Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Not content with using people in her videos without their permission:
https://twitter.com/labourforces/status/1546488686371536896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Twin hashtags making GBS threads on Harry and Meghan on Twitter and I both do not care but also suspect that many of the people accusing Harry of being racist are not doing so out of a genuine concern for ethnic harmony.

But...he's a ginner? What kind of double reverse racism has the mail accused him off this time.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Corbyn et sum jam forte
Boris et erat
Paris tug in tractor
Tom Tugendhat

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Are we in a time loop?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Are we in a time loop?

Starmer hasn’t announced the Third Way quite yet.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

fuctifino posted:

Not content with using people in her videos without their permission:
https://twitter.com/labourforces/status/1546488686371536896

New Labout policy announcement: a Pantone-type system for which parts of the flag specific organizations can use as their logos.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
gently caress sake

https://twitter.com/DavidTWilcock/status/1547157047522762753?s=20&t=0Z08wuvngEnSnlVrWaw8GA

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Isn't that pro-trans? Or am I reading it wrong.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Private Speech posted:

You're reading it wrong. "I as a woman do not have male genitalia"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ She also said that every PM needs one, which as she's running for PM would be a really odd thing to say alongside "women don't have one".

Private Speech posted:

Mordaunt is better than most Tories on the issues, probably because her twin brother is gay. But that just means she supports anti-LGBT legislation because the base demands it rather than actively proposing it because she wants it.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Why was she asked two trans questions, are the existence trans people such a national issue that they have to be discussed at the campaign launch of a prospective Prime Minister. Just manafactured culture wars all the way down, euuugggh.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It's a hot button topic that is currently tripping up a lot of MPs, as most don't really care and haven't thought about it, so journalists love to ask it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

When you have no policy you bang culture wars and trans people get to be the new* punching bag.

*narrator: this is not new for them in the slightest

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Because anger and throwing the current minority de jure under the bus both distracts from any actual critique of policy (not that it seems anyone cares about that anymore) and signal boosts the candidate by increasing visibility and general engagement. Same for any advertising really.

It's extremely hard not to benefit from negative publicity regarding wedge issues like that (i hate that trans rights are a loving wedge issue... gently caress people so much) Especially if you're aware what you're saying will cause people to flip out and can just keep doubling down. It'll further strengthen your base, and get it shared to way more people who may decide they like what you say.

It doesn't work the other way because you have to be a oval office and know it. Which many sensible centrist types could never admit to

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Mordaunt is probably not personally anti-trans, but she will absolutely say or do whatever is needed in order to win the votes of the 100k or so elderly bigots who will decide the next PM.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In weather news has it cooled down for the rest of you today? It rained yesterday and while that just made it hot and humid the overnight cooling meant today is pleasant, especially when the breeze picks up.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

It's lovely up here in Newcastle. For now.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

In weather news has it cooled down for the rest of you today? It rained yesterday and while that just made it hot and humid the overnight cooling meant today is pleasant, especially when the breeze picks up.

Still too hot for me, where I'm at. It's still very humid here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

When you have no policy you bang culture wars and trans people get to be the new* punching bag.

*narrator: this is not new for them in the slightest
It's also a weak point for the confluence of authoritarian capitalism and Christian nationalism that has been bubbling on and off in the US for centuries to try and attack.

Gender clinics are transing kids, therefore destroying childhood, the NHS is killing children, inclusive sex education is grooming children, the only solution is to scrap all healthcare and education and return to the old-fashioned Christian family.

No wait not the ones with two dozen members that live in the hills and blow up coal mines, I mean the nuclear family that's too small to organize against wage slavery, dependent on health insurance, and keeps churning out more workers, just like in the Bible.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The world's worst pundit strikes again https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1547141083024564224?s=20&t=Q5DOR92M57tGlmKNL1DVmw

Oh, you're starving? Well at least I know what a woman is!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1547141729328971776

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Chinese Gordon posted:

Mordaunt is probably not personally anti-trans, but she will absolutely say or do whatever is needed in order to win the votes of the 100k or so elderly bigots who will decide the next PM.

Only if it goes to a run-off.

Normally I'd think Sunak would romp this, but it looks like about half the MPs are against him and if they unify behind Mordaunt or Truss he may well withdraw. Those two might also be able to split the support of the other five ghouls in exchange for considerations, which still won't be good for decent LGBT legislation but it will be the MPs rather than the membership who decide.

Honestly, I think whichever of Mordaunt and Truss is first to offer Tugendhat a Great Office is going to win.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jeremy Corbyn drank a full bottle of whiskey, sent abusive texts from my phone, and shat in my pants again!

Tesseraction posted:

The world's worst pundit strikes again https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1547141083024564224?s=20&t=Q5DOR92M57tGlmKNL1DVmw

Oh, you're starving? Well at least I know what a woman is!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Literally cannot function without repeating the mantra of "woman have vagine, man have peepee" to myself over and over every waking hour of the day. The wokies are trying to take that away from me and then where will we be?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

Also apparently some scenes in PMQs as Speaker Hoyle had to make the Sarge-at-Arms remove some opposition MPs from the chamber for booing Johnson too forcefully

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1547150286837407744

:guillotine:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Julie Holland, 61, who lives opposite the former vicarage owned by Stephanie Hawa, also 61, was also not sympathetic to the MP. Holland, who owns a cat called Boris, named after the prime minister, and a dog called Stanley, after Johnson’s father, said: ‘It’s a disgrace. If he had done that to my cat I would have done something about it. But, she added: “I’m still a supporter.”

lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/elliot_chappell/status/1547172917703856129?t=7L38OWjbWyBlLmRR1f_8FQ&s=19

He's just saying what were all thinking

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"with croquet mallet" lmao the most posh crime

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Tesseraction posted:

Also apparently some scenes in PMQs as Speaker Hoyle had to make the Sarge-at-Arms remove some opposition MPs from the chamber for booing Johnson too forcefully

They were Alba part MPs, which apparently exist. (That's the Alex Salmond party that doesn't know how to pronounce its own name.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can never read alba party now with out hearing "ah nivvur touched them weemin" in my head, and also I keep reading that in a speedy gonzalez voice so apologies to crispix.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I can never read alba party now with out hearing "ah nivvur touched them weemin" in my head, and also I keep reading that in a speedy gonzalez voice so apologies to crispix.

I read it in a Ren and Stimpy voice

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

domhal posted:

They were Alba part MPs, which apparently exist. (That's the Alex Salmond party that doesn't know how to pronounce its own name.)

I also didn't know they existed in parliament, looking it up both cunts used the SNP ticket to get elected then defected.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

:lol:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

:psyduck: https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1547177027723223041?t=cCcTOQL6Mx8TzvH8EQez8w&s=19

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Oh come on, where the half bricks and molotovs?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I have to say, Johnson is not at the top of his game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

peanut- posted:

Julie Holland, 61, who lives opposite the former vicarage owned by Stephanie Hawa, also 61, was also not sympathetic to the MP. Holland, who owns a cat called Boris, named after the prime minister, and a dog called Stanley, after Johnson’s father, said: ‘It’s a disgrace. If he had done that to my cat I would have done something about it. But, she added: “I’m still a supporter.”

lmao

"I never thought they would eat my leopard!", says woman who voted for the Faeces Eating People's Leopards Party.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I hope whatever stroke brought that utterance out manages to finish what covid started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol so that's why he ignored Keir's motion https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1547178848000917504?s=21&t=XectdrJdSePyuBzuYG_tNA