Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ps5 looks like something you’d get at an estate sale after an old woman died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blue Raider posted:

Hype to play Horizon Forbidden West on my gilded age Tiffany Company Vibrating Unit, for a Womene's Maladies.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I hadn't heard of this one before, seems interesting and has a 120 fps mode. It comes out next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc07RTFhguM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

I hadn't heard of this one before, seems interesting and has a 120 fps mode. It comes out next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc07RTFhguM

the first one was absolute poo poo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Maybe that's why they made a second one!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yea one game being a turd never stopped video game companies from making a sequel

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah we’re on the tenth assassins creed game after all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

It looks like a building that could hold the estate sale cause its yuge

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
penis 5 more like it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That Vermintide Darktide or whatever looks sick. It really looks great for a WH40k game which are usually pretty b-class games not AAA stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah its cool

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Definitely a day one try for me. Also looking for more updates on Space Marine 2. Thanks to a random used book store near an aquarium I took my kids to I'm suddenly elbow deep in a bunch of WH40k books, all of which own

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

do any of y'all use an intercooler/extra fan on a series x? is it worth it?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

My series X barely feels warm to the touch. I keep it vertical and there's room on all sides.

You should not hide your series X in some cabinet, it should be free.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Those arent worth it as a general rule.
consoles are made to not cook themselves and run fine simply with unobstructed vents

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Next Encounter is a good console Serious Sam.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The series x draws in air from the bottom and flows out the top like a chimney, it’s pretty cool.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My series x is horizontal in my tv hutch. It stays cool and quiet as long as I remember to open the door to the cabinet. If I forget, it reminds me by turning the fans up and sounding like a playstation during a moderately complex graphics sequence.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I keep my series s in a big bed with my wife

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Disposable Scud posted:

Next Encounter is a good console Serious Sam.

It's this the Serious Sam 4 game, or another new one? I gave up during SS3 because I couldn't beat the final boss. I heard that SS4 is more fun though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dark tide looks cool so does spacemarine 2. I liked the first spacemarine a lot

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

It's this the Serious Sam 4 game, or another new one? I gave up during SS3 because I couldn't beat the final boss. I heard that SS4 is more fun though.

NE was on the PS2 and Gamecube. SS4's expansion pack is dope.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Warhammer 40K: Vermintide 3: Darktide: Tides of Darkness

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

Dark tide looks cool so does spacemarine 2. I liked the first spacemarine a lot

Yah that was another wh40k game that also rose way above the usual dire fare from that license. The dawn of war games from relic were quite good too. My friends like Space Hulk but I didn’t care for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dark Tide will hopefully be good. I have faith in it since its made by the Vermintide 2 devs.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My series x is horizontal in my tv hutch. It stays cool and quiet as long as I remember to open the door to the cabinet. If I forget, it reminds me by turning the fans up and sounding like a playstation during a moderately complex graphics sequence.

this is what I do (i never shut the cabinet on the system when it's in use), but I'm actually hearing my fans for the first time and I got spooked

John F Bennett posted:

You should not hide your series X in some cabinet, it should be free.

would that I had the room

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the ventilation requirements in the Series X manual are actually shockingly small. it is a very thermally efficient machine. MS says 4-6 inches on all sides which is nothing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does the guy that shoved cocktail weenies into the SX’s vent holes still have a working console or did the rotting meat grease win in the end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

Does the guy that shoved cocktail weenies into the SX’s vent holes still have a working console or did the rotting meat grease win in the end

Phil killed him

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Never use any of those products on any console. The systems are very carefully designed and heavily tested in both hardware and software to ensure that operating temperatures remain in spec in any reasonable environment. Best case they will do absolutely nothing but in the vast majority of cases they restrict airflow and can put extra burden on the fans working against already turbulent air. For the Series X, a few inches of space around the back and top is all that is needed (as well as enough airflow to ensure that space can cool as well).

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've never had my Xbox series x make any noticable noise at all. My PS4 pro is like a plane taking off with some games.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Those arent worth it as a general rule.
consoles are made to not cook themselves and run fine simply with unobstructed vents

Except the Playstation

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Never use any of those products on any console. The systems are very carefully designed and heavily tested in both hardware and software to ensure that operating temperatures remain in spec in any reasonable environment. Best case they will do absolutely nothing but in the vast majority of cases they restrict airflow and can put extra burden on the fans working against already turbulent air. For the Series X, a few inches of space around the back and top is all that is needed (as well as enough airflow to ensure that space can cool as well).

drat, thanks!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Some Halo poo poo if anyone cares

https://mobile.twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1547295567675412481

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What’s the WH40k game coming out that looks like a Doom wad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bolt Thrower or something

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bolt Thrower or something

They better have licensed the band’s music :rock:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Beastie posted:

What’s the WH40k game coming out that looks like a Doom wad?

Boltgun. I'd be more excited about it if I didn't already have Prodeus, which is king of that particular hill in my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Given how unfinished the game still is, I'm guessing holiday '23 before any new campaign content? (I'm that weird guy who finished the H:I campaign and has yet to play multi)