Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

His best comps are super strong. If you dont need extra healing you can use fischl+xingqiu+beidou/yelan. Variations of this comp have been the easiest non-national way to clear with 4*s since launch.

zhongli has broken my ability to skillfully play this game, tale as old as time, but i did run lost prayers heizou with yelan, fischl and em kazuha to test out anemo resonance/movement speed last night. pretty fun but having not-dodging ingrained in me resulted in many deaths :dumbbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Speaking of that how necessary is a healer in a general team comp? I feel I need Barb a lot because dodge timing can feel off on some bosses, but given that I got Kazuha I kind of want to run like some kind of team along the lines of Yelan, Keqing, Kaz, and idk Fish? Or I guess just Barb. (Noelle being my only other healer at the moment.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It varies from comp to comp. Freeze or Zhongli teams can often get away without much healing (like XQ is enough). Shieldless might need more. Pyro teams can have trouble in the overworld with grass constantly doing tick damage.

If you kill things fast enough, a trip to a statue every now and then will do if we're not talking domains. Even with domains, you can just in between.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you generally want a healer or a shield just for comfort. teams can function fine without one but you need to be very onpoint with dodging and positioning. and you definitely want a healer for an overworld team.

You could try Bennett/Kazuha/Yelan/XQ if you have Benny and XQ. Benny can totally cover the healer slot.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

you generally want a healer or a shield just for comfort. teams can function fine without one but you need to be very onpoint with dodging and positioning. and you definitely want a healer for an overworld team.

You could try Bennett/Kazuha/Yelan/XQ if you have Benny and XQ. Benny can totally cover the healer slot.

Sadly I don't have XQ. I guess I do have Bennett but I hate his design.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
You can use food pretty much anywhere outside of Abyss. Equip the food gadget and you don't even have to pause to do it.

Gadget system really is a 5*.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unfortunately food requires a much higher cost than rolling a 5*: farming ingredients

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MNSNTZR posted:

zhongli has broken my ability to skillfully play this game, tale as old as time, but i did run lost prayers heizou with yelan, fischl and em kazuha to test out anemo resonance/movement speed last night. pretty fun but having not-dodging ingrained in me resulted in many deaths :dumbbravo:
Beidou+Xingqiu give something like 80% damage reduction when both their bursts are active, and xongqiu heals on top of it. Xingqiu in general is just ridiculous, going back from yelan to xingqiu turned my diluc from a deathtrap back into easy mode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the new weapons kinda seem like they just made a spear version of thrilling tales, maybe thoma will finally not be that awful

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Hey, can I get some advice? I (a relative beginner) got Jean'd on my last pull. I want both Klee and Ganyu, but Ganyu moreso - unsure whether I should just save up gems to 90-pull for guaranteed goat in 3.0 or play risky and pull like a mad lass hoping to acquire both. Current squad is Diluc, Xingqiu, Sucrose and Noelle. I know Ganyu is widely considered significantly better as a character but Klee's learning curve and skill cap appeal to me I think? I'm on Welkin (and don't want to buy gems outright, given how much that costs) and have just reached Liyue, story wise, so probably have a fair few gems to pick up from just doing Archon quests.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My advice is to always go for the character you like more

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PastaBakeWizard posted:

Hey, can I get some advice? I (a relative beginner) got Jean'd on my last pull. I want both Klee and Ganyu, but Ganyu moreso - unsure whether I should just save up gems to 90-pull for guaranteed goat in 3.0 or play risky and pull like a mad lass hoping to acquire both. Current squad is Diluc, Xingqiu, Sucrose and Noelle. I know Ganyu is widely considered significantly better as a character but Klee's learning curve and skill cap appeal to me I think? I'm on Welkin (and don't want to buy gems outright, given how much that costs) and have just reached Liyue, story wise, so probably have a fair few gems to pick up from just doing Archon quests.
If you just reached Liyue you absolutely haven't gotten all the primos in the game, not just quests but chests, sidequests, character quests, etc. I'd advise just yoloing, you should have enough funds to cover both if you play actively.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

other artifact set just dropped

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
Thanks friends! I guess what I'll do is I'll go seek out the primos, and if by the end of Klee's banner it looks like I'll be able to get both, then I'll do that. Otherwise, pretty goat lady guarantee.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Here's what I have:
Razor
Kaeya
Barbara (C3)
Xiangling
Sayu (C1)
Lisa
Amber
Kazuha
Mona
Noelle
Heizou (C1)
Rosaria
Kujou Sara
Thoma (C1)
Yanfei (C1)

And I'll be getting a Fischl from the event. Conspicuously still missing Bennett and Xingqiu; I'll pick up the latter in September if I have enough stardust by then.

A few comps that I am considering:
Mona/Fischl/Sara/Heizou
Mona/Xiangling/Kazuha/flex (should be Bennett but no dice there; maybe Thoma?)
Razor/Kaeya/Fischl/flex (Barbara/Kazuha/Sayu?)
Yanfei/Thoma/Barbara/?

I would love to run a Yanfei comp in particular; I think she's really fun to play but I don't feel like I have good supports for her, especially without Xingqiu. Mona also seems pretty cool. Razor I am getting tired of.

Thinking about this more, I am leaning towards building:
1) Rosaria/Kaeya/Mona/Kazuha
2) Yanfei/Fischl/Barbara/Heizou

Thoughts on this? I still feel pretty lost in terms of what works well and what is possible, and I'd rather not invest a ton of resources into building up teams that turn out to not work well or not be enjoyable.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I'm getting a little FOMO but resisting the temptation to pull just for the sake of it (I blew a ton of wishes to get Itto because I wanted a himbo). Kazuha is cool but I don't think it makes sense for me to get another wimdy character when, as far as I can tell, I lucked out and got the only one that enables my playstyle. That being "sometimes I literally cannot switch characters and enemies don't register health loss due to lag, so I just need to frantically hit things with a stick and not die until the server catches up"

I did pull a couple just for the sake of it and got the new punchy guy almost immediately so that was nice.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

Beidou+Xingqiu give something like 80% damage reduction when both their bursts are active, and xongqiu heals on top of it. Xingqiu in general is just ridiculous, going back from yelan to xingqiu turned my diluc from a deathtrap back into easy mode.

beidou’s been benched at level 50 so long for me due to my complete lack of actually good claymores for her. i have to be one of the only day one players that hasn’t seen wgs (or aquila)

i WANT to use her but that and the impasse of prioritizing my resin on leveling 5*s has me shrugging every time i put fischl in my team instead

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Fischl is amazing and beidou doesnt do much without fischl so you got the order right!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oof, looks like Sumeru weapons will need a new kind of billet. I guess that means I don't need to hoard my current ones.

Edit: Wow, Dori looks like she'll be both a healer and a battery. Her personal stats do look abysmal though.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 13, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Lost 50/50 (4th time in a row) to Jean C2, which is a great constellation for her, so not terrible. Still had enough saved up to get Kazuha. Also got C6 Heizou along the way, but not sure what he'll be good at.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Honey Hunter has been updated with Sumeru character data.

Collei's burst description:

quote:

Trusty Cuilein-Anbar comes to save the day!
Throws the doll named Cuilein-Anbar, causing an explosion that deals AoE Dendro DMG, creating a Cuilein-Anbar Zone. Cuilein-Anbar will bound around within this zone, dealing AoE Dendro DMG.

"Pretty impressive, huh? ... Eh? You want to know how I came up with the name Cuilein-Anbar? Uh, well, I..."

miHoYo... you don't know the kind of fanart you're encouraging. Well, maybe you do

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monopyro Klee is great fun

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Do Klee's bombs get vacuumed by anemo like Aloy's bombs?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sanctum posted:

Do Klee's bombs get vacuumed by anemo like Aloy's bombs?

Venti does not suck them. Kazuha, Sucrose and Jean do.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Oof, looks like Sumeru weapons will need a new kind of billet. I guess that means I don't need to hoard my current ones.

Edit: Wow, Dori looks like she'll be both a healer and a battery. Her personal stats do look abysmal though.

i just said they were going to gently caress up dori

i’m not going to lie, i’m getting real tired of supports and hybrids. i miss braindead dps

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Punch-catalyst definitely feels a bit different than other weapons. I hope we get another punchalyst user who isn't a cop.

I'm really looking forward to revisiting the Golden Apple Archipelago again. Now that I have all the bits and pieces to enable my ultimate jump team, it might be pretty neat seeing if I can scale mountains the wrong way or cheese those purple cloud gliding courses from the trailers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MNSNTZR posted:

i just said they were going to gently caress up dori
she looks totally fine lol, she has a high burst cost but she has an a4 passive that gives her energy, and shes electro to begin with. her healing is kinda low but shes an electro applying battery with some healing on the side.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I hadn't tried Shinobu much despite getting her last patch so I threw her into my Heizou team (H + XQ + Raiden) and god drat, I just cannot die while constantly tazing the poo poo out of everything, it's great. But I'm constantly feeling a little on edge because of seeing that Shinobu life bar permanently in the red.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Got Ningguang (first time) and a C1 Thoma from the first 10 wishes. Fun banner, going to get grinding.

Also someone needs to dump ice water on Donna. Standing in a public market 24/7 yelling about how horny you are? There has to be some sort of ordinance against this.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I hadn't tried Shinobu much despite getting her last patch so I threw her into my Heizou team (H + XQ + Raiden) and god drat, I just cannot die while constantly tazing the poo poo out of everything, it's great. But I'm constantly feeling a little on edge because of seeing that Shinobu life bar permanently in the red.

How to use her efficiently as a party healer is a big question of mine, since she's all I have for that now. I'm so used to Noelle I'm pretty lost atm. But she rules and makes everything on my tv explode so there's no going back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Leaks say 3.0 will have up to 10 team slots

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tae posted:

Leaks say 3.0 will have up to 10 team slots

holy poo poo it's the thing I've been asking for in surveys, every survey, since I started.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

also people are saying you'll be able to convert billets like you can w/ the gems so don't stress too much if you saved them and want one of the new sumeru weapons :v:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
This billet situation sure is annoying, considering I've been farming all 6 bosses a week, some of them past the point of their drops being even conceivably useful. I've stockpiled a decent amount and now they're all useless :/

I guess this is a sign to finally pull the trigger on all those decent-but-marginal weapons I've been thinking about getting to R5. Like the sayu claymore, or maybe getting both proto crescent and hamayumi for Ganyu to switch between.

Edit:

Mix. posted:

also people are saying you'll be able to convert billets like you can w/ the gems so don't stress too much if you saved them and want one of the new sumeru weapons :v:

wtf I literally just used them all are you kidding me :rant:

I guess this is my fault for being impatient :(

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 13, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

she looks totally fine lol, she has a high burst cost but she has an a4 passive that gives her energy, and shes electro to begin with. her healing is kinda low but shes an electro applying battery with some healing on the side.

If these datamined stats hold up, she'll have the lowest base ATK (besides Hu Tao) and HP

ER will likely be her ascension stat, but her healing scales with HP

Not gonna make any conclusions about how good she is in a team, especially before we know about Dendro and how much it improves Electro, but her personal damage will certainly be pitiful.

Edit: fun fact - the 4* with the highest base ATK is Xinyan :rock:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 13, 2022

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

MNSNTZR posted:

beidou’s been benched at level 50 so long for me due to my complete lack of actually good claymores for her. i have to be one of the only day one players that hasn’t seen wgs (or aquila)

i WANT to use her but that and the impasse of prioritizing my resin on leveling 5*s has me shrugging every time i put fischl in my team instead

I really want to like Beidou, I've gotten her pretty much everything she wants for a tazer comp, but her burst is still too expensive for me to use reliably in the overworld, and without it up my tazer team dmg output is so much lower than my other teams. Maybe another 6 months of running SF will get me the stats I need to make it work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

If these datamined stats hold up, she'll have the lowest base ATK (besides Hu Tao) and HP

ER will likely be her ascension stat, but her healing scales with HP

Not gonna make any conclusions about how good she is in a team, especially before we know about Dendro and how much it improves Electro, but her personal damage will certainly be pitiful.

Edit: fun fact - the 4* with the highest base ATK is Xinyan :rock:
her personal damage being pitiful is fine i feel like. an electro applier, healer, and er generator that also did decent damage would be insane

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It's definitely the tradeoff for her role compression. Maybe she'll be the Diona of Electro. Still, it's a pity that yet another sweet NA animation will go unseen.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Space Opera posted:

I really want to like Beidou, I've gotten her pretty much everything she wants for a tazer comp, but her burst is still too expensive for me to use reliably in the overworld, and without it up my tazer team dmg output is so much lower than my other teams. Maybe another 6 months of running SF will get me the stats I need to make it work.

Taser team is Beidou and people who enable Beidou. She's broken as a 1.0 4 star which is why the team exits.

PastaBakeWizard posted:

Is Ganyu going to be n 3.0? All the leaks I see put her in later.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Converting billets only takes 2 dream solvents, which is basically nothing for billet farmers. Looks like Dvalin/Andrius/Childe aren't off the hook just yet :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MNSNTZR posted:

If you're a day one player, you should be able to use the canon Beidou weapon, the fish.