Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That's the face you get from having a lot of testosterone. Back when I was the heaviest into lifting, my face would sometimes do that after working out. Keep an eye out next time you're at the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Thanks, won’t be back in the gym for a while as I’m focusing on training by jumping off a cliff.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://mangadex.org/chapter/9568314e-576e-428a-af1a-7028e98c28c3/1

I think this is the best chapter in a while. Yuujiro jumping through the ceiling and walking back in with that line is a great gag.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao kehaya doing like ali and just loving ditching yujiro

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's a cool move imo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh yeah Spinyback started translating Yuenchi, a spinoff with Katsumi's older brother?

https://mangadex.org/title/fe9b4485-550a-4823-84eb-8680283b5d9f/yuenchi-baki-gaiden-manga

e: holy gently caress yujirou really hosed up yanagi's jaw lmao

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/9568314e-576e-428a-af1a-7028e98c28c3/1

I think this is the best chapter in a while. Yuujiro jumping through the ceiling and walking back in with that line is a great gag.

Feels like a breath of fresh air to just have someone loving dip out on Yujiro using his own joke.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

To be fair it's probably the smartest thing anyone who's fought Yujiro has done, to be like "yeah okay fuuuuck this" and just leave.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Plutonis posted:

Oh yeah Spinyback started translating Yuenchi, a spinoff with Katsumi's older brother?

https://mangadex.org/title/fe9b4485-550a-4823-84eb-8680283b5d9f/yuenchi-baki-gaiden-manga

Oh poo poo this series has that assassin from Garouden, this might be really interesting

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

Oh poo poo this series has that assassin from Garouden, this might be really interesting

It's based on a novel that was cowritten by the Garouden writer (in a collab with Itagaki)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so wait is sumo powerful

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Plutonis posted:

i assumed yujirou killed him all nthis time lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

so wait is sumo powerful

Sumo is strong when one guy uses it (two if you count the sumo that beast Mokobe) but biting is still stronger.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

so wait is sumo powerful

Very strong.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

sumo..... is strong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its very funny to me that all fighting manga have a thing about sumo being strong but also feature sumo wrestlers being beaten by professional wreslters

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Baki owns lately.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theres been cool moments but baki-dou seems kind of aimless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats been baki since he fought yujirou though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah Bakis own arc is more or less over for as long as itagaki keeps yuujiro as an insurmountable wall.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah Baki is in a weird place where he's supposed to be the 2nd strongest creature in the world (since he fought evenly with his dad for quite a while) so he's basically able to just kick everyones rear end and there's only really one last obstacle for him to seriously overcome... and that's his dad, again

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah Baki is in a weird place where he's supposed to be the 2nd strongest creature in the world (since he fought evenly with his dad for quite a while) so he's basically able to just kick everyones rear end and there's only really one last obstacle for him to seriously overcome... and that's his dad, again

He beat his father

Yujiro's soup was... a little salty.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jose posted:

thats been baki since he fought yujirou though

yeah which is the entirety of baki-dou

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Baki has sort of a power creep problem now. He's fought his dad, a super strong caveman and the best swordsman in history. When the next opponent is just some big sumo guy it loses the impact, but there's also the problem of where the hell do you go from here.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he needs to fight an alien

specifically a xenomorph

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's more of a slice of life comic, except with superhuman fightmen

Also I'm still waiting for Baki to fight a cyborg or genetically enhanced superhuman

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Baki has sort of a power creep problem now. He's fought his dad, a super strong caveman and the best swordsman in history. When the next opponent is just some big sumo guy it loses the impact, but there's also the problem of where the hell do you go from here.

They've defeated the greatest fighters from both history and prehistory, so next they should fight the greatest warriors of the future.

Baki vs Hanmatron 9000

or, alternatively

Baki at his physical peak vs 90-year-old Baki at his technical peak

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Everyone knows the final boss of Baki is Motobe when he's prepared.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

theres been cool moments but baki-dou seems kind of aimless

I stopped caring about plot progression a long time ago. It's been 10 years since Baki defeated Yujiro. I'm just here for the bakisms.

Admittedly I'm kind of excited to see where he takes the Jack storyline. Sukune and Jack are being set up for some interesting character development. They're the two characters who don't feel shallow or stagnant right now. Maybe the main cast will start beating the poo poo out of each other again, which would be the best possible thing for Baki.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well jack wants to fight Baki again presumably for his right to fight yujirou. The more sensible person to resurrect his Bakis grandad though

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I just re-read the original Grappler Baki and the way current series Doppo is slowly morphing into a literal meat cube is both amazing, hilarious and correct.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Bushmeister posted:

I just re-read the original Grappler Baki and the way current series Doppo is slowly morphing into a literal meat cube is both amazing, hilarious and correct.

his hands must weight ten pounds each

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bushmeister posted:

Absolutely everything about this man was thick.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kehaya proving to be more interesting than Sukune at least

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 15, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Everyone passing doppo thinking
"drat he thicc as gently caress"

lmao the panep that implies doppo has monster girth

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I wonder why Itagaki loves to do that weird stare with characters where they are looking in different directions when contemplating food or booze.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Kehaya proving to be more interesting than Doppo at least

Doppo is very cool :colbert:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Doppo is very cool :colbert:

He absolutely is, I'm a stupid who meant to say Sukune instead :V

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
So what are the main characters doing?

Baki: Probably fighting the image of a deathclaw or something similar.

Yujiro: Just popped in to gently caress poo poo up and won’t be seen again until he’s gotta gently caress someone else up.

Doppo: Meat cube

Retsu: Isekai’d until he is cloned

Jack: Pac-manning everyone

Biscuit: Flexing and sleeping on the 5% of the bed allowed to him by his girlfriend.

Hanayama: Probably being badass somewhere

Motobe: Who cares about Motobe?

Katsume: Also being a badass somewhere

Kozue: Completely forgotten about by Itagaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Hanayama spinoff where he goes to school, and delinquents try to gently caress with him but instead get so intimidated by him that they pussy out loving rules