Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you’d followed the rules…the Ghost PIRATE rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh I could have done that.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Have a bacon!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TK-42-1 posted:

I'll just blurt out in my monarch impression 'OR THE POLAR BEAR FROM LOST' as a massive non sequitur just to get it out of my brain

This is me with "I laugh at regular jokes like this!"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hunter: "Malignant?"
Treister: "Down right malevolent!"

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
"Do you know what he called me?!! A honky!"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

"Do you know what he called me?!! A honky!"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"If it were a woman I'd marry it."

"And I'd jeopardize our friendship by nailing your hot wife."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Also anytime I see anything Led Zeppelin related I think of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19aYhSJO40

Icarus... so uh... what are you trying to tell me here little man, that you don't like Zep?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

QuarkJets posted:

Icarus... so uh... what are you trying to tell me here little man, that you don't like Zep?

No man, it's about love!

Beep boop beep

..yeah and hobbits

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Not today Rusty. Not. Today.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Sataere posted:

No man, it's about love!

Beep boop beep

..yeah and hobbits

"Why am I arguing about this with a robot?!"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Now that Treister Hulk is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing his completely normal son again.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

QuarkJets posted:

I ... Treister's son was in the show?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

For a time I worked with a albino, and any time they did me a favour it took every ounce of strength not to mention the albino code

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nilbop posted:

Did you even watch the clip you quoted?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Nilbop posted:

If I remember right it was supposed to be just a throwaway name they took from a neighbor one of them had as kids but as usual with this show they decided to make it into something bigger later.

Unrelated but one of the things I love about this show is the on purpose plotholes. The big one I remember is Billy's hand and eye because even though they could have filled that in during early elisodes they felt they couldn't do it justice and waitied.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nilbop posted:

Yeah before Treister even

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
He also briefly appears in a flashback and maybe even got molested by Hatred too

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Does he?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

He's the kid Hatred pounces on in the flashback where they're testing his reactions to the super soldier serum.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I like to assume somehow Brock stepped in at the last second due to his almost scary Hero worship of the man as an adult. Because holy poo poo that scenario is grim otherwise.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What exactly does the super soldier serum do besides make pedophiles?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Probably the usual Captain America stuff with the strength, stamina and preventing age.

Hatred sadly got shafted as I don't think it did well in the benefits.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Probably the usual Captain America stuff with the strength, stamina and preventing age.

Hatred sadly got shafted as I don't think it did well in the benefits.

Don't forget the boobs.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

limp_cheese posted:

Don't forget the boobs.

The boobs were a side effect of the Nomolestol.

I still like to think that those were placebos all along and they just managed to convince him it was real.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Adrenochrome?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It was an experimental super soldier serum

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

QuarkJets posted:

It was an experimental super soldier serum

Who else got it? Were any successful? Thread never to be explored. Not a great one unless the project was eventually successful an the super soldiers go rogue I guess. Still probably some comedy in a throw away gag of people that didn't end up as lucky as Hatred sitting at a table at some hey let's all get together and remember the good times party.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

pixaal posted:

Who else got it? Were any successful? Thread never to be explored. Not a great one unless the project was eventually successful an the super soldiers go rogue I guess. Still probably some comedy in a throw away gag of people that didn't end up as lucky as Hatred sitting at a table at some hey let's all get together and remember the good times party.

I think it's just a genre thing. Action Man was on a similar super-soldier thing. Presumably they're just constantly trying to make one, until the end of time, that doesn't have some sort of side effect. Action Man's/Rodney's was a near-psychotic murderousness. Hatred's/Courtney's was paedophillia.

Presumably it'll all turn out that it's no better than 'normal' steroids and regular exercise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pixaal posted:

I think if they show us more of the S.H.E.D. we'll know more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZegalUw8SA

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Are these they?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was just watching Real Genius and at the line “Rue the day?” I said “WHO TAAAALKS LIKE THAT” along with it but in the 24 voice

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

“Are these they?” And “you silly-Billy” get a lot of play in my house.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
So I just started a newish job at work in the QA dept and part of it is writing how-to and training documentation.

How not to be waylaid by jackassery and following the ghost pirate rules are now official in the company.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The boobs were a side effect of the Nomolestol.

I still like to think that those were placebos all along and they just managed to convince him it was real.

IIRC it's said that the boobs are a result of the Nomolestol combined with the super-soldier serum having unexpected side-effects. Seems by recent seasons they worked that out one way or another.

Sgt Hatred has been compared to Nuke as a defective Captain America knockoff with unpleasant side-effects.

LashLightning posted:

I think it's just a genre thing. Action Man was on a similar super-soldier thing. Presumably they're just constantly trying to make one, until the end of time, that doesn't have some sort of side effect. Action Man's/Rodney's was a near-psychotic murderousness. Hatred's/Courtney's was paedophillia.

Presumably it'll all turn out that it's no better than 'normal' steroids and regular exercise.

Action Man used Go-Juice that has more temporary effects iirc, and admits he stopped using the stuff years ago.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Tristesse posted:

So I just started a newish job at work in the QA dept and part of it is writing how-to and training documentation.

How not to be waylaid by jackassery and following the ghost pirate rules are now official in the company.

Make sure to document the tell-tale signs of a blunderer as well.

Nov 6, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC it's said that the boobs are a result of the Nomolestol combined with the super-soldier serum having unexpected side-effects. Seems by recent seasons they worked that out one way or another.

Sgt Hatred has been compared to Nuke as a defective Captain America knockoff with unpleasant side-effects.

Action Man used Go-Juice that has more temporary effects iirc, and admits he stopped using the stuff years ago.

jump-juice
:eng101:

I imagine it's just an inside word for amphetamines.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

jump-juice
:eng101:

I imagine it's just an inside word for amphetamines.

Action man just sticking a straw into a baggie of white powder. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT-TIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

other end up his nose of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

pixaal posted:

Action man just sticking a straw into a baggie of white powder. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACT-TIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

other end up his nose of course.

More like down a bottle of Benzedrine Sulfate...