Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Bambi is gonna steal that car :ohdear:

but for real, i say keep the hotel room - needing peace from people is totally valid, and once you throw a couple of kids into the mix then yeah even more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

so I'm going on this little trip with family this weekend. My dad and I are driving down from Denver and my sister and her two kids are driving up from Nevada and we're going to meet in Mesa Verde. It's only Saturday, Sunday and Monday. My dad seems to think that all five of us can stay in one hotel room if we get a rollaway bed. I'm debating if it's worth shelling out $200 (which I don't exactly have to spare) to get a hotel room for myself. I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep in a room with four other people (I would probably be the one on the rollaway bed, too). Mostly it's that I get exhausted and jumpy when I'm around people for a long time, and I need some place alone and quiet....but are these needs of mine worth $200? Could I just put headphones on and deal with it?

Like it's only for two nights but I just can't decide if it's worth it...i can put it on a credit card but it's still a lot. I made a reservation already but it's cancellable up until Saturday. I'm also worried that my family will think it's weird if I get my own room. But it would also kinda be really nice....I havent stayed in a hotel for like six or seven years and even a lovely roadside motel room to myself feels sorta luxurious.

How is a lovely roadside motel $200?

I guess it's been a while since I've stayed in a hotel... I think the last one was a 5 star hotel in downtown Seattle that only cost $50 a night (hell yeah to last minute priceline deals).

Anyways, I would lose my loving mind sharing a single room with my family for multiple days. I absolutely require time to myself after even a few hours of socializing. Don't feel too guilty about the money, better to spend the $200 and actually enjoy the trip.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

How is a lovely roadside motel $200?

It's the "econo lodge" and it's $200 for two nights. It's very near a national park so that's probably why

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

for real, even when i'm with my best friends in the world i'm still like yeah i need me time

i seem to be in charge of arranging the next holiday and i'm totally bumping up the size of the lodge so we don't have to share rooms

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Plus it's summer so it's prime season for them so they can charge pretty much whatever they want.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

jeez i remember booking customers in to the econo lodge on international drive for about $17 a night

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah five people in a room is too much even for the most social among us. You’ll enjoy the trip so much more with your own space to retreat to. If your family thinks it’s weird, oh well, they can deal, you need to do what’s right for you.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
y'all inspired me to check again just to make sure I wasn't being ripped off by booking.com but all other sites including the hotel's seem to be about the same, $100 per night. Bleh, :capitalism:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

y'all inspired me to check again just to make sure I wasn't being ripped off by booking.com but all other sites including the hotel's seem to be about the same, $100 per night. Bleh, :capitalism:

oh idk if the US booking.com does it but in the UK if you sign up for their bullshit loyalty club thing (which is free) you get 10% off your bookings

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
also thanks everybody for the immediate nice responses. I think I just needed to lay it all out in words for it to start making sense

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My limit with my parents is like four hours. I can’t imagine 3 days.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

It's the "econo lodge" and it's $200 for two nights. It's very near a national park so that's probably why

this reminded that I did stay in an econo lodge after the five star hotel

I know this because after breaking up with the girlfriend I went to seattle with I stayed in an econo lodge to get the gently caress out of our shared house

I went to it because it was the cheapest place in my city, they had a weekly rate that worked out to something like $25 a night

I hope your $100 a night econo lodge is better, mine was incredibly scary

shortly after entering my room I noticed that the door had at some point been kicked in, and all the locks were seemingly caulked back into the door

then I took a closer look and realized it was worse than that, the locks were held in place by crumpled up wet paper towels

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

TIP posted:

I know this because after breaking up with the girlfriend I went to seattle with I stayed in an econo lodge to get the gently caress out of our shared house

I went to it because it was the cheapest place in my city, they had a weekly rate that worked out to something like $25 a night

shortly after entering my room I noticed that the door had at some point been kicked in, and all the locks were seemingly caulked back into the door

then I took a closer look and realized it was worse than that, the locks were held in place by crumpled up wet paper towels

Probably going to guess that room had been raided at some point. Also guessing that drugs were involved.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

I'm glad you didn't die

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Zil posted:

Probably going to guess that room had been raided at some point. Also guessing that drugs were involved.

based on the neighborhood and the general vibe I feel like it's just as likely that it wasn't police who kicked in the door

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Butts

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

........boobs

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

despite all that it was still a way better option than staying in my house

when my girlfriend broke up with me she simultaneously announced that her terrible parents were already on a plane and would soon arrive to stay with us for a month

an incredibly effective strategy to send me running for the hills

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ruby Gloom posted:

........boobs

The eternal battle rages on.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

........boobs

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Zil posted:

The eternal battle rages on.

the clear winner is boners

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:haibrower:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hear me out here

what about butts with nipples?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

hear me out here

what about butts with nipples?

the placement would be very important here

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I feel like I remember seeing a picture of a tattoo of nipples on butt cheeks, but a quick google search brings up nothing.

maybe this is for the best

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i bet it's weird getting a butt tattoo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Instead of nipple tattoos on your butt cheeks what if you got tattoos of really judgmental eyes?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Instead of nipple tattoos on your butt cheeks what if you got tattoos of really judgmental eyes?

these ones

https://i.imgur.com/mLBjB9x.mp4

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i bet it's weird giving a butt tattoo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
can you get a gif as a tattoo

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

not these ones
:nws: for hairy man rear end
https://i.imgur.com/TX7WYNm.jpg

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

speaking of nipple tattoos I once saw a woman who had tattoos designed to make her areolas star shaped

it just looks all kinds of wrong, people should not have polygonal areolas

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DorkusMalorkus posted:

not these ones
:nws: for hairy man rear end
https://i.imgur.com/TX7WYNm.jpg

Biblically accurate butt

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

gently caress it I'm ordering a pizza LET'S DO THIS

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

speaking of nipple tattoos I once saw a woman who had tattoos designed to make her areolas star shaped

it just looks all kinds of wrong, people should not have polygonal areolas

this actually made me feel dizzy holy poo poo

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Ruby Gloom posted:

i bet it's weird getting a butt tattoo

what if... what if you fart :ohdear:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Revins posted:

what if... what if you fart :ohdear:

you get a discount and a churro

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

when I saved my credit card information to the pizza site it forced me to give it a nickname

so of course I named it cardy

it expired so I had to add a new one today, which is of course now named cardy b

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
what kind of pizza are you and cardy b having tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

wet rear end pizza