Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

20) Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (100.0%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

forgot to post because metal gear
mg1-msx
mg2-msx
mgs-PC

i had only played twin snakes on gc. the ps1 version is so much better holy poo poo

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

32) Earth Defense Force 4.1

Finished the normal difficulty campaign in split-screen with an Air Raider and Wing Diver. Really wish they didn't have extra online only missions, but this is still a solid co-op shooter. Wing Divers viable weapons felt a bit sparse, compared to Air Raider who could easily change their loadout to accomodate different maps or enemy types.

Will probably go back to EDF 5 after this to finish my hard mode run

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haven

Lovely game. Wish there was more!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

metal gear solid. still a perfect game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21) Metal Gear Solid (Tarantula Rank)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

will be back for more

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker

I jumped on the bandwagon and don't regret a thing

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

10. Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
Like Quest for Glory with some much appreciated modern conveniences. Unfortunately most interactions with other characters are utterly unamusing. Played as a warrior but failed to become a paladin cus i stole some poo poo or sumthin

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Not a bad RPG! I played Shadowrun Returns ages back which never quite grabbed me, but SRHK was pretty fun to play. There's an extra/optional 'epilogue' campaign which I'll play later in the week (meant to be pretty short from what I gather) but other than that, I've done every mission available

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

1. arceus
2. elden ring
3. ratchet and clank: rift apart
4. cyberpunk 2077
5. triangle strategy
6. Judgement

excited to start Lost Judgement since I read that it's more of the same but with better combat and a bunch of QoL fixes

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Eiyuden chronicle: Rising

Very easy, short fun game. Mostly just played it because of its tie-in to Hundred Heroes.

Gonna play The Looker next cause of this thread.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

22) Metal Gear (MSX/PS3) Code Name Deer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kentucky Route Zero

Wow I did not care for this. I was gifted it years ago when all the episodes weren't out and kind of forgot about it till now. It was not worth the wait.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Kentucky Route Zero

Wow I did not care for this. I was gifted it years ago when all the episodes weren't out and kind of forgot about it till now. It was not worth the wait.

what didn't you like about it? there's a ton of references that were over my head but I enjoyed the story and considered it a pretty chill time.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

MrMidnight posted:

Eiyuden chronicle: Rising

Very easy, short fun game. Mostly just played it because of its tie-in to Hundred Heroes.

Gonna play The Looker next cause of this thread.

*implacable european accent* Eiyuden Wring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

when you nut but still they suckin

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

what didn't you like about it? there's a ton of references that were over my head but I enjoyed the story and considered it a pretty chill time.

Honestly I just found it really boring. I tried my best to go into it with an open mind and enjoy the atmosphere but I didn't connect with the characters or the abstract setting or pretty much anything about it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah! posted:

when you nut but still they suckin

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
22+ Avatar for the Xbox 360 (RDA Ending, Max Human Level)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mamkute posted:

22+ Avatar for the Xbox 360 (RDA Ending, Max Human Level)

Thank god. Can't let the Na'vi have all the fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (100%)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests
7. Death Stranding
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4p co-op (Michelangelo)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
11. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Decent game, I really liked the way it looked and the platforming was fun. Combat was kind of bad, and its a Metroidvania but 90% of the stuff you find while exploring is cosmetic changes to poo poo you never look at.

I'm not really a Star Wars guy (haven't seen the new movies), but I kind of get why people hate the Disney stuff now lol. There's a bit at the end after you fight the last boss where Darth Vader shows up and the music/framing is designed to make him super intimidating and scary and almost immediately after they drop some soy banter on you:

fadam fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 14, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
fire emblem: three hopes (scarlet blaze)

game owns. gonna do the other two routes as well so not done with it. almost definitely getting dlc at some point I'm sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (non-lethal, saved Meryl)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

51) A Hand With Many Fingers

Literally an hour long game but holy poo poo it's loving cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21.1) Metal Gear Solid (Doberman Rank)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank)

continued 106 times lol. will give revengeance mode a whirl tomorrow but likely won't complete it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i did mission 00 and 01 on revengeance mode yesterday and my final time for the first ranked fight of 00 was 30 minutes lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear Solid, saved Meryl. Code name "Elephant." Good poo poo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

21.2) Metal Gear Solid (BIG BOSS Rank)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

21.2) Metal Gear Solid (BIG BOSS Rank)

WOW! I sure hope you've got some photographic evidence of this :D (really though, nice one!)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

WOW! I sure hope you've got some photographic evidence of this :D (really though, nice one!)

Take a look at the Game Club, Major.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Tokyo Mirage Sessions: talking to people about it before playing had my expectations low, so it ended up being a pleasant surprise, a goofy persona-lite that was light on overarching story but tried some slight tweaks to smt gameplay (upgrading weapons rather than personas, automatic chains of follow up attacks rather than press turns or all out attacks)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

14: AI: The Somnium Files

This is a VN by the same team that did the Nonary Game. I really enjoyed it, it was a lot less high concept than the nonary games series: the story is a more straightforward detective plot which I think worked in its favour, as it didn't have to keep explaining crazy game rules or how everything fits into a giant meta-plot, and there were a lot of interesting mysteries and twists and turns that all ended up being resolved in a satisfying way. It was let a bit down by some of the game elements, the "escape room" equivalents to Nonary Game weren't nearly as good, but that was forgivable given how great the story turned out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Final Fight (SNES, Cody, 2 continues)

Game is hard as hell. The slowdown is bad. My hand hurts and I don't think I'll be going for the 1cc any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just two continues is still impressive that game is an absolute pain in the rear end. I think I used two on the last level alone lol