Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

Converting billets only takes 2 dream solvents, which is basically nothing for billet farmers. Looks like Dvalin/Andrius/Childe aren't off the hook just yet :smith:
Are you spending 180 resin a week on a 30% shot at a billet + 3 glad/wanderer artis?

EDIT: Diluc's base stats are 335 atk, 12k hp, 750 def. Tighnari's base stats are 7k hp, 174 atk, 400 def. Wtf....

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

Are you spending 180 resin a week on a 30% shot at a billet + 3 glad/wanderer artis?

I haven't missed a weekly boss since the start. What else is there to spend resin on?

No Wave posted:

EDIT: Diluc's base stats are 335 atk, 12k hp, 750 def. Tighnari's base stats are 7k hp, 174 atk, 400 def. Wtf....

Oh wow, I only looked at Dori's stats. Collei's are 6851 HP and 140 ATK. Those have gotta be borked. Maybe they're overcorrecting for however strong they think Dendro and this new EM-focused design will be.

And speaking of EM, while I do like that they're trying to utilize it more, I really hope they do something about calculating whose EM to use. It's gonna be real awkward if you build a ton of EM on your Dendro users and their reactions always get stolen.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 13, 2022

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Started grinding for The Catch and man gently caress off with the setup for the 1 purple fish you can only catch at night. Thank you for the Cryo/Electro purple nightmare ambush as well. Why not set up some sort of bio-feedback peripheral that also kicks me in the dick too?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah there has to be something going on there, base stats are relatively normalized. i could see them nerfing dendro characters base stats to compensate for the EM stuff but not to that extent

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

Yeah. Not resin efficient and not recommended for newbies, but I legitimately have nothing else to do. I thought, yeah, might as well stock up on stuff that might be hypothetically useful, at some point in the future. Also fighting the bosses is pretty fun (not Dvalin but at least it's quick).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd rather not spend all my resin than do all the bosses every week tbh

(i do not spend all my resin)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I haven't missed a weekly boss since the start. What else is there to spend resin on?
Level 9 talents and final ascensions. ha.

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh wow, I only looked at Dori's stats. Collei's are 6851 HP and 140 ATK. Those have gotta be borked. Maybe they're overcorrecting for however strong they think Dendro and this new EM-focused design will be.
I'm leaning towards borked. Why would they give tighnari 75% the hp of ganyu, the most fragile 5*? The ascension stats are missing on a lot of the honey pages too so it's very possible the pull is just off.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 13, 2022

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

e: Someone claims to have Nahida's JP voice now and uploaded it to the leaks wiki and if true it is Yukari Tamura which would final confirm Nahida/Kusanali as an expy of Theresa Apocalypse albeit much more chibi. Still somehow skeptical though, but we should find out soon enough. It probably is though since so much lines up already, but I always keep that lingering doubt in my mind when something seems almost too obvious.

I'd say this is disappointing if true, but then the thing it spoils in Honkai was pretty predictable anyways.

I just cannot get over Theresa's "looks and frequently acts 10 but is really in at least her 40s" thing, so I'm not looking forward to a Herrscher Theresa arc. But I suppose it's been foreshadowed enough it was definitely going to happen eventually.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Everett False posted:

I'm getting a little FOMO but resisting the temptation to pull just for the sake of it (I blew a ton of wishes to get Itto because I wanted a himbo). Kazuha is cool but I don't think it makes sense for me to get another wimdy character when, as far as I can tell, I lucked out and got the only one that enables my playstyle. That being "sometimes I literally cannot switch characters and enemies don't register health loss due to lag, so I just need to frantically hit things with a stick and not die until the server catches up"

I did pull a couple just for the sake of it and got the new punchy guy almost immediately so that was nice.

When you get lagfucked you're better off running circles around the dudes until the damage gets approved or whatever the gently caress the server does. Bit less likely to die that way.

The Finn posted:

Started grinding for The Catch and man gently caress off with the setup for the 1 purple fish you can only catch at night. Thank you for the Cryo/Electro purple nightmare ambush as well. Why not set up some sort of bio-feedback peripheral that also kicks me in the dick too?

Yanfei or amber for the slimes, you won't aggro the mage unless you've approached the safe platform from the wrong side. Honestly, the electro angelfish are the best part of that, because they're always there, unlike those goddamn pufferfish.

Fish RNG is bullshit.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sumeru looks absolutely massive and gorgeous

Overlay of Sumeru map with current map (and that's just the rainforest section. Supposedly desert section is bigger).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/vy9dm3/entire_playable_region_in_30_overlayed_on_current/

Scenery pics

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/vy22b1/sumeru_sceneries_via_sagiri/

Good luck fitting this on a phone anymore.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Zenostein posted:

When you get lagfucked you're better off running circles around the dudes until the damage gets approved or whatever the gently caress the server does. Bit less likely to die that way.

In my case with Jean, lag does not prevent her from either losing or gaining health (rude), so Wind Companion means flailing wildly at all times results in my party always having max health. Early on in my game I didn't actually realize what was happening (flailing wildly at all times is just how I play video games) so I was very confused when I would swap to someone else and die very quickly. It turns out there's supposed to be consequences to being full of arrows and on fire constantly! Who knew. Not Jean.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Taser team is Beidou and people who enable Beidou. She's broken as a 1.0 4 star which is why the team exits.

Is Ganyu going to be n 3.0? All the leaks I see put her in later.

I mean, I DO have her supports built. C6 fish with an Amos bow, C6 Sucrose with full em build, c2 XQ with an R5 sac sword, everyone 80/80 with pretty good +20 artifacts. Hell, I even got her an R3 Akuomaru at lv 90. She works well when they have events with endless mob spawn (and spiral abyss), but if you've already cleared out the overworld then she can struggle to burst because there just isn't enough energy from the smaller mob groups.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

theblackw0lf posted:

Sumeru looks absolutely massive and gorgeous

Overlay of Sumeru map with current map (and that's just the rainforest section. Supposedly desert section is bigger).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/vy9dm3/entire_playable_region_in_30_overlayed_on_current/

Scenery pics

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/vy22b1/sumeru_sceneries_via_sagiri/

Good luck fitting this on a phone anymore.

That looks neat and all, but I also imagine it's got the same issue as a few other places where they cluster all the teleports in one spot and then there's huge deadzones. Especially since it seems like there's layers to that map, with the rivers and waveriders.

Also I love the huge ruin whatever guy in one of those screenshots.

Everett False posted:

In my case with Jean, lag does not prevent her from either losing or gaining health (rude), so Wind Companion means flailing wildly at all times results in my party always having max health. Early on in my game I didn't actually realize what was happening (flailing wildly at all times is just how I play video games) so I was very confused when I would swap to someone else and die very quickly. It turns out there's supposed to be consequences to being full of arrows and on fire constantly! Who knew. Not Jean.

Oh, yeah Jean's a special case lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So here's a hosed up little thing I learned: Trounce domain reward flowers have a time limit. I got the download updated, beat the wolf and was about to collect it when I remembered I should do my wishes and add Kazuha and Heizou to my party so they can get the relationship points too. And then the thing despawned on me.

Endorph posted:

she looks totally fine lol, she has a high burst cost but she has an a4 passive that gives her energy, and shes electro to begin with. her healing is kinda low but shes an electro applying battery with some healing on the side.

She's an electro healer that doesn't damage herself in the process so that's good enough for me!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

So here's a hosed up little thing I learned: Trounce domain reward flowers have a time limit. I got the download updated, beat the wolf and was about to collect it when I remembered I should do my wishes and add Kazuha and Heizou to my party so they can get the relationship points too. And then the thing despawned on me.
This despawn was funnier back when you could only fight the wolf once per week per account.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I wonder if they're going to eventually make the wolf into a domain (just make the sword a domain portal) or if they're going to keep the awkward "trounce domain or wolf lord" wording on the Battle Pass forever.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

Looking at the leaks thats his lvl 60 stats, at 90 he has 10.5K hp and 260 atk, still surprisingly low but nowhere near that.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Incoherence posted:

I wonder if they're going to eventually make the wolf into a domain (just make the sword a domain portal) or if they're going to keep the awkward "trounce domain or wolf lord" wording on the Battle Pass forever.
I'd settle for the awkward wording if I could just teleport directly to it, at least

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

theblackw0lf posted:

Sumeru looks absolutely massive
Sweet, basically Liyue sized. And there's more coming right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish hitting a frost slime with frost magic would still hurt them. Hitting a frost plant with frost magic still hurts them. It just really sucks when you can’t use your main DPS because you picked the wrong element or whatever.

I guess that’s why physical DPS is good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mix. posted:

this is insanely good for hydro lol, literally all but two hydro characters have some kind of HP scaling in their kits (and tbh Childe and Mona are kind of outliers already)

Yelan's gonna be even stupider now :yum:

I mean, it's kind of a trade-off in that case since Yelan gains HP from having all party members of different elements. So you wouldn't actually gain 25%; you'd gain 13% (since there's a 13% difference between 25% and the extra 12% she gets from 4 different elements vs 3).

Still nice to make hydro resonance not completely useless, though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

jokes posted:

I wish hitting a frost slime with frost magic would still hurt them. Hitting a frost plant with frost magic still hurts them. It just really sucks when you can’t use your main DPS because you picked the wrong element or whatever.

I guess that’s why physical DPS is good

Elemental shields are pure pain if you just don't have their counter. And with dendro you are now even less likely to have their counter!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Fatui Dendro shields that won't be countered by Pyro for some reason.

Also that map looks huge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lurksion posted:

Sweet, basically Liyue sized. And there's more coming right?
Yeah, this is only half of it. The rainforest is the first half, the desert is the second half

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Will they ever make another enemy that feels as good to slap around as axe mitachurls? Man they are the best.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve grown to love the vishaps. They do their jumping attack, and then you can smack the hell out of them.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Space Opera posted:

I really want to like Beidou, I've gotten her pretty much everything she wants for a tazer comp, but her burst is still too expensive for me to use reliably in the overworld, and without it up my tazer team dmg output is so much lower than my other teams. Maybe another 6 months of running SF will get me the stats I need to make it work.

this is honestly my issue with reaction-based teams really. team composition is the real end game content etc etc, but why would i expend all of that effort and leveling resin when i had the luxury of dolphining to run mono-geo (or mono-hydro after yelan?) i still smoke everything and running those teams are actually fun for me.

there’s nothing wrong with braindead dps imo, especially for a game as easy as genshin :shrug:

Endorph posted:

she looks totally fine lol, she has a high burst cost but she has an a4 passive that gives her energy, and shes electro to begin with. her healing is kinda low but shes an electro applying battery with some healing on the side.

i just have a personal problem with pure supports is all. you can deal great damage and be a support at the same time (kazuha, raiden, the national kids). i just like dps apparently!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

RareAcumen posted:

I learned this when I figured I had 28 resin and mistakenly assumed that by the time I finished fighting I would have 30. When I was wrong I figured I'd just stand around and wait until I had enough.

When I had 30 resin and closed my map the blossom was gone. :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

getting heizou to 20 just got me mona, the last standard banner 5* I was missing :toot: super happy with that. now all missed 50/50s are the same as far as I'm concerned

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I know the new freebie sword is bad and is especially an ill fit for Kazuha...

But the fashion is too good damnit!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its a real shame they haven't put in glamours yet in the game

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yep that sure is an ugly sword.

I was wondering why trial Kazuha was using a fillet blade of all things. No particular reason, but :lol: when it comes up in the story quest.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Thinking about this more, I am leaning towards building:
1) Rosaria/Kaeya/Mona/Kazuha
2) Yanfei/Fischl/Barbara/Heizou

Thoughts on this? I still feel pretty lost in terms of what works well and what is possible, and I'd rather not invest a ton of resources into building up teams that turn out to not work well or not be enjoyable.

One last cry for help on this. I’m about to start dumping all of my resources into the builds above; am I making any obvious mistakes in this setup? Would team 2 be stronger with Xiangling instead of Yanfei, despite the contention with Rosaria over who gets the one and only The Catch? Any other advice?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Setec_Astronomy posted:

One last cry for help on this. I’m about to start dumping all of my resources into the builds above; am I making any obvious mistakes in this setup? Would team 2 be stronger with Xiangling instead of Yanfei, despite the contention with Rosaria over who gets the one and only The Catch? Any other advice?

I think it's hard to go wrong when it comes to investing resources, at least when it comes to just getting people up to level 80 and talents to 6 or so. Most characters can be used in a variety of teams.

Like for the teams you listed, most of the characters there (except for maybe Yanfei) can be used in a large variety of teams, so you shouldn't regret building them up. Kazuha and Fischl in particular have a huge variety of uses.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone hesitating on getting Heizou, I would recommend aiming to get him for the simple fact that gathering dandelion seeds is so easy with him around.

Also it's been an extremely long time since I had two anemo characters on a team and between that and Heizou holding my Lost Prayers catalyst, we are just zooming around.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Setec_Astronomy posted:

My advice is not to stress over it too much, because you just don't have the characters yet to make a be all end all top meta team. I can give you advice based on what characters are worth investing resources into, because some characters have been shown to be very useful throughout the games history.

From what you listed...

Top tier: Fischl , Kazuha, Mona

Good: Rosaria

Not top tier, but lots of people love her for some reason: Yanfei

Almost always replaced when there is a better option : Barbara, Kaeya

we don't know yet, but looks very promising: Heizou

Try building out the characters above and see what pops out at you.

If you want to build towards a "meta" team, here's a list from before Yelan's banner:

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 14, 2022

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

who puts in an Aloy team but no Klee mono pyro

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

They were soooo close to getting it with the Aloy team, but I'm just happy they bothered to include her

Speaking of which, I managed to power through that severely anti-Cryo chamber from the last version's Abyss with my bootleg Morgana freeze team. Now I'm 6 for 6 on using Aloy since her release to get 36*s

v2.6:
v2.5:
v2.4:
v2.3:
v2.2:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 14, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yanfei is a better pyro shielder than xinyan and thoma at c4, she has that going for her.

this site lets you just plug in a character and find a lot of comps listed for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also,

mats for the 3.0 characters. You can farm Raiden, Azdaha, Arrows, Electro Gems, and the Fungal Spores in the Chasm right now.