Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Limewire still a virus vector ITYOOL 2022

https://twitter.com/limewire/status/1545039014004019200?s=20&t=b-4seSFoZAtf7Dh01CaDeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

fullroundaction posted:

Everyone so poor now from number go down they gotta pretend to like their androids lmao

Under 20k since I woke up this morning!

This post shaming people who don't want to waste money on conspicuous consumption is very on topic, I like it.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

LifeSunDeath posted:

it breaks my heart so much that austin mutated into it's current form, nevertheless:

the correct reaction here is to just cover up the billboard in photocopies of the exact same image

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

:catstare:

Finally I too can get some bathing apes

putin is a oval office posted:

This post shaming people who don't want to waste money on conspicuous consumption is very on topic, I like it.

I don’t know what this means, but thanks!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Didn't see this posted, but at a game conference sponsored by crypto CHUDs, a dev swapped out his presentation for a "why NFTs are bad, actually" mid-stream to a round of applause from the audience. There's a video in the link of the moment he does it. (In Portugese, but the clapping is the universal language of "gently caress NFTs" so still lands.)

https://kotaku.com/nft-blockchain-crypto-scam-brazil-video-games-1849166901

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Twinkcoin: Ideal for this bear market.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
And for a delicious treat, you can grab a straw and suck the cream out of the moist brown loaf!

$TWINKcoin truly is the greatest of cakes.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It’s just like what happened to RadioShack. They buy these existing, dead brands for the exposure - more likely to get reshared or written about on a 'normie' news site that way, which means they might nab some unsuspecting rubes that recognize the names and are still (somehow) crypto-curious.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Number just went down from 20k to 19k instantly, what would cause that?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Betjeman posted:

it's all scam numbers and some idiot is changing them manually.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Betjeman posted:

Bitgremlins are winning against bitpixies. But if people believe harder, bitpixies may fight back and bring the price back up.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Unperson_47 posted:

It's always so loving weird when Bitcoin just sits at a nice round number like it is now. (19,500.00 exactly)

The invisible hand sure is visible. 👋

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
I've been trying to understand the behaviour of the market over the past few weeks in order to win an argument. I think I'll just bow out quietly, this is doing my head in.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
It's "people are trying to sell while they print more funbux to prop up the price", not too complicated.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
A while ago someone linked an article here about how theres a certain percentage of "investors" that consistently make the wrong choices each time, a bit like the opposite of a whale.

I can't find said link or article anymore and it's driving me nuts, does anyone happen to remember what article I'm talking about?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
BTC is bouncing off of $18k right now. :allears:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

loving LOL!!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

Dont remember that one.

Just quickly googled it, I think it was Amir Taaki. I can't find the article I was thinking of now, so perhaps they took it down. I remember it was written by their tech editor Charles Arthur, and after it went up I messaged him on Twitter with a screenshot of Taaki advertising his new business selling photos of <18yo girls on, I think it was bitcointalk. Never got a reply.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FlapYoJacks posted:

Quick, Quick buy buy buy so you can flip the butts when it goes back above 20k!

*editors note, the butts never went back above 20k.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
This feels like an lol and lmao.

Crypto Hedge Fund Founders Go Missing

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

should have been LimeWire_is_back_for_good.mp3.exe" but of course they missed the easy joke

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any way to track whether people are actually using the GameStop NFT marketplace?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
for those who occasionally post 'how do i short bitcoin?', this is why you shouldn't

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Any way to track whether people are actually using the GameStop NFT marketplace?

If coinbase, with their massive inbuilt crypto audience failed, I would presume lol, lmao

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Lmfao coinmarketcap added a «hourly change %» column to their front page. If that doesn’t tell you everything about the gambling vs investing nature of crypto idk what does.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

All they found was their car, with a wedding ring and wallet on the dashboard

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Elerion posted:

Lmfao coinmarketcap added a «hourly change %» column to their front page. If that doesn’t tell you everything about the gambling vs investing nature of crypto idk what does.

Pfft, https://bitcoinity.org/markets has always had that down to 10 minutes. Get with the times, coinmarketcap!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

From $20,034 to $19,054 in 10 minutes. and then eventually back to $19,576 within the next few hours. Totally normal and healthy market movements

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It's just an extremely illiquid market, someone's selling some bitcoin so down it goes

Speaking of, apparently 137,000 bitcoins might be hitting the market soon from the MTGOX fallout: https://cryptoslate.com/will-release-of-3b-bitcoin-from-mt-gox-cause-market-bottom-in-august/
Should be fun to watch the price when that happens.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Rinkles posted:

You can track volume here,, because GME idiots like to make their self owns public:

https://sevenfourone.live/

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Just lol'd remembering the guy who petitioned his city government to excavate a landfill to try and find a hard drive he threw out that had crypto on it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Scratch Monkey posted:

From $20,034 to $19,054 in 10 minutes. and then eventually back to $19,576 within the next few hours. Totally normal and healthy market movements

Hm. Is this not how store of value commodities are supposed to work?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Betjeman posted:

I've been trying to understand the behaviour of the market over the past few weeks in order to win an argument. I think I'll just bow out quietly, this is doing my head in.

The thing to remember is that there are clearly people trying to manipulate the number. And even THEY don't understand the market.

The most dangerous thing isn't not understanding the market, but thinking you DO understand the market when literally no one does.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hm. Is this not how store of value commodities are supposed to work?

It's a store of ~energy~ sweaty. look it up.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

toiletbrush posted:

ive rjun the numbers and its going to the moon

i konw it is alittle late, but where are the log axis. shame SHAME walking-naked-out-of-town-SHAME

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

that chart poo poo is the best. imagine being the brain dead idiot trying to learn something from it.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

HappyHippo posted:

It's just an extremely illiquid market, someone's selling some bitcoin so down it goes

Speaking of, apparently 137,000 bitcoins might be hitting the market soon from the MTGOX fallout: https://cryptoslate.com/will-release-of-3b-bitcoin-from-mt-gox-cause-market-bottom-in-august/
Should be fun to watch the price when that happens.

When your currency is as stable as the soda drink hat economy in Spongebob Squarepants.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Here's where your Voyager money is going to

https://twitter.com/JackNiewold/status/1542170744901230592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the hell is the story with the Brave browser's crypto thing?