Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

That’s Ruff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

800k per year plus the 8th year at 10.5.

That math checks out. Guess he really loving hated Calgary.

Going to super lol if it isn't even all bonus money either.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Philadelphia Flyers are so stupid. So stupid.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Fantastic content I have to say

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lol

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1547364353522814976?cxt=HHwWgMCi3czrq_kqAAAA

Well, there's the Burns replacement.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Has Columbus ever landed a big UFA before? This is bonkers.

The first two that come to mind, and this is with an extremely loose definition of big UFA, are Adam Foote and Nathan Horton.

So not really, no.

There have been some notable names who have been acquired and wanted to stay and didn't, for various reasons. Ray Whitney (Doug MacLean incompetence) and Marian Gaborik (ill-advised trade) stick out.

E- Fun fact- Foote was signed because there was a trade on the table for Chris Pronger and MacLean backed out. The player Dougie didn't want to move? Alexandre Picard.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 14, 2022

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Devils and Isles are sad poverty franchises nobody likes and the Flyers are one of the most incompetently run teams in the league. Even if that Johnny Hockey contract turns sour (not that I think it will) and even tho it still makes the Metro tougher, I’m so happy right now lol

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

I don't understand anything any more

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They did get Dougie Hamilton to sign here last year. Sometimes guys don't do what you think they are going to do!!

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Lmao the Flames

I wonder how tired Johnny was of Sutter's horseshit

Lmbao

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

hey guys what happ--

lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe he just wants to give a team their first cup. That's the only reason i can think of for choosing Columbus over anything.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
maybe Gaudreau just hates the northeast. and Alberta. and the West Coast. maybe he just loves bein’ a good ol’ salt of the earth person here in the Great Midwest

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils probably should've traded for Debrincat.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bard Maddox posted:

maybe Gaudreau just hates the northeast. and Alberta. and the West Coast. maybe he just loves bein’ a good ol’ salt of the earth person here in the Great Midwest

Johnny knew he couldn’t save big money at Menards in Calgary, so Ohio it was.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

This is the Laine effect ppl

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just realized the Devils employ one Lindy Ruff. Maybe that affected the decision

Matt Zerella posted:

That’s Ruff
Yeah this

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Avoiding Ruff, Lou, Torts, and getting away from Sutter might be the most plausible explanation yet.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

shyduck posted:

Just realized the Devils employ one Lindy Ruff. Maybe that affected the decision

One of the worst cases of coach carousel because his tenure with NYR right before he got hired was pretty disastrous. I mean almost anyone would be a better choice.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Avoiding Ruff, Lou, Torts, and getting away from Sutter might be the most plausible explanation yet.

Also the fact that the Isles have an untested/unknown quantity in their head coaching chair this coming season

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have solved at least part of this mystery.

I have pinpointed the exact moment he decided he was leaving Calgary.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

Yeah this

The players seem to like Ruff.... A lot more than I, as a fan, do.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Devils probably should've traded for Debrincat.

Easy to say now. I don't think Fitzgerald anticipated this outcome, the Devils could have outbid anybody got Gaudreau.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fawning deference posted:

Easy to say now. I don't think Fitzgerald anticipated this outcome, the Devils could have outbid anybody got Gaudreau.

Well he better do something because I don't think he survives another 65ish point season, and he shouldn't.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Bedard is back on boys

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Well he better do something because I don't think he survives another 65ish point season, and he shouldn't.

I highly doubt he says well okay I guess I'll do absolutely nothing. We'll see what happens.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1547358209656209408?t=725ayLGFOf4z1jIqZQJw2g&s=19

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1547357437124132864?t=IVSOUsn6T4YHrqLyYv1xuA&s=19

:psyboom:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Congrats on winning the hockey lottery.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Except anyone who's ever been through Calgary

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Powershift posted:

Maybe he just wants to give a team their first cup. That's the only reason i can think of for choosing Columbus over anything.

It’s a pretty good place to live if you have/want to start a young family. And the city has a leading pediatric hospital with significant connection to the team so his wife can still do what she loves.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/HockeyAgent1/status/1547377112000221184

lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

fawning deference posted:

I highly doubt he says well okay I guess I'll do absolutely nothing. We'll see what happens.

You're getting some Stromes!

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
#WeAreGoldStar!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

Maybe he wanted the cannon in his corner for a change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2NJkyTTAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYRuBLP-3w

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a pretty good place to live if you have/want to start a young family. And the city has a leading pediatric hospital with significant connection to the team so his wife can still do what she loves.

Agreed. It's a nice area, relatively affordable (Intel may change that), and easy to get around/to/through. Players have raved about the area and many of them already have (Rick Nash, Derek Dorsett, Jared Boll, Fredrik Modin, Brandon Dubinsky, Jody Shelley, JLGP, Mark Letestu) or have said they will (Nick Foligno, Cam Atkinson) plant(ed) roots there when their playing days are over. It's just never had enough flash for the big names to stay. (Until now. :aaa:)

And yeah, Foligno gave Children's $500k after they saved his daughter with the heart condition.

e- Jake Voracek laughing at him in the second clip. Now they're teammates. :allears:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 14, 2022

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Why does that sound like a hockey name from 25 years ago

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
columbus signing the worst player and the best player is pretty cool. hope we keep laine somehow

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://twitter.com/canes/status/1547375694564433920?s=21&t=mjD3I4JunIAkWQt5W6r0kQ

I enjoy the Hurricanes social media team.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I am laughing

I am crying

I am laughing and crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MJeff posted:

Maybe that guy who had a meltdown when the Golden Knights lost in the finals was right to be worried.

It's taken years but I'm glad the posters here can finally admit the truth :unsmith: