Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Texas would be a lot better off if they reduced their ridiculously large power demand. AGC.

Also god drat that armadillo is hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Don't Caitlyn Jenner's kids still call her dad? I don't know if she calls herself dad though.

I think it's one of those personal preference things.
One of the webcomics I still read, the creator came out as trans awhile ago, but her kid still calls her dad I believe.

Mae Dean from Real Life comics, in case anyone is wondering

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Twelve by Pies posted:

Garrison trying to blame Texas refusing to adhere to national power grid standards on imaginary "overreliance on green energy" in loving Texas is wild.

During the winter power disaster, this take was loving everywhere. Was wondering when we'd see it again.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Kevin Necessary

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Alternate States of America: Gov Newsome of California, bleeding citizens, blasted Florida’s Gov Desantis to welcome people back to his state.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Is it me or is Stiglich emphasizing the anti-Semitic caricature nose he's drawing Biden with more and more in each new strip he does?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

A real pot-meets-kettle moment.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Next Time Write a Letter to the Editor

Ted Rall posted:

Please use the attached cartoon for Wednesday, July 13 rather than the one previously sent. The previous one is embargoed and will go out later. The change is because this one is more timely. Please let me know if you have any questions.

First Dog on the Moon: Covid is everywhere. If only there was some sort of ‘government’ to help us

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 13, 2022

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Photo of Kyrgios for contrast:

I didn't even recognise it as Kyrgios except for the context.

Vib Rib posted:

All these tennis comics just feel so uncomfortably close to the decades-old retreads of "can't believe this nonwhite celebrity is being so uppity and uncouth", regardless of the actual issues being raised by said celebrities.
Knight was also the one responsible for this "caricature" of Serena Williams.

It's not uncomfortably close to those old takes, it's the exact same racism. From racist piece of poo poo Knight. I look forward to absolutely nothing being done about this either by the pack of gutless loving wonders in Australian Press Council.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Wow, I am so glad I read the article associated with it, otherwise I might have missed this wonderful man.

quote:

Some Conservative MPs questioned the need for the national emergency and the resulting disruption.

Sir John Hayes, chairman of the Common Sense Group of Conservative MPs, said: "This is not a brave new world but a cowardly new world where we live in a country where we are frightened of the heat. It is not surprising that in snowflake Britain, the snowflakes are melting. Thankfully, most of us are not snowflakes.

"The idea that we clamour for hot weather for most of the year and then shut down when it does heat up is indicative of the state in which we now live."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Korthal posted:

Wow, I am so glad I read the article associated with it, otherwise I might have missed this wonderful man.

Conservatives continue to insist that cold and hot are a binary.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Conservatives continue to insist that cold and hot are a binary.

It's a lot like gender in that way

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I can't believe all these weak little snowflakes are melting from a little heat I say, looking down at the sweating masses from my palanquin as my servants fan me with palm fronds.

bartok
May 10, 2006

All those elderly and disabled people dying in their own homes during a heatwave are just precious woke snowflakes who couldn't deal with the heat. Who knew?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tory leadership race – Gaseous emissions from eight contenders fail to compare with wonders of cosmos revealed by Nasa space telescope" Left to right: Penny Mordaunt, Tom Tugenhat, Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Nadhim Zahawi.

Telegraph:

:sun: UK weather: ‘Extreme heat’ alert for Sunday as Met Office warns of life-threatening conditions :supaburn:

Matt:

:sun: Sleeping in a heatwave: 8 tips to keep cool and make it through the night :supaburn:

Independent:

Nadine Dorries and Jacob Rees-Mogg announce who they are backing to be the next PM [Liz Truss]

Times:

Rishi Sunak: Former chancellor under fire in Tory tax war

Evening Standard:

Tory MPs to begin voting in leadership election as ‘dirty tricks’ row erupts

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I realize this is Tony Branco, but California has no statewide COVID restrictions, and only one county, Alameda, requires masking.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I can't let a Pork Markets reference go by without sharing this (it's a reference to a speech she made a while ago with very weird line delivery, kind of sums up her general ability to pretend to be a human being)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhlRM6rYck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gygpvd9_Ra0&t=473s

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

I appreciate that the Torygraph is trying to kill their audience, but I just checked some forecasts and saw temperatures near 40°C.

That's not happy sunbathing weather. That kind of temperature spike kills the elderly in droves with distressing regularity.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Blower's just having a normal one where he tells everyone that the closest to any oppression he's ever received in his life is seeing a sign encouraging him to do something for his own health and the good of others around him.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Korthal posted:

Sir John Hayes, chairman of the Common Sense Group of Conservative MPs, said: "This is not a brave new world but a cowardly new world where we live in a country where we are frightened of the heat. It is not surprising that in snowflake Britain, the snowflakes are melting. Thankfully, most of us are not snowflakes.

"The idea that we clamour for hot weather for most of the year and then shut down when it does heat up is indicative of the state in which we now live."

You could have told me this was delivered by Graham Chapman in a Python episode and I would have 100% believed you.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Bonuses are back as Afterpay CEOs take home a record $264m (AFR). Meanwhile the Reserve Bank is trying to cap average income rises to 3.5% while facing down an expected inflation rate of 7%.

Knight:

The News Corp papers crop their cartoons, the talking critter thing says "Brett Sutton must be in here somewhere" (Sutton is Victoria's Chief Health Office). There is a state election in Victoria in November. Why the Victorian government won’t go harder on COVID restrictions (The Age).

Warren Brown:

A big vibe of a cartoon made before the result (Warren's state NSW lost the game and series).

Wilcox:

Anthony Albanese boxing Greens leader Adam Bandt. Labor isn't budging on its target of 43% emissions reduction by 2030 and it needs the Greens to get anything through the Senate, so far the strategy appears to be to attack and blame if they don't wave it through. Albanese blames Greens for a decade of inaction on climate policy (The Age). Labor backing fossil fuel projects could scupper Greens support for 43% target (Guardian)

Dyson:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Kellies nomination: worst caricature

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Knight:

The News Corp papers crop their cartoons, the talking critter thing says "Brett Sutton must be in here somewhere" (Sutton is Victoria's Chief Health Office). There is a state election in Victoria in November. Why the Victorian government won’t go harder on COVID restrictions (The Age).

It seems that it is our grim fate to live under siege from the sinister, life-destroying virus that is Covid Laws. Why? Why did the politicians make these deadly laws? We may never know.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 14, 2022

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Gary Markstein

Pedro X. Molina

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Taco Belle: Jill Biden’s speech reduced the Hispanic community down to a breakfast taco.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Thanks, Branco. Now I have to think about the loving Bidens doing consensual pet play in the loving White House.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know conservative politoons often draw black folks complaining about Republican issues as if to say "no, THIS is what the black community cares about" and to pretend they have more black support than they do, but in the last few weeks it seems like they've really ramped it up. I wish I'd been keeping track but I've seen seeing a lot of rightwing toons with black women saying "what I actually care about is inflation and nothing else" while scoffing at this Roe nonsense or the Jan 6 white supremacist party.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

what the hell kind of vehicular abomination has Payne drawn into existence now.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gosh, I wonder what Payne thinks should be done to curb inflation. I'm sure it will definitely help black people!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

You don't get to make fun of that statement when all the hispanics in your cartoons are violent criminals.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 14, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
You know the Uvalde police have massively hosed up when Michael Ramirez is criticizing them.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

You know the Uvalde police have massively hosed up when Michael Ramirez is criticizing them.

The police didn't give any instructions to the children for them to ignore and therefore justify getting shot

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Twelve by Pies posted:

"See, I criticize the bad apples. You WOKE MOB LIBS want to defund ALL the police just because of some outlier incident. I am therefore the rational one."

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Still can't get over the cartoon of a SDAGDC liberal pointing at a barrel of apples and screaming "they're all bad!" cause there's one bad one at the top

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

when even mike "please don't resist arrest" ramirez is dunking on the cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I don't get what the artist is thinking, like are people of colour tied to their home country by international currency rates or.... what???