could go up, and also a very very generous estimation of how many humans have ever lived (100 billion).

So IMO go ahead and pick out a galaxy or two for yourself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

There's enough galaxies in the visible universe for every human being to get one. Actually every human being who has ever lived.

Actually there's enough for every human who has ever lived to get at least 20 galaxies, and that's based on current visible-universe estimates (2 trillion galaxies) that could go up, and also a very very generous estimation of how many humans have ever lived (100 billion).

I can't wrap my brain around these kinds of numbers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is fiz fashizzle in this film called spy high? might not be. see ya

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Siri woke me up trying to give me Maps directions to work. This means that I've now developed a tic in my 40's where I talk in my sleep.

My sister talks in her sleep, and I suspect it's a genetic thing we inherited from Mom as she talked in her sleep too. I don't like this development as this means we have strong genetic markers for brain peculiarities, which also includes Alzheimer's like my maternal aunt has or MSA-C like my mom had.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

How quickly can we shoot Musk, Bezos, and Trump in a rocket to one of these many galaxies?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Manoueverable posted:

Elden Ring has every best of 2022 thing handily sewn up already but ragnarok is probably the biggest game of the rest of the year, yeah.

Stray literally comes out in less than a week.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I played through the Demons Souls remake and loved the poo poo out of it late 2020 / early 2021 but I absolutely could not find the time or effort to sit down and get through Elden Ring. I think the open world sort of shut my brain off to it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Lol fat Punisher cop is actually the guy currently in charge of Uvalde school cops.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Lol fat Punisher cop is actually the guy currently in charge of Uvalde school cops.

Hahaha jesus.

Again I’m never one to give cops the benefit of the doubt but he didn’t appear to be wearing a watch and in the video he pulls it out, checks it, and it immediately goes back in his pocket.

The punisher logo while he is doing absolutely nothing to help is just a little :discourse: as a treat.

I still think the biggest lesson from this is how some disaffected monster legally obtained enough firepower to extinguish 20 people in less than 3 minutes.

But yeah the whole thing sucks. The note about editing out the sound of screaming children is what got to me most.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

But yeah the whole thing sucks. The note about editing out the sound of screaming children is what got to me most.

Well I wasn't planning on seeking that video out and now definitely won't click to watch if it comes across a feed of mine :stare:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You guys should have watched the rugby league if you were up. 3 players knocked out in the first ten minutes and a punch up for good measure.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

Well I wasn't planning on seeking that video out and now definitely won't click to watch if it comes across a feed of mine :stare:

The video itself isn’t overly graphic but they do show him breaching the classroom door with ease and they play the sound of what sounds like endless gunfire before any police even make it inside.

That note though….

BlindSite posted:

You guys should have watched the rugby league if you were up. 3 players knocked out in the first ten minutes and a punch up for good measure.

I love rugby and I’m really sad I missed my opportunity to play in any meaningful sense. I wish it was televised more stateside.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

God I missed What We Do in the Shadows.

It was very disappointing last night to realize it was out on TV yesterday, not on Hulu until today.

We did watch the new Better Call Saul, which is the most caught-up we've been on a new TV show coming out in a long time.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol yesterday I read an article from a pretty standard media outlet about how Starbucks was closing multiple locations due to “local violence” and such. My first thought was “I bet some or all of those stores recently Unionized.”

This morning I saw some posts that I was right!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

The punisher logo while he is doing absolutely nothing to help is just a little :discourse: as a treat.

It's a near perfect illustration of american policing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

seiferguy posted:

I played through the Demons Souls remake and loved the poo poo out of it late 2020 / early 2021 but I absolutely could not find the time or effort to sit down and get through Elden Ring. I think the open world sort of shut my brain off to it.

I've been going through it at a pretty leisurely pace (like maybe 50 hours over the course of several months) and generally stayed leveled up enough that I'm not hitting my head against the wall against most bosses. It's my first FromSoft game, and I'm having a pretty good time with it. I've gotten to the doorstep of Valcano Manor and Leyendell at this point; I think I may finish those and call it good.

I took a break from that and played Pardise Killer last week; that was pretty fun.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/fangoria/status/1547228633265307649?s=21&t=5zkgqZrvxX_oSPWKTe10bw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't get what that's going for. The costuming and sets look incredibly cheap, the humor and acting is really weird and offputting. It feels like it's trying to capture the vibe of the original show when that really isn't going to work.

It's definitely no Addams Family.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If it is new up being bad then they will claim it is a homage to the original and then someone will want to remake 60’s Batman.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That is….terrible.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I just saw a dude undo his belt and fly and piss with one hand because his other hand was occupied with holding a whole rear end plate of spaghetti and breadsticks and a bottle of soda

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No wonder Universal wanted to interview me they need to show they are making some kind of changes when the fallout hits

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Like I just don't get what it's going for. The costuming / sets especially look more like they belong on SNL then a movie rear end movie.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

T-Square posted:

I just saw a dude undo his belt and fly and piss with one hand because his other hand was occupied with holding a whole rear end plate of spaghetti and breadsticks and a bottle of soda

:italy:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

This Ain't The Munsters XXX

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Guze posted:

This Ain't The Munsters XXX

Surely that exists already

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I found one immediately but it just seems to have interstials with the characters inbetween normal people banging. Like 45 minutes in the screen just has a terrible green filter over it.

E: Oh check that, 75 minutes in the Frankenstein's banging a chick.

E: I have also never heard of spankbang.com, but somehow no viruses or malware as far as I can tell.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I found one immediately but it just seems to have interstials with the characters inbetween normal people banging. Like 45 minutes in the screen just has a terrible green filter over it.

E: I have also never heard of spankbang.com, but somehow no viruses or malware as far as I can tell.

You're brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

Thank you for your service