Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That's basically what old hippies told us in the 90s.

Presumably they'll have some kind of hyperweed that goes beyond the 99% THC nightmare fuel you can get now in the next few decades.

this already kinda exists, and has for a while. high potency synthetic cannabinoids (stuff like JWH-018, etc.) are absolutely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Humphreys posted:

Theres a funner word to trigger americans in my gangtags.

how dare you call me a *checks sig* sanctomonious foreign pig balls website who tazes my own balls

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Das Butterbrot posted:

this already kinda exists, and has for a while. high potency synthetic cannabinoids (stuff like JWH-018, etc.) are absolutely terrible.

oh god i once smoked too much JWH-18, and started having a massive panic attack. i tried typing "weed panic attack symptoms" into google, it took me like three minutes to peck out each letter, and when i looked at the screen before i hit enter what i actually typed into google was like "wer2h aaopfg nbada ghbad" and so i had a choice - i could call 911, or i could simply lay down and die. i decided i was not a narc so i laid down in my bed, prepared to meet my death due to overdose. after a couple hours i was fine but it was god loving awful up until then, grappling with death

weed in general isn't a problem, but it is a problem that people can get too hosed up on too much weed over time or an acute dose of extremely too much weed because of all the super high tolerance folks walking around creating a market for heavy hitting +100mg edibles and the like

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SA9qv1pkv8

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The thing I laugh about (not really, kinda get mad about) is these idiots posting about superweed and scream puking etc like it's this giant gotcha for legalization. Oh no, now that the thing is legal we've got more people using it and having adverse effects.

No, duh. How many people go to the hospital every year with alcohol poisoning or the effects of chronic alcohol abuse?

Doesn't mean booze should be illegal, because the alternative of both encouraging an illicit market for it and loving up the lives of users when they get embroiled in our criminal justice system is worse on every level.

At the end of the day we're better off in a world where a 19 year old getting busted with an 8th isn't a life altering, potentially life-ruining event even if it means that a greater number of people will suffer the ill effects of the drug due to a higher percentage of the population in general partaking.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The Anime Liker posted:

The poorly drawn ape based economy? Tanking???

I hope every single one of those literal loving nazis that created the the ape jpg club goes bankrupt

Cyrano4747 posted:

The thing I laugh about (not really, kinda get mad about) is these idiots posting about superweed and scream puking etc like it's this giant gotcha for legalization. Oh no, now that the thing is legal we've got more people using it and having adverse effects.

She explains very well (in the article, anyway, which I'm assuming is basically a transcript of the video) that cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome is rare, occurs in daily long-term users, and is extremely easily treatable. Quit using THC for a couple of days/a week, and slash or take a hot shower.

Literally two people in history have died (of this), and one of them was a heavy long-term user that ignored his symptoms for TEN YEARS until he vomited himself into dehydration. More people were probably killed by "gender" reveals today.

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Jul 13, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I just smoked some weed and I'm throwing up like in the Exorcist. Great weed btw.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Everytime I've smoked weed it's been a social setting and everytime I've just gotten bored.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I injected 10 marijuanas into my sphincter and now I see the true face of the sun as it screams hatred down at us, and I am engorged

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Weed bong.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

oh god i once smoked too much JWH-18, and started having a massive panic attack. i tried typing "weed panic attack symptoms" into google, it took me like three minutes to peck out each letter, and when i looked at the screen before i hit enter what i actually typed into google was like "wer2h aaopfg nbada ghbad" and so i had a choice - i could call 911, or i could simply lay down and die. i decided i was not a narc so i laid down in my bed, prepared to meet my death due to overdose. after a couple hours i was fine but it was god loving awful up until then, grappling with death

weed in general isn't a problem, but it is a problem that people can get too hosed up on too much weed over time or an acute dose of extremely too much weed because of all the super high tolerance folks walking around creating a market for heavy hitting +100mg edibles and the like

I don't really think it's narcing to call an ambulance lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Milo and POTUS posted:

could be financial ruin though

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

in my defense, i was so high i thought i was going to die so i was not entirely making rational decisions

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I do think that there are some problems with the potency of weed, in that it's kind of a lot for someone who is trying it for the first time. Media shows people taking huuuge rips and people probably emulate that and have a bad time.

I stopped smoking it completely years ago because I would only ever do it when hanging out with a friend, so every couple of weeks it'd be a night of taking a hit of pretty potent stuff, it being too much, waiting a bit for it to wear off, then taking another hit and it being too much again, repeat. I personally probably would've had a better time with the stuff if smoking it was a bit less potent and less peaks and valleys-ish.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Anytime someone mentions weed potency I just hear Alex Trebek saying Potent Potables.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lobok posted:

Anytime someone mentions weed potency I just hear Alex Trebek saying Potent Potables.

More like potent pot edibles

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Is there a market for time limited edibles? Because I can't be the only person who wants to be able to sober up and get on with my life after a couple hours.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Is there a market for time limited edibles? Because I can't be the only person who wants to be able to sober up and get on with my life after a couple hours.

If you want to brain-destroying high and see the face of Satan and then be sober 30 minutes later we already have damiana, salvia, and all the other bullshit gas station crap marketed as like Wizard Cloud or whatever the gently caress.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Anime Liker posted:

I was wondering what happened to that nerd that gave me $200 for a gram of superoregano

One day I shall ride a Ducati 1199 Superoregano

Everyone will say "there goes an enormous herb"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

no but due to a glut of CBD (because it doesn't work) weed companies are starting to synthesize different kinds of fake weed like delta-8 (which absolutely DOES work) and that poo poo is absolutely everywhere right now

the big danger is buying from some cut rate manufacturer with bad quality control but if you're ok with exploring we're in a golden age of retail weed edibles. if you live in a weed legal location then do a little research to see which house brands are reputable, if you live in a weed illegal state you can still probably find someone selling the "definitely illegal but nobody's enforcing the law" level gummies. i live in a state where weed is entirely illegal to own and there's still an actual storefront near me with a sign and polo wearing employees and everything who sell stuff which they argue is legal (it is not) but they're still entirely in business in a strip mall so whatever i guess

the federal agencies who regulate these things are entirely aware of the new wave of illegal weed being sold retail but don't care as much because they don't want to spend time writing rules to prevent this when the states are all in a flux right now with weed law, and all of their attention is focused on fentanyl and other highly deadly drugs and not just synthetic weed which has a danger factor of "we don't know what it will do? you're probably fine but we can't scientifically be sure about that. just please don't get so blasted you freak out and go to the hospital"

most of these outfits sell gummies in small doses, aimed at the casual user who just wants to get a nice buzz on and not Talk To God

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Literally just smoke or vape your weed. It's perfectly legal and a real thrill.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Current weed science does not support such a thing. We'd have to first find come up with a time release chemical that makes you sober from weed. Then you'd have to put it in the edible.

So far we've only invented narcan for opiods and I've heard of research chemicals that can reverse the effects of benzos, but that might have been a dream I had once.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

captainOrbital posted:

Literally two people in history have died (of this), and one of them was a heavy long-term user that ignored his symptoms for TEN YEARS until he vomited himself into dehydration. More people were probably killed by "gender" reveals today.

Looks like 4 people died in the US as a result of gender reveals in 2021, which is a neat point of comparison. It’s hard to find the least common causes of death, but yes those parties are more deadly than the worst case of the scromits

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you get the scromits, just got to the hospital and they'll hook you up with anti throw up drugs and an IV of saline so you don't die of dehydration.

Seriously, just show up and talk to the doctor (if you can) explaining you took too much weed or THC-8 and it's not like they're going to throw you in jail.

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Jul 14, 2022

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Phy posted:

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

bike tory posted:

Literally just smoke or vape your weed. It's perfectly legal and a real thrill.

This is the answer. edibles are good but last forever. smoking is much faster and more controllable. mainlining is even better but weed doesn't work that way.

but could it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edibles are fun if you're not leaving the house the rest of the night

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A podcast I listen too now has ads for "Microdosing". I dunno if they are edibles, or whatever.

But the ad copy is pretty much "Look, you are a grown up and don't want to get blitzed anymore, but you still want to enjoy the slight relaxation and calming effects of weed. Why not try microdosing?"

Which I think is a good thing. (I personally don't do it coz I live somewhere where marijuana is still VERY illegal, alas.)

Image tax of a Japanese professional wrestler making himself a cup of tea.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/werf7676/status/1547091229803962369

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phy posted:

I feel I should take advantage of the opportunity to call someone a “desmo” before it becomes recognized as a slur

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

lol how is smoking too much superweed real, like just smoke less of it you dusty old babies

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Nov 22, 2022

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I wish weed was legal here. Half the time it freaks me out and half the time it's great. I think that's probably sativa vs indica, and while it's illegal there's pretty much no chance of finding out which it is that I'd be getting

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Oh my heavens, that devil weed these days will make you make bad decisions like thinking it’ll be fun to make your friends watch meatballs or maybe you’ll be too sad for a few hours

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In some shithole Georgia county the sheriff just decided that fake weed was illegal so even the state says it's legal this one cop is raiding stores and arresting people and literally no one is doing anything about the fact that the sheriff is just making up laws and robbing and assaulting people.

States with different laws and no oversight for the police was such a great idea.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We need sommeliers, but for weed.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We need sommeliers, but for weed.
that’s just a bud tender

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My favorite weed store has started stapling little fliers to your bag about how dangerous the various concentrates are if you’re new to them, with recommended serving sizes and guidelines about staying hydrated and stuff. I asked a budtender if it was some new state requirement and he said no, they took it on themselves because people, especially out of staters, were doing dabs and getting way too hosed up. A bunch of low potency stuff is coming back on the menus around me and it’s actually pretty great because on most nights I’d rather not be up for hours worrying about the size of my kids college fund because I accidentally turned the power up on my dab pen too high

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I just need that replicator they have on the Enterprise. “Computer: chronic, loud, fr.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I asked a budtender

Welp, weed is officially lame now.