Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

projecthalaxy posted:

I love the depiction of the Foot Clan's hangout spot/honeypot. Free cola! One half pipe! Arcade games with skulls in them! And at the end, the option to join a samurai death cult!

Hackers is about the kids who hang out at the foot clan arcade recruiting center during the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think the MeToo movement and then Epstein entering into the public consciousness cracked open something in a lot of people's brains that was not able to be neatly put away. Like there's an awareness that stuff like child trafficking and sex abuse by the elites is happening, but also that they cannot really be held accountable for any of it.
So I think they're trying to find another path to resolve the feeling that something needs to be done about this terrible thing, and their brains land on "my 'neighbor' (in this case some other random tiktoker) is also doing child trafficking and I will hold THEM accountable for it."

Maybe those spurred this specific manifestation, but it's mostly in line with previous moral panics about minorities coming for young white women. People have made a lot of noise about sex trafficking here in the past couple of years, but it's always rich girls calling a parking lot "sketch" or claiming their cousin was almost sex trafficked at a gas station. When there was an actual large-scale sex trafficking bust recently, none of the victims were of that demographic, and the victims were being held by people they knew.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I love the depiction of the Foot Clan's hangout spot/honeypot. Free cola! One half pipe! Arcade games with skulls in them! And at the end, the option to join a samurai death cult!

I always wanted to go there as a kid

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

the victims were being held by people they knew.

this is the key bit of info a lot of these conspiracies/panics leave out. obviously it’s a bit different in the case of child trafficking but even then I don’t think most kids are just snatched off the street, it’s still at least initiated by people they know and trust iirc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

this is the key bit of info a lot of these conspiracies/panics leave out. obviously it’s a bit different in the case of child trafficking but even then I don’t think most kids are just snatched off the street, it’s still at least initiated by people they know and trust iirc

Part of the problem is that cops now call their prostitution busts "sex trafficking stings" even though no one ever gets charged with sex trafficking, only with solicitation or prostitution.

Gives people the impression that "Taken" poo poo is happening in their backyard when it's actually just the usual cops busting johns.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Good soup! posted:

I remember going back and watching the first TMNT movie years ago, the first time I had seen it since I was a kid, no less, and I was genuinely surprised that it was far better than it had any right to be

Good movie!

That opening was cool as hell too. A massive hand-off chain for wallet snatching teens.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Is someone giving out "Big Tiddy GGGILF Pelosi" avs and what thread do I need to avoid to avoid that, cause I think yours is the third or fourth I've seen.

Would you like one? I'll contact an admin.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I kind of want a future episode that shows each of the kids as they are as grownups except they're all senators.

Double d who is somehow still an intern.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

projecthalaxy posted:

Doesn't that movie make a big deal about Shredder recruiting kids off the streets and establishing himself as a father figure to them? That kinda setup makes a lot of sense, it's basically like army recruitment events.

Actually that's probably the most in-depth they actually get into the Foot Clan in most TMNT incarnations. The 2012 series does have an acquaintance/stalker of the Turtles recruited to the Foot, and later in the series they actually talk about how the Foot's running out of minions and use knockoff alien technology to build robo-ninjas to replace them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1546987394636943361

finally, someone is listening to my demands for positive sexual content in movies

Dysthymia
May 13, 2022
Where do y’all go for movie recommendations? I’ve had the best experience with Google (oddly enough) and IMDB. Letterboxd’s lists tend to be super mainstream and oddly specific while Movielens gets me wrong entirely.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dysthymia posted:

Where do y’all go for movie recommendations? I’ve had the best experience with Google (oddly enough) and IMDB. Letterboxd’s lists tend to be super mainstream and oddly specific while Movielens gets me wrong entirely.

you just ask me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dysthymia posted:

Criterion Channel has some real good curation going on, it's rare that I outright dislike a movie I've seen on it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/FANGORIA/status/1547228633265307649?t=W6sABlHN26GapiVRw1ZgvQ&s=19

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The nation will be rapt with Munster Mania this september. it is time for us all to heal

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
is "monster mash" public domain yet? looking forward to a gritty take on it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qdnOMLWS8

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
something i'd like to share with the rest of the thread in anticipation of the munsters movie: ever since I watched house of 1000 corpses a couple months ago, i have periodically been singing "Sheri Moon Zombie" to the tune of Paperback Writer

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

looks very dumb

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

looks very dumb

mods, please show this Munster hater the door

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

move over summer of morbius, it's time for the autumn of munsters

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:hellyeah:

RandolphCarter posted:

looks very dumb
:hellyeah:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I am loving here for this

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

:hai:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
fun fact, Herman Munster is canonically a US Army WW2 veteran. I wonder if they're keeping that

e: on second thought probably not, because the original timeline was Herman meets Lily in Transylvania, then they move to America, then Herman joins the army lol

At least I can probably trust Rob Zombie not to make him an Iraq/Afghanistan veteran or something

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Jul 13, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow this looks like poo poo. visually I mean. the sets and effects are so distractingly bad I have no idea what the movie’s about

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

wow this looks like poo poo. visually I mean. the sets and effects are so distractingly bad I have no idea what the movie’s about

once again indigi posts a terrible opinion - too bad indigi! Munstermaniacs will not be deterred!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

fun fact, Herman Munster is canonically a US Army WW2 veteran. I wonder if they're keeping that

e: on second thought probably not, because the original timeline was Herman meets Lily in Transylvania, then they move to America, then Herman joins the army lol

At least I can probably trust Rob Zombie not to make him an Iraq/Afghanistan veteran or something

Since he’s a Frankenstein made out of multiple corpses stitched together, he can technically be a veteran of all of Americas wars!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

galagazombie posted:

Since he’s a Frankenstein made out of multiple corpses stitched together, he can technically be a veteran of all of Americas wars!

so this is that wounded warrior project i've been hearing about

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Plank Walker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Sg9efb0hc

galagazombie posted:

Plank Walker posted:

so this is that wounded warrior project i've been hearing about

It does kinda sound like a Metal Gear plot doesn't it?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/nothasanabi/status/1547182662816649217

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Srice posted:

move over summer of morbius, it's time for the autumn of munsters

munsters movie smashing opening weekend records, makes one munstrillion dollars

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Augus posted:

munsters movie smashing opening weekend records, makes one munstrillion dollars

finally something to dethrone morbius

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm gonna flip my loving lid in the theater when they start playing Dragula during The Munsters movie

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'll watch the Munster movie but only if Gomez Addams shows up out of nowhere and kills Herman with a rapier.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Impossible for me to read this word and not hear it in Hulk Hogans voice in my head.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they upped herman's voice an octave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVP4cr9X0U

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It does kinda sound like a Metal Gear plot doesn't it?

it's the backstory of Deadman in death stranding. minus the wars.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm gonna flip my loving lid in the theater when they start playing Dragula during The Munsters movie

The movie is direct to video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The movie is direct to video

no way!!!